TestGorilla Logo

Pre-employment testing software for HR professionals

TestGorilla Reviews - Page 8

Robert D.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Neat concept, difficult tests, expensive credits

Pros

I really liked that I was able to obtain an unbiased assessment of candidates for a job I posted.

Cons

The pricing is too high for ongoing credits. I would like to administer this test to 20+ applicants, so really it's only for final candidates.

Thanks for the review, Robert. Glad to know you're getting value out of TestGorilla's unbiased assessment of your candidates.

DH

Daniela H.

Design, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

A really good tool

I really find it like a good tool for my job.

Pros

I don't use the software for recruiting proposes. I use to for my clients take the personality quiz cause I work developed personal brands, so I find it really useful in order to understand the archetypes and Eneagram of my clients

Cons

If someday this could be in Spanish it would be great

AD

Ashish D.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Happy with the customer service

Pros

I used the TestGorilla for giving an assessment for a company. Overall, I liked the UI and the customer support I received when faced an issue.

Cons

Overall, my problem was solved by the customer support but it would have been appreciated if the problem have been solved in a day.

Hi Ashish! thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We strive to resolve candidate issues within 4 hours, but we have to acknowledge that for some more complex situations it can take longer. Thanks again for leaving your review!

JH

Justin H.

Farming, 11-50 employees

Simple and easy to use

Very easy to use software that is now a vital part of our business

Pros

I loved my first experience with test gorilla - it took so much bias out of the interview process and allowed us to short list candidates with so much more accuracy than just a CV

Cons

Nothing really that I didn't like. If anything perhaps even more tests to be made available

MA

Miguel A.

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

Changing our perspective

It definitely has been a game changing on the way we approach recruitment, and it has allowed us to obtain so much information about or candidates. With this, we can now have a clearer idea of the strengths of every candidate, and we can take more informed decisions and decide if we want to invest time and resources in continuing with the interview process with certain candidates or not.

Pros

The complexity of the tests, which allowed us to accurately measure aspects that otherwise we could not measure about our candidates.

Cons

I would have liked to get a more comprehensive summary of the results of the candidates, showing a comparison on how each candidate is doing on the different tests or sub categories within each test.

UB

Uwe B.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

It helps with recruiting

It definitely helped us to save time and select better candidates.

Pros

We receive many applications these days of people that don't customize their resume cover letter or haven't even read the job description. Test Gorilla helps to manage the influx of applications and weed out non-qualified applicants

Cons

It would be great if it integrates better with our overall recruiting process rather than being a stand alone solution.

Hi Uwe, Glad to hear that TestGorilla is helping you to effectively screen your candidates. We have a number of integrations available currently, on the Scale and Business plans, and with more in the pipeline! Let us know if you have a specific integration request - help@testgorilla.com

KW

Kelvin W.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Assessment Tool

Overall a good experience since we got desired outcomes.

Pros

Can easily create skill assessments and assess skillsets.

Cons

I do not use the tool to create the assessments hence cannot comment.

Hi Kelvin! Thank you for the feedback. We are happy to hear you have had a positive experience with TestGorilla so far, and hope you can continue to get good results from our platform.

MA

Mansour A.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Using it to assess applicants

Overall highly recommended and saved us loads of time filtering the less serious and unqualified applicants.

Pros

Ease of use and quick to deploy the assessment Center

Cons

Sometimes the video software would fail with the candidate and has to be reset. But customer service are helpful in doing so.

BF

Bethany F.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Pros

Easy set up for assesments of specific positions

Cons

I couldn't enlarge the examples to make them easier to read

Thanks, Bethany! Glad to hear you found TestGorilla was easy to set up. You should be able to click any image to enlarge it. Let me know if that doesn't take care of it!

JC

Jonathan C.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Good value overall, intuitive interface

Pros

Easy to use, predefined tests are pretty good and the support team is great.

Cons

I would like to be able to review individual answers to questions per applicant to assess their quality with custom tests. this is currently not possible on order to keep answers to the test confidential so they wont be leaked.

KZ

Kacper Z.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great tool for high-level screening

Pros

TestGorilla is super easy to use and has a lot of relevant assessments to choose from. Good candidate experience. I love how it allows adding custom tests/tasks.

Cons

Having said that there are a lot of relevant assessments, I have to mention I miss some to be more job-specific or advanced. Also, some tests are (imho) a little bit subjective - time management one has some answers that I believe are not 100% factual.

Hi Kacper, thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Happy to hear that your candidates have had a good experience with our platform :) Thanks also for the feedback on the test content, I have passed this onto the test development team for their consideration. Welcome to the TG community!

MC

Mayra C.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Overall Great Product

Pros

This product is user friendly and helpful in assessing applicants before we interview them.

Cons

It would be great if there was some added benchmarks with an average in order to better compare the results.

Thanks, Mayra! Happy to know that you've found TestGorilla to be a great product. I'll pass your feedback on to the team!

Michael P.

Design, 11-50 employees

Easy to Use Testing Plattform

Pros

It's easy to use and helps you to get information about the knowledge of the Testing Person.

Cons

Easy to use palttfrom and you get helpful informations about the testing Person.

We appreciate the kind words, Michael! Happy to hear that TestGorilla is helping you better understand the skills and knowledge of your candidates.

WS

Walid S.

Don't subscribe to TestGorilla

Pros

I didn't like nothing, and the customer service is the worst.

Cons

No trial, instant 1 year lock-in, no ability to cancel or stop auto-renewal

Hi Walid, Thank you for taking the time to review TestGorilla. We're sorry you didn't have a great experience and do recommend reaching out to our Customer Success team for assistance. We would also appreciate more feedback on your experience with auto-renewal - we value your experience, and it will help us improve. Looking forward to hearing from you!

AS

Andy S.

Construction, 51-200 employees

General Manager

Test Gorilla has proven to be an effective tool when hiring personnel.

Pros

Ease of Use. Price and selection of test data questions.

Cons

Not enough in depth questions regarding aptitude.

Hi Andy, thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your thoughts on the platform. Glad to hear that you find it easy to use, and that you appreciate the test library and the results analysis. Hi Andy, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Glad to hear that you are happy with the price point and ease of use of the platform. Would be interested to hear more detail about what you said regarding in-depth questions on aptitude. You can email me directly on siobhan@testgorilla.com, I'd be happy to hear from you!

JI

Janis I.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Great product

Good experience

Pros

Very user friendly and simple to navigate

Cons

Many areas only had entry level and advanced- no mid / jr level

Glad you've found TestGorilla easy to use! We're always adding new tests, for example, we've got an advanced Excel test coming out later this month. Let us know if there are particular tests you'd like to see!

Jc

Jimena c.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Jimenas feedback

Pros

i like the pre-built tests. I took them myself before giving them out and I thought they were accurate in their assesment of me.

Cons

The UI could be more user friendly, especially as I try see who took tests. I also dont get notified when people took a test.

NS

Navkiran S.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

One of the best Pre Employment Testing System

Pros

Ease of use and the wide range of templates.

Cons

The limitation on the amount of days you get for each assessment should be increased.

Hi Navkiran! Thanks a lot for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We're happy to hear that you have found our platform easy to use and have enjoyed the wide range of tests in our library!

KS

Kelly S.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

STM review

Pros

fairly easy to set up an assessment and send out to candidates

Cons

haven't been using long enough yet to have an answer for this.

Hi Kelly! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Glad to hear you have had a positive experience so far. Welcome to the TG community!

CG

Can Goktug O.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Poor Performance

Not very pleased with the service. It has a complicated pricing model.

Pros

The interface and the ease of usage is good.

Cons

There are hidden costs in the application. You cannot predict how much you are going to end up paying.

Hi Can, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Sorry that you experienced some misunderstanding with our pricing model. We have recently reviewed and refreshed the wording on our pricing page, and we are confident that it is now clearer. In your particular case, it is my understanding that your outstanding bill has been waived and we have credited your account. We wish you the best of luck with your hiring! Please let me know directly if you have any further questions - siobhan@testgorilla.com

IG

Iván G.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Nice tool for the first stage of our hiring process

We can easily test hundreds of candidates to filter out candidates that don't really match the position. This save us a huge amount of time on interviews.

Pros

What I like the most is the ease of use and that with a single tool I can test candidates in culture fit, personality, coding skills, and knowledge.

Cons

It would be nice if they had a free tier. The test library could be bigger.

Thanks, Ivan! We're big believers in multi-measure tests, glad you're finding them to be effective. Our Test Library continues to grow every month, so keep your eyes peeled for new tests!

RA

Ryan A.

Love TestGorilla

Pros

Super easy to set up. Was up and running in 10 minutes.

Cons

Not sure there is anything I dislike right now.

Hi Ryan! Happy to hear that you are satisified with TestGorilla so far. Our product is designed to be as easy to set up as possible, meaning you can start recruiting the best talent straight away!

JR

Jason R.

Banking, 501-1,000 employees

TestGorilla - Easy to use for non-technical users

Pros

The pre-bulit assessments and how easy it was to send out to candidates for them to take the assessments.

Cons

Cost is a little high for only using for one job requisition. But, worthwhile if needing an outside assessment.

lv

luca v.

Consumer Electronics, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Increase the quality of your hiring process

I had the opportunity to increase the quality of the candidates we hired related to the digital area.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to setup, very good UX for candidates and questions well organized.

Cons

Not so cheap and reporting needs to be improved.

RB

Rosice B.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

This company is a scam beware

Pros

Great tests inside of the portal to really screen candidates

Cons

The customer services is shady. There are certain things not mentioned in the small print. Whether you pay monthly or annually they hold you to a year commitment and don't break it down until its too late. Customer services doesn't respond but the sales team will connect with you in 5 minutes. All I can say is RUN!