Trainual Logo

Trainual

Easy onboarding and training software for growing businesses

Trainual Reviews - Page 4

IB

Ian B.

Textiles, 11-50 employees

Great training platform

Overall their quality of support has been excellent with great webinars to help guild and show new features.

Pros

Initially i thought that trainual was "too simple" in that i was not able to build out huge heirarchys of subject matters, but after talking with them and going through the training it makes a lot more sense now. We are successfully building out a complete training for our operators and enjoy the platforms ease of use.

Cons

I would like to see a bit more functionality in the testing options, specifically the ability to "choose all that apply" type of questions. The publishing and granting access it also not very intuitive as i have found that when i click publish, that doesn't necessarily mean it will show in someone eases library without assigning it to them.

Thanks for the review, Ian! Select all in multiple choice is definitely on our feature request board - Feel free to add any other suggestions to trainual.com/ideas :)

DM

Deborah M.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

A Scaling MUST!

We are currently forming our training material and it’s been a great experience

Pros

Trainual makes it easy to make Training organized, easy, and even fun!

Cons

It takes some time to learn to organize the content

Hi Deborah! We're so flattered to hear that we're a MUST when it comes to scaling :) Thank you so much for leaving us this awesome review! We appreciate you and are excited to continue to work with you.

KD

Kirk D.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

will use for every business i open

great

Pros

Search feature being able to look up what i ineed when i need it

Cons

the website not loading at times being down and unable to open

Hi Kirk, thanks so much for leaving your review. We're sorry to hear about the issues you're having with load time, and it's something we are working on! We're thrilled that Trainual has been impactful to your business and we're always here if you have additional feedback or any questions.

DB

Danielle B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Great Training Sote

It’s been a great tool for both our employees and managers. We’re really glad to have Trainual because it was our missing link. It’s the perfect to house ‘us’ for training and have a place for employees to refer back to when they need a refresher.

Pros

Trainual is extremely user friendly. Our team has been able to collectively use this site to help create new training for staff, onboarding for new employees, roll out new policies, and more. We love that it can be branded, how everything autosaves, and the ease of us for our employees.

Cons

The only thing I wish this had is a way to order training for our employees. Some hires should start out with a different course than others, so we’ve been making our training schedules manually—however, it’d be great if the site came with a training scheduling system.

Thanks for the review, Danielle! You can your feature requests (like the awesome one about training order) to trainual.com/ideas.

LR

Leilah R.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Using Trainual to document everything and anything about your company!

Overall we are very pleased with Trainual. Our biggest hurdle is getting information OUT of people's heads and onto "paper" so that others can benefit from the knowledge or pick up the pieces if the need arises. Trainual is a great tool to do just that!

Pros

I really like the organizational structure of Trainual. I love that I can leave it open on my desktop and add things QUICKLY (drag/drop/cut/paste/add links or images) and without getting too side-tracked.

Cons

I'd like to be able to keep a consistent view in the main SUBJECTS page. They give you two options, Card View and Outline View. Outline View is much more intuitive to me (perfect for linear thinkers...) but unfortunately the default is Card View so every time I go to the main SUBJECTS page I have to toggle back to my preferred view.

Thanks for the review, Leilah! We do have changing your default Subject view on our roadmap, so I'll be sure to let you know when we release that! :) Thanks again for being a loyal customer!

Daniel P.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Very Easy to Use

Overall, I would say that I have had a wonderful experience with trainual!

Pros

I like this software because it's very easy to use. It helped my company build a training program when we'd never really had a linear training system before.

Cons

The program is easy to use and utilize but the navigation of the page could use a bit more work.

Thanks for the review, Daniel!

WH

Wes H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

All your company's info in one place

The platform is simple and easy. It's just a great way to capture everything you need to for your employees. Gone are the days of Google Docs and PDFs.

Pros

I love capturing all the company's procedures in one location. It makes it easy for new and old employees to search what they need and instantly get the answer.

Cons

The user interface currently is a little meh, but Trainual is constantly updating and listening to their users.

Thanks for your review, Wes! If you have any ideas you want to submit regarding our interface, feel free to visit trainual.com/ideas.?

VR

Virginia R.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Consistent Training

Overall it has been great. I can upload with ease and I like that I can add gifs to make the training more fun.

Pros

I like that I can track exactly how the users are doing by checking their test results. It insures me that everyone is getting the same material and learning the same way so all of our legal services are uniform across the board.

Cons

The test making process is very long because of the lag in the system. It would take me an hour just to populate 30 questions and add 4 multiple question optioned per question. I would like for the multiple questions to come with 4 answer choices as a default.

Hi Virginia, we greatly appreciate that you took the time to share a review of your Trainual experience! We're glad to hear that it's helped to improve consistency in your training material. We'll be sure to pass along your feedback about tests as well! If you ever have additional feedback or any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

AD

Ariel D.

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Excellent Service & Our Company Loves It!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how simple it is to create all the sections needed for our CRM and Company training.

Cons

There are somethings I would change like the fact of the publishing and the employee user interface. But I would say everything works well and simple enough to make it very useful.

Thanks for the feedback, Ariel! We added a new permission that requires an admin to approve content before it is published, so maybe this would help with your publishing issue! If so, email support@trainual.com and we'll get this added to your account.?

KS

Kimmie S.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Trainual is a game changer

Pros

It is nice that when an update is made in Trainual, everyone assigned to that subject gets alert that there is new content to digest. Also, it is our digital SOP and available whether we are working in the office or remotely.

Cons

I would like to have more options to customize text font and color.

HI

Holban I.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Definitely recommend for those who want to move to the next level

10/10

Pros

You can develop any training you need. Easy to use, modern with constant updates

Cons

Sometimes you need to catch up with updates :)

ER

Emily R.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Trainual cares about their customers!

Took a bit to get going, as with any LMS, getting your outline and content in there is the longest part. Then once you get going, keep diving into the features to make your content even better. My overall experience has been really positive.

Pros

Really excited to use the Gusto integration. Trainual makes it easy to share knowledge with people on my team and get new hires up to speed, quickly. The new Google extension and search feature make it convenient for those already on-boarded, to reference a past article. They do a great job of being in communication with their customers regarding feedback and overall great customer service.

Cons

Newer software with some missing features, but the team is working to make them available and are even sharing a roadmap to let us see what features are in the pipeline.

Thanks for the review, Emily! Happy that you know about the roadmap, too. ?

TT

Tomaree T.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Trainual is Awsome!

We needed Trainual to help with our onboarding and training processes. We love having everything in one place that can track the progress of the user. Our Onboarding process has been streamlined tremendously! Our agents now have a resource to access 24 hours a day 7 days a week when they have a question about a policy or procedure in our office. This has decreased the phone calls management receives on how to do something or where to find a document.

Pros

I love the video recording to share how to do a task. I also love that I can upload almost anything into Trainual to share with my team. It's easy to use and has helped tremendously at my office.

Cons

So far, I can't think of anything that I do not like about Trainual. It would be helpful to have more one on one time when developing our system. I feel like I'm still learning how to use the system sometimes. I wonder if I'm using it to the maximum capability.

Hi Tomaree! Thank you so much for taking the time to review Trainual. We're stoked to hear that it's helped you to completely streamline your onboarding process! If you ever need additional help to help you develop your system more, always feel free to reach out to our team and/or check out our training resources here: https://bit.ly/3uIu2LB. We're always here to help and want to make your set-up much easier!

OK

Olga K.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Trainual Basics for Creators

Our company is using Tranual for comprehensive staff training: all aspects starting from the Company's introduction to specific areas of accounting and audit (how to do it, new requirements and even tests)

Pros

Trainual Basics for Creators. For me, it's a great platform to share my knowledge about blockchain with colleagues and outside users (in the nearest future).

Cons

For me, it is a bit difficult to use (just that I'm not an IT specialist and not a native English speaker).

Hi Olga! We appreciate that you took the time to leave a review of your Trainual experience. We're so happy that it's helped you share knowledge with your colleagues, and that it's been impactful for staff training. Please let us know if there's anything at all we can assist with moving forward!

RA

Renee A.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Game Changer!

Overall I love this software. It has been a game changer. We are able to hire at random times and get new hires up to speed quickly. Prior to Trainual I had to wait and hire in groups and that was really challenging.

Pros

This software has allowed me to get new hires quickly up to speed on our policies, processes and trainings.

Cons

I'm hoping that better documentation for completed training will be available soon. Maybe a customized Training log would help and Management could print out the page every three months for staff files. Also customized certificates that are emailed too management and staff. Right now its' difficult to print out everyones completed trainings.

PJ

Patricia J.

Law Practice, 11-50 employees

Great for Training Purposes

We still have to do some hands on training with our newer employees, but having Trainual makes it much easier and allows people to refer back to the process steps when they have questions. We love Trainual in our office!

Pros

We use Trainual for training new employees in our office. The ease of use is great and being able to put videos and fun GIF's in, makes it feel lighthearted for new people.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't really like about this software.

Hi Patricia! Wow! Thank you so much for the amazing review here :) We're really stoked to hear that it's been easy for you and your team to use, and that it's made your training much more awesome. We appreciate you so much and we look forward to continuing to work with you!

KM

Kristina M.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

More Templates

Staff of really nice when you reach out, they reply quickly.

Pros

I like that you have a place to put all your information and add updates.

Cons

We use it for onboarding and I wish it had templates and designs to help you make a more interesting platform for people to use. I also dislike the layout, I wish it was more of like a website design that our employees can log into and see more of an interactive face to help them use it and obtain more information. Maybe have it be more personalizes like www.trainual.com/eatlupes and have it be our own section with all our info

Hey Kristina, have you checked out our new platform design? This was just released on Monday and should help with some of these customization requests! Let us know if you have any questions.

SC

Stephanie C.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Great way to train new and current staff!

We are very grateful to have found Trainual. It has made training our employees much easier.

Pros

This platform allows new staff to do most of their new hire trainings on their own time and on a computer, phone, or tablet. We can track their progress and see when everything was completed as well as their test scores. You can make your trainings more interesting and easily highlight the most important take away message. It is very user friendly for administrator and user.

Cons

Very few cons. Any issues have been easily resolved with support staff.

Hi Stephanie! Thanks for leaving such a great review of your Trainual experience. We're delighted to hear that it's made your trainings easier and more impactful! We're also glad that our team has been able to quickly resolve any issues that might have popped up. If there is anything at all we can help with moving forward, please let us know!

SB

Scott B.

Sporting Goods, 51-200 employees

Trainual is great!

Trainual, although time intensive on the front end, has been a great tool for our company to further our goal of training our employees to provide exemplary service. It has allowed us to centralize company policies and procedures and make sure they are consistent across multiple stores and managers.

Pros

-Mobile App -Ease of Use for learners -Consistent training across stores As a strongly seasonal company, trainual has allowed us to create consistency in training across stores for all of our new hires. This is our first season using it, but so far so good!

Cons

It takes a lot of time to build out all the training to begin with.

Hi Scott! Thanks for leaving such a candid review of your Trainual experience. We hear you when you say it takes time to build up front, but we're glad that it's been worthwhile and beneficial to your stores. Please let us know if there's anything at all we can assist with moving forward!

MF

Mary F.

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

A breeze to use and monitor progress!

I will continue to use trainual for all my future on-boarding needs. I always have support for questions. It is easy and effective.

Pros

Ease of use in posting and understanding set-up. The ability to monitor progress of team.

Cons

I wish the platform was available on an app instead of through a website and browser.

Thanks for the feedback, Mary! We do have an iOS and Android app on our product roadmap so stay tuned for exciting things to come! :) We look forward to helping you train as you continue to open in new markets. Thanks for your support!

LR

Leonard R.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Trainual Helped Grow Our Golf Business

Pros

The fact that we look very professional as a company in the pre-boarding process and that our new staff members get up to speed so much faster.

Cons

We are excited to see the features expand. More advanced ways to design tests and a way for the trainee to submit documents through Trainual.

Hi Leonard! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review -- We're so happy that you're loving Trainual. We'll be sure to let you know when we make updates to our testing functionality as well. ?

VM

Violet M.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Trainual

Great

Pros

The program is very informative . It is very hands on and easy to maneuver through

Cons

I wished it worked on Android phones . Not everyone has i-phones

Hey Violet! We love that you have found Trainual easy to use and informative! We recently released an Android app as well that is now available to all users.

JS

Jamie S.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Amazing for larger businesses looking to continually scale their staff

It's really cool because I can set up the policies and steps for onboarding and lead right into any necessary training or certifications right after. You can see what step they are on so you don't have to be physically present or constantly recite the same information for every orientation. You can also add some personality and culture to your materials with little videos, etc. to break up the content.

Pros

It's truly amazing that there's a software now that manages & tracks everything I used to have to do manually. No more printing hundreds of sheets of paper and spending hours at a time repeating the same policies and processes over and over. Onboarding is incredibly streamlined and employee training and certification is a breeze now.

Cons

For small businesses, you have to decide if $99 per month is within your capacity. If you do not have major staff growth needs, whether it's training or onboarding, then this may not be something worth implementing just yet. But on a larger scale, I wish I had this application years ago!

Hi Jamie! Thank you so much for leaving your review of Trainual. We are very happy to hear that we have made your processes more efficient and streamlined. If there is anything at all we can help with moving forward, please let us know!

MA

Michelle A.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

It's only the beginning!

Trainings have been great, customer service is excellent and overall it is worth every penny to have our policies and processes out of our head in the system. Feel more confident that every team member will get the same training experience.

Pros

We are new to Trainual and have taken off on creating and designing the future of training and development for our team. It has been so easy to navigate and their templates allow you a fully customizable quick start. That is perfect for getting the data in and then we can further customize as we go adding new videos and tutorials. Access to Loom in order to record steps on the computer are especially helpful to our team.

Cons

Nothing yet, I guess if I had a complaint is that I didn't do this year ago know how it will transform our training.

JE

Jocelyn E.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Feedback

It is very user friendly and I like that you have the ability to search for a topic or by using key words.

Pros

It is one location to house ALL of our policies and procedures as well as Training

Cons

I cannot think of anything at this time.