Spark Hire Reviews - Page 2

SS

Scott S.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Spark Hire has been an amazing addition to our hiring process to truly filter and find the motivated

What is great about using Spark Hire is that it is so seamless and easy to use. You can jump in and review 15 candidates in less than 30 minutes and get a feel for how these people communicate. One of the biggest things when hiring people is getting below the surface and understanding the 80% of who they are. Its called the iceberg affect. When you interview in person you are only usually getting...

Pros

Cons

The one thing that I would say is to make it easier to Rate a candidate overall not just from video to video. I know this is an option but making it easier to find would be helpful.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

We love Spark Hire!

I am extremely happy with the Spark Hire product.

Pros

Working in HR for a large organization with multiple locations makes it difficult at times to coordinate the interview process. But instead of me providing my feedback, I'd like to share some of the comments I have received from various departments in our organization regarding the Spark Hire video interviewing platform. "I thought the process was pretty revealing actually. As the viewer it was...

Cons

Again, I'd like to share feedback I have received from hiring managers. Keep in mind some of these may just be viewer/reviewer error. "A good candidate might get screened out if they are not as tech savvy as other candidates. That might be fine for a tech job but not a relevant for others." "What I didn’t like was the review options within Spark. It was essentially a STAR ranking system with comments. Once submitted, you cannot go back and make edits." "I wish the view of all the videos showed me some kind of summary of how I ranked each person (and even the comments I wrote)."

JM

Julia M.

Civil Engineering, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great time saver

This has alleviated a lot of stress of our graduate recruitment campaign, really adding value in the processes of differentiating one applicant from another based on their pre recorded responses, great for high volumes. This is an easy product to use and the backend support if fabulous, very very happy with the experience we have had.

Pros

This product is great for junior level positions and senior roles. We use it for bulk recruitment and specialised positions and the functional meets the needs of both types of recruitment. The personalised support is also very good with Spark Hire our support person is also available and up for any question we through at them.

Cons

Initially when we started using panel interviews was not a function but I understand that is now available. Don't have a heap of negatives as it really does the job we need it to.

Hi Julia, Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that our platform has been helpful in alleviating the stress of your graduate recruitment campaign and has added value in differentiating one applicant from another. Happy hiring!

Management Consulting, self-employed

Spark Hire Makes Hiring More Efficient

Pros

Spark Hire is the "new normal" for hiring, helping to make the hiring process more efficient while still maintaining a personal touch. It allows you to set up either one-way or two way interviews with potential candidates, allowing great screening prior to final in-person interviews. It is ideal for all sizes of companies and for most (if not all) positions. I like that the questions can be customized,...

Cons

Up to this point, I have not found any "cons" that would prevent me from using or recommending the product. I guess one "con" would be getting potential candidates to actually get over their reticence about doing a video interview, but honestly if they refuse then they are generally not the type of candidates that my clients would be looking for.

Artem V.

1,001-5,000 employees

Manager, Inside Sales

We are trying to accomplish a few different things with Spark Hire. First and foremost, we want to widen our candidate pool. The positions where we use Spark Hire usually have 100+ applicants. Typically we would bring in only 5 of those candidates to interview in-person, but by using Spark Hire's one-way interview feature, we can widen our net and video interview up to 20 candidates. Many times we end up hiring someone who would not have gotten an in-person interview had we only selected the top 5 candidates.

Pros

Sparkhire is a good platform for video interviewing. Whether you're using it for one position or multiple positions, it can handle the job. It's user interfaces are intuitive and the functionality allows us to do many things. In fact we don't even take advantage of all the software is able to do. The one-way interview feature is by fare what we use the most often. It allows us to interview more people to begin with. The set up of the interviews is easy and the feature that lets you record video intros to any question you send is very nice as well.

Cons

The pricing for this software is different. You pay based on the number of jobs you want to use it for at the same time. Since our hiring goes in cycles, many times we only need it for one job, but sometimes we need it for up to 5 jobs. We end up paying for 5 jobs all throughout the year since that is the max number we might need, but we only use it for 1 job much of the year. There are some little features that could be improved, and we'd love for Spark Hire to tie into our current application system (it does some but not ours), but overall we like the product.

Christopher B.

Aviation & Aerospace, 201-500 employees

A Very Useful Product

A Flight Controller interview takes up the time of anywhere between 2-6 of NASA's mission-critical personnel. Before using this software we would schedule interviews based solely on resumes and pre-screens, which cannot give you enough information. While this does add a step, it helps immensely with our ability to submit qualified candidates.

Pros

It is amazing to be able to judge a person communication skills before taking up upper managements time in a lengthy interview. We mainly use this software for Flight Controllers at NASA's Mission Control Center. Interviewing with a camera, especially for the first time, can be stressful. This is something Flight Controllers must be able to handle and adapt to. While a person can have an amazing resume, it doesn't truly represent the candidate's communication skills.

Cons

The only issue I have is having to ask the candidate to upload their own resume. I would like to be able to add a resume to a video so management has easy access.

DK

Daniel K.

Pharmaceuticals, 10,001+ employees

Spark Hire Review

Overall very positive. Was very easy to use and having individual links for candidates video interviews was life changing.

Pros

Fantastic functions and ease of use. Able to set up video interviews for candidates with ease. Being able to generate individual links to provide to hiring managers was great.

Cons

If anything, potentially being able to have more active templates for more roles would have been great. Unsure if there were functionalities to include pre-recorded video interviews from hiring managers for candidates.

Hi Daniel, Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that our interview sharing features have been helpful in increasing collaboration in your hiring process and that you have found our platform easy to use! Thanks again for sharing your experience!

OE

Oscar E.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Spark Hire is Vital to Saving you time in the Hiring Process

This is a very well thought out and developed product. The management team does a great job of following up with you and making sure that you have all of the tools to make this tool a vital part of your hiring process. I highly recommend this software and guarantee that it will save your team time and money both going through the interview process as well as employee turnover.

Pros

-Very User-Friendly and clean interface -The video interview tool is very complete and easy to use for both user and admin -Takes time away from doing a complete phone screen -Very customizable to show off your brand -Has a built-in scheduling tool that helps with the candidate booking a time (if approved) to interview with you -Amazing Customer Service and support that walk you through the entire set up process -A dedicated Account Manager that follows up regularly -Built-in interview questions that allow for a thorough screening process

Cons

-There are occasional blips that cause the video interview not to save (very rare, but happens) -Getting the candidates used to this kind of "phone screen" /pre-interview process takes a bit, but Spark Hire provide pointers to help mitigate any confusion

BW

Beth W.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Great value for video interviewing!

Pros

When we were reviewing video interview platforms, I was surprised by how much fluctuation in price there was. Some of the other vendors had a few more "bells & whistles", but they were, for the most part, unnecessary - and the price they were charging was significantly higher than Spark Hire. We've used Spark Hire for 2 years now, and they have certainly met our needs for a video interview platform, and at a great price! They also integrate with several ATS platforms, which is convenient. The support team is very responsive and helpful, and my account rep is fantastic.

Cons

The only thing I wish I could add is an option to save a filter, so I can always start on the page with just my interviews, or just active jobs/open interviews. Other than that, I can't think of any "cons".

Michelle S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Making my life easier!

My overall experience has been great. They've helped us be more efficient. I even asked them if they integrated with our ATS provider. They didn't at the time, but they made it happen for us. I can't say enough. Love, love, love the product!

Pros

I love Spark Hire! I can't say enough about it and recommend it to all my HR colleagues. It's so easy to use and it integrates directly into our ATS. Candidates automatically get the invite to take the interview and our hiring managers can set aside time in advance to review the interviews. It is a time saver! I've used HireVue in the past and Spark Hire works just as seamlessly and the pricing is much more digestable.

Cons

I wish it was even more integrated with our ATS than it is. It would be great if the videos actually sat within the person's application instead of having to leave the ATS to view them and then go back to change the candidate disposition.

Jillian H.

Facilities Services, 201-500 employees

Spark Hire is the best thing we have done for our in-house recruiting efforts

We no longer waste time phone-screening candidates. Every resume we receive is acknowledged with a request to complete spark hire. The completion rate is around 23% but with the number of applicants we have, 23% is more than enough.

Pros

Spark Hire is seriously THE BEST thing we've done for our in house recruiting efforts. It has allowed us to dramatically increase the number of candidates we are able to thoroughly screen while simultaneously reducing the time and money associated with doing so. Since adding Spark Hire in December, we've increased our candidate review rate by +24%. Cost per applicant has been reduced 9% and cost per hire is down 13%. On top of that, their customer service is incredible.

Cons

Very few negatives. Occasionally we've had bugs - which are quickly corrected. And we've come up with a few ideas that could improve ease of use but nothing that has dramatically impacted our overall experience.

Ryan W M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Spark Hire Review

I have used Spark Hire for nearly 3 years. They have been outstanding in everyway!

Pros

Spark Hire allows me to quickly and confidently review candidates as well as share with hiring managers. We don't spend time in interviews without having confidence that we will get ROI on the time spent.

Cons

N/A. I researched all of Spark Hire's competitors and I made the decision to use Spark Hire.

SG

Sherita G.

Management Consulting, 501-1,000 employees

SparkHire Review

Pros

I like the ease of using the software from both the end user and the administrator side.

Cons

the limitations we have on job slots...not the software's issue but due to budget, we are limited on how many open spots and how we market them. For example, if we have a role that is not only in one location for the posting, we have to select a location.

HK

Hripsime K.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Hripsime's review of Spark Hire

Pros

It helped my team to save time, effort and do more work than we did the previous years. It helped me to involve all the staff in the selection process. It saves all the recordings, and whenever we have any issue with any case, we can study that case thanks to the video recordings.

Cons

I can't share any now. I think I just adore Spark Hire.

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that our platform has saved you time while increasing team collaboration. Happy hiring!

Staffing and Recruiting, 201-500 employees

User friendly and easy to use!

Pros

You can use spark hire for a video screening for canidates. I love the simplicity of spark hire. Screening candidates has never been this easy. You will be able to see the gesture of the candidates while they are answering as if it was a face to face interview. Good thing about it, is that you'll able to disguish those who are really interested and motivated.

Cons

Not that much negative to say! I think it will be best if they'll make it easy to access on mobile phones

KF

Kelly F.

Fund-Raising, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Sparkhire - We don't hire anyone without it!

Our overall experience with Sparkhire has been awesome! We literally use this as our first line in our interview process. Some people won't even click on the link, or do but never complete it...it let's us know those are probably not individuals that would be a great fit for our company. Then those that do complete the Sparkhire, we're able to see them and evaluate from a high level if they'll be a good fit, prior to sitting down with them face to face! I wouldn't use anything else to do our hiring! It's been a huge life/time saver for us!

Pros

We use Sparkhire to interview EVERYONE of our employees. This is the first thing they have to do! It's incredibly easy to use and I love the format!

Cons

I wish it were user friendly from my phone. I find it difficult to use trying to flip from one question to the other on my phone.

Alexis Eva A.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

Disappointed by price

It was fine - but there were too many things that I didn't like for me to continue being a paid customer. I find another alternative

Pros

The video quality was very good, as is the candidate interface, and their customer service was attentive.

Cons

1) Trial period is too short and they charged me directly without asking me beforehand (I hate that!). I know I gave me C/C info but I feel that you should confirm the option with the client before charging. Even the customer service rep who was following up with me was surprised that I had been charged before we had even had our first call. 2) The candidate response time for the one-way interviewing was capped at 3 min. My questions require greater response time. 3) To increase the allotted time you have to upgrade to another pricepoint which was not what I wanted to do. 4) The number of ppl from my team who could access the interviews was limited.

VF

Vicki F.

Management Consulting, 11-50 employees

No More Scheduling Video Interviews

We have coached our candidates on the best practices to employ when utilizing SparkHire's self directed video application. This has saved us a huge amount of time, and our candidates love it because they can complete their interview on their own time.

Pros

In the past, when we wanted a video interview with a job candidate, we had to email back and forth to find a time that would work for both the interviewer and the interviewee. We are a recruiting firm and often schedule several interviews each week. Spark Hire is a self directed program that allows our job candidates to access the recording interview on their schedule and answer prewritten questions. We no longer have to worry about schedules.

Cons

Job candidates are a bit wary of the software, and not entirely sure how to use it. Without a "real person" on the other side of the camera, they can sometimes appear stiff or stilted, and they often have trouble allowing their personality to shine through.

Kelley M.

Facilities Services, 11-50 employees

Game Changer

We are a commercial cleaning company and need to constantly hire - previously this was a huge headache and time waste each week and many of the candidates would not show up at all or would not be good candidates for the position when they did. With Spark Hire we get to screen the candidates before spending the time to go and meet someone - we can see the quality of the candidate and know what to expect before meeting them in person. Additionally, we have found the no-show rate has dropped almost 100% because we find that those who are willing to go through our other steps, culminating in taking the time to film a video interview are typically better candidates overall and more committed to getting a job.

Pros

We LOVE Spark Hire for the amount of time and headache it has saved us. Being able to review candidate interviews at our convenience as well as see the candidates before determining whether or not to meet them in person is huge.

Cons

There's really not anything I dislike about the software - it meets all of my needs at this time.

CM

Carissa M.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Getting an idea about the candidates hassle-free!

Absolutely hassle-free!

Pros

Being able to set up a one-way video interview with the candidates is very helpful. Not only does it give us ideas about them, but by adding the right type of question with ease, we get to know their thoughts, what they are looking for the next move;

Cons

Maybe just a little bit of improvement on the interface.

Hi Carissa, Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear how easy to use you have found our platform and that Spark Hire has been helpful in learning more about your candidates. Happy hiring!

Hana L.

Translation and Localization, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Misleading Sales and Customer Service

We reached out to SparkHire when we were researching a product that would allow us to deploy a specific, custom assessment to our candidates. We communicated that the assessment would need to allow for both text and video modules, where applicants could respond both by typing text and recording a video. This was not possible and the sales people knew this. We have a long list of other items that were...

Pros

None, because the product was sold to us despite the fact that Spark Hire knew it would not fit our desired solution/use.

Cons

Very inflexible product. Customer service that is not empowered to help.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

Spark Hire is the Ultimate Choice for Interviewing Candidates Virtually

Pros

I prefer to screen the applicants through video conference calls before having them meet me in person. I can do this in the comforts of my own office and be able to select who will be called for the next round of interviews. I found Spark Hire Talent to be very user-friendly and helpful while I navigated through their site. I had to interview applicants from other countries and it was very convenient for me to set-up the call. After the process is done, I can rate the candidates and include my feedback which is viewable by the managers who want to interview them. The whole process was smooth.

Cons

The quality of the sound can get choppy at times which can be irritating if you’re in a middle of obtaining an answer from the applicant and she needs to repeat herself. Not sure if the connection is from my end or the applicant’s.

JE

Josh E.

Telecommunications,

A major improvement to our hiring process!

Pros

First off, the concept of a video interview platform is absolutely brilliant. Everything is intuitive and the platform has several flexible options for holding the video interview. We prefer the one-way interview because it allows us to get a glimpse of many different candidates for a position. I love that that Spark Hire is very proactive with their customer interactions, and even bumped us up to an upgraded plan so we can try out other features.

Cons

There have been a couple bugs in the interface here and there, but it has never impacted the full functionality and Spark Hire appears to resolve them quickly. To me, small bugs like that are a sign of a smart company that is always developing on their software platform to make it more functional to their customers.

SC

Stacy C.

Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great tool in this virtual recruiting environment

Pros

Easy to use as far as sending it out to candidates and able to filter to see accepted, completed, etc. I like that you can send the video to other interviewers. We have had positive feedback from candidates about the experience and ease of use.

Cons

I would like to be able to see when the invite was sent for the candidate to complete.

Hi Stacy, Thank you for your wonderful review! We are happy to hear how easy-to-use you and your candidates have found our platform. Happy hiring!

CE

Curt E.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Spark Hire Review

I would highly recommend Spark Hire to anyone trying to streamline your hiring and interview process, it's worth the investment.

Pros

The Spark Hire platform is very user friendly and creates a great share point with anyone involved in the hiring process along with the time savings recognized in the hiring process. It also allows you the ability to have several department applications available with different skill set questions for a particular role.

Cons

I do not have any negatives about the platform or software.

Hi Curt, Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear how user-friendly and time-saving our platform has been for you. Happy hiring!