TestGorilla Logo

TestGorilla

Pre-employment testing software for HR professionals

TestGorilla Reviews - Page 6

YN

Yukihiko N.

International Affairs, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Impression of the Test Gorilla that I used on 3 times recruitments.

As mentioned earlier, it saves time in the hiring process. In addition, it can be said that the results of Assessment accurately evaluate the performance of staff after recruitment.

Pros

Scoring on assessment is very useful. It saved the much time of mine on the recruitment process.I use Test Gorilla for screening the candidates.

Cons

The only thing I didn't understand was how the billing was done.But as for the rest, I am satisfied.

Hi Yukihiko. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad that you've found TestGorilla easy to use and a valuable part of your hiring process. Welcome to the TG community!

RK

Richard K.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Specific assessments for company's particular needs

Helpful in trying to get a more holistic view of candidates and how their strengths or weaknesses might factor into the role and the team they would be coming into.

Pros

The "Culture Add" assessment helps narrow in on whether the prospective employee will be a good fit when it comes to what they value and what the company values. Also, it gives the applicant a chance to list their own strengths, and see if those are strengths that the manager feels are an asset to the organization.

Cons

The Big5, 16PF, and Enneagram assessments probably aren't appropriate for hiring, as they don't filter for people trying to make a good impression. I wish Test Gorilla had a vetted personality test that was long enough that it could parse out honest answers from manipulated ones.

Glad to hear that our culture add test is helping you find candidates who are a good fit for your organization, Richard! Personality tests aren't recommended for final hiring decisions (partly for the reason you mentioned), but we provide them to give you additional insight to take into interviews.

MA

Miguel Angel C.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Good Solution

Pros

It is a very easy to use product. You can create assessments very quickly and have a preliminary view of the candidates' knowledge before technical interviews. We can discard candidates that do not cover with the minimum knowledge without consuming the time of our technical team.

Cons

The tests are always the same, it would be interesting if they had a random component. Sometimes the jump from initial to intermediate and / or advanced knowledge is very large.

SD

Shakira D.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

TestGorilla

It has helped identify candidates who are serious about their job search as well as get an overview of their skills and expectations.

Pros

Very efficient way to test a particular skill set. A lot of tests to choose from.

Cons

Could be a bit more user friendly, from an admin perspective.

NC

Natalie C.

Consumer Goods, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Easy and Effective

I love TestGorilla and I recommend it to my friends.

Pros

I love that TestGorilla is easy to use, it allows us to conveniently assess potential hires at our company, and the assessments are relevant to the positions we fill.

Cons

Some of the assessments are very difficult.

Hi Natalie, Thanks a lot for leaving us your thoughts on the platform. Glad to hear you are having a positive experience with TestGorilla so far, and that you are able to recommend us to your friends :)

Stefan K.

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Way too expensive and terrible customer service

Very unpleasant - I have taken our business elsewhere to a competitor with reasonable prices.

Pros

The idea of the pre-recruitment using little tests is good

Cons

Price is off the charts compared to others Customer service is slow and uncooperative

Aaron R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

TestGorilla makes hiring fun

Pros

TestGorilla was super easy to set up and there are so many really good and comprehensive tests available to choose from for the roles we were looking to fill (mainly marketing related). I also liked that there are several personality-type tests which got me thinking about culture fit instead of just technical skills. Nice touch.

Cons

Haven't found many cons, honestly. There's not a huge learning curve and the product does what it's supposed to do.

Glad to here that TestGorilla has helped you, Aaron! Based on the research we've seen, we're big believers in multi-measure assessment tests. Sounds like they're working for you!

CE

Chioma E.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Great tool for recruiters

TestGorilla is a great software for applicant testing. Their tests cover a wide range of Job roles.

Pros

The tests creation is what I like about testgorilla which is very easy to use and within minutes, you’ll have a link to the test that can be sent to applicants to use.

Cons

The pricing, because we’re being charged per candidate that takes the test so we have to be careful not to have many candidates take it to reduce cost.

Hi Chioma. Thank you for your review. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad that you've found TestGorilla easy to use and a valuable part of your hiring process. Welcome to the TG community!

RW

Robert W.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

New user of Test Gorilla

very positive

Pros

Very easy to use and share assessment with candidates.

Cons

Unable to edit existing assessments - I'd like the ability to modify or add questions without having to create a different assessment and lose the ability to compare candidates.

II

Irene I.

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Not what I expected

In the beginning it was great. I was excited. I thought I would have personalized attention like we provide our customers. We're small and starting out. I aligned with your company thinking you would act the same. I'm really disappointed.

Pros

It is easy to implement. There really isn't much else.

Cons

Horrible customer service There isn't much insight into how tests are graded. There's no view into the tests what are the questions how did the candidate answer them. The timed portion isn't ideal for roles like accounting. It is embarrassing.

Program Development, 51-200 employees

Good product

Pros

It's easy to use and it has a good customisation

Cons

The reports are very poor. At least in the our plan

Hi there! thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear you are happy with the ease of use of the platform so far. We have reports availabel for donwload in CSV, Excel or PDF (for Scale or above) but I would be happy to hear your suggestions directly. Please feel free to email me - siobhan@testgorilla.com. Thanks again!

RB

Ruth B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

not so happy

not happy wiht it

Pros

easy to email it to applicants and to review it after

Cons

didnt let me see the tests before and it doesnt meet my needs

Hi Ruth, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, even though you feel that TestGorilla is not right for your company. Our product is designed to be used at the beginning of the hiring process, allowing you to screen large numbers of applicants at a reasonable cost per candidate. Please know that you are welcome to get in touch at any stage to discuss your plan with our Customer Success team, and we would be happy to hear from you. Wishing you all the best with your hiring process!

BK

Bola K.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

No Title

Pros

I love that I can customize tests for the positions at our organization. I have also looked at the questions preview and they are perfect.

Cons

I feel the tests lean more towards the tech industry, and I hope to see more tests of skills for positions in the not-for-profit sector, and the education sector.

Thanks, Bola! Glad to hear that TestGorilla is helping you hire the best. We're always adding new tests (we're at over 125 as of 3/23/21) so keep your eyes peeled :) If you have any specific requests, please let me know!

GB

Giovanni B.

Retail, 201-500 employees

My opinion on TG

Overall the experience is really very good and we are satisfied with it

Pros

Predefined test set are wonderful plus the easy of use

Cons

I'd like to have more tests of course and to be sure everything is ok on the recruitment side

Hi Giovanni, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on TestGorilla so far. Glad to hear that you found the UI/UX to be easy to navigate, and that you are gaining benefit from the Test Library - currently 200+ and growing!

MC

Marvin C.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Not recommended

Bad

Pros

setting up an assesment is easy. Good price

Cons

several of my candidates experienced problems when trying to do the test. I reported this, but support is terrible, takes too long to get an answer and when they do respond, it looks like they dont want to help, they don't try to understand the problem. Because of the problem described before, scores are not accurate.

Hi Marvin, I'd really like to understand more about what happened in this instance. I would appreciate if you could reach out to me directly at the email provided to give me a few more details on this issue.

JH

Joo Hee B.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Test Gorilla Review

I like that we can get a gauge of the personality candidate prior to hiring them.

Pros

I like the variety of tests, questions, departments that test gorilla covers.

Cons

I do not have a dislike for this software.

TP

Tonino P.

Computer Networking, 51-200 employees

Pura curiosità

molto breve purtroppo, mi è stato chiesto solo di provarlo, sommariamente positiva

Pros

Mi è piaciuto e l'ho proposto per selezionare nuovo personale... l'azienda sta valutando

Cons

non saprei tutto da verificare, alle poche prove non nè ho rilevati

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

Hello Tonino, thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear that you had a positive experience with the product.

SI

Sue I.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

No typing test!

Not great sadly

Pros

Good software tests and comprehensive test range

Cons

Not fit for my purpose, it doesn't have the most basic of typing accuracy and speed tests. Cancelled my paid subscription as it didn't meet our business needs

Hi there! thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. It might be good news to you that our team is currently working on a typing test and it will be published very soon! Watch out for it coming into our ever-growing Test Library in the coming months. We'd be happy to welcome you back to TG at any stage in the future.

ZA

Zorah A.

Renewables & Environment, 201-500 employees

Test Gorilla Fit for Purpose?

Testing functional competencies are critical and also being able to assess the culture fit and personalities has been very helpful.

Pros

Being able to curate assessments makes the software flexible

Cons

That assessments are limited to 5 exercises. I think this should be limited to 8. This will allow for more scope to get the most out of the assessments.

Hi Zorah! Thanks a lot for your feedback. I have passed on your suggestion, to include up to 8 tests in each assessment, to our product team - thanks! Glad to hear that you are finding the Culture and personality tests useful also :)

CB

Candace B.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Great!

Great!

Pros

Easy to use and cost efficient! Great platform overall!

Cons

Rejecting candidates that you do not interview should not count towards credits

Steve M.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Great Tool - highly recommend

Love it and will continue to use it. We can qualify so much up front, which saves money in the long run

Pros

being able to set assessments to gauge the stated levels of skills is fantastic! On more than one occasion we have qualified that someone has ebellished

Cons

Not really found any yet TBH, its a great tool

Hi Steve, thank you for leaving us your feedback. Glad to hear that you have been able to effectively screen your candidates using our platform, and that you have saved money and time in the process! We are happy to be a part of your hiring journey :)

Gonzalo C.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

The best for English level recruitment

Pros

Accurate to determine fluency in languages

Cons

the cost. Maybe a different offer for single-test users (like us) in volume.

DC

David C.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Just a review

Pros

It was easy to set up a test and select the questions needed.

Cons

The technical tests are very basis for software developers. Very expensive for the value

Hi David! thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Glad to hear that you found our product easy to use. We have three paid plans meaning there is a plan for every budget, however I'd be interested to hear from you regarding your case and maybe we can help you get the most from your account while keeping your costs to a minimum. Please feel free to reach out to help@testgorilla.com and we'll do our best to help you!

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Great time saver

Good overall experience.

Pros

Easy to use and saves us a lot of time when looking for skilled candidates.

Cons

Pricing model is not the best. But they did refund us when we made a mistake.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Glad to hear that you are saving time in the search for skilled candidates, and that you have had a good experience so far. You'll also be glad to know that we are in the final stages of a simplified pricing initiative, so we are sure this will remedy any confusion around this. Thanks for being on board!

Juergen V.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

new Testgorilla user

testing it applications

Pros

hopefully an objective way to evaluate applications

Cons

price for smallest package seems really high