TestGorilla Logo

TestGorilla

Pre-employment testing software for HR professionals

TestGorilla Reviews - Page 7

RA

Rawad A.

Construction, 51-200 employees

KNE Review

Good so far

Pros

Variety of Test, the detailed scoring, easy to use

Cons

other language availability (in Arabic), seeing detailed answers for each questions

Hi Rawad! Thanks a lot for your feedback :) Very glad to hear that you are happy with the variety of tests in our library (currently 250+ and counting!). Good news on that front is that an Arabic test is coming very soon! Keep an eye on our website for updates on that and other new feature releases that are upcoming. Thanks for being a TestGorilla customer!

AM

Alida M.

So helpfull!

Pros

TestGorilla makes the recruitment process much easier and faster, eliminating 1-hour interviews that can be solved with pre-made questions and assessments.

Cons

I don't have complaints, the platform is user friendly and the customized links and sharing options are great.

Hi Alida! Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us a review. We are happy to hear that we have been making your hiring process easier and faster, and that you have had a positive experience so far with the platform :)

MR

Marcello R.

Used other for less than 6 months

Good for initial filtering of candidates

We were looking for something like this for a long time. Altough not perfect, it definitely adds value to our processes,

Pros

It allows us to get a first impression of the candidates ability in areas that are important to us

Cons

For non english candidates and positions where English is not a job requirement it has less value

Hi Marcello! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear that you are happy with your TestGorilla experience so far. It's on our future roadmap to have our Test Library available in different languages, so keep an eye on our website for updates on that.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Not very useful

Using this tool to screen candidates for software engineering jobs will not give you a reliable or relevant metric to work from. People who can pass a test like this have memorized a lot of stuff they don't need to know, or are simply cheating. They need to find better ways to assess peoples' real-world skills.

Pros

It's simple to set up and use and pretty quick and secure.

Cons

The test questions and sections are poorly aligned with the job they are testing for, and mostly rely on rote memorization of things people would normally look up in documentation.

hi there, sorry to hear that you feel this way about our tool. We have a library of 280+ tests for customers to choose from, and we also have features available for you to build your own custom test if you have specific testing requirements. I would be happy to discuss this further with you, and see if I can help you get some value from the platform. My direct email is siobhan@testgorilla.com

OL

Olga L.

Translation and Localization, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Effective Tool for Online Recruitment in English

Pros

The product is easy to use and the technical support is very good.

Cons

We miss a Spanish version of the software and tests.

RH

Robert H.

Staffing and Recruiting, 501-1,000 employees

Game Changer

Pros

It is very easy to set up and get running quickly. We have really been able to speed up our hiring process as well. It puts checks and balances in place and allows a uniform and seamless between pers interaction.

Cons

The only cons are the candidates' ability to test. Sometimes their home setup is not compatible.

Glad to know TestGorilla has helped speed up your hiring process! Thanks for the review, Robert. Would you be open to letting me write a case study about your use of the platform?

WL

Wendy L.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

TestGorrilla helps identify committed and quality candidates

It has bee a good experience. It gives us a good indication of the candidates skill levels, especially for customer service and computer skills. We like the personality tests, they have helped determine the candidate that will fit in best in our business.

Pros

Test Gorilla has been a big help to identify candidates skill level for various positions. The personality tests have been good to determine if they would be a good fit for our company. We have been happy with the software so far and has saved us time in the interview process.

Cons

It was a little bit difficult to use when trying to modify which tests are linked to the job test groupl.

Hi Wendy, thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with TestGorilla so far, and that we have helped you find the best candidates for your job roles!

Jasper M.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

TestGorilla saved me time and money

Pros

I like the variety of tests that we have used to hire software developers and data scientists. The platform is easy to use and easily connects to other software (e.g. Zapier) that we are using.

Cons

I would like the idea if TestGorilla would also offer consulting services. I am curious to get their thoughts on how our product roadmap could look like for the next year.

Thanks for the kind words, Jasper! Glad to hear that our tests have helped you make great hires.

DD

Darrell D.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1,000 employees

TestGorilla 5 Star!

Pros

One thing I like the most about this software is it is very easy to use and my candidates has no problem accessing it anytime.

Cons

I can't think of any cons about this software. I actually encouraged other professionals on my connections to use it.

Hi Darrell! Thanks a lot for your feedback on the platform, we really appreciate it. Also really happy to hear that you have recommended TG to your contacts, that's great news! Thanks for being a valued customer

JM

Juan Manuel S.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Good choice for online tests

As we as a company are growing, our recruitment needs are getting more complex. Test gorilla helped us to organize our process, filter out candidates, and avoid physical interviews in these difficult times of pandemic.

Pros

The product was easy to implement and the workflow for interviews was very helpful in our recruitment process.

Cons

There question library and test for .NET technologies is somewhat limited, and the intermediate level questions are more difficult than expected.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

My Testing Experience

Pros

The most thing I liked with my experience with test gorilla is having too much testing samples and templates to use which give you more flexibility while recruiting for any open vacancy among your organization

Cons

The least thing I liked and my personal concern is having some kind of bug or lag with both of test timing counter and camera status reflection , maybe some update will fix it but till this happens, still badly effects my experience as a user

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. Happy to hear you appreciate the test library and the flexibility of the tool. Regarding the camera and the timer; the camera takes a snapshot every 30 seconds of the candidate taking their assessment. It's not a video, so there cannot be a lag :) If something else occurred that you feel wasn't normal, please do let us know via help@testgorilla.com

NG

Nikos G.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

TestGorilla review

Pros

Hundreds of tests, easy to use, enhances employee experience

Cons

I would like to have some extra options on Designer's test, such as the 3ds MAX software

Hi Nikos. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad that you've found TestGorilla easy to use and a valuable part of your hiring process. We're constantly working on developing new tests but will send your suggestion to our test development team. Thank you! Welcome to the TestGorilla community.

GD

Georgi D.

Information Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Beware of the fine gray print!!!

In my eyes, enforcing one year subscription in month-to-month payments is intentionally misleading the customers. Basically a scam

Pros

The tests are not terrible, but for the price they can do better.

Cons

Pricing is not clear on checkout and you may end up with One Year subscription that you cannot cancel

Hi Georgi, Thank you for taking the time to review TestGorilla. We're sorry you didn't have a great experience and do recommend reaching out to our Customer Success team for assistance. We would also appreciate more feedback on your experience with pricing - we value your experience and it will help us improve. Looking forward to hearing from you!

IM

Inigo M.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Good general tests; additional customization options would be useful

Being able to standardize recruiting tests without having to spend hours designing them is a game changer.

Pros

Easy to use product with many areas of testing.

Cons

Some of the tests for financial analysis/accounting have school-like questions that are not relevant for work.

Hi Inigo! Thank you for your comments and feedback, we put a really high value on that :) glad to hear that you found the platform easy to use and that you have been able to use TG for standardizing your recruitment process!

CR

Chris R.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Helpful input to your talent evaluation toolset

Solid. Its been a helpful tool and additive to our talent evaluation process.

Pros

Lots of tests to choose from when building your assessment, tests are challenging and get at the inherent skillsets we are looking for (e.g. solving problems under duress)

Cons

Wish it was easier to "trial" tests to see what the questions are look (I realize there are 2 sample questions for each assessment), kind of a pain to clone assessments after the expire every 6- days.

Hi Chris! Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review. Did you know that the best way for you to see the questions in the assessment, is to invite yourself to take it. You'll see the assessment exactly as your candidates will. And you'll be happy to know that we are in the final stages of removing the assessment time limit! Watch this space for the release date :)

Ashley B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

First time user, now a life long customer.

We are very pleased with our experience. It allowed us to weed out candidates that did not have full working knowledge of the skill set that we needed for the position.

Pros

I really liked that I could customize the test for our specific hiring needs. I also liked that shorter personality tests were offered.

Cons

A couple of the navigation features within the dashboard took me a little longer to figure out, but overall I don't have anything glaring that I would say I didn't like.

AT

Arnel T.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

The best pre-hiring tool to use

I give the overall experience 5 Stars for hiring it helps me hire good people for my companies.

Pros

I love the fact you can create pre-assessment tests to test potential candidates' skill sets and understanding. Very worthwhile.

Cons

The basic service is excellent if you only need some essential functions, but if you are using the tool for a large amount of hiring, I would recommend to to use the top-tier plan. The basic plan was all I needed despite paying $150 to develop a test for a new candidate.

hi Arnel! Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that we are helping you in your hiring process by allowing you to test your candidates skillsets. Welcome to the TG community!

DB

David B.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great product and a very easy to use interface

We have used it for every candidate we interview since trying it out and have even used the programming challenges as a 'fun' challenge for the development team and to get some competition going. The product feels well designed and full of functionality.

Pros

The software was extremely easy to use, quick to setup and worked with no issues. We wanted a quick way to asses candidates for some development roles, chose a set of tests, sent them the link and that was it. The tools that let you see someones progress through a programming challenge and their approach is very useful and gives a lot of insight.

Cons

On the multiple choice quiz we only seem to get a score and cant see in detail which questions the candidate got right or wrong. Not a major problem and it may just be the quiz we selected.

Ram n.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Excellent size for Assessment - Psycometric

Amazing good

Pros

Ease of use, So may tools available , It is available for job code wise

Cons

I don't find any thing as of now, May be they can reduced the price

Hi Ram! Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your feedback :) Delighted to hear that you are having a positive experience with TG so far. I hope we have been able to help you find some great talent for your company!

MT

Melissa T.

Civic & Social Organization, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great looking, not so great with assessments

I like the product, but didn't realize the testing results would be so bad even though the candidates were well qualified.

Pros

Easy to use and set up! Needed something that wasn't complicated and would get to my candidates quickly and efficiently.

Cons

The testing is not what was expected. Did not realize the company was based oversees, created issues for my accounting department.

CG

Catherine G.

Management Consulting, 51-200 employees

Bain Mexico feedback

Pros

Userfriendly, clear instructions and time, offers us as recruiters more creative ways to evaluate candidates.

Cons

Some features on creating the tests, sometimes it was slow .

Thanks, Catherine! Glad to know we're helping you evaluate candidates in a more creative way.

EW

Ella W.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Valuable Tech Assessments for Pre-Employment

Previewing candidate's ability for job-fit.

Pros

many tests available. easy to launch to candidates. easy to send reminders to candidates.

Cons

The expiration of the assessment after 60 days. I am forced to pay more to create an additional assessment. I cannot revisit my 'assessment welcome email' to edit the context of the email, no button anywhere on the page.

Hi Ella, thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback. We value all our customer comments and reviews! It doesn't sound right that you couldn't edit your personalized email - as that function is available at all times on all assessments. Maybe something wasn't right when you tried! We always love the chance to help in these situations and our customer support team is always on hand to figure out the issues with you. Feel free to reach out to us at help@testgorilla.com at any time!

RB

Reem B.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Constructive Feedback

Pros

it's easy to use, price is acceptable for the number of courses.

Cons

we need more variety in terms of behavioral assessment, the number of assessments should be more

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are happy to hear that you find TG easy to use :) Our test library is always growing, and is now at 183 tests! Keep an eye on it for more updates and thanks for being part of the TG community

CJ

Cheryl J.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Helpful Screening Tool for Your Business

I was able to put together an assessment adding another screening layer for applicants that want to show they are serious and want to shine specific to the position and company values. Sending out a test link was very easy.

Pros

Variety of assessments to assist with applicant selection process.

Cons

All candidates had difficulty with the time restrictions especially on the critical thinking test - most scored poorly. I would actually like to be able to take the test myself as a trial to see what is involved - did not see where this was an option for admin role.

KW

Kelvin W.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Assessment Tool

Overall a good experience since we got desired outcomes.

Pros

Can easily create skill assessments and assess skillsets.

Cons

I do not use the tool to create the assessments hence cannot comment.

Hi Kelvin! Thank you for the feedback. We are happy to hear you have had a positive experience with TestGorilla so far, and hope you can continue to get good results from our platform.