SmartJobBoard Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.43/10

See full reviews by rating

DD

Daryle D.

There are plenty of job board software prooducts out there. But what makes SJB difference is not just the product that they keep improving, but the super after care that they offer.

SG

Shan G.

rm

rachel m.

No back button when editing which fields I want to make mandatory.

CL

Calli L.

Not enough reporting features. No ability to edit all pages i.e. the access denied pages.

BP

Bryan P.

AB

Amber B.

SmartJobBoard users...

How would you rate SmartJobBoard?

All in one solution

Pros

Loved that this product was all-inclusive. No need for additional products other than a domain name and email. I set up Stripe for payments, filled out the details, and could move on to sales and service within a day.

Cons

The price is far more than a blog or Wordpress plug-in. The deciding factor is whether your job board will be profitable enough to justify the costs. I've taken the chance and am enjoying the time saved on maintenance so far to focus on running my business.

Better Job Platform Than Most and Always Improving

Most importantly: Job seekers visiting our site powered by SmartJobBoard.com consistently tell us they like how easy it is to navigate and perform searches. We tried several other solutions prior to implementing SmartJobBoard and found this optino to be the simplest to get up and running with easy to use admin and posting tools. SmartJobBoard is available at various price points which has...

Pros

Our team is tech proficient enough to be dangerous and perhaps high maintenance at times. Support team is super responsive and patient with our inquiries.

Cons

Lacks function to create job templates - each post is created from scratch via browser or can be uploaded via CSV/Excel file.

Was Fantastic before changing business model

After spending time, energy and a lot of money to customize the software our market, we had to start from scratch which also cost time and money.

Pros

I had previously given this software 5 stars (2016). At that time you could purchase the software, host on your own server, have complete control to customize or even pay them for customization. We even received regular updates to the software (very reasonable fees). However, they stopped supporting that product and forced users to use their SaaS model where everything is hosted on their site with their limited customizations.

Cons

The part about not being able to download the software to use as you need. You cannot customize more than the limitations they offer. I am sure this is fine if you just want something easy and do not intend to grow. I had used their software and paid to improve it for three years and they change business models.

Thanks for your feedback, Peter! We understand that having the self-hosted software copy with ability to customize it may seem like a preferable solution sometimes. However, we've found that the hosted (SaaS) option eventually provides much more value to job board owners and users. And the user engagement data we collect from our customers confirms that. Our mission at Smartjobboard is to provide...

Fantastic Job Board

Overall rating; 5/5 I highly recommend it to anyone. It's not exactly cheap, but it's more cost-effective than their other competitor (Job Board.IO) and will save you money, time, and headaches if you're using crappy Wordpress plugins.

Pros

Hands down their support, specifically Will - this guy has been amazing with helping us get everything set up effectively. It's a very easy software to navigate, and they have different themes that can be used. We had to hire a developer to help heavily customize the job board through CSS/JS to fit our branding, but this is totally optional. We're a recruitment company and postings from employers...

Cons

I do have a few things, but these are mainly requests, not cons: 1. Sign in with Google - most employers use this option because they forget their password, so it would be great to have this feature implemented, and hopefully soon. 2. Actually being able to see, create, and vote on feature requests from other users. 3. A Zapier integration, but I believe this is in the works as I write this.

Fantastic job board software!

The experience with this product has been absolutely fantastic. I loved it from the moment I set it up and revolutionized the way we were able to connect our students with internship opportunities. Tech support is awesome and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team constantly looks to improve the product. If you are looking for easy to use job board software with a great team supporting it, this is it!

Pros

This is a very easy to use and set up job board that is graphically pleasing and very user friendly. My students can easily use it to search for posted positions and apply to them. My companies can easily post jobs for my students to find. Unlike other software we use, I rarely get any issues or problems--once you launch it runs itself with little upkeep!

Cons

I honestly love MySmartJobBoard and the team behind the product. They are very open to feedback and any complaints or requests I have about the product they consider and often include in future updates. The only negative that I can think of is you are limited in adding custom fields to a job post so if you wanted to add some custom drop-downs or something you are somewhat limited, but it doesnt detract from the effectiveness at all.

We were #1 job board, 14 days after launch!

We did an extensive search to identify the various alternatives to establish a jobs platform. This process included reaching out to CTO’s around the country to independently gauge opinion on the options (quality, price, ease of use). This due diligence led us to select Smartjobboard solution to establish JobsInOrtho. We launched JobsInOrtho on November 2, 2020 and within 14 days we were the #1 Orthopaedic...

Pros

Great value for the price. It's easy to utilize, it's easy to post jobs, it's easy to find jobs. We were able to aggregate all of the jobs onto a single platform using this technology. Job seekers and employers both love the simplicity and functionality of the platform.

Cons

Nothing. We liked everything! Our users are also loving it.

Overall a great fit!

Overall, we had a great experience with SmartJobBoard.

Pros

Overall we enjoyed our experience with SmartJobBoard. The process of inputting job listings was pretty straightforward and although limited, the customization options for adjusting the look of the website to match our branding was more than sufficient. It was very straightforward to import job postings via a CSV file. Our users appreciated being able to set up job alerts as well!

Cons

Overall we didn't have many dislikes about the software. Ultimately, we decided to shift our strategy and discontinue this offering, but we likely would have continued using it.

SmartJobBoard is an excellent choice

Pros

Easy Rollout, hosted solution. Just add a domain name and off you go.

Cons

At the time, the basic plan was limited to 100 job postings. I believe this number has since changed higher.

Best Bang for Your Buck

Overall, I'm super happy with SmartJobBoard. It really gets the job done and when we run into bumps, the customer service has been great. THe SJB team is responsive and also just kind.

Pros

This software helped us to enhance the ease-of-use of our job board for both staff and users. The templates are easy to use and fairly customizable. And, there are a number of great bells and whistles to boot. The best part is that it's priced reasonably.

Cons

I would like to see better reporting functionality, and a bit more ability to make changes on the admin side.

A great value for small businesses.

Pros

This is a very easy platform to administer and to use. The options are great and the value is tremendous. Plus, I've received great customer service with short response times.

Cons

It could be just a touch more flexible, but that could be solved by hosting on your own server. Plus, the design team is great about helping find ways to solve problems.

Great Job Board Solution

We run the HLPA - Hispanic / Latino Professionals Association, large association of over 275,000 members and needed a Job Board solution for our website www.HLPA.com We researched several Job Board services and software programs and ended up purchasing SmartJobBoard after several other services and software programs could not meet our needs or where inadequate. The program has been easy to customize and we would definitely recommend it to others.

Pros

Great platform to start with and is easily customized.

Cons

Will have not run into any problems to report.

Hi Rick, Thanks for choosing out platform! You have an awesome website.

Amazing after care

there are plenty of job board software prooducts out there. But what makes SJB difference is not just the product that they keep improving, but the super after care that they offer. The are dedicated to make the clients aspirations come true. Accidentally deleted a few templates that caused my site to crash but when i realised and pointed that out to them, the fixed it within 15 min. It was 10:30 at night there time... Kudos to SJB team.

Using SmartJobBoard for several years

Pros

Easy to use, looks great, works very well. We have used a number of different platforms and this is by far the best.

Cons

In the latest version there are fewer advanced employer features. Does not have a robust Applicant Tracking function, however it would be excellent for most users.

Best jobs board software

having used other jobs board software i was really pleased to find my smart jobs board. This is great for start ups - being very cost effective and allowing you to upgrade your functions as your business grows. The customer support you receive is amazing and the best I have ever experienced with any provider. Its easy to use for both admin and recruiters.

Pros

cost customer support ease of use

Cons

could have more options for banners etc JobG8 should be available on all options

Exceptional

Pros

The ease of use , exceptional Customer support and matured product. i have researched the market before settling for smartjobboard platform and found it to be the most reliable so far

Cons

Not being able to access the server where our system is deployed. with limited room for customization and integration of other services (eg. i couldn't integrate onesignal to my job portal )

I am very impressed with what you have created and continue to improve

I was concerned about customer service. That is very important to me as I am not a techie I also thought that it might not be as functional as I needed it to be. After reviewing many job board software capabilities, I selected Smartjobboard based on its easy to use interface. It makes posting jobs and viewing jobs very easy.

Pros

Easy to use interface Makes posting jobs and viewing jobs very easy Constantly seeking to improve the product Price is just fantastic for what we get. It's a tremendous value Experience with the team there has been exceptional

Cons

Any additional SEO help is also appreciated as well.

Great Product and Customer Service

Great design, easy to use, continued improvements. After spending countless hours a day, for weeks, searching, I could not find another product offering that came close. The scalable option has allowed me to get visibility while continuing to improve my model and solicit quality partnerships with industry leading companies. I've received countless compliments on its appearance, made possible by an incredibly easy interface.

Pros

Ease of use, high quality, sensible pricing

Cons

Haven't found anything yet.

Good white label product.

Easily launch a job board for our community without having to build one ourselves. It's a niche little SAAS product for our needs.

Pros

Customisation (fields etc, front end) and external integrations (APIs, Indeed etc) . The administration and backend is intuitive and it is easy to use.

Cons

Better integration with LinkedIn. Log in only records the Job Seekers email. Integration with a CRM such as HubSpot.

Overall it is good and much better than our original software. Matches our themes

Pros

Customer service has been very good assisting us with specific coding for our site regarding 3rd party posters

Cons

No back button when editing which fields I want to make mandatory. It takes a long time to each time go back and forth and individually uncheck each box when I want to fix one thing on an employer's profile

Proceed with caution

Huge problem on tech support and feature development. Tech team lacks basic understanding and messes with your custom features when they want.

Pros

Its a basic job board but delivers on its promise

Cons

With the Tech team based out of India its is a real mess. The tech team has no idea what they are doing. Huge liability as menu items and features get changes mysteriously with only the tech-support having full access.

SmartJobBoard is not for shoestring budgets

The software was too much job board to learn and too much money for our purposes.

Pros

The software is slick and produces a professional looking job board for your site. You can list up to 10.000 jobs on the basic program.

Cons

The software is pricey and not for people who are looking to post a few jobs on their site. This is for someone who wants to start a job board business. It is unclear when one would be profitable because the software is expensive.

To date we are very happy with SmartJobBoards

Very quick and simple to implement

Pros

Very clean and easy to use. The layouts to choose from look very professional and are easy to modify/customize.

Cons

To date we have not landed any new clients. I am not sure how to improve our internet ranking with google or Bing.

Great job board

Smart Job board was a great software to use. It allowed me to manage my trades job boards pretty easily without much programming knowledge. There were very few spots where i couldnt figure out how to work the software and id have to contact support. This would be my only cause for concern. There would be times where i would ask a question and it would be a few days before i would receive a response. Other than that small issue I think the software is great for those who want a simple yet strong job board software option.

Cons

Doesn't stand out but not any worse than any other job board

It fits the need.

Pros

It has all the key features you need (searching, filters, "easy apply") but nothing above and beyond.

Cons

The resume auto-fill option isn't any worse that any other option but it's not great. They never are.

Great Product for first time job site builders

I have found this product to be very useful, and I'm thankful for everything so far. It's easy to use and best of all you get a lot for not a lot of money. I would like to see more features and just an update to options for overall appearances. But thanks for making it easy on a first time site builder. We appreciate you.

Pros

Cons

I just don't like the options for the way the site looks. Limited fonts and color schemes. Limited overall page view sett up.