Humanity Reviews

4.32/5 (255 reviews)

Jeff Gibson

Works good - has a few issues which I have reported on several occasions but would require updates.

Reviewed 2017-05-05

Providers can see all of their schedules in one place - I do over a hundred. They can sync with some third party calendar programs and check on their smartphones. The software is not geared toward the healthcare industry, however. MD's work more than 1 position at a time. These should not conflict. Yet conflicts should show if they're mistakenly scheduled for a clinic at another location or for a meeting when they need to be in the clinic. This is a problem.

Pros
I have the flexibility to set the software up the way I need to for efficient scheduling. My schedules are complex and I am able to create 'workarounds' to better utilize the software.

Cons
I have a few issues: I have many providers (employees) that work more that 1 position simultaneously. It would be wonderful if you could selectively check or uncheck a box for each position to determine whether the position will show if it conflicts with another position. (But not globally turn off the conflicting feature for all conflicts). If an employee covers 2 positions simultaneously, it shows as a conflict. It would be nice if there was a `work around for this. If you could select/deselect a box to designate whether you want a position to show a conflict, this would be great. That way, some positions that are covered by an employee working another position would not show as a conflict every time. For example, There are a few positions that staff are assigned to that they do in addition to their main assigned position - e.g. someone working MCH Attending will also cover the OB Dept. This is done on a rotation/alternating basis but changes often. Whenever a provider is working MCH Attending and also covering OB Backup, I have to adjust the time of the OB coverage so that a conflict does not show up. If I didn't, I would have twenty or more conflicts each month and, as you know, once you get in the habit of ignoring conflicts, you then ignore the one that is a `real conflict and a problem results. The conflict feature is great, yet is sometimes a pain because I have to create 'workarounds' which are less than desirable.

Richard Ordway

Make Today's date a stronger yellow color

Reviewed 2017-04-15

When my staff or I am tired, we confuse this week with next week because the yellow color marking today's date is too weak a yellow color. Today's date needs to be a stronger yellow color so we notice it. I took a master's course in human factors in design from a current NTSB investigator. The course stressed that schedules, etc must take human factors into consideration. However, otherwise, Shiftplanning is a great tool. Just please stop your employees with egos from constantly changing Shiftplanning to look more "elegant." That is stupid management at the top. Confusing icons without visible descriptions have been added as well compared to the original version.

Pros
1) Power to add future schedules by using current ones. 2) Photo check in and photo check out feature. 3) Automatic emailing and messaging to employees of next shift. 4) Calculating out wages.

Cons
1) Too weak yellow color highlighting today's date in Shiftplanning window. 2) Increasingly confusing unmarked and nearly hidden icons and features icons placed all over the screen. Stop with all this increasing "elegance" to make it look more elegant. Makes it harder and harder to use. 3) High cost for a small business. 4) The Humanity phone app does more harm than good as it is designed now. Doesn't work. makes you waste valuable time, frustrating, buttons don't work, etc.

Geneviève Bouchard

Good app but

Reviewed 2019-01-29

Pros
From a IT standpoint, Humanity is good scheduling app. It has a few issues from time to time, for overall satisfied with the application.

Cons
However, their service client is horrible. We have been with Humanity over 5 years now. And we so unsatisfied with the service that we looking at our options. They literally take you for granted as a customer and never get back to you. You have to run after them constantly and hope to get an answer. When they promise to get back to you, they don’t or tell you they sent you an email, which you of course never received. For example, we had a new request regarding a service that they advised on their app (payroll integration). When we went forward with the change, they never got back to us. After multiple follow-ups on our end, they tell us our request is ‘’not a priority for them’’ - for a service THEY advertise. When we complained, they told us they would be getting back to us the following week. That was Nov 2018. We are Jan 2019, and I have let you receive a proper follow-up even after my multiple attempts. The app is not worth the service. I would recommend another one.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Geneviève,
We apologize for your experience. We believe every customer interaction should be treated equally. Each one is an opportunity to learn how we can improve their daily work life and our services. We are currently in contact with Employeur D, and are working with them to provide a solution. We will update you as soon as we can. Your time is valuable. The feedback you've provided is invaluable. Thank you.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Geeta Sharma

Employee Recording and Timelines analysis

Reviewed 2019-07-29

We would like Humanity to also capture when the particular system is not in use. So if their is no activity on the computer/laptop the user is performing Humanity should automatically go on break

Pros
We had problem in our time to identify the amount of break taken by them and at what time. with Humanity we are getting the report that give us clear picture Also Humanity has very good option where we can tag people as per region so we know as how many people are logged from which region at given time zone

Cons
Inability to track system in-activity and GEO Fencing for different Regions in world

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Geeta,

Thank you for the review!

We're glad Humanity was able to help track break time for you and give a regional perspective of who's logged on.

As we improve our app, we update our blog with announcements. Check out www.humanity.com/blog for the latest Platform Updates and Product News.

Grateful,

The Humanity Team

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Anonymous

Humanity is simple and easy to use, though it does lack several features that similar products offer

Reviewed 2018-05-09

Pros
I like that it is simple and easy to use and that the app functions very similarly to the desktop version.

Cons
In it's simplicity, it lacks several features that other products like Bamboo HR offer. Compensation and employment history would be a great feature. It also is not integrated with a payment system like Bamboo is. It would be nice to have my paystub sent through the same software that I use to log in and out of everyday. The other thing is that you can not edit your vacation request once it has been submitted. If the dates change you have to delete your request and resubmit.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hello, thank you for your feedback! The services our application offers and the improvements we bring on the regular basis are more focused on scheduling. But because we know how important HR services are to our clients, we offer integration with Bamboo HR (you can read more about the integration here: https://bit.ly/2wGyYY1).

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Mike Malsed

Not really developed from a manager's point of view

Reviewed 2017-04-27

I've been managing for over 25 years. Some things are common to all of us - such as needing notifications regarding not only shifts needing coverage, but who is picking up those shifts. Another example is the interface that managers look at first: not the personnel listing (that's an HR function) but rather a position view - or better, a visual view that is uncluttered and able to be made default. We need to see various things - such as what shifts are uncovered, what shifts are irregular (might normally be Jane, but John is covering it today), etc. Unfortunately, Humanity does not do these things, and even though I've asked for them, I have not gotten any positive feedback for them. Some of them I've been told that they are not possible. Humanity/Shiftplanning is the best platform I've found, commercially. I WISH that it did the things I need. I know these things CAN be done (we'd used a custom solution for years) but I wish that Shiftplanning would do them. It seems that Humanity wants to be an HR platform and not a true management tool for managers.

Pros
inexpensive, well sited

Cons
It does not come from a management perspective, but rather from an HR one. Alerts are lacking. Shift management display (as a manager, my primary (over 90%) display) is clunky and quite often uninformative.

Roger Jimenez

Has Great Potential

Reviewed 2018-11-26

Overall Humanity is a decent enough software that has a few issues to be worked out like any other software. It's a very good tool for employers who have very large numbers of employees.

Pros
This software is used by Loft 310 in the entertainment district where I worked with executive chef . I liked the ability to check and confirm shifts while being able to keep track of my hours

Cons
What I don't like about this app is that there are some functions like messaging co workers, you cannot do. You have to log into the website. If they were able to combine all functions through the app itself, I would have no complaints

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Roger,
Thank you for the feedback! We are currently working on upgrading our existing features and maintaining the high standards we have established while taking into consideration users' suggestions. For in-app communication, we'd like to highlight the messaging option available in the app dashboard (please see more here: https://helpdesk.humanity.com/articles/knowledge/Message-Inbox).

Allan Delmare

Somewhat buggy, less than intuitive UI, poor report performance

Reviewed 2015-12-23

We used Shiftplanning for a little over a year, and we found the system to be somewhat counter-intuitive when constructing schedules. It took us over 2 days of concentrated efforts to set up our scheduling system in a way that worked for us (compared to the 20 minutes it took us to do the same through WheniWork). The most frustrating thing was the reports: if you wanted a simple summary of employees hours, it produced this massive report that couldn't be reformatted, and didn't fit when trying to print on legal paper (good luck with trying to print on an even smaller sheet of 8.5/11). We had many issues with the app-based terminals as well - there were quirky limitations that wouldn't allow people to log in from the terminal even after saving it to an IP address (we have a static IP address at the office network). It also "forgot" the authorizations for the terminal, and it was rare that things "just worked"

Pros
Pricing is pretty good. But when compared to other services, you're getting what you pay for.

Cons
User interface is more complicated than it needs to be, and when setting up a complicated shift schedule for multiple locations and positions at those locations, it took a lot of work to organize it in a way that worked how we wanted it to. Buggy apps / iPad terminals Frustrating reports. Difficult to print.

Fernando Jose Tomas de Freitas

Humanity Review of April 2017

Reviewed 2017-04-17

Missing very important features related payroll integration, system response time above 200 employees really a nightmare (at the moment it's a major issue for us, probably leading us to search for a new package), etc.

Pros

Cons
Response time Payroll integration

Aldo Pigni

Bugs and non-existent customer support

Reviewed 2017-04-28

My company has been using this app for three years now - we reported repeatedly a few malfunctions and they never came back with anything more than "Thanks we will work on it" and the nothing happens. Problems range from sms not working to wrong break management. We keep using it just because it's not a mission critical app and it's cheap, but when we find some time we will look for a better one.

Pros
cheap, SaaS

Cons
NO customer service, no evolution in the functionalities in three years

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Kyra Gibson

Overall it has been a great user friendly experience, however not a fan of the recent price increase

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-09-06

Pros
I love that you can start and stop the service, as we are a seasonal business. I enjoy the easy to use features like copying a schedule, pictures of employees and being able to upload a whole list of employees at once. I love the easy reporting systems for quick reference. The customer service is great, and I love the chat feature.

Cons
The price per person is outrageous and you can find comparable products on the market for less. I would not pay that, but I am locked in at a lower rate. I wish you could disable multiple employees at once. It would be great if they would develop a flat rate monthly fee for seasonal business such as firework stands, corn mazes, Christmas tree farms etc. I know lots of people looking for something like that.

Renee Warzon

Started good but went downhill

Reviewed 2017-04-18

I feel like when we started with Shift Planner, the program worked great, the customer service was great. But then they changed the pricing on me, and then some of the features stopped working. We are considering other programs as I feel the customer service has been sub-par.

Pros
Text notifications on shifts

Cons
Release feature stopped working and is taking forever to be fixed.

Nicki Pierce

The software is mostly easy to use - ONCE you figure out how to make it work best for your company.

Reviewed 2017-08-10

Remote timeclock feature.

Pros
We have several different time clock locations and this makes using the timeclock and scheduling feature easy for us.

Cons
No batch printing option for timesheets. Our payroll provider isn't a Humanity partner so payroll is time consuming for us. Also, we have been using this software for 8 months and are still trying to figure out which features work best for us. Having an in-person onboarding/set-up would have made a world of difference.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Samantha Figley

Functionality is Poor

Reviewed 2018-04-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The layout of humanity is very simple. There are multiple reports you can pull to verify time entries.

Cons
The steps you have to go through to fix an employees time is ridiculous. You have to click multiple boxes each time you fix an individual employees time.

Manny Johnson

Does the Job

Reviewed 2018-12-04

Pros
It is what it is... shift planning. Nothing more, nothing less. It's notification features are robust as it includes email and text reminders, which is a plus if the shifts vary often for each person.

Cons
Feels like we have to get another software for a specific need... I'm the kind that prefer to have less software doing more work so less places for me to go to.

Lisa Agnew

Okay

Reviewed 2018-04-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Its pretty simple to use. Downloadable mobile app for your phone that helps people remember to clock in and out.

Cons
It often crashes and will not allow the mobile app to connect to the server defeating the purpose of the pro, mobile app.

Ryan Cooper

Some missing features

Reviewed 2017-04-18

I like Shiftplanning/Humanity (what is it called today?) but there are still some crucial features missing; i.e., the ability to edit PTO requests before approving, better vacation summaries in individual profiles, and the ability to group staffers by team rather than alphabetically. I would like to see more customization. Scheduling software should not be a one-size-fits-all. I have asked for some of these features for years, only to be promised they'd "be put on the roadmap," yet I have never seen anything like this come to fruition. For what it does, it's fine - but could be so much better and easier to use.

Pros
Relatively easy to use. Like the ability to set SMS or email notifications of schedule changes.

Cons
Clunky in places; can be slow; doesn't allow for basic Vacation editing before approval. You have to reject an entire request to modify a Vacation rather than edit. It's frustrating.

Rachel Adams

Humanity review

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-12-23

Helps ease scheduling of a very large group of people however it makes things a little more complicated than need to be and find that software like Amion seem more valuable

Pros
Has an Android and apple app which makes it easy to log in

Cons
Seems to make things more complicated than need to be

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Rachel,
Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to build flexible solutions, and healthcare organizations with their particular needs are critical to us. Managing staff in different locations, with different roles and skill sets, requires robust features, and we understand how some of them might seem complicated. That is why we created resources you might find useful on our Helpdesk page (https://helpdesk.humanity.com). Our support team is also available 24/7 via chat on our homepage or app dashboard. Of course, we will continue working on making the experience more intuitive and seamless.

India Owens, MSN, RN, CEN,NE-BC,FAEN

Application for Medical scheduling limited.

Used weekly for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-04

Pros
This application is easy to understand and to use. The front end process of loading participants is time consuming but easy to do. The ability of team members to access their schedules in one web based app is appealing and the application seems secure from both internal and external threats.

Cons
The app is useful for straightforward scheduling but complex-overlapping shifts or coverage by the same entity in more than one role is not well supported. You could create a workaround by assigning pseudonyms for secondary roles but there are probably better suited applications of you need this level of complexity

Deveraux Williams

It gets the job done

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-12-24

Pros
I like the ability to use single sign on for the product

Cons
Had a hard time dealing with customer support from time to time on getting certain things done

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Deveraux,
Thank you for your feedback, and we apologize for any inconveniences you might have had. Exceptional customer support is one of our core values, and we pride ourselves on the 95% customer satisfaction rate and 65-second average response time. Unfortunately, delays are sometimes inevitable, and we will continue working on improving our responsiveness and efficiency.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Jason Hail

Proven Reliable

Reviewed 2014-08-14

Our company has used ShiftPlanning since 2012. When we started using their service we had several unique requirements of their software. Our scheduling staff reached out to the ShiftPlanning professional with pleasing results. They were able to shape our dashboard into a fluid site that met all of our requirements. We always received swift and dependable actions. These changes were always followed up with a confirmation call or email to ensure what we had requested had been completed. I would refer these great resources to any organization, new or established, that is looking for an option to their current scheduling abilities.

C.Tolga GOKBERK

ADR Review

Reviewed 2017-04-15

1. Need to correct Local Timing for TURKEY as UTC + 03:00 (Many Times Requested but no ability to solve.) 2. Main Settings such as Leave Date Limitation might be set-up for each employee's 3. Leave Settings (Limiations, Leave Types, etc ) might be privatised by ADMIN up-to total working time, Gender, etc with creating rules by Admin in Settings TAB. 4.Leave Report export obtion should be added for PDF or XLS or etc types. 5. Easy integration with SMS Servers such as Twilio, etc providers should be added in ADMIN settings as easy set-up option.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Robert Porter

software is not value priced

Reviewed 2016-05-19

software shift planning is okay. has a habit of shifting the opposite start or end shift if you change the other start or end time or will change the date . employee shift trading seems to be not user friendly my staff as issues with it. a company shouldnt have to do training on something that should be user friendly. as soon as I find another program that is more user friendly i will be leaving. their pricing is a little high.

Rachel Adams

Average software

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-08-06

Pros
The software is easy to use and gives updates directly to your email

Cons
Currently using another shift planning software that I enjoy better simply because I'm more used/comfortable with it than Humanity

John Regan

Thanks Humanity

Reviewed 2017-04-14

Thanks Humanity. I don't think the mobile app quite offers everything that the browser does but it's getting better. The majority of my young staff only uses a phone so an app where you can perform everything is very important to them. I hear this frequently.