TrackSmart Attendance Reviews

TrackSmart Attendance

Online Time & Attendance Software for Small Businesses

4.25/5 (173 reviews)

Pros
  • This is helpful when they wish to request time off and/or see what their schedule will be like. It is very easy, straightforward and accessible to all.Lisa M.Read the full review
  • I t would be great if they would make an accurate payroll report so users don't have to extract records manually and work in Excel, but other than that it's a solid product for a great price.Jim L.Read the full review
  • This has been a great tool for our Company, easy to use and very cost effective. Our employees find this a very useful tool for requesting time off.Carol A.Read the full review
Cons
  • This was exactly what we needed - no more and no less. Other systems will build so much more into the platform than necessary, confusing employees and supervisors alike.Jessie K.Read the full review
  • We pay bi-monthly so this has messed up some hourly workers - for example if an employee takes 5 days off and it starts on the 14th and ends on the 19th - all of the time off will go onto the 14th.Tara S.Read the full review
  • Which happen after they changes s program. The problem still after a year was not fix with using google cell phones.THERESA C.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Ben McClure

Very simple to use and a great way to track approvals for time off

Reviewed 2018-03-31

Pros
Simple interface, an end user really only needs to use a single screen with a basic form on it which creates a new request. On the same screen, you can see your existing requests and whether they're approved or not. The ability to notify another email address about time off requests is handy (for a spouse for instance).

Cons
The feature set is basic (though this may be all that most people need). The interface is functional, but not very pretty.

Miriam Clemente

An HR Solution for Timesheets and Time Tracking!

Reviewed 2016-12-02

I tested TrackSmart for about a year before selecting it from among several others as our HR solution. It was the most fitting to our needs, our users didn't need any formal training in order to be able to use it, the price was within our budget, and we were finally able to do away with unsigned, handwritten timesheets. As a bonus, timesheets would now follow a proper review and approval process, and there is even a free downloadable app for users to be able to complete timesheets and request time off. However, TrackSmart still has much room to grow, as many items we've been requiring of our ideal HR solution are still missing here. In particular, I have requested a field in each user's time bank to show how many vacation/sick/PTO/etc. they have for the year in total, as the program will only show you what you have accrued/available and what has been used, but no total of how much you will accrue for the year as a whole. It also does not automatically calculate California daily overtime, so our California timesheets must be manually calculated each week. Would also love to have a section on each user's dashboard for links to external websites and where documents may be uploaded to be shared with users upon login. The great thing is, through communication with TrackSmart's customer support team, they have been responsive in listening to their users and implementing changes as they are made aware of user needs. All in all, with what TrackSmart currently delivers, and the promise of more great features to come, I am super pleased with the application and look forward to the future of our HR needs becoming easier to manage and track. Thanks!

Pros
Timesheet approval, detailed setup of time banks (PTO, Vacation, Sick, etc.), calendar option on the dashboard.

Cons
1 - Does not calculate daily overtime for California timesheets. 2 - No way of knowing how many Vacation/sick/PTO/etc. days in total you are allowed to receive for the year (only able to view what has been accrued/available and what has been used). 3 - Timesheets may only be saved/printed individually, not as a group.

Jenny Blakeney

Easy Way to Keep Track of Attendance

Reviewed 2020-07-16

We know longer have a paper system for time off or the problem of who asked for time off first. TrackSmart sends an email when time is requested so there is a digital record of when it was done.

Pros
I love that our employees can see the company calendar and see who is going to be gone on certain days so they'll know if they can be gone or not. I also really like that everyone can see how much time they've used and how much time they have left to use.

Cons
I really wish there was a feature to put approved time to an Outlook calendar. I approve time off and have to put it on the Executive's calendar, so I'm basically putting the information in two places. Although he also has access to TrackSmart, it's easier for him just to check his Outlook.

Jocelyn Kahn

Convenient and affordable, but unreliable

Reviewed 2016-12-02

The first couple of years this worked well, which was great since it's considerably less costly than most systems. However, during the past year an update was made to their system, and several times since, there have been random changes made to the numbers of hours that had been entered. The first time this happened, I thought I had done something. But the second time it happened, I started browsing their Help section, and there was a section saying that this had occurred due to an upgrade they'd done. I give their customer support 2 stars because I think this should have been sent out as an announcement as soon as it happened, rather than keeping this info buried in their help section. Also, the last (third time) this happened, when I contacted their support, I was told the problem had been "all fixed," when of course it had not. We are a small nonprofit so probably cannot afford a different system. Hopefully, they can at some point resolve this bug in their system. If they do, I would recommend the system as efficient and cost-effective. In the meantime, luckily, I always make sure figures in the system are accurate and make a hard copy a couple of days prior to the new year and a couple of days after so I have something solid to check against when these system errors arise.

Pros
It's easy to enter information and generate reports for a cost-effective fee compared to other systems.

Cons
It has been very unreliable due to a bug in the system which periodically causes it to arbitrarily change the number of hours that had been entered.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Sean Goins

Great product... could use some improvements

Reviewed 2016-12-14

I've loved the TrackSmart product since incorporating into our business. However, the one thing the product is lacking is real-time (database) synchronization with Outlook Calendars. Because we use Outlook so heavily in regards to the different calendars we utilized from an organization standpoint, it would be nice if our TrackSmart attendance data would sync with Outlook in this regard. For example, one of the calendars we use in-house is a field operations calendar. Because there are so many people in the mix when scheduling/planning field operations, the one thing that's always missed is to see who is on vacation. What we have to do is have a separate "vacation" calendar within Outlook so people can overlay this with the field ops calendar so they don't schedule someone who is on vacation. This works, except for when someone forgets to put someone or themselves on the vacation calendar. With TrackSmart being centrally managed, it would be real nice if the attendance data entered into it would sync with our vacation calendar so they match. This would result in us not having those "uh-oh" moments because data was entered into one but not the other... it happens. If you guys could figure this out, you would have a 5-star rating across the board.

Pros
Ease of use and overall look & feel of website/product. Flexible pricing plans.

Cons
No Outlook sync feature so in-house calendars match what is on TrackSmart.

Kathleen Littleton

Fischer Connectors - Awesome Experience

Reviewed 2016-12-02

We needed a solution to the paper tracking of PTO. After some research, TrackSmart was selected for a few reasons. First, the set up was easy from the start. Second, training was a breeze for our staff and everyone could use the app right away after the initial set up. I used the 30-day trial to test and worked with TrackSmart with questions. I knew after a week that we would benefit from this service. There is no another company out there (at the time of my membership) that fit the bill as far as price, service and overall options. I would recommend TrackSmart to any company that needs a solid and proven application for PTO tracking.

Pros
Ease of use, reporting structure, price, customer service

Cons
It would be good to know when any upgrades happen so companies can make sure they have downloaded accurate records prior to the upgrade. We had an issue with an upgrade that messed up our PTO totals. It took some time but we worked with TrackSmart to resolve.

Tara Sargent

Tracksmart Attendance - needs some feature updates

Reviewed 2018-05-24
Review Source: Software Advice

We have not noticed any updates to Tracksmart since we began using it 3 years ago. I am considering looking for something else.

Pros
We have been using Track Smart for 3 years. Generally it is easy for employees to enter time and PTOs. The reports are ok.

Cons
If there is a change to be made, all employees have to come to the administrator to make the change. I wish we could eliminate all the extra banks of time... we only use PTO so I have to go in a manage it every month if the supervisors don't select the correct bank. PTOs for time off are counted on the first day of the time off. We pay bi-monthly so this has messed up some hourly workers - for example if an employee takes 5 days off and it starts on the 14th and ends on the 19th - all of the time off will go onto the 14th. The Supervisors do not receive notification when a time sheet is submitted.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

parul khunger

Keeping tack of employees not that easy

Reviewed 2018-12-10

Pros
Now when i got responsibility as a shift in-charge, it was very difficult to keep track of every employee as this is not a school. This software has reduced my headache a lot. Employee can download the app in their phones and complete attendance anywhere and request offs as well. It can send alerts in email form. You can see the over time shift availability and swap with other employees also. It has a demo mode so that new person can learn the functions.

Cons
We cannot see that how many leaves are left in you account. You can get email alerts but not in text message form. It is easier for employees but its administrator part is little complicated.

Roy Bennett

A great upgrade for our company. Saves us money on what we were paying and has more functionality.

Reviewed 2018-03-21

Affordable time tracking and compliance software

Pros
The included options are great as far as being able to assign supervisors/teams/locations. The summary screen is helpful when running payroll. Adding new employees or editing them is simple and quick.

Cons
The notifications could be better when someone has submitted their time. Have to go to different screens to see completed shifts versus an in progress one. Not handy for an employee to submit a punch correction, to a supervisor to approve

Keytiana Hempstead

Useful for any Company

Reviewed 2019-01-03

Pros
I really enjoy this software. Previous to this, I used Google Calendars and Excel and sent it out to employees/contractors but you always ran the risk of someone not paying attention or not reading it thoroughly. This made my life ten times easier.

Cons
I love it and my employees and contractors also love it.

Alyson McMahon

Tracking Attendance, Days off & such has NEVER been easier!

Reviewed 2019-01-23

If you're looking for an efficient and simple way to track attendance, know which employees are on the clock in real time, know exactly how many hours someone has worked all with a couple of clicks (and SO much more info right at your fingertips), then you've got to check out TrackSmart. You honestly won't believe how simple your life will be and how much time you'll save!

Pros
The ability to track schedules, easily swap employee shifts and even create recurring schedules are the three things I value most about TrackSmart. Of the software I've used, TrackSmart absolutely makes things easiest and is by far the fastest to learn.

Cons
I can't even think of a single thing that I dislike about TrackSmart. The one time I couldn't figure something out, Customer Support was so quick to respond and knew exactly how to help me within less than a minute.

Kathleen Malek

TrackSmart makes HR a breeze!

Reviewed 2016-12-14

TrackSmart has vastly improved our PTO system. Gone are the days of manually tracking on excel spreadsheets, countless disputes from employees who think their balance should be higher than what it is and so on. The only thing I REALLY wish I could do on TrackSmart is load PTO banks for the coming year before the year starts (i.e. I wish I could load the 2017 time banks and approve 2017 time off requests... instead they just have to sit as pending until after 1/1/2017).

Pros
Employees can keep track of their own PTO balances rather than dispute with managers. They can also see their balances so it reduces the number of inquiries management receives.

Cons
Inability to load next year's time bank before the year hits.

Stacey Greer

Great Software, Updates would make it even better

Reviewed 2017-01-05

I use track smart for our business of 50 employees. It has freed up time for processing and tracking vacation accruals for sure. It also makes it a breeze to see who else is off when you receive a vacation request. Potential conflicts or other company events that may be going on. This is wonderful and leaves little room for conflicting vacation schedules. One improvement that could be made to make life easier for the admin is to have each employees time off bank balances show on the employee list screen. So that I don't have to research each employee individually to find balances. A quick glance at the employee screen for that important info would be great! Otherwise a great software.

Pros
How easy it is for employees to input their requests

Cons
Managers cannot edit or adjust their employee requests for them.

Tammy Dupree

TrackSmart Attendance

Reviewed 2017-06-07

It's a great place to enter all my employees and keep tracking of who is here and who is not and why.

Pros
Easy to use for the most part. It's fairly user friendly and it's easy to understand how to mark an employee

Cons
Stalls a lot and the customer service reps just seem to blame my computer for that, even though my other visits to websites don't have the same issues. Also has some glitches. I also wish I could create some of my own categories. If the glitches were gone, I could create my own category and it didn't stall so much I would absolutely love it.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kris Hart

Tracksmart Review

Reviewed 2016-12-02

Really like the program. Like that our employees can submit PTO requests to their supervisors for approval and that they can also track how much PTO they have used and have remaining. allowing employees the ability to track their own time off save our HR department a lot of time. It would be nice if we could delete the time off banks that we do not use. we have been using this system for the last couple of years and our employees seem to really like it , previously we had a manual system using a Excel spreadsheet. this is a real step up.

Pros
employees submit request to supervisors and they can track their own PTO

Cons
Time off banks are not editable

Alecia Thomas

Runs great reports

Reviewed 2016-12-21

It's a simple way for us to track our employees time, start date and vacation, sick time etc. It would be nice to have some additional features but understand how to use it the way it is. Example: It would be nice to be able to show what will be the total annual accumulation of vacation time at a glance in advance of the time being added monthly.

Pros
Running reports

Cons
Not being able to see total annual vacation allotment in advance of the time being added to the bank's monthly - it was set up this way for a reason but would be nice to have that one added feature rather than have to do math each time

Don Williams

Perfect for a small company

Reviewed 2016-12-02

We are a small company with 12 employees, but all the legal responsibilities to our employees of a big company. Track Smart helps us manage important work week scheduling, manage hours of employees, coordinate time off communication, keep a record of important HR dates, and many other issues that tend to get lost in the shuffle.

Pros
Ease of use, attractive interface, reporting, calendars for seeing time off

Cons
Would like to have more options than two on time in and time out each day for hourly employees. Wish it would automatically plug in vacation hours.

Stephanie Geimer

Good & Bad

Reviewed 2016-12-14

The ease of inputting time cards and time off is great! The site can be a little bogged down and slow sometimes. This gets frustrating when you have someone on the phone and need information quickly.

Pros
Time Card Input, Adding Vacation & Sick Time

Cons
When trying to find out how much vacation time someone has left gets complicated. It calculates the time that they have used and time that they have asked for. You have to be careful when letting someone know what time has been used.

Kris Hart

Track Employee PTO

Reviewed 2018-04-13

Pros
Employee's like the mobile app and how easy it is to request time off. As an administrator I like all the available reports and that I can download them as Excel documents for easy editing.

Cons
As an admin I don't like that we cannot modify the time off banks. The only one we use is "PTO" and I'm having to constantly go in and modify accepted time to reflect the correct time off bank otherwise the employee's accrual will be wrong.

Athlyn Flagg

Try it before you judge it!

Reviewed 2016-12-06

I would highly recommend tracksmart to small and large corporations. The accuracy of data, the ease of use and most of all the multiplicity of reports. It made my job so easy as appose to the archaic method I was using, by putting the time off on a color-coded calendar. I like the fact that the employees can access the site as well and input time off data. A good management of time for all concerned for such a nominal cost. Less than a full-time employees salary.

Pros
the various reports

Cons
The profile page could be a little more adaptable regarding navigation

Jami Mayer

Jami's Review

Reviewed 2016-12-02

The one thing I dislike, is the time out feature- I wish there were an option of setting limit on time out- or turning the feature off under our own log-in if we desire. My work station is safe and no one accesses it while I'm logged in, I prefer to have the calendar pulled up all day, because logging it takes a little time with some delays on occasion. If I could stay logged in, it would help me immensely without having to click "ok" to stay connected.

Pros
Coverage of many areas

Cons
Time out feature on a log-in- for my admin. account specifically.

Lisa McDonald

Tracksmart Lives up to its' Title

Reviewed 2016-12-02

We have been using Tracksmart for the past several years to monitor staff attendance, run reports and post our days off, practitioners being off to alert staff . This is helpful when they wish to request time off and/or see what their schedule will be like. It is very easy, straightforward and accessible to all. It is just as its' name suggests...Tracking done the smart way. Tracksmart

Pros
easy to use

Cons
could allow us to create our own reasons for time off. We do get around that with our remarks in the system though.

Sarah Maze

Financial Officer

Reviewed 2016-12-02

TrackSmart is user-friendly! We have efficiently streamlined our record keeping & communication with employees by moving to TrackSmart. We've also eliminated our time clock for hourly employees. Saving time & money :)

Pros
User-friendly both with the web version & the app.

Cons
Wish we had the ability to customize our accrual banks just a little bit more. Contract employee (teachers) calendar year run differently than administrative & hourly employees.

Tami Buchanan

Awesome Product

Reviewed 2016-12-02

We have been using TrackSmart for several years now and it is the best product. We do not use the time sheet feature so I can't speak for that side but the attendance tracker is awesome. It makes it easy for my employees and for me to be able to look at all time off anytime. Thanks for such a great product.

Pros
Being able to see all employees time off in one area. (calendar)

Cons
I do not have any cons.

Erica Lee

Good, can be better

Reviewed 2016-12-02

It has made our processes for attendance tracking a lot easier. I wish it actually notifies HR Admin when the time-off request is actually approved not when it is submitted, though. Other than that, I've been really enjoying using your service.

Pros
Ease of use, fairly good price for what it does

Cons
I mentioned briefly before, but I'd love it if it notifies HR Admin when the time-off request is approved by supervisor instead of when it is submitted by employee