JazzHR Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.44/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I love how easy it is to receive support if we have a question and the fact that they are constantly improving on the product.

SA

Sarah A.

Their customer support is top notch and the system is obviously usable and you can do what you need to do. It’s a “good” system, not a great system.

Matthew C.

The analytics to see where the applicants come from is great at determining which job board is worth the price. Overall it is a great tool.

JC

Josh C.

The UI can be confusing and understanding how the process should be paired with JazzHR was a bit more tedious.

Jose F. G.

Confusing when setting up automatic responses.

MG

Mike G.

The UI feels a bit underdeveloped. Our team has struggled to leverage it's reporting tools and dashboard view.

Mauricio M.

Compare both
BambooHR-logocaret

BambooHR

Compare both
How would you rate JazzHR?

Best Recruiting Software

It has replaced our individual accounts with recruiting websites lower total costs and still bringing in lots of qualified people.

Pros

Jazz is aggregate recruiter, you post to it and it posts your job on multiple boards. It allows you to see all job candidates in one place, at one price.

Cons

There isn't a way to highlight your posts on certain boards it picks where your posts will be highlighted.

JazzHR ATS Review

We were looking for a more robust ATS that allows more technical level changes than what our previous ATS allowed - and this is just that. It gives the user a lot of control over the settings/workflows, which at times can be a bit cumbersome to maintain, but ultimately creates a more specialized experience for our recruitment team.

Pros

I like that the program really focuses on what it does best - workflow integration. If you take the time to really set this product up right, you can automate 75% of the administrative tasks that can be very time consuming.

Cons

It’s greatest strength is at times it’s greatest weakness. The workflow management is excellent when it’s set up properly, but requires a lot of maintenance to keep it updated and current.

ATS for New/growing companies

It was a great experience overall. The after sales are also responsive to any queries or requests.

Pros

JazzHR has been fruitful to our growing company. We were able to find the type of candidates we are looking for. The candidate database is diverse.

Cons

Maybe the UI/UX of the application could have been improve to something more interactive or too formal-looking.

Thank you so much for the feedback, Stephen! We are so happy to hear JazzHR has helped in the growth of your company. Wishing you and the company great success! Your suggestion for an easier UI will be noted for improvements moving forward. Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Review of Resumator - Three Months In

Pros

It is easy to use, and it's easy to step into and figure out without training. It can be as simple or as complicated as you need it to be, which is great for the wide range of hiring leads and personalities that I work with. It is a definite step up from the spreadsheets and Outlook folders that we had been using. Being able to track pipelines and jobs has made us more efficient.

Cons

There are a lot of little features that should be available and are not, like batch emailing candidates based on different criteria such as status or category. Also, it isn't possible to hide candidates that are inactive per job; however, engineering says they are working on this. Last time I made a suggestion to the engineering department, it was basically shot down unless a hundred or more of their...

JazzHR

I love using JazzHR and its integration with Linked IN recruiter and Career place that we use extensively is so smooth. The customer support is super helpful and the turn around is very quick.

Pros

JazzHR is one of the easiest and most intuitive ATS tool I have used in my recruiting career. I like the ease of posting and making modifications on each role. the setting are so simple and can be customized with very little effort.

Cons

The questionnaires dont get auto created for each role. They impact the questionnaire and the repsonses even for closed roles which makes it hard to make any edits to an existing questionnaire. It has to be used as it is or a new one has to be created.

Great tool for recruitment with powerful analytics

Pros

The software is easy to use, has a lot of built-in relevant fields. It has built-in integrations to different softwares and even has data pulling API. They have comprehensive reports that you can further customize to help check and improve your process.

Cons

We have only started using it and so far it is far better than previous tools we have used.

The Next Step Up From Indeed

I have been using Indeed for my recruiting needs, so I looked at JazzHR through the lens of whether or not the cost and functionality justified the switch.

Pros

I like that you are able to not only post the details about the job you are hiring for, but you can also create "knockout questions" for your candidates. That way, if your candidate doesn't qualify based on those questions, you don't spend time moving ahead in the interview process with them.

Cons

I did not find the JazzHR software intuitive and I had some difficulty setting it up. I thought the free trial period was too short.

New Client

Great value / features for the money

Pros

Ease of Implementation and assistance with resume import

Cons

I wish there was a feature to import your templates If I have to do my templates manually, a more robust editor would be appreciated.

It's simply Jazztastic.

When I joined The VSI Team I came to know this little tool that I had never seen before, it had an awesome UI, and an UX so smooth that I just felt like I was surfing through my workflows, literally surfing... I can sit and talk about the features Jazz offers like its automated customizable workflows, e-docs, ease of integration with other platforms like HackerRank, the Crod module which instantly...

Pros

Cons

The only drawback is in the reporting capabilities, it's missing some dashboards and the ability to keep track of your metrics, but I know from a good source that is about to change in Q1 2017.

Software architecture is deeply flawed, still overall pretty user friendly & effective at good $

It has helped us effectively hire record number of new employees. It keeps us well organized and does what an ATS is supposed to do relatively well.

Pros

The price is good for a mediocre ATS that does the basics well at keeping candidates and jobs organized. The email templates are fully functional. Candidate profiles are pretty well organized, except across jobs. Job cloning and posting process is pretty smooth. It operates fast and rarely has technical issues. They have made some improvements based upon our suggestions, but it took a long time and was like pulling teeth to see any progress.

Cons

Candidate notes/comments/discussion cannot be seen across different jobs or even instances of jobs. Customer and candidate support costs extra to interact via phone, otherwise only internet form submission is required to resolve issues. Overpromised and underdelivered features, functionality, and continuous development speed. Not very customizable. Poorly designed. New and updated features are poorly beta-tested before release and not well thought out from a user perspective. Changes to Workflow templates, stages, and disposition reasons cannot easily be cloned across all of them at once, meaning you need to edit many different templates individually. Task automation features exist, but are poorly designed sometimes.

Friendly service and effective organization (when used correctly)

JazzHR works very well if every team member uses it for all things ATS: booking interviews, emailing applicants, sending offers, etc. It is also very flexible -- it can be used for all of the above, or only for offers, or whatever it is you need it to do. However, that flexibility is both a pro and a con. If for example some team members use it for booking interviews, but others insist on booking interviews through Outlook, it will be very difficult to keep track of what's happening. JazzHR won't track any communications that occur outside of itself. My advice: ensure your JazzHR team uses it the same way across the board. :)

Pros

JazzHR is a refreshing alternative to maintaining vast Excel spreadsheets of every candidate for every job (yes, that was my life for a little while). It keeps candidate resumes, contact info, and current application status in one place. Posting new jobs is straightforward, and you can make custom workflows for each one if desired. These allow for some degree of automation (moving a candidate to "passed 1st round" can prompt an email inviting them to the next round, e.g.). Each communication is timestamped, so there's no confusion about how quickly the interview process is moving. Customer service is also quick on the draw, replying to support tickets within 24 hours -- usually same day!

Cons

Two sticking points hold JazzHR back from being truly fantastic: 1. There's no "true" automation; every action requires a user to do something manually. Example: if I'm in charge of updating candidate status, and I'm out sick for a week, it will appear to other users that no progress is happening. Having some time-sensitive automation triggers would help a lot (change this candidate's status from...

Jazz Happy Customer

It has been a great experience overall. The customer service is great, the people are very friendly and attentive and the software is easy to use and fulfills all of our needs.

Pros

The software has a very robust feature offering. It is very easy to use, once set up and is a great tool for aggregating resumes and scoring candidates.

Cons

Setting up some of the features was challenging, such as workflows, candidate evaluations, etc. It would have been nice to have assistance. The implementation calls that I had were not very helpful and I walked away more confused than assisted.

JazzHR gets 5-star rating! You're HIRED!

I used to stress out when we had recruiting efforts, but JazzHR has made this process so much more organized and it's something I look forward to using. It has saved us a great deal of paper, ink/toner resources as well as filing space, too. On top of the other features mentioned, it assists us with compliance by capturing retrievable data on each candidate, so employers are already prepared for whatever might occur resulting from recruiting decisions.

Pros

JazzHR is mutually beneficial to the candidate who can easily download a resume, cover letter and click on some buttons to answer questions that the employer wishes to learn about candidates (e.g., What Makes You Unique?). It automatically responds to the candidate (inserting the individual's name) to acknowledge receipt of their submission, thereby avoiding the "black hole" (or "black box") experience....

Cons

We do not pay for the premium-level support, so there's no immediate phone call support when I'm in a pinch. They've made a fairly comprehensive Support section complete with visual and step-by-step instructions which is extremely useful by those of us who opt not to pay for the higher support level -- and they email me back within 24-hours (more often sooner).

Implementing JazzHR has allowed us to dramatically improve our recruitment efforts!

Using JazzHR has greatly improved the success of our recruitment efforts and increased communication among our managers and recruiters.

Pros

JazzHR is very user friendly. It is easy to navigate the site, and there are a lot of features that are customizable - such as categories to easily narrow down search results, email templates, and workflows that automatically trigger notifications and tasks to different people. The ability to send our job posting to so many free job boards has been fantastic and saves us countless hours per job when...

Cons

One feature that would be really beneficial for us is a place where the hiring team can communicate and discusss the job itself. There is a discussion page for each candidate, but if anything changes with the job requirements - like the hours, schedule, location, etc) - we can't communicate that within Jazz within putting it on a candidate's discussion thread.

For the price, JazzHR is a great platform for applicant tracking and workflow management.

JazzHR has been a great applicant tracking system for us. Very user friendly and customizable. It is one of the most affordable systems I have seen on the market, so I think it's a great bang for your buck. Only downside is the lack of reporting/analytics for managing a recruiting team.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and easy to navigate. You can customize your own workflows and easily extend offers with various templates depending on the position you are recruiting for. JazzHR also has an easy search feature to find a candidate by name, email address, or phone number.

Cons

There are very few reporting tools/analytics within JazzHR to track metrics of a recruiting team. Due to this, I have to have my team send me a weekly snapshot on their submittals, interviews, offers, etc. JazzHR also does not integrate with a lot of other companies in order to streamline the onboarding process (i.e. background checks/drug screens can initiate automatically through the system)

Look no further - You've found an ATS

I work in a recruiting capacity in the HR department of a mid-size company that utilizes Jazz as our recruiting software. As a growing company with strongly rooted family values, we are dedicated to making hiring decisions that will have a positive impact on our company's growth and image. Our HR department has been able to take our recruiting to the next level with Jazz since we can effectively track,...

Pros

Ease of use Innovative and Adaptive Customer Support

Confusingly good

In my career, I've used over 10 applicant tracking systems and none of them have been as easy or straightforward as HR. I'm left baffled that it is not the industry leader and by the cost of the product. It does not have all the bells or whistles of a Lever or Greenhouse, but a lot of companies (like mine) just don't need that.

Pros

Easy of use UI Customer Support Daily Use Price

Cons

Still working on integrations with other platforms

HR Director

My experience has been very positive. Once we purchased JazzHR, my sales rep was still present along the onboarding process. He didn't ditch us and made sure that we were connected to all the right people to work out any issues or questions we had. I will also say that we didn't have many issues in transition. We demo the system for a little bit and once our decision was made, it was just a matter of making our posting page with JazzHR live on our site. The company is very responsive to email and chat sessions.

Pros

This system is so easy to use. It's intuitive and allows for recruiting flow to be developed and followed consistently. The system also does a great job of bridging the gap of communication between the manager and the HR team. The discussion feature allows for real-time follow up along with the ability to store and contain all pertinent information regarding the status of a candidate in the hiring...

Cons

I would just like to have a few more options as far as access levels for different people that might be apart of the interviewing/hiring process. However, I know that this is something that they are working on for future use. I would also love to have a mobile app so that my remote managers that travel a lot, can access candidates on their phone and reply to a candidate while sitting at the airport without pulling out their computers.

User friendly ATS program

Overall experience with JazzHR has been positive. Customer service is very helpful.

Pros

Product is easy to use. Reporting section allows for easy data generation. Customization of work flows and task assignment allows for notifications to appropriate staff that they have a candidate to look at and decision to be made for an interview or decline. JazzHR saved my company a significant amount of money in recruiting costs.

Cons

They do not have a contract with Indeed for job sponsorship. Jobs are posted to indeed, but if you need to sponsor the job you have to go though Indeed instead of through JazzHR. Would be nice to use one application for all recruiting needs

Your Customizable Hiring Platform - Everything You Need

Cost effective, Time-saving, user friendly and helps you keep track of the candidates in progress. Their support team is quick at responses and resolutions. the best thing about Jazz HR is that they receive resumes from quite a few job boards and present them to you on one platform.

Pros

Jazz HR is customizable to great lengths to give you the exact result you need. It helps create a job to specifically mention what is needed to qualify with the set questions you can place for applicants to answer if they decide to apply to the job. the best part is that Jazz HR does the segregation to see who qualifies and then gives us a list of just the resumes that are a match. The access to templates and workflow is also a huge bonus. They also provide you the option onboard and complete everything with esignatures so its all paperless.

Cons

When the pros also become the cons - you get resumes that are a fit but the response is always overwhelmingly high. You have to go over the bulk resumes that qualify. The platform offers a huge set of features that may get confusing and not give you the desired result unless setup correctly which could be a draw back. Also the API can be limiting when it comes to in-house integration.

Easy to use!

It has been a good experience so far. We are still in the free-trial period.

Pros

The software is easy to post positions. The dashboard provides a great database and it is really complete.

Cons

The software has automatically misclassified our company, so the pricing went higher than usual with less features available.

So easy to use! Best value for your money. Hands down.

I hire for basically the same job (or a few jobs) at 23 campuses across the U.S. A lot of ATS companies will charge you per location and even per user which obviously doesn't work for us. Jazz charges a flat fee per month with unlimited users, locations (called departments), jobs, and postings on free job boards. It's an incredible value for the money you pay. I'm still discovering new features and better ways to build my workflow and improve my screening process each time I log in.

Pros

I looked at a lot of different ATS options, and this one knocked everyone else out of the park. For the money you pay, it is definitely the best value. I love the many integration options. Instead of using my calendar, Asana, email, our application site, and spreadsheets for tracking candidates and reporting, Jazz allows me to have every part of my hiring and on boarding system in one place. The knock out questions and questionnaires have increased my ability to screen candidates as well, saving me the time I would have spent interviewing unqualified candidates. It's also very easy to set up and use. Customer service is on point, and they patiently walked me through the set up process and are quick to answer any questions that come up. I'm very happy with the decision I made.

Cons

So far so good. I really can't think of anything that I don't like about it. I would love to see them add an automated reference check to the system, but that's not super common with ATS anyway. They seem to be constantly improving the system and adding features. I imagine it won't be long before they add this.

If you need a new applicant tracking system, pick this. Super modern!

Relatively low cost, easy to use, live agents, modern & you can recommend ideas that go on their roadmap and eventually get implemented.

Pros

Finally, a modern applicant tracking system! I use JazzHR everyday at work and I can honestly say this is a user-friendly and intuitive ATS. It saves me a lot of time compared with my experience using other systems like Taleo. If anyone is thinking of switching to a new ATS system, this is it. You will not regret it! Plus they have live agents to support you with any questions you have and they will get you the information you need promptly.

Cons

Sometimes I have experienced 'bugs', but if you report it to their Customer Success team it will be looked into as soon as possible. When Amazon Web Services is down, Jazz may not function properly, but this can't always be avoided.

JazzHR Software proves an integral tool in identifying and acquiring new talent

Our company work requires applicants with specific skill sets in working with Cryptographic technologies to include Block chain ledgers and control platforms. As a result it can be difficult to find and qualify competitive applicants. Since we began using Jazz HR , we have found a new and useful tool in our discovery process. Over just a few months our hire retention rates have increased and our time cycles to train are greatly reduced. Finally, the quality of talent is improving as a direct result of using this software. We are excited to continue its use and happy to recommend it to human resource departments for companies small to moderate size.

Pros

The highly configurable tools in this software allow for in an depth discovery and qualification for potential applicants. Such tools include question and answer templates . Answers then can be analyzed and even rated for accuracy. This application can also assist in logistics such as in helping to scheduling meetings for review during a hiring process. There is a companion application for mobile devices which allow for seamless communication from fellow workers to share their reflections and ideas on a potential hire. There are as well options to leverage social networking sites to discover potential new talent as well.

Cons

The only real negative we can highlight would be in the area of support for the product itself. If your team works late hours as we do , they can be difficult to reach. This is a minor inconvenience largely out weighed by the many benefits of this HR software.

Jazz HR is easy to use but could offer more

Pros

-The program is easy to use and easy to learn -Many of the features are intuitive, like being able to drag and drop the ordering of questions in the applications -Good integration with job boards

Cons

I feel like there are a lot of missing features that the program should have: -Be able to hide jobs (we have a lot of old jobs that we still want to keep, but we don't need to see them constantly) - Be able to select a default view (for example, always have it show Open Jobs when I go to the site rather than having to select that view -Be able to pull PPC report by yourself, rather than having to contact...