Humanity Reviews

4.32/5 (255 reviews)

Roy Kuraoka

Low-Hassle Shift-Planning

Reviewed 2019-04-26

Overall, Humanity is an effective way to organize employee scheduling. It is extremely easy to pick up and use, and it allows employees to have a greater freedom over their shifts through the ability to trade. Although this process is complicated at first, it definitely gets easier as you use it. The reminders are useful, and help with timeliness for shifts.

Pros
My favorite thing about Humanity is that it is incredibly easy to view and handle shifts without actually having to talk to a boss in-person. This streamlines this process, saving time for both supervisors and employees. Additionally, it has a simple and intuitive user interface and I was able to pick up most of the features without any in-depth training within several weeks. I also like that it automatically reminds you that you have a shift coming up a day before and an hour before the shift starts, thus making sure that employees are less likely to miss or be late to shifts.

Cons
The process of trading shifts is difficult, and especially difficult on the mobile app. Additionally, configuring availability hours takes a long time, however this only needs to be done once, unless availability changes regularly. The mobile app is also hard to navigate, as some of the icons can get confusing, however you won't need to do much more than clock in and out using the app - the rest can be done easily on a computer.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Roy,
We're glad Humanity has been so useful to your team. We're always striving to upgrade both desktop and mobile app user experience, so thank you for acknowledging our efforts and providing suggestions for improvement. If you have any specific proposals, you can send them to reviews@humanity.com, and for any difficulties you might experience, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team via Live Chat.

Kevin Ogden

Time Saver

Reviewed 2018-12-18

I manage a work study staff of 30+ students at a small college. Their work study job is not their first priority so availability, priorities, and their schedules are always changing. It's really nice to have a software to manage much of the administrative side of things. I upload the availability, spend an initial investment creating the schedule. If I have done my job correctly things pretty much run themselves throughout the rest of the semester.

Pros
Ease of updating availability for employees. Clearly seeing how many people can cover what shift. Ability for employees to drop, add, or trade shifts without me micro managing. Creating multiple classification of jobs to organize the different roles in the work place. Reporting makes it easy to submit to payroll.

Cons
The billing is a bit confusing. They bill based off of per user per month. With breaks and a rotating staff I often end up challenging the original bill I get. Customer service has always been good and responds quickly and makes changes.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hello, Kevin,
Thank you for the extensive review! In such a dynamic work environment, we're glad our app can provide peace of mind with managing different roles and availabilities. As for our billing process, it is set up by default to accommodate the majority of organizations, but, of course, as you have been able to tell yourself, we are always open for discussion in such specific cases such as your own. Our support team is available to you 24/7 via Live Chat on our homepage or app dashboard.

Easy Shift Planning and Scheduling

Reviewed 2019-04-10

I enjoy using Humanity. It makes scheduling and planning very simple due to their great user interface. I can quickly check any upcoming shifts, and plan accordingly. I would recommend this shift planning service to anyone who needs one.

Pros
Humanity is a very easy to use program. To start off, the time availability function is very useful in scheduling. I was able to go day-by-day and show my hours of availability. This assures that you will not get scheduled on times you are not available. Humanity also has a great layout that is simple and easy to use. It shows your upcoming shifts for the next Week, Two Weeks, and Month depending on your selection. It is a great way to visualize upcoming shifts. Lastly, the shift trading function is invaluable. You can either drop a shift, which means that another employee has the option to pick it up, or trade. When you trade, Humanity automatically swaps your shifts. It is very easy to use and has great functionality.

Cons
One of my only qualms with Humanity is logging in. Often during log-in, it requires me to input my password a second or third time. I have a long password so this can get very infuriating at times when I know I input my password correctly. Other than than, Humanity has been a great program for me to use.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi,
Thank you for the extensive review. We work hard to make the interface user-friendly, so managing schedules is straightforward and seamless for the entire team. It's great to hear we succeeded in making shift scheduling more comfortable and enjoyable for you. We checked with our Product team about the login incidents you described, and we need more details to help you resolve the issue, so please contact our Support team via Live Chat or support@humanity.com.

Joseph Greaney

Employee Scheduling Software For Cloud Based

Reviewed 2018-08-19

Overall it does the minimum we need it to as far as recording our employees time clock but the setup is too difficult for our admins and can provide misleading information.

Pros
Clean layout and organized GUI, Cloud based time clock. You can view your work schedule and request time off and view in real-time who is clocked in or running late. Cool that it reminds you of employees birthdays to bring in the cake and ice cream

Cons
Some settings are displaying incorrect info. From what I understand it doesn't record accrue sick leave and paid vacation is saying 50 hours. It maybe a setting the Admin missed but as a user I'm provided false info. Also, this could be our mistake but lunch breaks doesn't work properly, we manually clock out and in, but we need to be in accordance to the state law of minimum 30 minutes.

Seth Whalen

Overall, it has served us well for scheduling daily staff and providing them the details.

Reviewed 2018-04-17

Saving time in scheduling and repetitive details. Also, being able to send our clients the schedule via a PDF has been great!

Pros
Love the fact that we do not need to email details for each repeating shift. And since the software is based on one's availability, you can book, ideally, based on that info.

Cons
That it does not have a "request a booking" feature. You can only book staff through the software based on their availability which cannot always be trusted.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi Seth! Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad to hear that our app helps you with your business.

At the moment, we have Open Shifts that employees can pick up when they are available. We appreciate your suggestion, and we have forwarded it to our Product team. We'd love to hear if you have more ideas or feature requests! If you do, please visit our Community portal (Read more about it here: https://bit.ly/2mn8aog).

Mark Wilson

Features & Services

Reviewed 2019-03-23

Pros
The ease of access for the different features. Also, the information is displayed in a user-friendly manner.

Cons
Additional features could be provided along with the option to customize your dashboard so it can feel unique to each user.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Mark,
Thank you for the feedback and suggestion. We'd love to hear more about the specific features you believe would be valuable to our users, so if you like, you can send us your suggestions at reviews@humanity.com. In the meantime, you can explore our current options to help you personalize your account. Find more information on our Help Desk page: https://helpcenter.humanity.com/getting-started-guides/module-overviews/dashboard-overview. We redesigned some of the Dashboard widgets as well: https://helpcenter.humanity.com/getting-started-guides/dashboard-widgets/new-dashboard-widgets. You can also reach out to our Support team via Live Chat for any questions.

Anonymous

Overall decent but lacks robust tools for WFM

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-08-01

Pros
the UI is simple and clean with appealing and customizable colors, etc. user profiles are also clean & tidy without completely superfluous fields. they have a payroll estimate tool which we never used but i'm sure it's handy. adding or deleting shifts is very straightforward though at times, buggy. customizable views and filters make it easy to gain info at a glance - either week views or month views. there's all the basics like shift trades, clocking in & out, grabbing open shifts, setting recurring schedules, etc. reporting capabilities are again all the basics but not the most robust.

Cons
as our team grew we were very much in need of a forecasting feature to compare staffing the expected volume (call center environment). we started adding part-time team members who only worked 1-2 hours at a time or on completely varying schedules... executing this week over week was incredibly manual. only after we had already signed with a new company did humanity release a new feature that answered half this equation, which visually showed how many were on hour by hour (still very basic even when it was released). humanity just wasn't moving fast enough to meet our needs. CSM was very hands-off and when we did have calls with him they were very curt. (it's more of a self-service model)

Anonymous

Humanity is great for corporations with a high volume of employees.

Reviewed 2018-05-30

Easy access and clear communication when inquiring about my schedule

Pros
This shift planning software allows the employees to schedule and update shifts with ease without having to be in constant back and forth with the supervisor. As an employee, I can view what shifts are available months in advance and mark my unavailabilities so that Humanity marks those shifts as blocked. The greatest features include a message wall where supervisors may send employees mass messages as well as the feature to view who is on what shifts, even if they are on different calls than you.

Cons
The one thing that could be reevaluated would be the notification system. If Humanity were to send notifications when new shifts become available, as well as text message reminders/updates instead of email reminders getting lost in the inbox. Currently, employees must check the available shifts daily to find any new available shifts.

Rebecca Adae

Humanity.com review

Reviewed 2017-04-20

It's better than the older Shiftplanning, particularly the functionality of the mobile app, but otherwise still quite clunky. It would be a better product for me if it could register in a report all employee shift releases so as to track how often which employees are doing this. It would also be best if it could integrate with Team Dynamics, an ITSM product we have adopted for the Computer Services Department at the State University of New York at New Paltz. The lack of integration may be a deal breaker during the coming academic year (Fall 2017 - Spring 2018).

Pros
It's inexpensive and the mobile apps makes shift changes and reminders much more convenient.

Cons
Clunky. Customer support is inconsistent. Usually I have to wait several hours for a call back or chat response.

Jessica Harvey

Overall good software

Reviewed 2017-04-17

Humanity is good software for scheduling and providing a central location for staff to view their schedule and submit leave requests. Since we joined, a few new features have helped us out such as the partial time off requests, etc. I have a few issues with the software, such as when a staff member leaves, it is a very manual process to remove them from future shifts. I have yet to find a good way of doing this and end up going through the next 6 months manually. As for vacation, our staff accrue time off, and this feature is not supported, therefore our time off requests are very manual too. I see how this is good for companies who are constantly changing staff and shifts, however for us, we use a lot of workarounds as our schedule is pretty set. It would be good to be able to add shift patterns to staff availability.

Pros
The ease of use for staff members is great.

Cons
Not having the option for accrued time off. It is tedious to remove staff from future schedules when someone leaves the organization. There is not the ability to add staff to a set "shift pattern".

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Ashlee Cervantes

Humanity is a terrific value!

Reviewed 2017-04-14

Overall Humanity offers the best "bang for your buck". I've researched all the competition and they far exceed others in the market. There is still room for improved and enhanced functionality, I have hope they will dominate in the next few years.

Pros
Ease of use and functionality. The staff is pretty responsive and there are a good amount of online resources. The app works flawlessly and the desktop version is very intuitive and user friendly. Complete control for updating user preferences and passwords is a great feature!

Cons
There is still room for improvement. For example, employee time cards are difficult to use - it would be great if there were a multi step process where employees and supervisors can approve timesheets. Similarly, the vacation time tracking is a nightmare.

Michael White

I have used this product for some time now and finds it ease of use outstanding

Reviewed 2018-01-10

Pros
The ability to navigate and adjust changes on the fly through the mobile platform. The alert set up for employees.

Cons
Anytime there is an update to the system, I find errors on my current layout. The need for a time clock punch system that doesn't require individual sign in to the system.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi Michael, thank you for your feedback! We are sorry for the inconvenience caused by updates and we would like to know more about these errors. Can you please contact our support team at support@humanity.com and they will be more than happy to help you with this issue?

We fully understand that some of our customers prefer clocking in without having to sign in. That's why many of our clients also use Humanity Station - You can read more about the Station here: https://bit.ly/2hOheCZ

Josh Arnold

Good for Shifts

Reviewed 2018-10-15

I've used Humanity (Shiftplanning) just for clocking-in and clocking-out each day. It's not very easy to edit mistaken entries, and even more difficult to figure out what the icons mean, and what effect they'll have on my time entries. This is pretty important to have right, since this is how I (and presumably anyone who uses this software) gets paid.

Pros
I like the app (Humanity 01) usability and ease to clock-in and clock-out.

Cons
The software in general is cumbersome and a bit confusing. There are two apps, and the old version seems to work better for my needs. The new app seems to be specific to those who have different "shifts" each day. This seems great for those who need that option, but takes the simplicity away.

Anonymous

Great tool, somewhat hard to navigate

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Pros
It allows me to see my colleague's schedules and record time off, etc. It was re-designed a few months ago and is now more visually pleasing.

Cons
The tool doesn't offer "everything" - we were in need of a more robust tool to track PTO requests and HR documentation, so we eventually transitioned to a different software.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hello, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it! We are sorry to hear to hear you are no longer using our app. Our clients mainly use our features for the top-quality employee scheduling, time tracking, vacation management and payroll. While our software makes the job easier for many HR representatives, we are predominantly focusing on employee scheduling needs of our clients.

Kendra Strode

Good for traditional schedules, difficult for educational schedules

Reviewed 2017-04-18

I work with Humanity (mwahahah!) to schedule 50-60 students at our two helpdesk locations. Our schedule matches our academic classes so our shifts often start at 5 and 10 minutes after the hour. Currently you can only schedule in 15-minute increments which means approving timesheets is a NIGHTMARE! Generally Humanity lets us do what we absolutely need to do - it is pretty intuitive for our techs, allows them to manage their own shift trades, we can reproduce repeating schedules, and assign tasks to shifts - all at a reasonable price point so it's a decent value. But the support for trying to suggest the smaller time increments has been a bit... scattered, including techs linking to an unrelated feature request (not my already-submitted year-old request) to show me how to submit a feature request. Hopefully the idea will get traction (it's been suggested with some regularity since 2013) and will get fixed (our client support coordinator seems to be advocating for us now which is awesome). In the meantime hopefully these notes provide context for the ratings provided above!

Pros
It is online, location restrictable, works well across multiple disparate sites, allows tasks to be assigned to shifts, and allows techs to take ownership of their shift management.

Cons
OH MY GOSH PLEASE GIVE US SMALLER TIME INCREMENTS FOR SCHEDULING FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GOOD IN THE WORLD!!! (Seriously fixing this one problem would solve about forty bajillion other problems I'm dealing with in Humanity at the moment)

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Nathaniel Cady

The easier way to manage shifts

Reviewed 2019-01-08

Overall humanity helped to organize employees, create a simpler way to communicate, and remove the burden of shift planning.

Pros
Humanity makes it easier for companies to manage their employees shifts, have employees clock in and out. Employees can also mark them selves for leave and communicate with others in an easy to use way that makes working that much easier.

Cons
Overall I enjoyed using Humanity at my previous workplace, but there were a few annoying things like when the organization tried to "double book" an employee on purpose (for instance if the employee was managing two areas).

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Nathaniel,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. Making employee management more straightforward and intuitive is our primary goal, while also striving for a balanced approach that provides more agency to the employees. We would appreciate it if you would send us more details about the "double book" issue you mentioned at reviews@humanity.com. Thank you in advance.

Mauro Alejandro Jimenez Medina

The camera bug on Humanity

Reviewed 2019-03-26

Pros
The Shiftplanning view is the most powerful feature for productivity for reviewing your schedule and shifts at work.

Cons
There is a bug with the dashboard view and the photo snapshot for the shift acknowledge that most of the time crash on the internet version of the app. The solution for this bug that I have found to work is to clean the cache (sometimes work) or click the dashboard tab for reloading the page (sometimes work too).

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi, Mauro Alejandro,
Thank you for bringing our attention to the issue you've been experiencing. Our Product team tested it and found that everything functions properly on our end. In case anything similar occurs, please reach out to our Support team via Live Chat so we can get more details about the issue and help you resolve it.

David MacLean

IFAP Humanity Review

Reviewed 2017-04-18

IFAP has been using the system for several years, now. It has been excallent for our 40+ staff to edit their availability, check out the shifts they are rostered on for and make changes themselves. The smart phone app is very handy

Pros
It is quick, easy and convenient. I like how I can see who else is available for a shift in one click.

Cons
I still feel it should be pushing updates through the app, not relying on e-mail. Relying on notifications through e-mail is not the greatest and it still won't sens SMS because we are in Australia

Humanity Review

Reviewed 2019-01-06

Overall I would recommend this software for a small to a mid size organization. It is functional, however there are much better products available....for a price.

Pros
Humanity is a good tool for scheduling and managing human capital. One of the best features is the ability to look at all of an employees data in one place.

Cons
some of the reporting functions are complicated and the filters do not always allow you to view exactly what you are trying to.

Response from Humanity (Shiftplanning)

Hi,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to flag out the difficulties you've had. Please feel free to explore the Reports Overview on our Helpdesk page (https://helpdesk.humanity.com/articles/knowledge/Reports-Overview); for additional questions, you can always contact us via 24/7 Live Chat on our homepage or app dashboard. Regarding the pricing, we would like to point out that we have kept the same subscription packages even though we are continually upgrading our services and launching new features.

Christian Ridings

Managers Review after using Humanity for about a year

Reviewed 2017-04-17

Overall it's been great. I would like to see improvements to the scheduling software. Specifically, I want to schedule exact times instead of 15 min increments. I would also like to be able to utilize the notification software outside of the shift reminders to send all my staff emails or texts with a specific message. Outside of these 2 things I am very happy with the performance of your software.

Pros
Simple & easy to use.

Cons
Schedule in only 15 min increments. I need to schedule exact times.

jim giffhorn

WE have multiple crews on different job sites so this software helps us to keep track them

Reviewed 2017-06-20

Without this software we would probably have to use a large table and a map with 20 figurines to track up to 6 crews working on jobs all over the country. Each day (or sometimes hour) when I get a call asking for a date to change or the project scope to increase or decrease we would have to dump the table over and start again.

Pros
Visually it is very clear and easy to read. It is also very reliable and we have had no problems. Thanks

Cons
It's definitely set up more for shift work than multiple job coverage. I'm not sure if we will be able to use this if we continue to grow our number of crews

Geoff Lapp

"Oh, The Humanity!" :0D

Reviewed 2017-04-17

Our retail food business has saved much scheduling time and effort since adopting the Humanity platform in 2016. Not to mention the fact that our team has benefited greatly in communicating with one another through Humanity. These things considered, I would recommend the Humanity platform for any business in the market to upgrade their team's scheduling and communication practices. Thank you, Humanity Team!

Pros
Scheduling and Communication capabilities

Cons
Not able to easily "track" employees (eg. sickness, FMLA absence, performance failures - unexcused absence from work, no shows, tardiness, etc.)

Michelle Franzen

Good Scheduling Program

Reviewed 2018-07-10

Pros
Good program for companies where employees set their own schedules. Has message boards and notices section. Very comprehensive. Allows employees the ability to swap schedules and request vacation time.

Cons
Not as beneficial to companies that set the schedules for their employees. No way to put notes on the scheduled dates.

Brian Ayala

My experience is the web version works fantastic. The mobile version needs a lot of work.

Reviewed 2017-10-11

Ease of use.

Pros
Ease of use. Reports are seamless and easy to use. Clock management works fantastic. The time clock feature helps everything work well together.

Cons
The mobile app needs work. It is very difficult to use the mobile app. I would like Humanity to make this a priority.

Sara NM

Humanity is great for keeping track of your time sheet.

Reviewed 2018-04-17
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Humanity allows you to view multiple weeks at a time. You can also clock in or out for a shift remotely by accessing your location.

Cons
It is difficult to edit or revise your time clock via Humanity. It has also wiped the time sheet in the past.