Sapling Reviews

Sapling

Onboarding and HRIS platform for mid-sized companies

4.71/5 (230 reviews)

Elizabeth Todd

Easy Onboarding

Reviewed 2019-08-06

Pros
The straightforward onboarding process and step-by-step instructions.

Cons
There was nothing I didn't like about the software.

Aloysius Paredes

Overall Pretty Good

Reviewed 2019-05-31

Pros
Robust, easy to use interface, fast communication

Cons
Slow at times. Especially when filling out forms, there is a slow down.

Loren Ostler

Easy Onboarding

Reviewed 2019-06-17

Fast and easy.

Pros
Easy to use and it let upload an image of my own signature

Cons
The background search documents requires 7 years of past residency addresses, but only allows a handful of fields to complete. The instructions tell you to attach additional documentation for more addresses , but I was not able to attach anything.

Great format

Reviewed 2019-04-26

So far so good.

Pros
Ease of use and no system errors when setting up my account

Cons
I need more time using it to determine this

Vidyasagar Ram

Very intuitive to use

Reviewed 2018-07-12

Pros
Easy to understand the navigation Transitions are smooth between pages The layout of the content is good.

Cons
Unable to open pages in tabs Signs out frequently, i am inactive on the site but am still working on my laptop

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for your insights.

We are sorry to hear that you encountered a few issues. But we have some updates regarding these inquiries. As of now, you should no longer be experiencing log out issues. But we are always open to feedback to help us improve, so please feel free to share any additional feedback.

Anonymous

Solid for students learning economics

Reviewed 2019-08-30

Pros
It told me what I did wrong in my homework problems.

Cons
At times some of the graphs were difficult to adjust.

Easy to follow

Reviewed 2019-04-13

great!

Pros
Easy to follow, intuitive, simple, not overwhelming

Cons
I couldn't find the assignments that I ignored

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

shuki hasson

great design and functionality

Reviewed 2019-01-29

Pros
the design is great, it is modern and easy to follow. overall, the software is very intuitive and responsive, it is simple to get accustomed to and makes the pre-employment start process very welcoming. the team member's feature is great and helps give you a general idea of who you are going to be working with.

Cons
I am still not sure what further uses would be for Sapling as I get comfortable with my new position, but social features and events board can defiantly add to it

Fernando Sanchez

Sapling held my hand and guided me through the onboarding process.

Reviewed 2018-02-16

Pros
Simple, understandable, and gives me a good picture of the organization I am entering. Onboarding tasks were presented as an easy-to-follow checklist.

Cons
The onboarding task list does present all tasks at once, including those whose completion is required at some point in the future (say, first day tasks).

Response from Sapling Technologies

We appreciate the constructive feedback and are thrilled that we were able to provide a smooth, onboarding experience.

Congratulations on joining the Tempo Automation team. We're excited that we could play a small part in your success.

First time user on Sapling

Reviewed 2019-05-08

Pros
Simple to use and a slick user experience.

Cons
Nothing at this time. Maybe give me another week.

Blake M Rose

Simple. Clean. Useful.

Reviewed 2018-07-11

Pros
Keeping all my paperwork in one place, organization of on-boarding is critical to success. The software did a great job of keeping all my ducks in a row as I got up to speed.

Cons
Nothing at the moment. I don't have any real complaints at this point

Response from Sapling Technologies

Congrats on the new role and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are glad to hear that Sapling helpful in ensuring that you were able to complete all the moving parts prior to your start date and after.

Anonymous

Great experience using this software!!!

Reviewed 2019-03-06

Overall my experience has been amazing and I am glad that it was easy. No one likes filling out work but this was so quick and painless it was actually kind of fun.

Pros
I loved how easy it was to navigate. Usually signing contracts can be tricky but it was super efficient and simple the way it was laid out. The program made it so it one stop shopped everything.

Cons
I would have liked to know upfront how long it would take to complete so I could have set aside time instead of having to come back to it.

Anonymous

Best onboarding experience I've had yet

Reviewed 2018-12-13

Pros
1. The segmented approach to filling in forms make it very easy to complete forms 2. I like the prioritized approach to tasks with the clear red/green markers

Cons
1. The calendar doesn't clear delineate between tasks that I have and other events 2. The task window has too many things going on; assignee, workflow, completed by, etc. These feilds could be hidden in advanced area that would allow the user to focus on actual tasks.

First time user

Reviewed 2019-03-17

Pros
Onboarding with Sapling provided a customized, intuitive experience as a new employee. I liked having the flexibility to do it at my convenience, and the ease with which I could sign forms, upload photos, etc.

Cons
I had some issues with popups no closing, resulting in lost data that had to be re-entered. It's possible that this was a browser compatibility error, but in that case I'd appreciate being advised to use the most optimized browser at the start.

Kali Donovan

Clean, efficient onboarding

Reviewed 2019-06-06

Positive! Clean, simple onboarding. Would recommend.

Pros
Clean, modern UX with integrated form signing and a clear walkthrough of the onboarding process.

Cons
Inability to save partial form progress on a given page. My company onboarding was a mix of important questions like SSN and more whimsical (but still required) fields like "Dream vacation", which meant my indecision about the whimsical stuff prevented me from prefilling/saving the more required fields right off the bat.

Dima Feldman

Easy and straight-forward

Reviewed 2018-11-19

Pros
Ease of use, the onboarding process over Sapling was very pleasant. the app has a very elegant Material design.

Cons
The first screen of the onboarding process looks a bit weird on very wide screen (34"), the text should be narrowed down.

Response from Sapling Technologies

Hi Dima! We truly appreciate your insights. We are happy to hear that Sapling has been easy to use and that you enjoyed the user interface.

Thank you for letting us know about the issue you experienced with during your onboarding. I will share this information with our team.

Anonymous

takes time getting used to it

Reviewed 2018-11-26

Pros
helpful to have tasks organized by tabs, with overview of numbers

Cons
no confirmation about forms being complete

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

We are happy to hear that you find the platform helpful to ensure completion of tasks and other action items prior to your first day.

In regards to documents completion, once you complete the document you should see the status update from Incomplete to Complete. Please reach out if this is not the case to help@trysapling.com.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Deziree Chapman

Sapling on-boarding review / new hire

Reviewed 2019-05-07

A huge benefit to Sapling is that it's easy to use and gets all required documents processed with the on on-boarding employee, and they can do it at their own leisure, before the actual start day - saving the employer time and money.

Pros
It is self explanatory and user friendly

Cons
It could have been my computer, but I could not find a way to make several documents larger in order to read them well- the page and font was very small, for the longer documents. The documents to sign were large and easy to see.

Sapling

Reviewed 2019-01-14

Pros
Very intuitive and easy to use. I had no problems going through the process of pre-boarding.

Cons
Only complaint was that the text identifying the headers was grey on a background of white, making it hard to see where exactly the boxes to type were.

Robert Holland

Robert Holland - Eaze New Joiner

Reviewed 2019-03-26

Pros
The software was easy to use and guided me through the process quickly. It felt like I was able to complete the process quickly and already feel connected to the company. I especially liked that it didn't feel like an external platform to Eaze and showed me who I'd be working with.

Cons
I didn't like how the profile page mixed fun personal questions with serious private information. It was jarring and confusing.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Henry Lee

Onboarding

Reviewed 2018-09-25

Pros
Sapling was very intuitive and easy to navigate. Didn't have to think very much and could find what I was looking for.

Cons
My experience was very walled in so I really don't know much else about Sapling except for what I was using it for (onboarding).

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about Sapling with us. We are glad to hear that Sapling was a valuable resources as you went through your pre-boarding and onboarding. We hope it continues being a resource for you.

Rao Li

Straightforward but form filling is hard

Reviewed 2019-01-03

Pros
Straightforward for the most part, and I get to see my future coworker's faces before I start

Cons
No additional help given for tax forms, and some tax forms that require a worksheet don't have the worksheet lines fillable.

Hongbo Wang

about sapling

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2019-05-15

Pros
The software is very easy to use. The interface is concise

Cons
The software may need more features, but this is my first time to use the software, so I can not think of much to add.

Katherine Bell

Sapling has a very easy to use interface. Very functional.

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-07-18

Pros
Gives new hires a good first experience and interaction with the company. Great way to streamline new hire documents and introduce the team before the candidate arrives for their first day.

Cons
Does not play nice with other programs. We use a lot of different programs and it would be great if Sapling was more willing to share basic information with other programs.

Response from Sapling Technologies

We value you feedback and thank you for taking the time.

We are glad to hear that Sapling has helped you streamlined your employee experience. But we also want to address your inquiry regarding different programs. Sapling is always to looking to integrate with other platforms and expand our integrations. Some of our customer have been successful with Sapling's API. Please learn more here- https://help.saplingapp.io/it-and-other-admins/creating-api-key

Olga Konovalchuk

Very Efficient

Reviewed 2018-09-28

Pros
Really quick and easy to use, and they keep you posted

Cons
There is nothing that I didn’t t like about this software

Response from Sapling Technologies

Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying the user experience and hope that you continue doing so.