Spark Hire Reviews - Page 3

DK

Dave K.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great for efficient first-round interviews

Pros

I like Spark Hire as a screening tool for first-round interviews. You can quickly find out if people are computer-literate, well-spoken, respond to deadlines, and get a quick gauge of their skills and background before going to the trouble to set up an interview that could be a waste of time for both parties. You get "live" audio/visual interaction with a candidate in seconds rather than spending many minutes or hours. You can then hit the ground running faster in your in-person interview with candidates that move to that step, because you've already gotten some of the basics out of the way in the Spark Hire interview.

Cons

I don't have any major drawbacks with this software. It's quite easy to use and sort through candidates quickly.

JT

JAMES T.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,001+ employees

Good Website

Problems solved easily Just do what you have to do.

Pros

Searching capabilities authorization notices. Well designed for anyone to use in any steps. Easier too.

Cons

No cons Just straight forward follow Queues along the way you be at ease for the duration of your online activities.

CJ

Connie J.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Love the Spark Hire Interview for my candidates!

With Spark Hire I can give my hiring managers a consistent interview to help them make their hiring decisions.

Pros

This is a quick, effective, dependable tool that I use daily in my recruitment process.

Cons

Spark Hire is integrated with our ATS and the function is very smooth. I really have no 'cons' at this time.

Hi Connie, Thank you for your awesome review! We are so happy to hear how dependable and effective you have found our platform. We love having you as a customer!

JS

Jeff S.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Its a valuable that we have used to help us get to the best candidates quicker.

Pros

I love how it helps screen candidates and allows us to quickly get a read on the people applying. The support has been really good as well. Rep has been very helpful in getting us what we need and giving good advice.

Cons

We have had very little issues. - So not much to say here.

BS

Bailey S.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Certainly Useful, but Not as Personal

Pros

Overall, this is a great and efficient app for HR to speed up the interview process. I can completely see why departments choose to use this system. The best part is simply the amount of applicants that can be reviewed in such a short amount of time. In the past, you were limited by time and resources, but this software gets rid of those issues. It is also helpful to be able to go back and review an interview again, which obviously isn't possible with an in person interview outside out notes.

Cons

The main negative I have with this is that it takes the personal interaction out of the initial interview process. Obviously, after initial screening, you would then move into phone or in person interviews, but you would just hate for someone to slip through the cracks because of an awkward video interview.

Denise M.

Spark Hire is fantastic

Video is the future and Spark Hire made it both easy and affordable for a small boutique recruitment firm to offer the tool to our candidates and clients.

Pros

Easy to use Customizable/Brandable Lots of training and available training info Super Quality Phone App for candidate use Affordable Great, great, great support People 18-50 were comfortable using the platform

Cons

We stopped using SparkHire because our clients did not find the value and weren't watching the candidate interviews. We found some candidates over 50 years old struggled with the technology and weren't comfortable taping themselves. It didn't help to "highlight" them as a candidate.

AC

Andrew C.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

so far, so good! It has been a much better experience, 100% better, than the last video provider.

Pros

I like that I can customize the experience for each candidate if needed. The flip side to that is I can slow standardized the experience for each candidate given the role I am using the service for.

Cons

The only can I have that is sometimes the candidate does not see the email as it will sometimes go to their junk mail file. now that is not the programs issue, but the candidate's email provider.

MM

Marquis M.

Food Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Spark Hire has great functionality and very responsible customer service

We were able to launch our new onboarding process and continues to be well received by the organization and our new hires.

Pros

I loved the fact that I could use Spark Hire for things beyond just video interviewing. Although is wasn't set up for the types of things I wanted to use it for, my customer success person Vince worked closely with me to help identify the best way for Spark Hire to meet the needs of my organization. The software is one of the reasons why our new onboarding process is seen as a success by our organization and new hires.

Cons

We had some difficulty early on conducting live video interviews through the software, but they fixed the issues. Also, they aren't quite set up to use the software the way we envisioned, outside of the interview process. However, in all fairness, it was just a creative idea we came up with and they supported us and continue to support us as we look to do new and different things.

JL

Julie L.

Apparel & Fashion, 501-1,000 employees

Outstanding Customer Service

We are a global organization that is starting to establish new parameters and procedures to better align our recruiting efforts and this tool allowed us to increase our speed and efficiency!

Pros

It’s so convenient and believe it’s THE recruiting Tool of this generation! It’s also very practical for a global organization like us!

Cons

That’s their is only one language of utilisation

TC

Tara C.

Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 employees

Excellent - I was hired in part due to my sparkhire interview!

Included many more candidates in my search process than would have progressed simply through resume submission; I also used the software as a candidate on the other side as part of my own hiring process! I felt very personally engaged with my subsequent employer from the outset!

Pros

Provides an easy snapshot intro to candidates off the page, and very easily accessible from mobile as well as desktop.

Cons

It doesn't have resumes attached to profiles for direct download which can be annoying when this is the first point of contact with a candidate I would like to move onwards in our interview process - would be great if their resume were automatically attached to the profile for greater ease of use!

JD

Jessica D.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Easy to Use

Pros

- Easy to use and integrates with our ATS. - Let's us rate interviews and track reason codes - Helps eliminate time recruiting by sending out pre-recorded links and selected questions

Cons

We have multiple accounts and the prices went up significantly.

Hi Jessica, We appreciate your wonderful review about your experience using Spark Hire's video interviewing! We're so happy to hear how helpful our platform has been in addressing your unique hiring needs. Please feel free to reach out to our customer success team to further discuss our updated pricing plans, perhaps we can find a solution that better suits your needs. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

TP

Taylor P.

Excellent service!!!

Pros

Ease of use of the platform. Very easy to understand and for candidates to submit their video interviews. Love it!

Cons

Sometimes does't work with flash player, especially on Macs. At times it is hard for candidates to submit their videos due to this issue.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Ideal Software for Your Video Conference Calls

Pros

Although this program was designed to interview applicants, I use it to interview my clients that can’t meet with me in person. I basically want to get a feel of their needs and preferences and I believe that body language is important. No need to worry about a complicated software. It’s quite straightforward and simple to use. The video and audio is clear and I can complete my video sessions in a timely manner. This software allows you to write notes about your clients so you can keep track about your conversations. I’m so glad I found this software online.

Cons

The price is quite steep and they charge by a number of people you talk to. I think they should just make a package for basic and unlimited calls so it won’t be too costly.

AH

Adam H.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Great Product - Streamlined our Process

Pros

The scheduler tool is cutting down our time to interviews by days, and we were able to fill a position 2 weeks faster than normal which helped us retain talent.

Cons

I wish there were more features available for adding private notes, as well as sharing notes. I also wish you could upload multiple document types per candidate versus having to combine them outside the software and then upload all together.

Hi Adam, Thank you for your awesome review! We are so happy to hear how time-saving our platform has been for you! Happy hiring!

Todd M.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Great recruitment tool

Ensures that our recruitment team is interviewing the right candidates.

Pros

Spark Hire really helps make our initial candidate screening uniform and cuts down on the hours recruiters need to spend interviewing candidates. Once the One-Way is viewed, it allows us to quickly know if we want to move onto a live interview.

Cons

No real cons. It does what I expect it to do.

LH

Laura H.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Best utilized by companies with a younger and/or more tech savvy hiring pool

The burden of phone interviews was nearly eliminated.

Pros

Spark Hire eliminates the need for scheduled phone interviews, which is excellent when you have a large number of candidates to sort through and a small hiring team. The software also lets you tag and comment on potential candidates. This allowed me to add my comments and feedback on individual applicants before shooting them up to my boss for the final determination.

Cons

Though our team found it easy to use, many of our older applicants who are less familiar with technology struggled to make the videos, or even to make videos that could be seen/heard easily. This ultimately prevented us from keeping the program permanently.

CM

Claudia M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

ACCES Employment Review

It's been a great experience. We are now looking at training so we can take advantage of all that the product offers.

Pros

The software is very easy to navigate, and we have not received any complaints from our clients

Cons

We don't have any complaints at this time, other that we wish it was a little less expensive since we are paying in Canadian dollars

Medical Practice, 501-1,000 employees

Game Changer

I can't imagine doing my job without it. It is so affordable, the customer service reps are awesome, and I have yet to have a candidate complain about their experience.

Pros

The one-way interview option has significantly cut back on the amount of time I spend interviewing a candidate. I now utilize this as my knockout session and it has saved me and the candidate a lot of time.

Cons

For a while there were some issues with it's integration with Adobe Flash. They have since resolved this.

RR

Ronald R.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Easy to use and customizable!

Easy to use whether on my iPhone or laptop to create and watch interviews!

Pros

The interview question library and ability to customize interviews!

Cons

I wish the recorded one-way interviews had a transcription service!

Hi Ronald, Thanks for your awesome review! We are happy to hear that you've found our platform easy to use and that you've enjoyed the ability to customize your interviews. Happy hiring!

BS

Brandon S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Spark Hire has been an extremely valuable tool for our hiring process

We utilize the online interviews once we've done a brief look at a resume and determined there is an initial fit for our position. We then send a link for the interview, and ask 5-8 questions which allow a one minute response for each from the applicant. We then review these responses and determine which applicants we want to move forward in the hiring process.

Pros

It's a great tool for getting initial interviews done to get a sense of applicants outside of just their resume. It streamlines the process so we can narrow down our candidates more thoroughly before spending more time on in person interviews.

Cons

There are a few quirks in the navigation, but overall pretty easy to use.

JD

Josh D.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Perfect for our International Hiring Needs!

Pros

The is an excellent and user-friendly software allowing us to schedule and manage our video interviews. The scoring system is great and helps us get the true thoughts of the whole interview team.

Cons

Technical difficulties don't come up that often, but when they do, they can be pretty impactful. We occasionally have applicants who aren't able to sign in without any obvious signs of user-error.

NT

Nate T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

User Friendly!

Love it! They answer questions from candidates, which is awesome!

Pros

I love how easy it is to move around the platform, set up videos and questions, create links and follow through one OneWay submissions

Cons

More customization would be awesome. After speaking to some Customer Service folks, it sounds like that is in the pipeline. Certain features are going to boost this platform, no doubt!

TD

Tiffany D.

Marketing and Advertising,

Great interview tool

Pros

It's very easy to use, share, and provide feedback. The mobile app works very well, too, and candidates love it. Customer service was excellent!

Cons

It's difficult to convince candidates how easy it is to use. The sort feature could be improved in terms of candidate name, job listing, etc.

DS

Danielle S.

Human Resources, 201-500 employees

Awesome Customer Service and Easy to use

Using SparkHire has allowed my Operations Team a faster way to get through 2nd interviews. Being able to tailor make the questions is great! My Representative is always super helpful! He always gets back with me in a timely manner, and has offered suggestions as well.

Pros

It’s so easy to use-it’s self explanatory.

Cons

Nothing to list in this section. Our Operations and Recruiting Team love it!

SD

Stacey D.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

SparkHire is a great value add for a video intro on a resume

Pros

We use it to help our candidates and consultants stand out from the rest of applicants and add a video introduction to their resume using SparkHire.

Cons

Sometimes candidates have a hard time downloading the flashware needed to get it to work on their computer. Also, overall audio quality is spotty at times.