Synap Reviews

Synap

Online learning & bitesize training platform for teams

Synap

Review Summary

Pros

We all sing the praises of this programme and the kind people behind it.

Henda S.

If I hear of the examination experiences that so many of the other universities had I am so lucky that I found this company.

Alex G.

Alex G.

Synap: the constant certainty in an uncertain strange world.

5.0

Set up an LMS for my EdTech company.

From the experience I've had so far with Synap, the team seem to have an in depth understanding of the difficulties and logistics of training and helping employees study for exams, with some pretty neat cognitive research behind it too. They set up an LMS for my edtech company in minutes and continue to work with and support us getting everything on there. I'm sure it'll continue being a key part of our business strategy going forward.

Pros

Just recently discovered Synap when looking to create an online learning platform for my company's user base and I was seriously impressed. It really is THE new platform to utilise for businesses looking to implement e-learning for their employees quickly and efficiently. Very intuitive software.

Cons

Can't fault the platform yet (been using for circa 6 months now)... let's hope it stays that way!

Extraordinarily helpful team

Excellent. First, Synap is helping my students to reinforce their knowledge of complex medical information. Traditionally, the most motivated university students have always formulated their own self-study test questions to improve their knowledge. However, although the bulk of students would be willing to use such question items, most of them would not have the time to formulate their own question...

Pros

Synap has made a bespoke online testing programme for my university medical school students to reinforce their knowledge. The software was greatly appreciated by the students, who liked the fact that it was easy to use and also worked with a mobile app (although most of my students seemed to access it with a laptop -- which makes sense for formal studies). I found that the Synap interface was easy to use both for uploading and for correcting issues with poorly performing items.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about the Synap workspace. I should say that my students did not use the spaced reinforcement function because our plans did not include it.

Synap: the constant certainty in an uncertain strange world.

From my first meeting with this team, I was blown away by their professionalism, their ability to accommodate any and all (and even strange) request, and their willingness to assist and to provide an amazing professional service in very stressful conditions. Examinations are never an easy time to work with students for the first time, but as a Third world country we had some extra curveballs that...

Pros

We used the program for online examinations. It was incredibly easy to use. There are so many useful features, e.g the fact that students could access all the sources that they need on the platform, the life-chat function that provided immediate real-time and professional assistance, the recording of the examinations and the clear instructions, made this program ideal for our first online examinations.

Cons

The only thing would be (and this is just a suggestion, it was not a problem) If it is possible to highlight each correct answer for each student for MCQ questions. The rest was really easy and easily integrated in our current LMS systems.

Amazing Team!

The Synap team are incredible! Always extremely helpful and happy to go that extra mile! They really have managed to take their technology to the next level with their amazing service. I would highly recommend them as an organisation. Look forward to watching the platform grow

Pros

Really easy to use platform Customisable according to your needs

Cons

Synap is an academic platform rather than a platform particularly designed for software firms like us so we weren't sure it would work, however with the help of the team we have been able to structure our content in a way that really serves our overall objectives

Very impressed with the product

My overall experience with Synap has been very positive. When the first national lockdown was announced, our business was unable to continue running face to face training so have relied very heavily on this system for the past 6 months to deliver a high-quality product. In a very short amount of time, we put together a number of bespoke courses for new and existing clients. Synap made this much much easier for us to deliver.

Pros

The best thing about the system is how straightforward it is to learn how to use it. I felt very confident in creating courses after a very short amount of time. Also, I like that once content has been added to the library, I can put together a new course in 10 minutes. I love how responsive the development team is when I need them and how the system is always improving. I really like how as an admin I can switch over to study mode to see what a learner would see.

Cons

There is only one small issue that we have faced. We have clients in the NHS and one of the small problems we have is the deliverability of invitations to learners with NHS email addresses. This has been mainly down to the servers of such a large organisation. It is possible for the organisation to change this by whitelisting the Synap email address.

Synap - mytaxi

Top notch, students love it and the support from the Synap has been invaluable

Pros

Ease of use! A lot of our users wouldn't be that comfortable with online resources like this but the simplicity of the platform allows our students to learn and gain knowledge quickly & easily. Adaptability - Features on the platform allow students to tailor the questions they need to improve on and improve their overall score. Their spaced repetition algorithm also helps highlight areas students need to improve

Cons

Nothing! Couldn't recommend it any higher. We've had over 500 students pass their exam as a result of Synap's platform

Great experience

Synap have been a great company to work with right from the beginning. No question/ query/ problem is too much of a big deal and they are always willing to help. We feel confident we can go to the Synap team to present an idea or request a system feature and they are keen to explore the options with us. As we are a relatively new company who are at the beginning of a journey with interactive learning we feel confident Synap have, and will continue to, support us well along the way.

Pros

Ease of moving from a static unusable system to Synap LMS platform allows us more freedom to incorporate the features we required for our company.

Cons

Nothing currently, always have been willing to take on new ideas and functions.

Great tech partners

As we are a start up company having Synap as our tech partners has been invaluable in helping us to create an online learning environment that is both innovative and agile. They continue to be incredibly supportive as we continue to develop and grow.

Pros

Intuitive to use and flexible enough to meet the needs of our students/learners.

Cons

Nothing - there have only minor tech issues and any we have had were corrected immediately

Impressive learning platform and outstanding approach to spaced learning

Outstanding support and attention to detail. We really appreciated reps going above and beyond to help us prepare for the pilot.

Pros

Spaced learning functionality supports long-term retention in an evidence-based and engaging format. Easy to create a wide variety of courses and assignments. Intuitive student user-experience and high quality on-boarding. Outstanding support for customising the platform for our use in a pilot study. Thank you Synap!

Cons

Group progress tracking could be streamlined, but the Synap team has quickly responded to all of our questions about this and found a great solution.

Excellent experience; highly recommend

Synap came to our rescue when we needed a platform for computer-based testing, with a short turnaround time. The representative assigned to us ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) was outstanding and very thorough. She tailored the experience to our needs and stayed in regular contact, to help mitigate any issues. We are very impressed with Synap and hope to continue working with them for our annual testing needs.

Pros

Readily customizable on the development end. Easy to use. Helpful chat feature, when needed. Got great feedback from our examinees, who used the platform for educational testing.

Cons

I personally did not have any issues that were "cons".

Beautiful New Beginnings online courses

Synap has allowed me to upload courses and expand my business globally. The reach this has provide for my business has meant that I am able to increase my profitability.

Pros

The software is user friendly and easily accessible for all. Content is easily loadable and interactive.

Cons

Sometimes the quality of my videos and length meant that they were unable to be uploaded in high quality and I had to convert the videos into lower resolution.