Spark Hire Reviews - Page 4

BB

Brianna B.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

one way video interviews for the win!

love it

Pros

Easy to set up and customize. Having the one way video interviews as an extra screening layer frees up a ton of time for our recruitment team.

Cons

can feel a bit robotic and foreign at first but you can customize it to make it more personal which is a plus

RK

Randall K.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Works great!

We've used SpareHire in place of phone interviews, and it saves us a lot of time.

Pros

Easy to view the videos from anywhere quickly

Cons

Can't think of anything. This is a perfect product in my view.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great way to bring candidates and clients together!

Easy way to connect candidates and clients from different locations.

Pros

- Easy to use - Customizable to your company using the questions you want to use - Pre-made questions and templates - Phone app

Cons

The biggest con is not anything the company can do or change - but it is the difficulty that some candidates have in creating a quality video. ex: cannot use the app, too much light, too dark, poor video quality, sound cutting in and out. - Video quality was sometimes lacking - Expensive

BA

Bryson A.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Spark hire has really saved us time and money. We have become more efficient in our hiring process.

Pros

The one way video interviews are fantastic. I also really like the way the software walks the applicant through an unfamiliar process.

Cons

The back-end interface needs work. it is challenging to navigate to specific interviews and to manage a larger quantity of interviews.

AL

Ariel L.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great Addition to the Interviewing Process

Spark Hire has helped add an additional layer to our interview process to further vet candidates. I have enjoyed sharing the interview videos with hiring managers, it gives our team additional info and helps determine if they are a good fit prior to bringing them in for an interview.

Pros

Spark Hire allows our team to get a feel for the candidate prior to bringing them in for an interview and potentially saves a lot of time to vet a potential hire.

Cons

Set up is not super intuitive, it can be figured out but it was a little clunky at the beginning. Also, I would prefer if they shared set up instructions or best practices instead of having to watch videos on how to work with the software.

RL

Ramon L.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Spark Hire for Law Firm

Overall spark hire is great. We use it to initially identify how serious candidates are to the position. We determine this by if they do the interview in time, also the setting. Is the background messy or neat. And of course with the answers provided we can initially see if the candidate would be a good match

Pros

We are able to input questions that the candidates answer on video

Cons

It’s hard to dislike anything as it fits and meets all of our needs

Yasmin Y.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

What I like about Spark Hire

I had a wonderful user experience and me and my team enjoy working with it.

Pros

Spark Hire is easy to use, keeps you constantly updated and can easily be used on different devices.

Cons

I wish you have more options and features on mobile devices as they are very limited.

JF

Jasmine F.

Now, we can do more in less time.

Pros

-Ease of use for both the employer and the candidate -Offers great flexibility for both the employer and the candidate

Cons

-Not yet able to complete a live interview from a mobile device -Not sure if we can send a "not moving forward" email from the site

SP

Savannah P.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Spark Hire makes hiring easy!

Spark Hire has been a good fit for our company and has helped us find great staff!

Pros

I love the series of questions and videos and it has made it a lot easier for us to filter through all of our candidates to find the right staff members for our team.

Cons

It's a little bit hard to navigate in my opinion, I wish it was a little easier and maybe a little bit more simple. I also wish it made it easier on our candidates.

MR

Mark R.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Simple and effective

Outstanding site, perfect for our required usage.

Pros

Easy to read layout, and ability to edit very quickly.

Cons

Replaying video sometimes cause over play from a previous one, making it impossible to listen to responses.

PS

PJ S.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Amazing and transformational

Love Sparkhire it has changed our hiring process and we are winning in the talent department!

Pros

It is easy to use , it helps meet our hiring demands

Cons

n/a I cant think of anything to comment on here

LS

Larissa S.

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Wonderful Experience

Pros

I like the fact that the candidate has the opportunity to interview in the privacy of their own home

Cons

There is really nothing I don't like. Very easy to use

TE

Tugce E.

Public Policy, 10,001+ employees

Used other for less than 6 months

A must-to-have at these unprecedented times!

It increased efficiency in our work by being a great time saver and helped our overall productivity. I recommend it!

Pros

I like that Spark Hire makes the hiring processes relatively "normal" in the new times of COVID-19 that we live in (especially since it is convenient for all parties involved. In simple words, it is a very good platform for video interviewing and provides a variety of features depending on the needs of your company.

Cons

My experience with the software is rather limited, yet I have not had any problems so far.

NT

Nicholas T.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

helps us save time!

overall it helps standardize our recruiting efforts and open up time for our hiring managers

Pros

the ability to record and view interviews later on. Multiple people can see an interview without having to all schedule at the same time!

Cons

could be a little easier to set up interviews and an alerts screen in the dashboard

EH

Ericka H.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great Softward

Exceptional

Pros

Love how I can centralize my interviewing process with this tool.

Cons

N/A I don't have any issues with software

Hi Ericka, Thank you for sharing your experience using Spark Hire! We are happy to hear that you have had such a positive experience with our software. Happy hiring!

DB

Daniel B.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Awesome experience

I had a great experience using Spark Hire and in the future will definitely use again without question. The interview went smooth and well received.

Pros

I recently interviewed for a position using Spark Hire and was absolutely amazed by the simplicity and organized layout of the app. The features were great and the process was enjoyable.

Cons

I didn't experience any cons during my time with Spark.

AD

Annie D.

Building Materials, 5,001-10,000 employees

SparkHire is worth it!

great experience. My time is valuable and this saves me a ton of it.

Pros

Once SparkHire is set up, it is easy to use. Best part of this system is that it saves us time.

Cons

Set up is time consuming at first. But after that, it's a lot better.

Hi Annie, Thanks for your awesome review! We appreciate you sharing how easy-to-use and time-saving our platform has been for you. Thanks again for sharing your experience!

BG

Becky G.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Excellent source of help for professional hiring

Tremendously eased the interview and selection process to hire for positions in a growing practice. Thank you!

Pros

Recommended by hiring professional, was never disappointed. Helped tremendously to weed out individuals in the hiring process, very modern and customizable for each position posted. Exceptional customer care and attention.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about Spark Hire.

FH

Fred H.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Applicants are shy

Many applicants that seemed to have excellent potential didn't do the video interview. We began thinking that we were missing good hirs because they were shy so we have taken this stage out of our hiring process.

Pros

Works as advertised. It is great screening applicants in this format. We just meet with the ones that kill their 1 way video interview

Cons

No issues with the platform/ Everything worked as it should

MH

Mel H.

Telecommunications,

Spark Hire <3

Pros

I just began doing my own interviews this year, and Spark Hire has made the process so much more fun. It really gives me a chance to get to know someone before ever even meeting them. It saves me time, which I don't have a lot of, and effort. It just makes things so much easier!

Cons

There's really not much I don't like. Sometimes the video playback doesn't work, but that could very well be something on my end. Overall, it's a solid product.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Making my job easier & solving our recruiting problems.

Love it. It is making it possible for me to recruit in distant locations.

Pros

I love that it saves me the time I used to waste on phone screening. So many voicemails, and phone calls that didn't really address the issues I wanted to address.

Cons

Sometimes there is user error, and the software doesn't seem to be forgiving enough when there are audio/video issues.

EW

Evan W.

Used other for less than 6 months

Sparkhire is great for interviewing candidates

Pros

This application is extremely easy to use and the navigation is almost self explanatory. No background knowledge in computers is required to use this app and is great for interviews.

Cons

The downside to this application is that it does cost a fair amount per month. That being said, it limits smaller businesses and companies from adopting this app to their workflow.

BP

Ben P.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Better and faster applicant experience. It makes our process much easier.

Pros

Sometimes things come up that can impact the interview process. Spark hire makes it easy to make decisions and schedule at the most convenient times for both the applicant, and the interviewer.

Cons

The sorting and arranging features could be improved on to make this a smoother experience. Otherwise, the process is easy and user friendly.

MD

Meaza D.

Primary/Secondary Education, self-employed

Good Resource

Overall a cost-effective software and reduces time needed for selection.

Pros

Saves time and makes the selection process manageable. It also sends reminders to candidates who have not completed recording their video before the deadline which is a great feature.

Cons

Email messages can't be customized. It requires the user to create an additional message with instructions.

II

Ilina I.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Will be using again in the future!

Over all, the hiring managers loved that they can see a video of their candidates instead of just notes from a phone screen which was what we were using previously.

Pros

Made screening intern candidates a breeze! Saved me so much time off the phone.

Cons

Nothing I can think of, it was simple to use.