TimeFlow Reviews

4.46/5 (218 reviews)

Kenneth Hall

Works for Us!

Reviewed 2016-07-14

Once we upgraded to the online system it has been incredibly smooth and convenient for our office. We have been using it for several years and have had little to no problems using it.

Pros
Functionality is incredibly easy! We don't have a lot of issues using the software and it's great to have it on multiple computers in the office. Before we were only able to have it on one.

Cons
There are some feature that we don't really use so it would be nice to take those feature off. It was also hard to submit our credit card online after our because the expiration date only went up to 2020. Renewing the service took a lot longer than I was expecting.

Jennifer Morrow

Great software

Reviewed 2016-06-17

We purchased TimeFlow software in 2012 to replace a system that used time cards. we have been happy with our purchase.

Pros
I love that my employees can see the time of their last punch when they clock in/out. If an employee forgets to punch in, they see that when they leave. We catch and correct errors much more quickly than we did with a card swipe system.

Cons
Wish there were an "undo" button or that changes would revert to the original punch time unless confirmed in the Admin/management menu. On rare occasion a shift manager has made a change to the wrong day and realized it before saving, but has to remember what they changed to put the original punch back.

Tammy Snyder

Overall Good - But Wish It Was GREAT

Reviewed 2017-01-10

We use the Duoserve Timeflow as our main Electronic TimeClock. There are many features we like about it, however, it falls short in areas that we would prefer to have....such as different categories for time away such as Birthday, Jury Duty, Funeral or any other categories covering time away. It's not appropriate to lump these absences into "Vacation, Holiday, Sick or Regular". Also, being in the Eastern Standard Time Zone, we have issues getting support when as timely as we would like. Other than those things, we find it suits our needs adequately enough and decent value for the price.

Pros
Easy to use - like the biometric feature and reports easy to read.

Cons
Needs additional features as explained in comments submitted. Support not always available when needed due to time zone differences.

Lauren Abbott

We have used the TimeFlow clock for our office for 2 years now and we love it.

Reviewed 2018-06-15

The time spent on payroll is cut down quite a bit. I allows each individual worker to not only view but print out their hours while keeping the privacy of everyone else's profiles protected by adding a password. It has helped accountability for time worked honest and fair. It also gives great reports for punctuality/tardiness which has helped when doing reviews with each employee monthly.

Pros
Easy to use and easy to log in for each individual employee. The set up for payroll viewing on employees is not only easy to use and navigate but extremely helpful when it comes time to submit payroll.

Cons
To be honest, the only thing that I can even think of is that we update the background depending on season/occasions...it would be nice to have more options for customizing the wallpaper.

Keli Speranza

Great Time Clock for the Money!

Reviewed 2017-01-24

I have 5 Employees that use this everyday. It's easy for them to punch in and out multiple times a day. When I am ready to run time sheets for the week it's simple and easy. I just review everyone's entries and make sure they are correct. If I need to make a change it's super simple and quick. Once the times are correct I can easily run a summary of the time and print that out to log into Quickbooks Payroll. Takes me about 15 minutes every other week. I highly recommend this it's affordable and it actually works.

Pros
Easy to use, Does exactly what I need it to do.

Cons
Sometimes it has weird Defaults I'm sure it's an operator error but I know how to get around them now so it's not a big deal.

Response from Duoserve

Thank you for your review Keli. You can use Parallels on Mac to run TimeFlow. Many of our users do that.

Anonymous

Excellent punch clock, excellent value

Reviewed 2017-03-22

Pros
I have used the Duoserve Timeflow app for many years now, and it is very helpful and easy to use. All of my employees find it very convenient. It is quick for them to punch in and out, but it also has many reports which they can run themselves. As the manager, this app gives me good tracking capability of each employee, they punctuality, sick time, vacation time (paid and unpaid) and probably more. Also, editing punches for when people forget is quick and painless. A+

Cons
I would like to see more customization in the future. The product has remained largely unchanged in the 5+ years I've been using it.

Rafael Morales

Excellent, Easy to use, Employee Time-keeping

Reviewed 2017-01-31

We are a small business with 5 employees. From installation to implementation, TimeFlow has been absolutely amazing and painless. Customer Service was very responsive and helpful when we ran into a bump during installation. We installed on a Windows 7 PC, no issues, it has been running without a problem for years now. Employee punching in and out is super easy, especially for those that are not computer-savvy.

Pros
Easy to Use Value for the cost Easy installation Helpful customer service and quick support

Cons
Takes some time to learn all the features, but it's down more to the individual user than the app itself

Daniel K

It is Now Updated and Works Much Better!

Reviewed 2016-06-17

TimeFlow software has a simple step by step installation. It works on most modern machines. Both expert computer wizards and novices can install the software and adding employees to start accounting for their work sign in and sign out is very easy. The newly updated software is secure and safe and this gives users peace of mind.

Pros
Add convenience in the workplace. Both employers and employees find it resourceful. Offers ability to keep up with everything employee managers need to know about their employees during the work hours. Increases productivity

Cons
Vendors of the software take long to update their stuffs. There is no timely update when required unless creators of this software begin now.

Kayla Lybrand

I use TimeFlow daily as an admin and usually have no qualms.

Reviewed 2018-01-25

Pros
I like that you are able to run reports, and easily edit clock in/out times. I also like how the types of clock ins are separated by vacation, holiday, sick, etc.

Cons
I do not like that when changing the date for a holiday or vacation day, you have to move it from "approved" to "pending" then back to "approved." As the admin, you should be able to change it without any errors. I also do not like that I cannot run an annual report. I do not like the discrepancies between reports as far as how OT is accrued with sick days/holidays/vacation. One report will include those hours in the OT accrual (which is inaccurate), and the other does not.

John Chan

Excellent Cheap Time Keeping Software

Reviewed 2016-06-16

We have used this software for more than 6 years and so far we are very happy with it because we have a small number of employee (less than 10) and do not need a very expensive software. This software works extremely well for the price. I would recommend any employer who does not want to spend a lot of money and find a software who can do the job. On top of it we do not have to pay monthly fee.

Pros
Ease of use, no monthly fee and very reasonable price.

Cons
I really do not see any. I just use this to keep track of the hours of a few employees.

Kim Kellogg

Good Service

Reviewed 2017-01-05

I have always had good feedback and help when requested. Good value for what you get. It took me a bit to learn the Time Flow system, but once learned was very easy to use.

Pros
Easy to use and download at any given time.

Cons
Can be confusing at times on how to change or alter employees punches.

Response from Duoserve

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you find TimeFlow simple to use and user friendly, as well as being a good value for the price. We welcome any and all feedback about features you would like to see, and you can always submit any suggestions through our support forum.

Petrina Harget

TimeFlow not working due to Technical issues, resolved quick and courteously. incentive for review

Reviewed 2017-12-11

Quick and easy way to implement in and out times of all our employees. Great aid in doing payroll

Pros
Simple system for employees to locate their name and put in their password. Also the in and out boxed feature helps to prevent errors. Adjustments can also be make easily if there is an error.

Cons
Overall we have had no real problems. Possibly if the in and out time boxes were highlighted differently or if the time after you hit enter on the box was a bit quicker it would prevent some issues.

Angie Fugere

A good program for keeping track of employee hours

Reviewed 2017-07-10

Employees can be in charge of tracking their hours rather than supervisors, then administrator just needs to run report to verify hours

Pros
Can run reports, can install on multiple machines and data syncs up, easy to make time sheet corrections

Cons
Reports can be difficult to run (date ranges inaccurate); user interface can be slightly complex for our company's needs; clock in/clock out buttons have low contrast - can be confusing and employees will accidentally clock in/out twice in a row, throws off time sheets

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Carrie Holden

Works for what we need

Reviewed 2019-03-14

Pros
We only use the timeclock feature and this makes it easier to track attendance. The application is easy for employees to use, and it allows them to track their own hours. If you need account information, it is easily accessible online in my account.

Cons
It can be cumbersome to adjust employee times when errors occur. An easier employer view would be more welcome. Customer service only accessible online. It is difficult to get someone on the phone. Response time for requests submitted online can be variable. It would be helpful if more payment options existed. A mobile application is preferred.

Katrina Whetten

Generally, we really like it. Simple. Easy to use. However, ability to reach support is a major con.

Reviewed 2018-01-31

Simple, Cost Effective, Very few complications. We just need more helpful and responsive customer service when a complication does arise...especially on the phone. Thanks!

Pros
The software is simple and easy to use. Very few problems in that regard. Good options available. Fairly dependable.

Cons
It is Very difficult/almost impossible to get a hold of anyone there on the phone to assist when complications or questions arise. Experience difficulty when needing to transfer DuoServe to a new computer.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Micah Carver

Excellent Time Keeping Software

Reviewed 2017-03-23

Our medical practice transitioned from an old time clock, with its propensity for errors (user and otherwise) to TimeFlow at the beginning on 2015. It has been a success across the board - from correcting an employee's time when they neglect to clock in or out, to running payroll reports, approving time off, etc. It's easy to set up, easy to use, and very easy to maintain. We're tremendously pleased with TimeFlow, and I highly recommend it.

Pros
Ease of use - from the setup to day to day functionality.

Cons
I'd like to be able to alphabetize my employee list, especially as new employees are added.

Response from Duoserve

Thank you for your review. We are glad TimeFlow replaced a system that wasn't working well for you. We look forward to serving you in the years to come.

Megan Parker

Excellent Program

Reviewed 2018-06-15

Easy to use. Can put all employees in and change as needed. Can track time efficiently and effectively.

Pros
This program is easy to use. Works well for our small business. Has just the right amount of functions for us to have productive use of a time clock for payroll purposes.

Cons
I am hard pressed to find something that I do not like about this program. We use it with no complaints in our office. We were provided an incentive for this review.

Marc Pearce

We saved time AND money using TimeFlow - it works perfectly with our remote work locations.

Reviewed 2018-01-25

Pros
Ease of use, simple to understand - nice user interface. Reports were also nice to read and review. This product has helped us facilitate working with employees from anywhere - allowing us to manage the timesheets and deal with payroll from anywhere!

Cons
I don't think there are any cons. It would be nice if it would notify or send text/email to remind user to punch in or out - some users always forget to clock out...!

Mike Davis

Duoserve Timekeeping Software Review

Reviewed 2016-06-15

We have used Duoserve for seven years and are very satisfied with the ease of use, accuracy, and functionality of the software.

Pros
The software is user-friendly and requires virtually no explanation for new employees to begin using.

Cons
The only issue we have had is transferring the software from one computer to another (e.g. during computing upgrades).

Richard Koelling

IT professional that uses this software for clients looking for a reliable, easy to use timeclock

Reviewed 2018-02-08

I like the incentive program, where I receive something from Duoserve, but honestly, I would recommend the software even if there was no incentive, its a good product at a reasonable price.

Pros
It's reliability, rarely has issues, always available. I have clients that have been using the software for over a decade, still happy with it.

Response from Duoserve

We are glad that you as an IT person find this software a good fit for your clients, and that you tye have not had many issues for over a decade.

Diane Beckham

Makes payroll a breeze

Reviewed 2016-06-15

We use this product for recording timesheets for our two employees. It is very basic but does just what I need it to do. Easy to install, VERY easy to use, and makes processing payroll a breeze!

Pros
Ease of use, easy installation

Cons
This product must be installed on each computer, so you can't access the timesheets wirelessly from a different location.

Joslynn Gerber

Makes keeping up with the hours easy and accurate. It is easy to learn and print out required report

Reviewed 2018-01-26

The easy clock in and out and submitted payroll reports for payroll.

Pros
Easy for employees to clock in and out. Easy to pay for holidays and sick days. I like how all the type of paydays are separated.

Cons
Not much I don't like about the software. No complaints as of yet. The only issue is when there is a server problem and the employees cannot clock in or out. But is simply corrected by reinstalling the software.

Jarid Yanos

We switched from Paper Cards and a timeclock to TimeFlow and its much easier for everyone.

Reviewed 2018-01-26

Faster payroll every week. We no longer have to calculate manual time cards and add everyone's hours together.

Pros
The user interface is easy, and easy to override or manage if necessary. The ability to utilized holidays, vacations, and normal working periods creates a very easy payroll day.

Cons
There is not a way to separate individual jobs out during a person's clocked in period (This isnt a HUGE deal though)

Sherry Smith

Overall Good Program

Reviewed 2017-01-09

The program is overall functional and certainly gets the job done. It is slightly difficult to train new people on the admin function - it's not immediately clear how to pull down employee records, but we are not displeased with this program and will continue to use it. Customer service is always very helpful with any issue we've ever had and displays courtesy, patience, and good communication skills every time we've called in.

Pros
Good customer service.

Cons
User interface slightly non-intuitive.

lisa chafee

Basic and Easy

Reviewed 2019-03-14

good customer service

Pros
TimFflow is a nice and simple online time clock. If you dont want a lot of bells and whistles this would be a great product. We went from employees signing in/out on paper to this online system and I'm so glad we did. Printing reports for payroll is fast and easy.

Cons
When you have to clock someone in because they forgot...the steps aren't smooth