TimeForge Logo

TimeForge

Smart tools for busy people.

TimeForge Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.24/10

Reviews by rating

Easy to use, tech support is very responsive and helpful, I enjoy the program and would recommend to others.
Helps keep track of our labor percentage real time so we are far more proactive in decision making. Excellent help desk that gets back to you.
Dislike that it has very limited access through mobile.
We also lost a few of our main reporting functions for new hires.
There is no API yet (it is coming) so makes integration a little clunky.

RC

Ronni C.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Much needed system to manage employees & payroll in today's business world

The process has taken several months to complete, but it was needed to understand all the steps and to not overwhelm the managers and the employees.....and myself honestly. I had weekly web meetings with [sensitive content hidden] and he was great. We started with just having the employees get accustomed to the new time clock. For a few weeks they clocked into the old time clocks and the new fingerprint...

Pros

TimeForge allows us to manage our scheduling, employee attendance, employee requests off, real time labor percentages, and sales projections all in one system. Our manager time needed to complete all of this is being reduced as the managers become more comfortable and knowledgeable with the system. We are coming from an old school time clock system where employees used time cards to punch in and...

Cons

Initially, what I was worried about was the cost. While we did have a discount because we are members of Associated Wholesale Grocers, being an independent grocer in rural areas makes any extra costs a deterrent as an owner. However, once I completed the training process with [sensitive content hidden] (who was wonderful) and the managers were trained, we will pay for the service with the savings in my and the managers' time and with the increased real time data available to use labor hours when they are actually needed. What started out as a "con" has turned into a "pro" with measurable savings.

JG

Jess G.

Makes Life Easier for Mid-Size Family Business

It has made us more organized and efficient and helped us to keep in touch with our employees easily.

Pros

Employees can see their schedule and request time off and paid time off from their app. Managers have employee contact info at their fingertips without seeing other sensitive info. Exports hours easily to our payroll provider. Automatically tracks, deducts, and reloads PTO on employee's anniversary date by employee classification.

Cons

I would like the fields to be wider in employee information tab so I can see all the info better.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review, Jess! I've passed your suggestions on to our development team, but in the meantime, we just want to say that we appreciate your feedback, and we're glad to hear that TimeForge has been a worthwhile investment for your organization.

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Saves time!

Love that it makes employee scheduling easier and less time consuming than doing it manually.

Pros

It saves time for typical HR tasks such as scheduling and time management.

Cons

Dislike that it has very limited access through mobile.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review of TimeForge! We took your feedback into account over the past several versions of our applications and we'd love for you to give us another shot. We think you'll love the mobile responsiveness of the platform these days, but would appreciate any feedback you've got - customers like you are what makes us better! Thanks again.

AK

Adam K.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Ray's Apple Market Experience

TimeForge is a homerun if you are looking for functionality and to save time. The support is top-notch as well. Thank you TimeForge for your partnership.

Pros

I think for me is the ease of use, I have cut down the hours of writing schedules from 3-4 hours to about 1 to 2 hours. This allows me to compare sales to the hours used in real time instead of after the fact.

Cons

The only negative I would say is that when you are in writing schedules it pulls you from the section you are working on and refreshes it and puts you at the top of the application.

JS

Joe S.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Time Forge Review

WE were wasting a ton of money on employees taking longer than scheduled breaks. Also we did not have a system to track PTO efficiently and with Time Forge we have that in place now.

Pros

The Program is very easy to use and was very easy to roll out. There was nothing complicated about program at all. IF three were questions the support staff was always willing to do anything needed to resolve any issue that may arise.

Cons

There was only one feature that could be better and that was the ability slid schedules on a schedule bar to accept the changes that needed to be made on a schedule. Everything else works GREAT!

Joe - thank you for the kind words! We appreciate your feedback on the scheduling slider - have you seen the new slide-around-shift tool? We've asked your team lead to contact you and walk you through how to use it - we think it's a game-changer (but we're pretty biased!) We'd love your feedback to see if it does what you need. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out to support@timeforge.com with any suggestions on how we can continue to improve our platform. Thanks again!

TB

Tessa B.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Fantastic team & product!

We could not have had a better implementation team! As we were a startup, opening a Kitchen & Market mid pandemic, we had a lot of ground to cover. We are so grateful to have [SENSITIVE CONTENT] on our side leading the charge with our implementation. They are team players and go above and beyond to ensure for seamless experience. We could not have asked for anyone better. Not only that, they are a blast to work with! Thank you!

Pros

TimeForge is intuitive and extremely user friendly. We love the AI technology that helps us make timely data driven decisions on one of our highest operating expenses. Labor scheduling and management can be very complex. We appreciate all the automated features that helps us stay aware of our blind spots and keeps us focused on our Guests. We also love that we can automate and track progress on punch lists, take performance notes, manage our food safety certifications by shift and more! It's evident that this software was built with the end user in mind.

Cons

None- the software met and exceeded our expectations

Tessa - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback tells us that we're doing it right, and that's the best feeling in the world! We work hard to over-deliver and we're grateful that you feel we've done that. We've passed along your shout-out to your team lead, and we know they'll appreciate your kind words. If you have any other thoughts on what we can do to better serve you, we'd love to hear it at support@timeforge.com. We grow because of feedback from experienced retailers like you - it's how we're able to help so many businesses overcome HR & Ops challenges. Thanks again!

TF

Tommy F.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Timeforge is worth the money.

Over all Timeforge is the best, and is the easiest software to use. I have tried others but by far its the best.

Pros

The best thing about the software is the ease of doing payroll, and the way it keeps employees from punching in early trying to get overtime.

Cons

The finger print reader doesn't work for everbody. Also the break punch in and out doesn't work right.

Thanks so much for your feedback, Tommy! We're humbled by your praise, and we appreciate your letting us know about your difficulties with the timeclock. We usually find that a couple of people per location have fingertips that are too callused or smooth to be understood by a scanner, but there are a few things we can do to help alleviate that and make it easier for employees to clock in/out. I've...

KM

Kaitlyn M.

Supermarkets, 501-1,000 employees

Time Forge Review

My experience has been great.

Pros

The customer service is amazing. If I run into an issue, I can reach out to them and they are always willing to help. Payroll is a breeze and I love all the reports I can generate from it. PTO tracking is my favorite part, it's very easy to use and helps me keep track of all the employees we have.

Cons

I haven't come across anything I didn't like, but maybe new reports or reports that could pull the unreportable data in there would be nice like dates.

Thank you so much for letting us know how we stack up, Kaitlyn - and for sharing with us your favorite part of TimeForge! We'll keep doing our best to provide you with amazing customer service, and if there are any specific reports you'd like to see, please don't hesitate to let us know.

AS

Aaron S.

Time Forge - Easy to use for Time, Attendance and Scheduling

Timeforge jumped in to help when our prior time keeping program failed. They were quick to respond and help us with putting a time and attendance program in place. They have have great customer service and answer all of my teams question in a timely manner. Their development staff has been great in helping us through the on boarding of Timeforge and molding it to best fit our needs.

Pros

It is easy to use and almost plug and play. Customer Service is top notch and quick to respond. Very customizable for your needs

Cons

Too many available reports and can be a struggle to find the specific one you are looking for.

Thanks so much for the kind words, Aaron! We're humbled by your feedback and definitely appreciate your comments on our reporting module. TimeForge adds new reports based on what customers need, and because of that, the list of available reports continues to grow all the time. Reading your (and others') feedback, we can see where you're coming from and the need to make some changes on how reports are presented. Internally, we've started planning out some updates to make our reporting features more approachable for new users. We've also notified your TimeForge team lead to make sure we address any difficulties ASAP. If you have any other thoughts on what we can do to improve our software, we'd love to hear them at support@timeforge.com. Thanks again!

BS

Bernadette S.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Excellent Customer Service!

I love the reports you can run, and it saves me so much time.

Pros

I love that I can always get a hold of a knowledgeable IT person. He is prompt in answering my email/calls and always walks me through any issues I run across.

Cons

I would like for the App to have a messaging system directly.

Thank you for your review, Bernadette! I've passed your feedback on to our team and let our support desk know that they've got another fan. :) If you have any other suggestions, especially for using TimeForge in a veterinary context, please don't hesitate to drop us a line! We're always interested in how we can better serve other industries.

MM

Melissa M.

Great platform

Overall experience with TimeForge has been fantastic, I can't say enough about the team. They readily jump in to help with any issues we have and overall made this a very smooth transition. This was a drastic change for our company to say the least and they really worked to make it seamless.

Pros

The integration of the program was excellent. I really enjoy the ability to view each store easily as a snapshot, the reporting functions are incredibly helpful, and I love that we can focus on labor tracking and scheduling.

Cons

This was a big integration for our company, and we were able to combine a few platforms which was great. The issue with combining multiple platforms is that sometimes you lose features that you enjoyed. We have a few areas that are lacking as we moved from a LMS to an HRIS system which changed the amount of interaction on the hiring side. We also lost a few of our main reporting functions for new hires. The TimeForge team has been extremely helpful though in working to find solutions.

Thank you so much for leaving us such a detailed and thoughtful review, Melissa! We're humbled by your praise, and it's been an absolute pleasure serving you during your big transition. We'll keep doing our best to make sure you always have a great experience with TimeForge!

AS

Ally S.

Restaurants, 501-1,000 employees

TimeForge for Restaurants

TimeForge has been a massive help when it came to training and on boarding. They have continued their support throughout our entire engagement with them and have always stepped up to the plate to help us with anything we need.

Pros

TimeForge has been a game changer in our company with scheduling and labour management. It is allowed us to refine our processes for scheduling and to assess business volume levels right down to the details we were never able to get to you previously.

Cons

The training curve can be a bit longer for new team members and for the management level. But once they understand the software it is a game changer.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review, Ally! We're so grateful that you found us a decade ago and trusted us to help your teams. We definitely appreciate your comment on the training curve and internally, we've already been working on some updates to guide new users through the application more smoothly (so that they can get to the "game changer" level asap!). If you or your team have any other thoughts on what we can do to improve our software or service, we'd love to hear them at support@timeforge.com (or reach out to your team lead, of course!). You've always taken the time to share feedback and ideas with us, and we are so much better for it. Thanks again!

RE

Robert E.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

TimeForge for the win!

The TimeForge team is a very attentive and customer-focused operation. There was never an issue that they haven't resolved for us in a timely manner. They are always looking for ways to improve their product for each customer's individual needs.

Pros

TimeForge's UI is very user-friendly. It's very easy to learn and teach to others. We have always seen accurate reporting and forecasting with this product and I would recommend it to anyone.

Cons

The only negative feedback that I can provide would be around enterprise-wide messaging. I would like to see more granularity in messaging recipients. The only options are to send to the whole company or individually pick the stores/roles I need to contact.

Robert - thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day to leave us a review! We really appreciate it. We also wanted to let you know that your feedback about messaging was received and passed on to the appropriate team. If you can think of any other areas for improvement, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@timeforge.com. We value your feedback and welcome it anytime.

KA

Kris A.

Supermarkets, 10,001+ employees

Wonderful Scheduling and Attendance Tool

Pros

The best part of the software is the intuitive nature of the UI and the mobile experience. Gives the user exactly what they need and want by role!

Cons

Dynamic reporting was the biggest opportunity; however, the new reporting tool is outstanding!

Thank you so much for your feedback, Kris! We're so happy that you're enjoying the software and that it's working well for you. If you can think of anything we could be doing better, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@timeforge.com.

AN

Adam N.

TimeForge makes Time and Attendance easy

Our old Time and Attendance system was unreliable. Also, all it did was keep up with employee attendance. You weren't able to schedule, keep track of PTO, forecast sales, and many other things. All of these were fixed by switching to TimeForge.

Pros

Employees particularly like to see what their estimated paycheck will be based on what they have worked. Management finds making schedules and keeping up with PTO and attendance to be easier than other programs we have used in the past. Integration into our POS to enable sales forecasting was simple and non-invasive. I would recommend TimeForge to anyone looking for a Scheduling, PTO tracking, or Time and Attendance system.

Cons

The only improvement I would recommend would be communication in the app. It would be useful to be able to send messages to employees and have them reply directly to them through the app or website.

Adam - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We're humbled by your kind words and definitely appreciate your comments on the ability to reply to messages from the mobile app. That's an improvement we've had slated on the roadmap and we look forward to releasing that with the next major updates to the mobile apps. We've also notified your TimeForge team lead to make sure we show...

AC

Anthony C.

Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 employees

Support for the system is great!

Pros

Easy to use with a lot of reporting options.

Cons

There are some steps in building schedules that are a bit redundant but working with the support team we were able to find a solution to reduce some of the steps to create good schedules.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you find TimeForge easy to use - we work hard to make sure it saves time and headaches with employee scheduling, retention, and timekeeping! Thanks also for investing the effort to work with our support team to reduce the schedule-creation steps in your process. We know you have options and we're grateful that you and your team choose to continue engaging with this platform. As always, let us know if there's anything more we can do for you - we're committed to helping the hospitality industry operate effectively, efficiently, and profitably!

js

james s.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

It's been great!

Pros

Real time updates in sales and attendance.

Cons

flexibility with overtime hours/split shifts

James - thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We greatly appreciate your feedback and definitely understand your comments on the overtime/split scenario you run into. We've asked your TimeForge team lead to make sure we address any difficulties ASAP and to put together a plan to ensure it's more flexible for you moving forward - we've already been working on two projects that should help in the mid- and long-term. If you have any other thoughts on what we can do to improve our software, we'd love to hear them at support@timeforge.com. Thanks again!

JB

Jill B.

Highly Effective and User Friendly

Pros

Easy to create schedules and disseminate pertinent information to staff.

Cons

Not that I can think of right now. Glad the classic view of the schedules is still there, because I'm not as fond of the new view.

Jill - thank you so much for the kind words! We so appreciate the feedback and look forward to continuing to serve you and your team. As always, please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything more we can do for you.

MJ

Meghan J.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Great System!!

Great experience! Easy to work with and support is easy to work with also.

Pros

I like that the all in one aspect of this system and the customer support.

Cons

I really don't have any cons with the system.

Meghan - thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so glad to hear that you like our customer support - we work hard to make sure our team of rockstars are helping you problem-solve quickly and effectively. We know you have options and we're grateful that you and your team choose to continue engaging with TimeForge. As always, let us know if there's anything more we can do for you - we're committed to helping our F&B labor management customers operate as profitably and efficiently as possible!

MF

Mara F.

Restaurants, 501-1,000 employees

TimeForge for the win!

The TimeForge team has been amazing and very supportive. They truly understand the needs of a restaurant company. We had a very tight timeline to make some big transitions and they have been with us every step of the way. SHOUT OUT to [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from the implementation team - he has worked tirelessly to make stuff happen, come up with creative solutions and help us make strategic decisions.

Pros

labor optimization, ats and onboarding in one place, employee profiles, employees can re set their own passwords, multiple scheduling functions to support fair work week, lots of customization options to fir our business needs.

Cons

There is no API yet (it is coming) so makes integration a little clunky.

Thank you so much for your feedback, Mara! We're glad we were able to pull through for you, and we'll keep doing our best to provide top-notch support. :)

JK

Jody K.

Retail, 201-500 employees

Great business to partner up with!

Pros

We love the new online boarding feature for adding new team members. Timeforge is our filing cabinet and now we can fully say this is paperless for us!

Cons

It's not on them missing anything, it would be us not having the time we want to dig into it sometimes.

Thank you, Jody! We deeply appreciate your taking the time to review our software, and we're so pleased that you're happy with our onboarding features. We know there's a lot to dig into, and we'll keep doing our best to make things simple and more intuitive.

Julia S.

Retail, 51-200 employees

My experience using Timeforge for a year

Our relationship with TimeForge is great, I really do appreciate the quick response time and thorough help we get from our representative, [sensitive content hidden].

Pros

I especially appreciate the customer service experience from Timeforge. I always get a speedy response and know I can rely on our representative at Timeforge and depend on him to answer any questions or solve any issues that arise.

Cons

I wish that Timeforge and ADP were one complete software that could speak to each other rather than having to upload a file from Timeforge into ADP and having to ensure that everything flows smoothly from one software into the other.

It's our pleasure to serve you, Julia! We're glad to hear that after a year, we're still delivering the quick turnaround times and thorough support you've come to expect. We'll keep doing our best!

GW

Glen W.

TimeForge Review

Overall, we had a great experience with TimeForge. We used their software to lower our expenses and more closely track time and attendance. I definitely recommend TimeForge!

Pros

Personally, I really liked the sales forecasting tool. We were able to use this to help our managers create weekly schedules and enforce a labor cost percentage.

Cons

We are comfortable with the functionality and it met out needs.

Glen - thank you so much for the kind words! We so appreciate your feedback!

JT

Jennifer T.

Supermarkets, 1,001-5,000 employees

Leave tracking

I specifically use it to track employees for leaves, going out on leave, coming back on leave and tracking the protected leave hours.

Pros

It is easy to use once it is set up and some training was given

Cons

Its a bit time consuming to get all the leaves and tracking inputted

Jennifer, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review here! We appreciate your feedback around administratively inputting each leave to track - we've passed your insight along to your team lead and to the product team to see how we can help partners like you to track leaves more efficiently. Please continue to share any ideas about improvements to the product better at support@timeforge.com - And thanks again!

Retail, 1-10 employees

TimeForge Works! It's Cost Effective and Support is Great.

The Team at TimeForge is great. [sensitive content hidden], the Onboarding and Training Team are great to work with. They understand retail needs and retail users. Their Service and Support is great. We like the software and the people.

Pros

Employee Scheduling can be complex to set-up, on-board and train users to use, but the Team at TimeForge knows retail, designed the system for retail users to be easy to use and the schedules are very accurate. When I compared the features, functions, on-boarding Support and cost... TimeForge Wins!

Cons

No Scheduling system is perfect but TimeForge works, easily adapts to user needs. Because it's fit-for-purpose in retail and and the workflow makes sense it makes it easy to implement.

Thank you so much for leaving a review of our software! It's our pleasure to serve the retail industry, and we love helping our retail customers achieve their goals!