Sapling Reviews

Sapling

Onboarding and HRIS platform for mid-sized companies

4.71/5 (230 reviews)

A good tool!

Reviewed 2019-03-05

Pros
Sapling has really streamlined our new hire on boarding and made my life 10x easier.

Cons
I think the product still has a long way to go - every other week I feel like something is breaking or I have a weird glitch and that can't be explained.

Anthony Allen

Really interesting platform with some very cool features!

Reviewed 2019-03-29

Made my new job onboarding experience much more enjoyable (and easier to submit paperwork and such!)

Pros
Easy to use, has a lot of nifty features and presents things in an easily digestible format!

Cons
Nothing so far - everything seems useful and functions well.

Joanne Soo

Easy to use and clear

Reviewed 2018-07-13

Pros
Very clear form with clear next steps and progression bar. Also, very intuitive user interface, with a clear call to actions on each step.

Cons
On the forms, would be good to understand what we're signing it for (took some time trying to understand). Additionally, would be nice to have some of them autofilled from previous data provided (not sure if legally allowed)

Response from Sapling Technologies

We appreciate the constructive feedback and are thrilled that we were able to provide a smooth onboarding and employee experience.

With documents, you are now able to ensure that data is prefilled by using document custom tokens. Any profile fields that you have within Sapling can be added to a document to ensure automation of data.

Anonymous

I was a candidate who was on-boarded with this software

Reviewed 2018-07-31

Easy On-boarding Process.

Pros
Simplicity and ease of use. The flows were logical I thought. Also the login process was seamless. I didn't face any glitches

Cons
The benefits sign on process was slightly less intuitive. I wasn't sure what I was NOT signing up for (E.g. was 401K sign up part of this?) It logged me out every other minute. Annoying.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are happy to hear that you found the platform easy and simple to use.

Regarding your log out issues, this was a setting to ensure that after being idle for a few minute, the system would log you out for security purposes. But we had a release that now allows for this settings to prolong the time, or to never log a user out.

Toluwani Oluyemi

Very easy to use

Reviewed 2019-06-10

Pros
It's pretty intuitive. I like that you have multiple options for your signature.

Cons
The chat box "X" was at the bottom of the chat box while I expected it to be on top of the chat window. It took me a few minutes to find it.

Shelby Kerr

Love the connection of Sapling

Reviewed 2019-01-09

Pros
As a brand new user, I really love all that Sapling has to offer so far. It's a great way to feel connected to my new team before my first day, and an awesome way to feel informed and confident going in. Having worked with other virtual team platforms before, this definitely stands out as a really organized and comprehensive software. Aesthetically pleasing, easy to navigate, great home page organization (all information is noticeably easy to access, does not require lots of travel through links to find) and informative.

Cons
No cons that have come to my attention so far!

Ethan Sun

happy in general.

Reviewed 2018-07-17

easy to find people and understand the organization, which is quite helpful especially for new employees.

Pros
I like the user-friendly interface, allowing me to find information about colleagues easily. I also like the Org chart design.

Cons
Once when I was trying to sing some documents, there's a technical issue where I couldn't load the documents for hours.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for sharing your experience and sending in feedback.

We're sorry to hear that you encountered issues with your documenation.

Our team is investigating and all platform users should expect documents to be automated, efficient, and smooth moving forward.

Samantha Holmes

It was used for my on boarding as a new hire and was intuitive right away

Reviewed 2018-07-11

Pros
It was great I could perform most of the tasks from my phone. It was also very intuitive right away and did not require any instructions to figure out.

Cons
That I could not see what the required tasks were from my phone even if I could not perform them it would have been nice to see what that was about. A con is this form has minimum amount and seems buggy with the word count reverting to 0 regardless of it containing text.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for sharing your insights with us.

We have great news regarding your mobile experience. We have improved our mobile experience by optimizing it and you should no longer encounter this issue.

Rinara Reh

Overall easy to use

Reviewed 2019-10-16

Pros
Easy to use. I did not need to watch intro videos to be able to use it.

Cons
I wanted to skip the "about" entry and complete the rest, then come back to finish it later. That wasn't an option.

Amy Rich

A great onboarding experience so far

Reviewed 2019-06-12

Pros
As a new employee, one of the things I found most valuable was the Company tab that listed a lot of information about the company, its timeline, and its milestones. I've used other onboarding software that's just a checklist with some links, but this is the first one I've used where I get a sense of the company from a story told by the software.

Cons
There's some rendering problem with the org chart view (Firefox as the browser) that doesn't let me scroll within the browser frame, so it's impossible to see people when it exceeds the width of height of the window.

Geeta Bajaj

excellent experience

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2018-11-07

I was using it for hiring purpose and easy way plus time saver

Pros
I dont need to take so many print outs and fax it to them or email them easy way to fill information

Cons
little hard to do signature part because of little less space I guess

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you sharing your experience with how Sapling has helped improved your internal processes.

We hope that as you continue using Sapling, we help you refocus from people admin to people strategy.

Easy Onboarding

Reviewed 2018-10-29

Pros
Made it very easy to get started with my new role - clear onboarding instructions, details about the company, and notifications on tax documents and identification I had to bring.

Cons
The mobile interface wasn't as easy to use -- I started the docs in Mobile and ended up switching back to my computer.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Congrats on the new role and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

We strive to ensure that all new hires have the information available to have a successful first day.

In regard to your mobile experience, this is feedback that was previously received and we improved our mobile experience by optimizing it.

First Time using sapling

Reviewed 2019-04-30

Pros
Super intuitive, easy to fill the spaces.

Cons
That I would like to save the information I am filling even though there are missing a flew questions that I preferred to fill later.

Nikin Patel

Amazing User Experience

Reviewed 2019-07-09

Excellent experience thus far.

Pros
The UX is really amazing and makes it quite easy for someone to dive in and walkthru onboarding

Cons
Maybe fast response via customer chat service.

Fangning Huang

Good system

Reviewed 2019-12-09

Good system overall.

Pros
Good system; Easy to navigate; User friendly.

Cons
it doesn't work very well via IE browser. I tried to upload my photo via IE browser, but it didn't work.

Alison Gresham

Modern & Easy

Reviewed 2019-05-14

Pros
Very easy to use. Modern aesthetic. Intuitive. Easy onboarding process for a new employee.

Cons
Not much to report. The only real feedback I have is that I got logged out in the middle of reading the employee handbook which caused some technical difficulty and I had to refill out some fields once logged back in. A prompt like "are you still there" or log-out warning would be helpful to prevent this from happening. Also, the org chart expands off-screen and you have to zoom very far out to see larger teams to where they are very tiny and hard to read.

Steven Ly

Pre-boarding Review

Reviewed 2019-04-19

Overall, I was pretty satisfied with Sapling, everything was pretty easy to use and the UI looked nice.

Pros
Sapling was intuitive to use. Everything was clearly displayed, and it was easy to navigate back and forth between steps.

Cons
During the document signing phase, there were some cases where the close button wouldn't operate correctly and I wouldn't be able to finish signing the rest of the forms. I resorted to refreshing the page, but it ended up erasing all of the info I had on the form signing page which made it so that I would have to fill in everything again.

Narsi Raghunath

Couchbase onboarding

Reviewed 2018-09-26

loved the tool. Would recommend

Pros
The process seemed light and too overbearing

Cons
Middle name can't be a required field. It took some time for me to figure the error in the form. browsing Org chart was difficult. I was not able to research a person and go one level up

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for this insightful feedback. We have released an update that improved our preboarding experience to ensure that it's intuitive and easy to navigate.

In regards to the org chart, we are working on improving this feature. I shared your feedback with our design team as these insights will help us improve.

Christian Paolo Llontop Becerra

Easy, Faster, Efficient

Reviewed 2019-04-03

Pros
Friendly software that will make easier the communication between you and your boss.

Cons
Everything is find and friendly, nothing to report

Angela Wong

Just used it for the first time to preboard a new company I just joined

Reviewed 2019-07-25

Pros
I just had my preboarding before my first day at a new job. Great to get an intro and history of the company that I am joining. Pretty easy to use and I like how I can access the directory before my first day. Overall, it's pretty good.

Cons
When I was filling out the i-9 and other HR related forms, I had previously filled out my address. I wish those can be translated to the forms that I was filling out so I didn't have to type the same information several times. It may take several seconds to load up some of the content.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Sheila Walker

Easy

Reviewed 2019-03-27

Pros
The software was easy to maneuver. Had no issues with locating what I needed.

Cons
No Cons for me, there was nothing that I did not like.

Angie Fung

Overall I like Sapling

Reviewed 2019-08-08

Pros
It is very user-friendly​. Clean layout within unnecessary design.

Cons
Seems to have reloading issue. Loading takes​ a bit too long.

Scott Nisbet

Sapling Review

Reviewed 2018-12-13

Pros
The simplicity! The layout is great and I would for sure recommend to other companies.

Cons
Nothing at all! It was all great!!!!!!

Jeah Clemente

New to Sapling

Reviewed 2019-07-09

Pros
- cool and innovative - lots of features

Cons
- not so intuitive actually - there are a lot of buttons, wish it were more streamlined

Caroline Morrow

I am a user for onboarding

Reviewed 2019-08-19

It was a breath of fresh air for onboarding

Pros
It was so easy to use and great User interface.

Cons
I was assigned some incorrect workflow tasks