Trainual Logo

Trainual

Easy onboarding and training software for growing businesses

Trainual Reviews - Page 6

CR

Chad R.

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Why you should use Trainual

Trainual is easy to use and serves a great purpose. It helps you clearly document processes that are then able to be used to train the team. It can become a great tool to ensure that your team is completing processes your way and not their own. It has helped eliminate tribal knowledge.

Pros

This is a very user friendly software. Most people are able to pick it up and start using it immedately. This is important because at my business a lot of the knowledge keepers are not very tech savvy. They can still use it. The customer service is incredibly efficient. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in particular. She answers my questions in the same day, and if she doesn't know the answer she gets someone who will be able to help.

Cons

In order to have videos on your pages you have to link them through another service. We use YouTube. But I understand why, it helps keep their storage costs low. I would like there to be a section where a trainer is able to mark off that the employee is able to complete a process in real life.

CS

Charles S.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Good program but still working through some things.

Pros

Ease of getting information and update through company

Cons

Does not integrate best with our Valvoline softwares and if mistakes are made such as spelling of name system will mark answers wrong. This makes employees then do the course all over again.

AT

Amelia T.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

One of the easiest LMSs I've ever used!

Best LMS I've ever worked with, and I've worked with Moodle, Blackboard, Canvas and Northpass. Great job!

Pros

I LOVE how easy the text editor is. I can literally copy and paste content without the code breaking -- this includes content from outside Trainual. For anyone who has ever had to deal with content creation in any LMS, this could literally make or break your sanity. This one small details is part of the reason we switched from our previous LMS to Trainual. Plus, the tutorials are actually helpful! Win all around for me.

Cons

So far, as a new customer, I really have nothing to complain about!

Thanks for the fantastic review, Amelia!

LL

Lesli L.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Finally! Organization with Ease

This solved our problem of having policies and procedures stored on different platforms.

Pros

I love that we can upload all kinds of media. Trainual is the perfect solution for onboarding new employees. It is also a great place for us to store resources for our trainers and it's super easy to use.

Cons

Does it integrate with Slack? That would be very helpful.

Hi Lesli! Thanks so much for your Trainual review. We don't currently integrate with Slack, but we will pass that along to our Product Team! We hope that our platform continues to be impactful to your team's trainings!

SK

Sarah K.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Easy to Use for Small Scale Training

Pros

The software is easy to use and highly customizable and the final product looks clean for both the user and the admin.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the tests to be multiple answer multiple choice.

Hello Sarah! Thanks for sharing your Trainual review. Keep an eye out for updated testing features. :) We're so happy to hear that the platform has been easy to use and we hope it continues to positively impact your team. We're here for you if you have additional feedback or any questions!

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Youinkit Review

Awesome, it has been groundbreaking for our organization.

Pros

On-boarding new employees has become much easier than in the past. Happy we made the switch.

Cons

Only 25 users are available for the lowest version of the software.

Thanks for the review -- Happy we were able to make your onboarding process easier!

nm

nizam m.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Its Superb

Pros

User friendly information and its very nice to use

Cons

i like everything mainly the clicks and the page iformation

Hello Nizam! We appreciate that you took the time to leave your Trainual review. We're happy that it's been easy to navigate! We hope it continues to be impactful for you and your team.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Very helpful for training, never got fully implemented

Trainual is a great platform for setting up training modules. You need to have content to make it work best, and have somebody who leads the implementation. Overall, it was a very positive experience with Trainual.

Pros

Trainual seemed like the perfect fit for training our employees across departments. We only got it half implemented before adopting some other tools, but I loved the start to it. The administration is straight forward and simple. The user interface is easy to learn and intuitive for users.

Cons

The setup required a bit more work than was ideal, not because it was difficult, but due to not always understanding where you were in the setup, what was published/not published, and what certain users had access to.

Hi there! Thanks so much for leaving your Trainual review. We're thrilled to hear that it's been easy to use, and we definitely understand it can feel like a lift up front. We're glad you gave it a chance and we hope it continues to be impactful to you and organization. Let us know if you have additional feedback or questions!

JL

Jeff L.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Trainual is great!

Trainual has helped with our employees learning our workflow and our software. It has not replaced personal training, but has solidified important ideas and is handy for reference.

Pros

I like the customer service, and the tutorials. I have made suggestions to their development team, and they have actually listened! After a short learning curve, the software is easy to use. I also like they are constantly developing it.

Cons

There are a few features that I'm waiting on, mainly with formatting. I do wish quizes could be placed anywhere in the "learning flow".

Thanks for the feedback, Jeff! Text editor updates are currently in progress. :)

TR

Tyler R.

Great Option!

Pros

Makes my company look good having seamless courses and branding even looks good with color customization for banners, etc.

Cons

Most of my issues have been fixed. I.e uploading pdfs..

Hi Tyler! Thanks so much for leaving us this awesome review of Trainual :) We're super stoked to hear that we're helping to make your company look good - mission accomplished! We're excited to continue to work with you and we appreciate you for being a part of our community!

SY

Suna Y.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Easy to use, great results to make remove working efficient!

Excellent. I use it a lot for adding onboarding materials for new joiners and to educate the company on what our department does.

Pros

- Ease of use, either as an admin or as a user - Different features e.g. quizzes - Useable by all different departments and each section can be broken down into bite-sized chunks - Can embed photos, videos, links etc

Cons

- First page you see when you login (dashboard) is a bit crowded

RL

Rian L.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Easy To Use

Pros

Access to courses even after you have taken them, so you can always review when you need to

Cons

The layout of the dashboard is sometimes overwhelming to look at if you have more than a few courses

IF

Isabella F.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Great!

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and how much information you can implement.

Cons

I wish there was more options to animate the information I put on there, and to edit text.

Hi Isabella! Thank you so much for leaving this awesome review of Trainual :) We're so excited to hear that it's been easy for you to use in your business and that you are enjoying it. I also really appreciate the feedback on animating text within the content. I'll pass that on to our Product Team as we're always looking for ways to improve. Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help. Thank you so much again for being a part of the Trainual family!

SB

Sarah B.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

great platform

great experience with Trainual - having onboarded over 30 staff in different departments using this platform - thank you!

Pros

easy to use ability to monitor progress quizzes

Cons

easier settings to navigate to changing personal settings like notifications

BD

Barbara D.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great! I am older and less tech savvy then many of my colleagues but find Trainual easy to comprehend and use

Pros

I found that you can easily make corrections, adjustments and complete changes to my documents, allowing them to grow with company.

Cons

I sometimes need to access areas that are restricted to me. I request access, but the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is slow to respond (that's not your fault).

LH

Lizzie H.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Trainual from an Intern's Eyes

I've just started working with Trainual, but I am very excited in assisting in the set up process. This would have been a life saver at one of my previous jobs. It's easy to navigate, and will be easy for associates to understand.

Pros

The software enables the company to easily reach every associate with a wide range of information. It also allows each associate to access to information with ease.

Cons

Not every associate can easily learn information from reading a screen and watching a few videos, so a few issues could arise with the associates retaining the information. I think including more interactive aspects like the tests could be beneficial.

Thanks for the review, Lizzie! We would be happy to walk you through testing options -- Just email support@trainual.com with any questions. :)

ML

Melissa L.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

User Feedback on Trainual

Our overall experience has been very positive. Feedback from our staff has all been good. We are planning to implement a new operating system and Trainual will be a big part of that.

Pros

As a new start up we really needed a tool to help us start documenting our processes and we found Trainual. I really like how each of our processes will have the same layout. It's easy and fun to use and the support is great!

Cons

I would like to see more HR features (similar to what Bamboo HR has) so we can decrease the amount of software applications we need to use.

FB

Foss B.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Very helpful to accommodate growth!

Very, very good. We have even suggested you guys buy a few of our other software that we use to imrpove them too!

Pros

We love the ease that it requires to onboarding new employees and deploy procedural or HR changes through the software.

Cons

We would like more interactivity in the modules. Maybe a chance to pose a question related to that specific module and then it archive in the forum.

SS

Shivram S.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

It is one of the most easy to use training software

Pros

As a user, it is simple and clean. As a training content creator, it is again easy and fun to create content in.

Cons

Moving topics between subjects can some times be difficult to the extent of being not possible.

Hi Shivram! Thanks so much for leaving a review of Trainual. We really appreciate you taking the time to do so, and we're happy to hear that it's been so easy for you to use in your training! And thank you for the feedback on moving topics. We'll pass your feedback on to our product team, as we're always looking to improve. If you need anything else from us, always feel free to reach out!

CB

Caitlin B.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Great tool!

I really appreciate the functionality of Trainual, and it has been very important to our company.

Pros

The job I do is very important and technical, so I love that I can type up all the steps for someone else to have access to if it's ever needed because I'm unable to do the job.

Cons

The look of the software isn't great. It's very functional but not very nice to look at.

BG

Brittany G.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Great Training Tool

Pros

Trainual helped us with training especially during Covid lockdowns when in-person interactions are very limited.

Cons

None. The software is great especially for quick distribution of info.

BS

Brittany S.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Bringing our company to the next level!

Great outline for structuring courses, and the ability to customize to your heart's content with videos and graphics. Not only is it easy to use, but I recently attended a webinar that was offered via email to better use all the tools at my disposal. I love that we can assign courses to entire departments with a click, and add additional individuals. Proper training is vital in our industry, and the most important thing to have dialed in for any company, Trainual helps us up our training game.

Pros

Easy to use & helpful training webinars!

Cons

Can't think of anything, my experience has been great.

Happy we could help up your training game, Brittany! ?

DP

Debra P.

Modern Realty Review

As above

Pros

Everything is in the one place and gives users time to complete

Cons

I find the dashboard confusing - I never seem to have a step by step method to get a new user through the system

SK

Sarah K.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Great way to organize internal processes

I'm very pleased with it.

Pros

It's a great way to organize internal processes. Trainual is very user friendly and can be easily accessed by computer or mobile. I like that you can give different permissions to various roles.

Cons

The formatting is not consistent (paragraph/line breaks) and copy/paste formats from other documents (Word, Drive) do not persist. Also, some table formats are not visible on mobile (cannot scroll right if rows are long).

Thanks for the review, Sarah! We're working on text editor improvements as well - Stay tuned!

LW

Laurel W.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

A Huge Time and Effort Relief

I am very excited to use Trainual for our business. Before someone told me about this app, I was feeling very anxious about the amount of work it would take to put together a training program and collect all of our procedures effectively. Now I see a light at the end of the proceduralizing tunnel!

Pros

I love that this software is designed to help create procedures that can then be used for training. This will be a giant time savings tool while we are restructuring our company and setting up training procedures that have never been formalized here before.

Cons

It would be great if there was a way to formally group some subjects together . I did discover that you can do this through creating roles that group them together. Employees can also have more than one role so this wouldn't effect the job roles fortunately, but I have yet to try it out to see how it works for us.

Thanks for the review, Laurel -- Happy you see the light! ?