RotaCloud Logo

RotaCloud

Rota & staff management with a drag & drop interface

RotaCloud Reviews

4.9

How would you rate RotaCloud?

Pros

From first contact to present date I have had nothing but positive experiences with RotaCloud. The sales and technical support teams are fantastic, quick to respond and very friendly.

Niall K.

The customer service team are super helpful and interactive, will go above and beyond to help make the system work for you.

ER

Ella R.

Its been just great, the rota cloud staff are always on hand to help if I need to know anything.

bw

beverley w.

Cons

Not having an undo or back button. At times I get interrupted during writing the staff rota and have dropped shifts on the wrong staff or deleted a shift by mistake.

LK

Lee K.

Not being able to have a banked hours additional leave allocation area. Not being able to stop staff being able to request leave if they are near the red allocation as we use hourly leave.

LP

Lorraine P.

For example the uploading of recruitment documents. The budgeting add-on is confusing to use and not very clear to view.

EP

Ellie P.

Don't go anywhere else

Great customer service, simple system to use. It really is a huge timesaver and I would recommend it to everyone.

Pros

So simple to use and any problems, there is always help at hand. Since switching to RotaCloud it has saved me countless hours of manually counting clock cards, checking leave entitlements left and creating a rota.

Cons

After 2 years I am yet to discover something I least like.

Amazing software

Pros

This software is everything and more. Easy to use, understand, navigate and most of all so practical. Value for money - one stop everything!

Cons

Would prefer an email invoice every month rather logging on to download and save. Apart from that everything is great.

Hi Kalpna, thanks for the feedback! It's great to hear about your positive experience using RotaCloud. You'll be pleased to know invoices can be emailed to you each month directly - I've contacted you directly about setting this up. Many thanks, Maisie

Rota Cloud is great for our business

Quick rota planning, holiday approval, report creation and many more Having everything in one place on one system Easy to see staff details

Pros

Ability to suggest changes to the system Staff do not need to fill in a timesheet - all done on the system Changes can be easily made and staff notified quickly The system allows annual leave, rota planning, timesheet approval and to run specific reports, for roles, costs, sickness, etc

Cons

If you have a large staff team adding all shifts on can be difficult as you cannot see all staff in the view and have to scroll up and down When checking staff timesheets the scroll goes back to the top each time - I have been informed however that rota cloud are improving this at present

Rota cloud is a great programme.

It is much quicker and easier to get my rota organised. It's better that staff can check their shifts daily and any changes notify them on their phones. I like the financial summary it produces as well.

Pros

I like how easy it is to make a rota and see the financial side of things quickly and easily. I like the quick and very responsive feedback when I have been unsure of anything on the soft ware.

Cons

I don't like that the weekly hours doesn't include any annual leave staff have taken, as I then have to add that manually on another spread sheet, where all other rota issues are managed by the Rota Cloud soft ware.

Rotas have never been so easy

We moved from rotas on a spreadsheet and holiday on a group calander. Now everything is in one place with a simple dashboard to view the days rota.

Pros

Easy to use, does the hard work for you, reporting gives an easy view of who is on shift, shift swaps and sickness. Copying weekly shifts is a simple copy and paste

Cons

Any suggestions I have had to improve the software for our use has been done

Rota Cloud admin user review

Positive, has helped these businesses manage rota's and staff working across multiple locations with variable hours, cloud-based platform is better as staff can access the rota at any time, from any internet enabled device

Pros

Easy to manage variable hours employee rota patterns Simple absence recording tool for holidays, sick, etc Holds personal data securely and safely on a cloud based platform, so mobile employees can access on any internet device, e.g. phone, I-pad, laptop, etc

Cons

Sometimes a bit sticky when entering rota's drop's down to wrong employee after click Not easily customised but this is common with any SAAS cloud based platform Not going to replace a fully integrated HR system to hold other records, e.g. appraisals etc

Rota cloud has helped me so much keep track of not only the weekly rota, but holidays and swaps

Pros

It gives the staff a chance to be some responsibility. They can switch shifts with each other (with manager approval). It enables a central place to request holidays, no more confusion on if someone has asked, before they could ring, email or tell me in person. This way it is very clear, they can also keep track of how much holiday they are due. The rotas themselves are really easy to set up, you can copy parts of them, or switch them around. There is also an open shifts section, so you can effectivly send out a request for cover to all staff at once.

Cons

Pricey if you have lots of employees. We are looking to add in our volunteer staff but I am having to try to justify the price with our committee.

Essential for easy rotas

Absolutely fantastic. Sales and aftercare are second to none

Pros

Sometimes creating rotas can be a hassle, but the algorithms of this software makes life easy and generates rotas with ease

Cons

It could take my job! Rotas are the one thing that takes time and patience, however this software eliminates that. It's a con, but a positive one. Sometimes as it's cloud, there is downtime

Never look back...

exceptional, I wouldn't go back to our old excel based system for all the tea in China!

Pros

It's very intuitive and user friendly for the staff. It cuts down on the amount of time the staff spend trying to cover shifts too

Cons

We had to get a bespoke template made for payroll. Perhaps there could have been an easier way round it but it's done now

An absolute godsend.

Saves time and easy for staff to review shifts.

Pros

Easy to use , saves so much of my time and great value for my money. We have used RotaCloud now for three years and I recommend it to anyone I know in business.

Cons

Maybe a small tutorial video of what everything does would be helpful to new users. I cannot think of anything else that is needed to improve the service.

Excellent and Simple to use!

The guys usually reply to any queries within 10 minutes which is really handy. We use Rotacloud for so many different things from on call rotas, nurse rotas, doctor rotas, office rotas, calculating overtime, reporting shifts per employee and pay. It's such a simple system with so many possibilities at the ease of a few buttons! Would be lost without it....

Pros

Cons

The Dr's can't see what's available for all locations on a certain date. They have to individually click on each location to see if anythings available which they ask me about a lot.

Very good and efficient way to handle rotas

Rotas have become so much more efficient.

Pros

I love the fact that staff can get their rotas on their phone. No more excuses that they didn't see they were on the rota. I like that it records holiday requests so you don't forget any holiday's that you agreed they could have and schedule them in. Overall made the whole rota process so much easier.

Cons

I do need to change the administrator to myself from the colleague that originally set it up as she no longer works for us but I am finding this quite difficult.

RotaCloud has been brilliant for us in producing our staff rota!!!

i dont feel i use RotaCloud to its full potential im only a basic user but feel i could use it for so much more!!

Pros

Its easy to use and the staff are kept up to date with their Rota and any additional shifts available. They can book holidays too!

Cons

Hi Victoria, Thank you for your review! I've sent you an email with the offer of an online demonstration, so that you become a RotaCloud expert! Thanks Martin

Its a good all round system, maybe we probably dont use it to its full advantage as we only use it for seasonal staff so dont use the leave functions etc. I would query the risk to our service if the system was to go down for any reason, we do have manual plans in place but it would still cause issues to the patient led service we provide.

Pros

It is easy to use, and the service staff are friendly and always very helpful at hand to help if needed

Cons

When working off site on my laptop i dont get the full screen function on my screen to be able to see all staff on the rota

Great Investment.

Pros

Rota-cloud is simple to use whilst also being flexible for our business needs. The time saving eliminate with reporting, rota building, holiday schedules & payroll in particular is extremely valuable for the whole team. We also use the system to track persons within the business (H&S fire risk) Being remote (the clue is in the name I guess) I also found this to be a great advantage as I have multiple sites which I can now manage live from my desk or on my mobile when need be.

Rota software for all

A great experience and ffered above and beyond what we expected.

Pros

Rotacloud was very easy to set up, build member database, build and copy rotas for the present and future and most importantly was easily accessed and easily used by our volunteers and staff.

Cons

nothing stand-out as did what we asked for all situations

User friendly product

very good and great support

Pros

ease of use and no problems if i need advice or help from customer support

Cons

everything is fine for my needs, so there's nothing for me too dislike

Great Site easy to follow

Pros

Very clear and user friendly. saves a lot of time being able to communicate with staff via this. i love that the shifts can be acknowledged by the staff. its is really easy to set up and amend on the rota. The copy and past facility is a great time saver. We have had positive feedback from our users.

Cons

when completing the attendance at the end of a week, it seems messy when a shift has not been attended, there is no way i can see of marking this. it is just not added to worked hours however shows up as not been actioned which i find frustrating. also when the hours are different to what was booked i.e when a morning shift has run over, it then appears that they were late for the pm but would be good it we were able to amend this without having to go back to the rota and change the shift as i need to keep a record of the original requirement. A reminder that there are unpublished shifts would also be great.

Great system!

We have used RotaCloud for over 4 years now and find it caters to all our needs. It is very easy to use, never glitches and customer support is very quick and reliable. Would highly recommend.

Pros

Easy to use, reliable & good customer support.

Cons

Nothing really, except I never used to have to close down and log back on each day to use certain functions, but now I do.

Easy to use and perfect for small businesses

Perfect for us, we have 72 staff split over a few different departments. The holiday function is fantastic and just generally a really great system to use. Has some good reporting tools too.

Pros

The ease of use and the back end reports

Cons

If a member of staff has been removed and then returns it is difficult to add that person back again.

Great simple product at a very affordable price

Its has put the holiday management, rota planing and payroll all under one roof, even the staff database is really handy and we use it in our small business as an HR tool

Pros

This product is so simple to use, set-up, maintain and train out to our team who work with it. It is very intuitive and because the front end user experience (employees) is easy it is used really accurately. It gives you the flexibility to set your own parameters and not just having to work with ones from an industry that is not yours.

Cons

There isn't anything I am missing at the moment. It is really working for us.

Highly recommended

We've been using RotaCloud for over two years and now can't imagine how we survived without it. We mange a small core team but a large, casual bank of staff for a restaurant where we plan our rota a month in advance but then need to deal with lots of swaps and changes or staff making minor changes to shift times.

Pros

RotaCloud is intuitive and easy for the rota administrators and the staff. The RotaCloud development team are really responsive and helpful. The app works well on all devices. Back end and front end are well designed and reporting functions have really helped us to plan, see patterns and manage spend on staffing.

Cons

That we didn't know about it or find it 5 years ago!

excellent

this is the third company I have implemented Rotacoud at, its incredibly simple to use especially when rolling out to a large and diverse workforce

Pros

easy to use, easy too apply, customer service too

Cons

not much to pick at really , it fits perfectly for what we need, maybe add a bit for self employed workers

really helped ease our rota buliding

Saves time when preparing weekly rotas. All staff receive notifications of shifts so no misunderstanding can happen.

Pros

Staff can keep track of shifts / swap with each other/book holidays and monitor how many days left they have without having to keep coming to ask therefore saving me time!

Cons

in the past the app updates have had issues on certain handsets and it can sometimes show incorrect information - However the rota cloud team soon resolve any issues...

Excellent Product and Fantastic Customer Service

The ability to manage our staff more efficiently and the reporting function have really helped. Especially the bespoke reports created by Joel.

Pros

With over 1000 members of staff, and 12 different Care Homes with separate locations RotaCloud ensures that we can keep track of our employees and pay them correctly. The reporting functionality is fantastic for Finance and Operations. The import and export tool is invaluable now and saves a lot of unnecessary time. Joel and his team have really helped us to get our business where it needs to be. We wouldn't use any other reporting tool. Our staff love that they can see their expected pay on the App and the ability to swap shifts. If any training is required the team are always on hand, which is a huge reassurance, when you have so many employees to manage.

Cons

The Bank Holidays being visible on the Rota would help. All of my other problems were solved quickly, thank you cust support!