All categories

Sterling

Technology-enabled background check service

Sterling Reviews

Sharyn S.

Great program, using this is very helpful to the business field I am in and makes things move along fluidly.

Melissa B.

Carter A.

Richard K.

Whenever we need a client package set up, the feedback is always extremely slow and frustrating. Even when we express that we need it done quickly.

Heather L.

4.2

TENANT APPLICATIONS AND SCREENING

The low cost and ease of use makes this product perfect for our needs.

Pros

This work great for performing credit checks on rental applications. Work seamlessly and gives me results within 24 hours. Plus they only charge per check so easily billed out.

Cons

They seem to have a really long billing cycle so I often get a bill long after the check so have to cross check to make sure the proper person is being billed.

Robust background screening solution

Pros

I have used other background check services but this one is the most thorough. It can do a credit check very quickly. Doing a standard background check is typically quick unless the candidate has lived in several different states. For any background check platform, it will generally take a while for it to get through all the states so that's not atypical. I have had more success than not and I do like the way the reports are listed. It's very clear cut and concise.

Cons

On one occasion, I did have a background check take a long time for a candidate and it held up their employment. I'm not sure why it got stuck other than I was told the court was taking a long time releasing records but overall that was the only con I really encountered.

Sterling-Over all good but needs improvement.

I am not completely satisfied with some of the features provided by Sterling but this is the preferred vendor for some of our clients. It has room for improvements.

Pros

Sterling is an online platform which provides screening and investigation services. I have been using this software for almost 6 years now and it has become advanced as compared to its previous versions. However, there is still quite a lot room for improvement. In most of the cases, the turn-around time for criminal check is quick except for few county/state-wide checks. The package set up process...

Cons

Firstly, there is no intimation as soon as a consultant completes the background check link. They only send an email when the report is complete or they need supporting information/documentation. They should intimate us within 2 days if they are not able to get any response from the employer so that we can start following up with the employee for alternate numbers/documentation. This would expedite the process for everyone. Since there are other strong competitors in the market, they need to focus on the weaknesses in order to sustain in the market.

Easy Easy Easy!!!

Pros

Sterling is very easy to use, from the data entry point to finding your completed reports. You can choose your options for running just a background check or adding a motor vehicle report to it. There are also additional options like credit reports for employment purposes and many more. You can pick and choose what you need for each candidate. Turnaround time is generally pretty fast.

Cons

I do not like that I cannot add multiple peoples information at the same time when ordering the same check for more than one candidate.

Easy to use with quick result.

Having used this software gives us accurate and quick result necessary in making business decision.

Pros

This system is very user friendly. You just need a few clicks to complete your transaction. And the result is given to you if not today, you will get it tomorrow. They notify you if there will be delay in the result and will provide you estimated time to completion. I love the free webinars that they provide to their clients. This is something that is very valuable for us as part of their product features. Their customer support team are all great and very knowledgeable of the product.

Cons

Sterling works great under most circumstances.

Quick and helpful fulfillment of our diverse background screening process under low-to medium volumes.

Pros

I appreciate the convenience of the user interface. The technical team at Sterling is educated in the background process law and are able to set up packages containing background check components specifically designed to meet my clients' needs.

Cons

Sterling's process can get bogged down under high volume. There are times when my company processes 20 or more background checks per day. We've had some trouble with turn-around times under these situations.

Fine product with non-existent customer service.

Not great.

Pros

Easy to submit background checks. Also easy to find past ones.

Cons

If you have a problem or one is taking forever to come back, it is next to impossible to contact them. There is no customer service. I also get calls from sales agents trying to sell me Sterling One, when I already use it.

A pretty simple and quịck process

Everything was pretty straightforward from start to finish. Despite the many bad reviews I read on this company, my experience was great. I hope only customer service line is overseas and not those who handle my sensitive information.

Pros

Ease of use. Straightforward. Quick. No problems from start to finish.

Cons

Out of country customer service. Wish I was assured my sensitive information is only handled in this country

Sterling Backgrounds

Pros

Easy to navigate and friendly user. Receive notifications for statuses.

Cons

Too much data entry. Change of date results with no confirmation.

Background checks made easy!

Very positive!

Pros

It's so simple to use and the turnaround time is unreal.

Cons

The pages aren't the most user friendly but once yo learn how to navigate them it's fine.

Sterling is a dependable software.

I greatly recommend this software because it removes a great load in Onboarding Specialists' tasks. It gives us the opportunity to work on some other things which cannot be automated. There are some concerns in the background check results but it is very understandable because this is still a software programmed to do specific tasks. Its other features like electronic forms minimizes the use of papers and reports and analytics makes work faster. Great value for money.

Pros

This product is very easy to use and it makes our work in the HR-Onboarding team more efficiently. Its reports and analytics, electronic forms, and self-service portal are its fundamental features which both applicants and human resource professionals benefit greatly from.

Cons

Its room for improvement would be when it does the automated background checking with The Work Number, it is very sensitive to providing mismatch/issue in it. Basically, this is because it was how it was programmed. It was programmed to be very specific with the details to match. This is acceptable because, after all, this is still a program with limitations.

Pros

To submit a background check, it is very easy and intuitive. Just need name and email and they take care of the rest. They provide good communication to those that are getting the background check and the employer

Cons

We have had a few times where they say documents do not suffice when indeed they are sufficient and that has caused some frustration but otherwise they are very efficient in what they do.

Clear as day background check

Overall, a fast and easy experience. Would recommend

Pros

I was in the process of getting a new job and needed a background check. This software was offered as the preferred method. It was easy to do. I just had to fill out some of my own information and upload one scanned document and I was done. It was fast and simple.

Cons

The only con was that the software looks a little dated, like something out of the early 00's.

It works for basic needs

Sterling works for the basic needs that most of our clients need

Pros

Sterling links with our staffing software so it's easy for our recruiters to use and import to the candidates file.