Sapling Reviews

4.71/5 (228 reviews)

Pros
  • The interface is a welcoming experience that's enjoyable to use.
  • Usability and look and feel is quite nice. App is responsive and clear.
  • User Friendly, explained the process step by step, visually appealing layout
  • I can pass on tasks to other employees in the company and getting information to the employee before they begin.
Cons
  • Can't wait for waterfall tasks, and more integrations.
  • So far there is nothing that I dislike about this software.
  • I wish Sapling integrated into other products that I already use.
  • It works great, unfortunately I need to enter 40 characters in this box.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jonathan Whitford

Have amplified employee onboarding with Sapling

Reviewed 2018-02-14

Pros
Having a platform for employees to learn about the culture and history of our organization, as well as get to know their colleagues ahead of starting, has greatly improved the onboarding process. We really enjoy the buddy feature, as it has taken our employee buddy program to a new level and increases engagement. Instead of having to use paper forms and checklists for onboarding, and sending back and forth emails, tasks are easily delegated to the appropriate people in my office and there's more transparency in the process.

Cons
Sapling has released a plethora of new features in the year that I've been on the platform, many from customer feedback. I'd like to see an Office 365 integration, as there currently is one with G Suite.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thanks for your kind words. The team here at Sapling is dedicated to helping new hires feel right at home and get to know their colleagues even before their first day. It's great to hear that UCSF has found success using the buddy feature. Buddy programs are a great way to kick-start the process of connecting with your new hire and making them feel welcomed.

Please keep the feedback coming and we're excited about the partnership we've created to help you do your best work!

Kybrinna Wallace

Sapling competition

Reviewed 2019-05-08

It has been good. It is a solid software and has a very knowledgeable staff. While there is always room for improvement, being progressive with review offerings will make the technology community buzz.

Pros
User interface is awesome: With todays fast pace demand for more intuitive interfacing technoligies and data recovery, Sapling does a great job in addressing the everyday technical issues from recruiting to onboarding completion and document storage issues. While automization can result in cumbersom changes to workflows and clunky tasking, Saplings User interface is Simple, Clean and visually organized in it's step process.

Cons
Feed creation and implementation process: There are some setup quirks in site formating, email notifications to New Hires, and communications configurations between softwares. As a Client I know that not all are technologically gifted in the architect of development and operational implementation. It would be beneficial if Sapling's implementation team had some one on one forcast requirements of the Client and the HRIS Software Support team. I was looped in after the 3rd implementation attempt had crashed. Reporting and file creators along with Software team's communications feed and Market place implementation staff been in on this - one on one confrencing, a robust "sandboxing," and a slower sectioned rollout occured. I think this would have gone A-LOT smoother. Technical support: A week? Seriously? No other offerings or work arounds? Especially for mutistate companies. Verbage visibility: Soft gray is very hard on the eyes. Backlit screens and overhead florescents make it difficult - even with a difuser. Wish you could use your purple or a medium blue color that would differentiate between titles etc. and information entered.

Miyo Yamasaki

Implemented Sapling Twice Now

Reviewed 2020-01-06

Onboarding and offboarding has been enhanced in both companies I've implemented Sapling. The integrations have saved not only the People/HR team time, but other teams too!

Pros
I've implemented Sapling twice and found it easy to use and with a good CS rep, it'll go smoothly and your questions will be answered quickly. Once everything is set up, it's super easy to use.

Cons
There are still some functions that aren't that great; ie. start date change, but Sapling is working on it.

Franchesca Yates, SHRM-CP

Sapling is amazing!

Reviewed 2020-01-02

Overall, I think they've done a great job with the platform/service and our team is looking forward to any new updates!

Pros
- I love how user-friendly the platform is for Employees - The platform is aesthetically pleasing - Our Implementation Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is incredibly responsive and helpful to any questions/concerns we have - It has helped save us SO much time with the integrations from Lever and ADP - We can make custom workflows to help keep our growing team on the same page

Cons
- Employee Documents could be separated out into categories to make it easy for admin access & compliance purposes - There should be a way to capture I-9 & W-4 information for employees

Judy McElfresh

A SOLUTION FOR ACCURATE HRIS DATA TRACKING

Reviewed 2019-07-24

Pros
Sapling provides a good interactive experience that eliminates duplicate efforts while attempting to accurately track important data for both the employee and management perspective.

Cons
In getting up and running, the directive on how to load historical data from the employee perspective was vague.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Cristina Polanco

Great Concept

Reviewed 2019-10-29

Sapling is a great tool to ensure a new hire is all set on their first day, when it works properly.

Pros
I like that new hires are able to complete essential information before their start date so they don't have to spend time on their first day completing their tax form and I-9. Also, managers are able to fill in information about their need hire, like software needs, and IT can view and work with that info.

Cons
Inconsistency. Sometimes the program works as needed, sometimes it doesn't and there's no way of telling unless the new hire contacts you before their first day letting you know that they're having tech issues. Also, if an email is scheduled to go out a few days in the future, there's no way to edit or make changes to the scheduled email once you've onboarded the new hire.

Lyssa Kirk-Kappeler

Super User Friendly

Reviewed 2019-04-12

I am completing a on boarding experience with a company. I love how easy it is to see everything in one spot, communicate with all team members and members of management, and send them necessary information (ie: documents)

Pros
User Friendly, explained the process step by step, visually appealing layout

Cons
So far there is nothing that I dislike about this software.

Andrew Edelman

Sapling makes onboarding easy!

Reviewed 2020-01-09

Pros
Sapling is intuitive, simple, and easy to use. Literally anyone can learn how to use it within seconds. It has helped me onboard to a new company quickly.

Cons
I wish Sapling integrated into other products that I already use.

Brian Wendt

Slick experience with a clean interface

Reviewed 2019-12-12

Pros
The interface is a welcoming experience that's enjoyable to use.

Cons
Sometimes the number of tasks that I've yet to complete shows a negative number, which seems weird.

Sapling Review

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-12-13

It's a great HR tool that helped us starting from great employee onboarding experience to day-to-day work maintenance.

Pros
My most favorite features are Managing Time Off and Org Chart. Managing Time Off: it's easy to request time off and see how much has already been taken/ still available. Org Chart: so helpful to find the needed person/ contacts when the company is not small.

Cons
Ideal software. really. I can't think of anything right now I would love to be changed. At least from the user perspective, it's great.

Terlya Hunt

Time-saving, efficient, intuitive experience

Reviewed 2018-02-20

- Automated workflows - Seamless scheduling - customized onboarding experiences - Increased visibility - Clearer timelines/deadlines - Clear responsibilities/ownership - Org structure/ mapping capabilities - Greater accountability - easier planning/mapping

Pros
My favourite thing about Sapling is the ability to create customized onboarding journeys. Onboarding is so important to a company and Sapling enables you to create unforgettable experiences by automating the admin heavy side so that you can focus on creating a seamless/customised experiences.

Cons
It's reporting, storage and analytics capabilities have a long way to go. As we scale, I question wether we will outgrow it as a HRIS due to these things mentioned.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for taking the time to write a such a detailed review. It's great to hear what you like best about Sapling and how Sapling has provided a way for you to create customized onboarding for new hires. At Sapling, no onboarding is the same and we love when teams like yours go above and beyond to make their onboarding experience special.

Reporting and analytics have been a big focus for the Sapling team in 2018 and we can't wait to share what we have been creating to help as your team grows!

Renee Hankerson

A Modern application with a simple concept

Reviewed 2018-09-24

Getting my hands on this new software has been a great experience I can access all the things I need and it keeps me updated on everything I need to know that is going on with not only my self but my team memeber I would highly recommend this software to anyone who wants a software that gets the job done all in one place

Pros
The innovative technology that allows you to not only have easy access to your profile and your team memebers, but other leaders and team members in different locations to all be able to communicate and help one another. Also it’s as if your at a one stop shop from easy accessible tabs to keep track of your daily tasks to making keeping track of all of your information safer and quicker than ever.

Cons
This software is awesome if your using it from a pc if your using a mobile device and could be a little frustrating to access certain things. Which could easily be solved by flipping your phone into the horizontally direction a lot of the tabs you wouldn’t previously have see will now appear making everything to slot smoother.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thanks so much for this insightful feedback. We truly appreciate your thorough feedback and use case scenarios. We are glad that Sapling is contributing to your success as a new hire.

We are sorry to hear about your mobile experience. But great news, we had a recent release to Sapling's mobile experience, which has optimized the overall mobile experience.

Jamie Gordon

Fantastic! The Sapling team is so helpful and responsive.

Reviewed 2018-02-27

Pros
User friendly, easy to navigate for HR onboarding and offboarding. One of the rep is great about checking in to help and also updating our team on any changes or improvements that are coming up.

Cons
There are a couple of integrations that could be helpful if added such as Slack notifications. Would like for the org chart to be easier to use - sometimes has issues zooming in and out.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for this feedback Jamie!!! We agree that having additional integrations for the tools you already use would be ideal.

In our roadmap, we are working on a few other integrations, and one of them is with Slack. Please learn more here- https://help.saplingapp.io/hr-and-admins/setting-up-saplings-slack-integration.

Kristy Wentzel

Sapling has taken our onboarding process to the next level both internally and externally.

Reviewed 2018-02-20

Pros
Long gone are the days of Google spreadsheets and assorted Google docs. Sapling has saved us so much time and hassle by having all of the tasks in one assigned spot. Additionally, we pride ourselves on our onboarding experience and all of our new hires have commented on how welcome they felt even before they started. Sapling delivers a personalized experiences meant to educate the new hire about the company and ensure that they're able to hit the ground running on day one. Additionally, the customer support is phenomenal.

Cons
Sapling is a startup and still developing their technology so naturally has the occasional bug. The customer support is always great to help resolve any problems and I have no doubt that these will go away as they continue to grow

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for feedback Kristy!

We agree, long gone are the days of Google spreadsheets.

Sapling's goal is to ensure that your processes are automated to provide a streamlined onboarding and employee experience. We hear you, we have a long way to go, but we are constantly working on improving our platform and adding new functionalities to ensure that you continue being successful.

Asif Mohd

Onboarding experience

Reviewed 2019-06-10

Pros
Usability and look and feel is quite nice. App is responsive and clear.

Cons
Mostly around the People/Team members section. * I would appreciate if i can click on the team member profile and open it in a separate tab. * No clean way to come back to list of team members (except clicking on the browser back). * Persist the filtering/page size: If i apply a filter or change pagesize, then click on a team member profile and come back to list, the previous filters/pagesize is lost and i have to reapply. Also i noticed while filling personal details, in Gender dropdown there is no field for LGBT, it would be nice to have that option for people who identify differently.

Jenn Lien

Quality Pre-Boarding for Future Employees

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Our experience with Sapling was amazing from selection to going live. Estefany was our point of contact through the implementation process and she was incredibly organized, thorough and helpful. It was really an amazing experience.

Pros
I love that the tool integrates seamlessly with Greenhouse and WorkforceNow, that it's easy to use, that it's visually appealing and customizable.

Cons
It works great, unfortunately I need to enter 40 characters in this box.

Emily Byrne

Very clear and concise interface.

Reviewed 2018-08-27

Automated all HR information tracking which has saved a huge amount of time from an admin perspective. Extremely beneficial when onboarding a new team member.

Pros
Very clear and concise interface. Varying levels of admin functions allow for complete control over editing company profile while also protecting conditional information. Support during the sale, contract and implementation have been fantastic. All questions answers and plan put in place to make sure we launch when planned.

Cons
There is sometimes a delay when clicking in to edit tasks in workflows but it's not something that would stop me from using the software

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for sharing your insightful feedback with us. Sapling strives to be an automated all HR platform and it's great to hear that you see us this way. We hope that Sapling continues providing you and your organizing value by ensuring an automated, streamlined process.

In addition, our team highly enjoyed working with you throughout the sales, contract, and implementation stages and look forward to continue working with you to ensure Grow is successful.

Katrina Goduco

Saves so much time, but needs improvement

Reviewed 2018-11-09

Pros
I appreciate the fact that I didn't have to physically walk into the office to sign paperwork and fill out forms before my first day. I also like that the interface was extremely simple and easy to use, especially for a non-tech-y person like me.

Cons
I think the software can improve by adding a "save changes" button. I had to ask HR a question regarding a form that was listed under the "your information (?)" section, and when I returned to it the next day, all the info I had input the night before was gone – not a totally huge inconvenience, but still a nuisance.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Congrats on the new role Katrina and we appreciate your candid feedback.

We are happy to hear that you found the onboarding process streamlined and saw the befits of it. Team Sapling hopes to create a unique and engaging experience for new hires like yourself-even before they start.

We are sorry to hear that you experienced that nuisance, but we are always looking for feedback to improve our platform. So we thank you for sharing this with us.

Anonymous

So far it's good for the on-boarding process. Especially getting them started before they join.

Reviewed 2018-06-25

Getting information out the candidate before they begin and being able to give tasks to employees for new hires.

Pros

Cons
Still some bugs they need to get through. I'd like to be able to customize a little more, but overall a good program.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your experience with us. While we are happy to hear that Sapling has being a great asset for your onboarding flow, we also want to ensure that you are successful with your employee experience.

We'd love to learn more about what additional customization you hoped for.

Nancy Kyong

At InVision, we rely heavily on Sapling to help us stay on track while we scale.

Reviewed 2018-02-19

Pros
I love how customizable this platform is. It has evolved very quickly and the support team is super responsive. Each feature release provides new and improved ways for InVision to enrich our new hire experience.

Cons
With so many releases being launched sometimes the platform slows down quite a but which can be a bit tough. Mainly because I relay on this platform so much so when it slows down, my workflow is interrupted.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for you feeback and time - we have taken action to changes as needed.

We've changed our release cycle so there should be no impact on application performance.

Natasha Diamond

Simple yet powerful

Reviewed 2018-06-18

Pros
Sapling's end user interface is super intuitive and friendly to our end users. It's easy to understand and I love that everything is paperless! It has saved our HR team countless hours shuffling and filing paperwork.

Cons
It will be great for Sapling to continue to build out their API integrations with our HR software service providers in the future. So far the integration with ADP works fairly well.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Hi Natasha! We truly appreciate your insights.

We are happy to hear that Sapling has been intuitive and user friendly not only for yourself, but the broader team. But most importantly we are happy to hear that Sapling has been saving you time on manual work since that time can now be used to refocus from people admin to people strategy.

We are also always looking to improve our product and have released Sapling's API.

Mallory Mazer, PHR, SHRM-CP

Life Changing!

Reviewed 2018-02-05

Pros
This has changed and made our onboarding process so much more efficient. No more google docs! Syncs with Greenhouse, Namely and more.

Cons
Can't wait for waterfall tasks, and more integrations.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! Other than helping companies like yours get off spreadsheets, we are also focused on creating efficiency through our integrations.

We're looking forward to bringing you and the rest of the team more value soon!

Sapling is a great HRIS

Reviewed 2018-10-02

Sapling really seems like a great fit for a company at our stage of growth. It seems to have everything we need.

Pros
The interface feels modern and simple; it strives to look and behave like the best apps that you use every day. It makes simple tasks as simple as they should be, and complex tasks easier to accomplish. I like how Sapling encourages profile creation for a more social experience. Most HRIS software is cold and treats you like a peon. Sapling takes a warmer approach and makes it feel like you're connecting better with your coworkers.

Cons
The interface needs some more polish and performance improvements. Sapling also faces the same issue that other employee experience apps have where some parts of the interface can feel empty depending on how many features are in your company's license, and to what extent your company is utilizing those features. The layout (information architecture) seems too flat - It doesn't tell me what's most important.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for your insightful feedback and time. This feedback has been shared with the broader team. We have taken action to changes as needed. We've changed our release cycles to ensure there is no impact on application performance.

Moving forward, we hope Sapling continues to provide you with a platform that allows you better connect with your organization.

Seanmichael Rau

Simple, easy to use tool that allowed me to virtually meet my coworkers before day one.

Reviewed 2018-07-17

quickly and easily signed onboarding documents before my start day so I could focus on building relationships when I arrived at my new job instead of paperwork. Provided an easy to tackle to-do list for my first week.

Pros
I loved being able to check out the profiles of my future coworkers and see the organization mapped out by team.

Cons
I wish I could have advanced past the "upload a photo" page to finish signing docs and inputting other text info and come back once I had a photo ready. I didn't have a photo on hand so I it paused my process and i had to walk away and come back to it days later.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Congrats again on the new role and thank you for your time!

We appreciate the honesty in your feedback. In regards to the profile photo, we completely understand how this could be a pain point. The good news is that this could be a field that is not required, but this is based on company settings. To ensure that others users do not experience this, we've informed our program leads about your feedback.

Rebecca Gabris

First impression

Reviewed 2019-04-01

Pros
Clean, easy to use and navigate. The prompts were clear. This is my first time using the software, I was using it to get onboarded and to learn about my new team.

Cons
The People area didn't give me the views I needed all the time. For instance, when I clicked into one person from a specific department that I filtered, I saw the rest of the team on the side in circular icon form, but I had to role over to see their names, and I had no way of seeing their position, organizational structure. I also (when I hit the back button after that) it brought me back to the whole company and I had to filter all over again. I wish I was also able to see the team structure visually on someone's profile, including my own. And, be able to just click (XYZ team) on the side by profile pics to bring me directly back to the team I filtered.