TextRecruit Reviews

TextRecruit

Communicate with Candidates Using Text Message, Chat and AI

4.47/5 (53 reviews)

Pros
  • For the most part, implementation is pretty straight forward and the software is easy to navigate. The team dedicated to set up was very helpful.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • It is user friendly and easy to navigate. The dashboard is easy to read which has been a good feature for us to gauge the effectiveness of the product.Marissa W.Read the full review
  • TextRecruits customer service is outstanding and the user design is easy.Jose W.Read the full review
Cons
  • The TextRecruit platform provides add ins through Chrome, however, the lack of full integration with our staffing software platform (Healthcare Source) limits its full potential.Jessie Y.Read the full review
  • Difficult to get started. Frustrating that it took so long to get Ari.Mary D.Read the full review
  • This morning, we had an associate that was supposed to go out and work for the client on a 1-day assignment but the associate called in sick this morning.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Jose Watson

Modern Recruitment Communication

Reviewed 2019-04-08

TextRecruits customer service is outstanding and the user design is easy! You can organize candidates by job titles and campaigns. An app can be downloaded to your smart device to allow for communication with candidates as needed. We have been able to successfully set up large hiring campaigns and keep candidates updated on where they are in the hiring process. We also use it for orientation and interview reminders by scheduling text to be sent out prior. Overall it has been an important tool to add to our recruiting tool box.

Pros
It's a web-based system that has a Google extension that allows new candidates to be quickly added without navigating away from your current page. The campaign system is also a positive feature that allows for drip marketing campaigns.

Cons
I would like to be able to include GIFs into some of our campaigns but this function isn't possible yet.

Jose Watson

Great program for recruitment and HR functions & processes.

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Able to increase my ability to reach out to candidates, maintain communication and reduce time-to-fill after incorporating this software into our recruitment strategy and process.

Pros
The ease to capture contact information and schedule text or campaigns. The extension incorporates well while sourcing and managing the candidate experience through our employees first 90 days of employment.

Cons
Would love to be able to capture more info through the extension besides number, maybe name(first and last).

Response from TextRecruit

Glad it's working well for you Jose! We'll pass on the feedback about the extension.

Rex Pickar

Good idea, features, and cost effective. Processes, reporting, and extra features can be a struggle.

Reviewed 2018-04-02

Improved candidate experience, easy way for our team to connect with candidates that may not be active on email, ability to text silver medalist candidates, and alternate uses to text groups (like a group of interns).

Pros
Ability to have quick back-and-forth conversations with recruiters. Makes for a strong candidate experience when the candidates engage.

Cons
The reporting capabilities are not good. Also, we've had some "glitches" in the process, and it's been challenging to figure out where the misses are. Therefore, it's a heavy amount of trial and error.

Response from TextRecruit

Thank you Rex! Glad TextRecruit is working for you! We'll pass on the feedback about the reporting issues to our product team.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Rachel McKinley

TextRecruit Creates Engagement

Reviewed 2020-03-26

I have had a great experience using TextRecruit considering how it has positively impacted my interactions with candidates. It's easy to use from a recruiter standpoint. It is also very convenient from a candidate standpoint, so that they can respond faster than using email.

Pros
Using TextRecruit is wonderful for staying connected to candidates and creating a more convenient way to interact with them!

Cons
Limited text characters means I sometimes have to send multiple messages through, but I understand the reasoning for a character limitation.

Suzette Dollar

Super useful (with integration to ICIMS)

Reviewed 2019-03-19

Our failure to respond to interview scheduling requests went down by at least 50% during our busiest hiring season!

Pros
Allows us to quickly connect with a candidate to schedule, let them know we're running late, or even inquire why they haven't responded to communication. It is easy, on the fly, with a simple click of the phone number right in the software you're working in! TextRecruit can pick up a number in any open Chrome page and start a conversation, but where it shines for us is the integration with ICIMS, our ATS (applicant tracking system). Not only can you individually text, but anywhere you could bulk send emails in the ATS, you can now bulk send texts!

Cons
Can be time consuming building campaigns without the bulk text edit of our ATS.

Whitney Allen

Has been a great tool for high volume recruiting!

Reviewed 2018-03-30

A better way to communicate with the current job seekers and the opportunity to have better more friendly communication.

Pros
We love the extension and that we are able to use it on many different platforms. It has been a way for us to reach hundreds of candidates in a short amount of time with ease.

Cons
I wish that the reporting tool was better. I would love if it gave the options so I could specify exactly what I need and custom the amount of time I need it (not the prepopulated options). I want there to be more options as an Admin. That I can share the campaigns with a specific user and templates with a specific user vs. the whole group.

Response from TextRecruit

Thanks for the review Whitney! Glad to hear the Chrome extension is working for you. We'll pass on the feedback about admin privileges.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

EDDIE RAY

Great experience!

Reviewed 2019-12-12

Pros
The set up, training and implementation was so simple. The TextRecruit team was there each step of the way and are awesome to work with. Very simple to create users. Easy for users to adopt. Templates are a huge timesaver for the team. Scheduling and drip messaging is the best, as we work with employees all across the U.S.

Cons
Sometimes team members have trouble finding someone in the search bar and then have to recreate the user. The away message is no longer working for us.

Barb Findley

Game Changer to our Recruiting Process

Reviewed 2019-12-12

TextRecruit has helped our recruiting process tremendously since implementation. When we have a last minute request their campaign feature is an amazing and easy way to communicate with a large number of applicants in a very quick manner.

Pros
TextRecruit is so easy to use that even my technology-averse employees find it easy. It's such an easy way to communicate applicants.

Cons
There aren't many cons to TextRecruit. If I had to say something, I have had a few times that the messages wouldn't send. Maybe twice in the 9 months we have been using it. But it resolved itself within a few hours.

Anonymous

Awesome text recruiting solution!

Reviewed 2018-03-31

Pros
I first heard about TextRecruit in a podcast. I thought it could be a great solution for scheduling challenges we have, but I've found it to be useful in so many other ways. Giving a quick update to a candidate. Quickly writing to see if they're free for a conversation. And the Chrome Extension making it easy to pick up phone numbers have all been great benefits. It's a seamless integration into the technology we're already using.

Cons
As TextRecruit is still relatively new, there are occasionally some bugs that pop up. But our account rep is quick to respond and help out with resolving those issues. One challenge is the character limitation but my understanding is that it's a function of SMS, and not anything with TextRecruit specifically.

Response from TextRecruit

Thanks for the review!

Anonymous

Ease of use and provides great efficiency

Reviewed 2019-10-28

Just a great overall experience. This morning, we had an associate that was supposed to go out and work for the client on a 1-day assignment but the associate called in sick this morning. Because of having TextRecruit, we were able to reach out to multiple candidates quickly and back-fill the position and get someone out to the client site today.

Pros
Text Recruit allows me to quickly reach out to a large amount of candidates instantly. This helps save time and allows me to fill job orders quickly.

Cons
As of right now, I don't really have any cons about this software. The interface is super easy to understand, the functionality is all there, and from what I understand from our managers, the price isn't too bad either.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Jessie Yates

Functionally easy to use and and navigate.

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Pros
The TextRecruit platform provides an ease of use and navigation, which our internal and external team really appreciate.

Cons
the TextRecruit platform provides add ins through Chrome, however, the lack of full integration with our staffing software platform (Healthcare Source) limits its full potential.

Response from TextRecruit

Glad it's working well for your internal and external team Jessie! We'll keep working on the extension.

Samantha Herbein

Text Recruit has completely transformed our recruiting process.

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Pros
We use TextRecruit for everything from sourcing passive candidates, engaging our current candidates, and helping our new hires complete their paperwork. It has made our process a lot faster and easier.

Cons
I have not had any complaints using text recruit over the past year. Our candidates seem to really enjoy it as well.

Response from TextRecruit

Thanks Samantha! We loved seeing your webinar with Tim Sackett!

Justin Newbury

Have loved using this software. Has really made a difference on how I contact candidates.

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Pros
Really speeds up the recruiting process and makes it so much easier to send a quick text instead of a call and also not having to give out my personal number.

Cons
The android app needs some work. The push notifications still don't work but other than that no complaints.

Response from TextRecruit

Glad it's speeding up your recruiting process Justin! We'll pass on your feedback about the android app to the product team.

Tony Suzda

Text Recruit has changed the way we do recruiting and really helped our candidate experience!

Reviewed 2018-04-02

Pros
Ease of use. The end users on my team really enjoy the candidate engagement we get with this system.

Cons
Limited integrations with ATS. We would like the system to be able to move the information into our ATS and move the candidate information out of the ATS into Text Recruit.

Response from TextRecruit

Thank you Tony! We are so glad we could help your candidate experience. We'll pass on your feedback about the ATS.

Anonymous

A great tool, limited only by ATS integration

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Pros
Let's us reach candidates the way they want to be reached. Perfect for scheduling new hire orientation and other reminders that we send to candidates

Cons
Our ATS (UltiPro) doesn't fully integrate with the tool. We can export a spreadsheet and text candidates from WITHIN a requisition. However, there is no way to export a spreadsheet when you perform a search. This is entirely a UltiPro problem, but maybe TextRecruit could talk to them about that? They sure don't listen to me.

Response from TextRecruit

Thanks for the review!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Jasmin castaneda

has been a huge help

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Pros
very easy to use, text recruit is always so willing to help, cost effective, up with technology etc.

Cons
i am not able to cant separate by state, since we do have over 7 locations, it just doesn't have other options unless we purchase another license.

Response from TextRecruit

Glad we've been able to help Jasmin! We will look into the issue with multiple states.

Elaine Martinez

It has been very beneficial in scheduling interviews swiftly.

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Ability to schedule interviews conveniently

Pros
I love the ability to integrate with an ATS system, import candidates, and pre-schedule text messages.

Cons
The mapping, when importing. I liked it when previously I was able to import an Excel doc and the First/Last Names were separated for me. Now, I have to create a whole new column and list the Last Name.

Response from TextRecruit

Happy to hear that interview scheduling is going well for you Elaine!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

KC Golden

Great way to connect with hard-to-engage passive candidates

Reviewed 2018-04-01

Pros
Able to craft a creative message that results in a higher response rate from those applicants who are passive and not necessarily looking for a job - which is often in today's employee-market. The best applicants aren't necessarily looking for a new job so these are the ones we want to speak with.

Cons
Not the software's fault but it's hard to get passive applicant's mobile numbers. Set up was a bit confusing and the cost of full integration with iCIMS has been prohibitive which make it more cumbersome to track which candidates have already been contacted - this a lot of record keeping. ICIMS charges for integration which seems costly.

Response from TextRecruit

Glad to hear you're reaching passive candidates KC! We'll let the product team know about the record-keeping issues.

Anonymous

TextRecruit has been a game-changer for my recruiting process!

Reviewed 2017-11-20

Pros
Instead of spending hours trying to get candidates on the phone or to respond to email, I now only spend minutes, because texts have a 100% open rate! The TextRecruit app makes my candidate connection portable. I have scheduled candidates for interviews while waiting for a car repair!

Response from TextRecruit

We thank you for taking the time to submit a review, we're so glad you're enjoying our product!

Jeanette Ruggiero

Quick set-up and easy to use

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Pros
I can set up campaigns quickly and start using them right away Having the ability to use multiple campaigns to a big plus

Cons
I would like to look back at text I sent out immediately just to make sure I have sent it out. We work in a very fast paced environment and sometimes need to double check

Response from TextRecruit

Thanks for the feedback Jeanette! We'll look into immediate confirmation of sent texts.

Michelle Hart

Fantastic, the ease of the product and engaging with candidates immediately has saved us time.

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Pros
The ease, there is very little ramp-up time to learn how to use the product. Instead of continuing to cold call candidates who do not want to hear from us we are able to focus on those who are currently interested in hearing about our opportunities and get them moving along in the interview process. We love our TextRecruit!

Cons
It would be great with the integration of the ATS, if once the text message is sent that it would auto-populate in the Notes section of the candidate record.

Response from TextRecruit

Thanks for the feedback Michelle! We'll pass on the auto-population feedback.

We love Officevibe!

Reviewed 2018-03-30

We are able to engage our people and see how each market and dept is doing. We have been able to fix issues right away when an employee shares a concern.

Pros
It really helps engage employees that are using it! Every company should at least try it. We struggle with our teams because they are mobile but it would work very well in a professional environment.

Response from TextRecruit

Thanks for the review!

Trini Edwards

Love it!

Reviewed 2018-03-30

Pros
Ease of contacting multiple people fast, ease of importing candidates. Able to see how many we are contacting daily

Cons
Can't put in folder and not double text people who have scheduled interview. Time difference is a problem sometimes when we need assistance

Response from TextRecruit

Happy to hear that you love it Trini! We'll pass your feedback on to the product team.

raeanne auber

Text recruit has changed the spped we can connect with applicants.

Reviewed 2018-04-03

it has helped with the initial contact of applicants and has made scheduling pre-screen calls and or interviews much easier. No more phone tag!

Pros
Ease of use, turnaround time is incredible. The very forsrt day of use, I sent 35 messages and had responses within 5 minutes. Before I could waste half a day playing phone tag with people. This has made the intial contact with applicants much more efficient.

Cons
I do not have any real "cons." Sometimes it seems the messages are put in a delayed hold instead of being sent immediately even though my settings are set to send immediately.

Response from TextRecruit

Thanks for the review Raeanne! Phone tag really is just the worst¿ We will pass on the feedback about the delayed messages to the product team.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anonymous

Easy to use. Great customer service and support

Reviewed 2018-03-30

two way communication with potential hires

Pros
Easy to use. Easy to implement. The platform is designed with the user in mind. UX is one of the best and TextRecruit is available immediately.

Cons
There is not any feature or function I could speak to that I do not like. UX is easy and our team of recruiters love using the platform.

Response from TextRecruit

Thanks for the review!