QuickBooks Payroll Logo

QuickBooks Payroll Reviews - Page 7

ST

Susan T.

QuickBooks New Payroll Packages

Pros

The customer service is great and the product works well, but - - -

Cons

The fact that my clients will no longer be able to choose when and if to make their federal and state payroll taxes. I deal with new and small companies only. Although I always explain the risk of paying payroll taxes late, there are lots of times the client chooses a different date to pay the taxes or chooses to postpone paying the taxes till the following month. No longer is that an option. Now QuickBooks will make the decision when to pay taxes instead of my clients choosing when to pay the payroll taxes. I will be moving some of my clients off QBO and IOP payroll in order to retain clients if need be. Shouldn't the client be in control of his own destiny?

JC

Julia C.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Very helpful! Love their customer service reps!

Great team to work with!

Pros

Easy to use software. Great help in keeping the company organized and on track. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was so helpful today in clearing up a bank account update issue for me. Very impressed.

Cons

Nothing- it's wonderful. Sometimes the wait for customer service is a bit long but they do a great job once you talk to them.

AH

Amanda H.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Thank You!

Just want to thank quickbooks. So very helpful. I went from working for someone else to running a company with ZERO experience. If it weren't for the ease of this product and the customer service being there to help with anything I never could of done it!

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and they have great customer service that is there to help with anything.

Cons

So far there isn't anything that I can think of.

BD

Brenda D.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Solved our Problems

No problems

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] swiftly analyzed the problems were having and recommended we use a different browser. Took over our computer and fixed problems we were having with a missing gear symbol, etc. Like Most - Ease of use in Invoicing customers.

Cons

We do not have any suggestions at this time.

KB

Kady B.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

QuickBook

Pros

Simple to navigate, one user-friendly system. The software's alleviate the use of multiple tables, spreadsheets, and tracking sheets necessary to document and maintain accounting tasks at a company

Cons

On the downside, if you use the online version of QuickBooks instead of the on-premises software program, you run the risk of exposing important financial information to Internet hackers.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Nice software for small business with few employees

Overall, I love it. I would recommend it for starter businesses. When you get to variables (lots of overtime, hrly, sick, etc), then it is time to move on.

Pros

I love the ease of use of the software. I know how much to pay and I am able to see payroll expenses smoothly.

Cons

I am not a fan of the price. I suppose I have an issue due to having 35 employees now. It becomes too much work for me.

LB

Lisa B.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Good until the disaster

By using Quickbooks Payroll, the regular extortion to pay $$$ to update the software gets yet more frequent. We were forced to upgrade in mid 2020 during the worst of the pandemic when our office was closed. But it was "upgrade or too bad," so we had no choice. After spending several hundred to upgrade, we learned that our payroll wasn't filed anyway. We were later told, "you need to run a ZERO PAYROLL after upgrading the software" which of course nobody tells us that anywhere. After years of paying for their service, we were terminated without notice, nobody bothered to pick up a phone and call "hey, 5 years of our service and you're about to be cancelled, was this your intent?"

Pros

It integrated the accounting features and the payroll so no need to carry over numbers from one platform to another.

Cons

We incurred many thousands in penalties due to incompetence of the Quickbooks Payroll system that caused us to lose our payroll service after spending dearly on it for many years, and a general, "shut up and just pay us our money" attitude from Quickbooks with zero interest in solving any problems for a small business. Maybe they treat the big companies better, I have no clue.

js

john s.

Construction, 11-50 employees

customer support is a joke

If you have premier you are told that they will transfer you to a specialist No direct contact. Ask for help and they will call you back if you are lucky

Pros

I am used to it . I have been using it to long

Cons

Customer support is a joke . If you have an issue that is not being taken care of they just promise to have a manager call and that never happens

EM

Emily M.

QuickBooks Payroll

For someone with only a few employees it is a good product.

Pros

The ease of being able to process your payroll from any mobile device.

Cons

The software makes set up difficult by trying to automate taxes and deductions vs allowing you to customize your payroll settings like the desktop version. Also the reports for payroll summary or not nearly as detail or customizable as the desktop version.

DB

Darla B.

Design, 1-10 employees

QuickBooks Payroll review

Saves so much time each month/quarter having QuickBooks handle filing all tax documents and paying them.

Pros

Keeps track of all payroll taxes and QuickBooks handles filing all federal forms and state unemployment forms.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve but once you master it, it's great

SS

Sue S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Not happy with Intuit's transition to Quickbooks Payroll

Right now QuickBooks payroll is causing me more problems than ever before. Intuit Full Service Payroll used to be the best product on the market. I haven't taken the time to see if there is something better than this inferior product they transitioned us to.

Pros

The best thing about Intuit is their customer support. I always get a quick call back and a knowledgeable, helpful person. Unfortunately, since the transition to this new software, I have had to call support more times in the past month than I did all last year. Each time, they have been extremely helpful but I used to be able to use the software without having to get assistance from their support. I resent having to spend the time calling support for what used to take me a couple minutes to do myself.

Cons

So much has changed, not for the better, with this new software. Intuit Full Service Payroll was a superior product and worth every cent. This new software costs more and is inferior in so many ways. I don't feel the new software is user friendly. Many of the features are hidden that used to be easy to access. Some features are gone that were necessary and many of the "improved" reports are lacking. I never understand when a company has a superior product and they retire it for a substandard replacement.

Apparel & Fashion, 1,001-5,000 employees

QuickBooks payroll takes payroll and Taxes off your to do list.

It a straight forward payroll software ,easy to set up and implement.

Pros

It's highly intergratable with other softwares ,making it excellent as work easy work track.Implementation is easy and fast.Has a generally straight forward UI.

Cons

It's been a great experience using these tool, I have not encountered any hitch.

NB

Naomi B.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Easy and Usefull

Having a chance to use the software with a free trial period and no obligation or long-term contract is great! Getting started was easy and everything runs smooth. Your customer service is top-notch. My few questions were answered very quickly. I highly recommend Quickbooks Payroll to anyone looking to streamline their business.

Pros

Very easy to use; virtually foolproof. Takes very little time to learn nuances of the program. It’s great

RC

Randall C.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Quick books w/Payroll for small office

For my small office quickbooks does it all — think o could find the payroll for a lesser expense

Pros

It has all the information necessary to do the financial and payroll for my small office and provides lots of information

Cons

The pricing for the payroll is a little high for 2 employees— believe there are other services which would provide similar services with less work for less money.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Quickbooks Review

My experience with QuickBooks Payroll has been great. I can view paychecks at any time and also see the money i am about to get in the salary and also see the days i am getting paid for.

Pros

It's a great software to view your paychecks and tax forms. You can create an account and you can view your paychecks for any time range and also the total amount delivered to your bank in that particular paycheck and till the present time. You can also download any paycheck at anytime and also change your bank information. You can also see the number of days you are getting paid for.

Cons

Your company/organisation you work for, creates your account and enters data on the site. You can just view your paychecks and edit tax related information.

SS

Sue S.

Printing, 1-10 employees

Great customer service

The customer help staff are very professional and positive. Rarely does it take long to get someone to help me. I can complete payroll in just a few minutes and print out a variety of reports to keep track of everything. There is lots of flexibility in the reports that make it easy to quickly get the specific information needed for a loan or audit .

Pros

Quickbooks is simple to use and I am able to make most changes quickly and easily. When I call for help, the people are always positive and professional.

Cons

I have wished I could speak to one of the actual payroll tax accountants. If there is a problem, you talk to the person who takes the calls and they relay your problem/information to the specialists, which is time consuming and can lead to misunderstanding. Also, QB does not actually file and pay the L&I tax in Washington state, so I need to make sure I do it and that my numbers match theirs.

JW

Jenny W.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Will never go back to expensive payroll company!

Great to have our payroll automatically included in profitability and other business reports!

Pros

Quickbooks payroll keeps all our important employee and payroll information in one easily accessible place!

Cons

Some difficulty with the vacation sick time accrual being off, but that is probably something I can fix

PL

Pam L.

Good payroll software

This software enables you to keep working within the same program for invoicing, bill paying and payroll. The reports are fairly easy to navigate and are very helpful.

Pros

This software guides you through set-up of payroll for all employees. Helps set up weekly, quarterly and annual taxes.

Cons

If your payroll has to be modified, it is not easy to change the payroll tax information.

na

nadeem a.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

great agen

I would like to thank [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Service & Support Specialist, Small Business & Self Employed Group. she was very helpful in helping me figure out my needs on payroll. thank you again for your help. Nadeem

Pros

ease of use and very helpful in doing my job.

Cons

little over priced speacially now that most of the businesses are out of business due to Covid 19.

KL

Kathy L.

Paper & Forest Products, 1-10 employees

Loyal Customer

I have used the desk top for several years and when I was introduced to the on-line version....it was a rap!

Pros

I like how easy it is to navigate through the program, very helpful for anyone who is a business owners . Customer service is excellent!

Cons

Only problem I had was I got a call back from a C SR and the hung up on me because I told them that they had a very heavy accent and I need someone who could help me with out me having to repeat myself.

TT

Tiffany T.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Not really Effective for Larger companies

Pros

Was my go to until we doubled in employee size.

Cons

Needs to be more streamlined. With all of the other options available now, , QB is really good for small businesses only

Thank you for taking a moment to share your review and feedback, Tiffany. We're glad that QB Payroll worked well for you all in the beginning, and congratulations on your growth! If you'd ever like to re-consider QB Payroll in the future, we'd be more than happy to take a look at what options would be best suited for your business type. We appreciate your time with us! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

MP

Mary P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Customer Service - Needs improved

Purchased the product on 7/16 and have yet to have one payroll run correctly. Had to reset program three times, failed to link with bank, etc. Quickbooks charged an NSF fee for an error created by one Quickbooks "highly" qualified staff. I am invested more than 30 hours on calls with Quickbooks payroll and spoken to approximately 12 employees. Staff make promises but no results. If it works someday, the program will be great.

Pros

Quick calculation of payroll Interface with general accounting

Cons

The time I have invested in getting the product to work correctly. The lack of qualified Customer Service staff to assist. Most CSR are not trained in the product and are trying to relay information to staff via chat or message.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

QuickBooks Payroll makes paying employees a breeze

QuickBooks payroll allows small business owners to accurately track taxes and file appropriately. I don't have to second guess if I'm doing my payroll correctly because I know QuickBooks has it covered.

Pros

I love the fact that it integrates with QuickBooks software. I've it with QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online and it makes running payroll easy. I've used both Enhanced and Full Service payroll. It's nice because it tells you when you need to file forms and how much you need to pay in to the local/state/fed agencies. It really takes the headache out of paying employees.

Cons

The set up is a little confusing at times, but QuickBooks has support for it. Just make sure you allow enough time to set it up.

XV

Xa V.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is awesome!

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Pros

Customer service support is great! I just got done chatting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about adding a deduction and he was easy to talk with, friendly and got what I needed to be done quickly. I had a positive experience.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

KB

Kevin B.

Medical Practice, 10,001+ employees

QuickBooks to the rescue

Pros

Quickbooks makes small business accounting and payroll a walk in the park. The user interface is well laid out and obviously carefully constructed.

Cons

Intuit customer service is poor at best and doesn't strive to win returning customers. Their Direct-to-Consumer pricing also is poorly managed and could use some enlightenment.