Trakstar Reviews

Trakstar

Performance Management and Employee Engagement Software

Trakstar

Review Summary

Pros

Excellent process automation, customizable reminder emails, ability to clearly define scores, outstanding and fast-responding customer service.

Paul M.

Long story short; Good software, great costumer service and still some room for improvement to stay on top of the game.

Kim d.

I really like the ability to comment (encourage) other people in your organization so that peer feedback can be utilized in annual performance reviews.

Jeremiah D.

Grant R.

In addition, the adding of ratings is required yet pointless in how I have it setup. Finally the inability of an individual user to look up their history is annoying.

Josh G.

The most telling piece of evidence I can offer about Trakstar's performance and user-friendliness is the lack of questions and problems that our supervisors and managers experience.

Jennifer N.

Trakstar is a star!!

Since installation we have drastically improved the consistency and timeliness of staff reviews. Also love the goals and objectives.

Pros

Customer service/support is great. I haven’t had many issues, but when I did support was fast and even followed up a day later to make sure things were still fine. My issues were user related. The software is solid!

Cons

The reporting is a bit limited. Might be nice to have the ability to create some customized reports.

Easy to use performance management system

Overall, I think it's a great system and so much better than the one we had before. As mentioned, it's easy to use and to navigate, and the customer service team is very quick to respond to any questions. As an administrator, I love being able to log in as others in order to see what they're seeing - it makes my life easier.

Pros

The best feature about this software is its ease of use. A few of our employees aren't very technologically-minded, and they have no problem navigating the system and completing their reviews. It's simple and straightforward and offers a lot of flexibility.

Cons

We're just starting to use the Goals portion of the software, and, as a company, we're a bit on the conservative side, and we'd rather not have the employees be able to create their own measurements. It's great to have that feature, but there should also be a way to turn it off if we don't want it.

Awesome Software - We absolutely love Trakstar

Personally, I love Trakstar considering my several involvement as the lead HR Manager responsible for PMS. It was an easy sell to the Senior Management Team because it ticked all need boxes we had identified. The customization and integration process was a breeze, the account officer took a lot of the burden off us. Then transitioning the employees went smoothly, including the training. Our account...

Pros

The flexibility of Trakstar to mirror the organization's current performance appraisal process was what sold us. We were able to adapt the software to fit our needs and the ease of use is absolutely great.

Cons

I honestly find it difficult to identity what I like least about this software. Compared to the previous software we used for Performance Appraisal, Trakstar is absolutely wonderful. It met all our software needs; the pricing was very reasonable, and the transition was effortless. From the sales agent to the account officer, we have had an awesome experience.

Bad - Horrible UI/UX that you will pay for over and over again

Lot of issues here that I want to point out with this software: 1) This software does not do corrective actions or Performance Improvement Plans, they try to tell you that it does in the sales presentations, but this software does not do it. They will tell you about a work around, but it is so complex and contrived that your managers will never use it, I promise. 2) We were trying to get the...

Pros

Not really much to like, to be quite honest

Cons

5) There is this wonderful background jobs pop-up that pops up every time that you do ANYTHING in the application, I'm serious. You have to dismiss it manually every time, it is ridiculous, unnecessary, and very annoying. 6) There is no simple way to have them tie any type of notes or issues with an employee back to a part of their job description that it is supposed to match. Which, is really the...

It's disappointing to have a customer feel this way. In our exchanges with Grant, I wish we'd been able to find more common ground. Grant, thanks for sharing your thoughts. They are important to us. Sincerely, Julie Rieken

TrakStar Review

It has helped to streamline our review process and we are fine-tuning it with each review cycle to reflect what we are really looking for in a review/performance management tool.

Pros

I find the layout of the software/site to be clean and pretty easy to maneuver around.

Cons

I find the software fairly easy to use - but I think it's more because I am one of the administrators and helped to customize it to our needs and the fact that I use it more often than other staff. We are still trying to get staff to use it more often (for notes, etc.) rather than once/twice a year when doing their reviews.

PMPs Made Easy

The employees complain about performance management; but not about trakstar. I always separate the two. They like trakstar. I do a training called "Tips for Better Appraisals" and integrate the use of trakstar into it and how easy it is to ensure that you will get an excellent review if you utilize the great features availble in trakstar such as the notes and goal tracking.

Pros

Ease of use; customer service. The set-up is extremely easy; changing forms is easy.

Cons

Extra cost for the added features - succession planning

Our Organization Loves Trakstar!

Pros

What I like best about this software is that you don't have to set up separate processes for Goal Setting, Mid-Year, or Year-End. Your appraisal is one process that stays open all year long. You can continuously make notes and track progress. I also love the ability to customize the software however you like as well.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like about Trakstar.

Trakstar makes annual appraisals as easy as 1 - 2 - 3

This software has enabled us to track employee progress and performance year over year. It has been very valuable to our company as it allows us to archive a history of employee appraisals and doesn't require a paper process. This is a must-have for any business serious about the employee appraisal process.

Pros

I like the ability to set goals, apply company-wide performance metrics and the ability to gather a history of appraisals over time so you can measure and track employee performance.

Cons

The workflow could be a little clearer. Sometimes its confusing how to manage each appraisal. There is a unique archiving system that seems like it should be simpler than it is.

Tell them how you are doing

I like being able to go back and point out certain accomplishments to my employer during my annual review

Pros

When our company started to engage this tool I thought it was silly. I have an appreciation for Trakstar now. It is a place where I can keep track of the many things that get forgotten otherwise. I can go back and review my accomplishments from the beginning of the year and also gain a perspective of my growth in the last 12 months

Cons

the initial learning curve seemed a little steep, but it feels natural at this point

Simple, not overly-complicated interface, encourages participation

Easy and fun to use, encourages MUCH more participation than any previous appraisal software I have used (which is usually associated with dread).

Pros

This software encourages you to input updates on your progress every month. This is an EXTREMELY valuable reminder because then you aren't racking your brain at the end of the year trying to remember your accomplishments. You can keep track of them year-round, and when your appraisal is due, the hard part is pretty much done. This helped a lot even for my 90-day appraisal. It breaks everything out among several competencies and it is a very user-friendly, dynamic interface that is kinda fun to use.

Cons

To be honest I cannot think of any criticism for this software.

Trakstar: GREAT Track Record for Customer Service!

Our company was in need of a performance evaluation software that would be available online and easy enough for our professional but extremely busy (sometimes overwhelmed) staff to learn and use. We used to use the Excel sheets and we needed something that everyone could quickly "pick up" and implement. Fastrak was the most advantageous in meeting our company's needs due to the ease of adding goals,...

Pros

I've had top-notch help from your reps who have answered my calls and answered my questions. Your company is also proactive in sharing information via frequent webinars. Matt Weissenborn was very helpful, articulate and professional in his presentation. I enjoy using the Measurement tools in the online software.

Cons

I wish there was a Guide for Administrators -- just as there is one called "Employee Guide" for users. It would take significantly less time to refer to one than to call or try to figure out something myself (trial/error). I would like a means to SEE the individual's goals without having to download to export.

Hi Jill, Many thank for your review. Love to hear the things that have helped - like emails that helped keep things on track. Also, great to hear our support team has been top-notch. I love your ideas - so many good ones I won't repeat them here in my response, and I will promise to add them to our feature discussion board. As a company, we review every single suggestion to see patterns and try to improve. Thanks again! --Julie Rieken

Great performance appraisal program

We are a small non-profit association with about 85 active employees. We use TrakStar for our annual performance appraisal program . Our program is designed to have every employee receive a review at the same time each year, rather than each year on their annual anniversary. We also have a 90-day initial review, and a 6-month informal review.

Pros

This software is relatively uncomplicated for the regular employee, especially since they have redesigned the appearance. Training on the system does not take long and there are several helpful videos to provide assistance to staff and administrators. I find it to be pretty intuitive. In most cases there are some options for customizing your performance appraisal and the cycle. They also have several opportunities for training of administrators through webinars (live and pre-recorded) and these are really useful.

Cons

I do wish there were more flexibility in customization and that it was easier to reach some of the relevant customer service videos; however, the customer service team (if you can reach them by phone) is very responsive and helpful.

Hi Lisa, Such a nice, thoughtful review. You're using a lot of Trakstar, and that's awesome. I love that the videos have been helpful and that you've joined our webinars! We're re-designing our support site as we speak Will you let me know if you find things to be easier once we release the changes? We'd love your feedback. Thanks again, Julie Rieken

THRILLED ABOUT TRAKSTAR!

Our rep just provided us the second part of our training via webinar; we asked for "Goals & Notes" to be given last June and finally the "Scoring" given today as we wrap up the performance period. I am VERY pleased with our rep's professionalism, and knowledge about the Trakstar program. The way he guided us through the webinar was wonderful. Many employees and managers have expressed trepidation...

Pros

Cons

There ought to be a Quick Guide for Administrators; too often I've searched the support pages and did not find precisely what I've wanted, so had to email and did not have direct phone access because we don't pay for that added service. We're three hours apart from each other so there've been a few times that I was not able to get answers as immediately as I would have liked (in an ideal world). LOL.

Hi Jill, Thank you so much for the kind words. We really appreciate it. Also, we are taking your suggestion and will be building a "Quickstart Guide" for admins. Great idea! Thanks again, Julie

An Excellent Idea with some rough edges

Trakstar is an excellent idea. It allows employees and managers equal time in the appraisal process, which has been lacking in employee appraisal since the beginning of time. As a manager it is quite helpful for an employee to weigh in on their performance. Too often we have no idea how the employee sees their performance until we are having 'the talk'. Trakstar could be a little more user...

Cons

Hi Nancy, Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review! We love that Trakstar allows both managers and employees the opportunity to contribute around performance. We'll also take your suggestion on archiving to heart. Fwiw, we designed the Archiving process to allow managers the discretion about when to share the content with the employee. Some like to do it in advance of the meeting,...

Increased efficiency - definite ROI

Have had a wonderful experience with Trakstar; it gives the employees the access they need through out the year to work towards their goals and development. Managers are able to work more efficiently and put accountability in the hands of the employee.

Pros

The efficiency of the workflow and the way we can customize it to our needs.

Cons

I would like to see a better org chart!

Hi Allyson, Thanks so much for your great review. I'm amused that you liked the "Julie from Trakstar" sessions...that's me! Cool. I love your suggestion on the org chart. I promise to add it to our feature discussion board. As a company, we review every single idea to find patterns and ways we can improve. Keep in touch and let us know how we can help as your needs evolve, and thanks again. Take care, Julie Rieken

A bare-bones performance mgmt tool for organizations ready to upgrade but can't afford the big guns.

See my review - it focused on competencies, so as an organization looking to be more progressive, we were ready to use it.

Pros

Focus on competencies - which many other cheap - to - affordable products don't offer.

Cons

You can't customize the appraisal process. It's either the formal appraisal (with ratings) or a 'goal setting' function. So, it won't work for orgs like mine who tend to do a mid-year 'check-in' as opposed to the full appraisal process. Customer service is slow, email only really, and not always helpful in giving you a complete solution. They also do not do 360s which is something we've begun to do at my org. Also, if you are not focusing on competencies, as an org--which I'm certain MANY are not, I'm not at all sure how you would use this tool.

Hi Aimee, Thank you so much for leaving this review! Our customer's feedback is so important. I do want to mention that, as an administrator, 360 reviews can be enabled in your Trakstar site and we'd be happy to walk you through what that set up looks like. In addition, we might be able to offer some insight and take your feedback on how to have a more flexible review process by utilizing Trakstar's open ended questions and flexible rating scales features. Thank you again for taking the time to leave this review and we hope we can help make your review process match what you're looking for!

Trakstar Review

I've really enjoyed having Trakstar as our performance review tool. With each UI update it gets better and better. It's not overly complicated so my employees aren't confused by how to go in take notes, track goals, and score reviews. All I have to do is remind them about due dates and they're on their way!

Pros

Just the right amount of features so employees aren't overwhelmed Email notifications/reminders Ability to set different goals per employee with different weightings Reports

Cons

I wish the admin portal was more user friendly. You have to figure out work arounds for certain things that can become time consuming. I also wish (for admins) you didn't have to "log in as user" every time you want to look at the progress of employee reviews. You should be able to just click an employees name and their current review with notes/comments/scores updated should appear.

Hi Danielle, Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate it! Your words about the UI improving really make us feel good...we've been working on that upgrade for a while and were so excited to share it. I hear you on logging in as a user to do certain things. It's not easy to keep things confidential and provide security, and this is something we will add to our group discussion for improvement. Thanks for sharing. Take care, Julie Rieken

Trakstar is rich in substance for managing performance appraisals

I manage a team with some shared goals as well as individual goals. Trakstar allows me to work with my employee to track their progress throughout the year. This allows for more shared accountability among the employees and me as their manager. It has helped me to keep not only my staff on track with their goals, but it keeps me on track with my own performance goals. Trakstar is unique and a valuable tool to any company wanting to provide meaningful performance goals while seeing positive results.

Pros

I really like how you can both individualize performance goals AND cascade collective goals per employee. This makes for a very convenient system when you have group goals and individual goals for your staff. Trakstar also gives a sense of accountability to employees to update notes on their progress towards performance goals. The monthly reminders to enter notes are wonderful!

Cons

The support videos for using Trakstar are good, but I wish their were slides and non-video aids to help through tutorials as you learn to use Trakstar.

Highly recommendable

We implemented Trakstar a little over a year ago now and as our organization has now completed the annual appraisal cycle, I am ready to review the software. What I want to say first and foremost is, I can very highly recommend Trakstar. It is a very user friendly tool that has made our performance management process much easier on all users. The Trakstar team were excellent at advising and supporting...

Cons

Hello Ana, It is so nice to hear from you. Thank you for the recommendation, and for specifically mentioning Lauren Fish. We really like her, too. As things continue to evolve and you need adjustments to timing, processes, forms, emails...anything, please let us know and we'll be happy to help. Again, thank you! Julie Rieken

Performance management made simple!!

Trakstar's Performance Appraisal software that will help your organization manage feedback, goals, and reviews. You can also build customized appraisal forms, set SMART goals, and create flexible workflows to meet the needs of your organization. If you are looking for a new way to set goals and review performances, this is a great product to use.

Pros

We switched to Trakstar a while back for performance reviews and this product is extremely easy to use. It is visually appealing, has intuitive interface, and actually makes 1:1 meetings and performance reviews something to look forward to. We were unsatisfied with our old product and were looking for a program to make our reviews easier to perform, and Trakstar has made that process enjoyable.

Cons

When we first moved to Trakstar I felt that it was a bit clunky and hard to move around in Trakstar. Their new design, their customer service, and my continued usage have helped tremendously. Great product and Service!!

Newer Trakstar User - we love it!

We recently implemented Trakstar and this is the first time that we're using it for our annual review cycle. Every team member went through PA training, which included learning about Trakstar. The feedback so far has been great - it's easy to use, intuitive, and will make the process so much easier than what we've done in the past (a form we created in Excel!). As an administrator I've reached...

Pros

Ease of implementation, ease of use. The price is great. Our team members have picked up on it quickly.

Cons

We have some specific reporting needs that Trakstar doesn't have. It's okay, we've found workarounds.

Suzanne, Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to work with you and Cydcor. I'm glad your people have responded well to training and that our support team has been helpful to you. We plan to work on our reports this year so I'd love to know about your needs. Please stay in touch and thanks again for your review! Kind regards, Julie Rieken

Great Performance Tool

Great Performance product, dedicated customer service team, has helped our organization tremendously!

Pros

Customization of review forms, review types, competencies, approval routes, and dedicated customer support team who always responds within 24 hours of a general issue, and within an hour of two of high importance issues.

Cons

Wish it was an all in one solution for HR/payroll/performance so we had everything in one place

Hi Ali, Your review is fantastic, and we appreciate it. We're so glad to have ABC Financial with Trakstar. Please continue working with us as your needs evolve, we're happy to be there. Yes...all-in-one...I hear you. We're going to add new things in 2017 and will continually work to improve. Take care, Julie Rieken

TrakStar's Performance Rates Highly

Apart from the 'cons' noted above, the product is extremely well thought out, well researched, well supported and user friendly and I would definitely recommend it.

Pros

TrakStar mirrored our existing paper-based Performance Review process so was easy to 'sell' to our staff when it was first installed. The improvements over the years have made it even more user-friendly. Support is fantastic, and even though we are half-way around the world Glenn makes sure he answers my queries as promptly as he can - sometimes within an hour! Administratively, I really like the fact the system is so adaptable and easy to modify to meet the changing needs of our reviews. The reporting facility is also a bonus - I can report 'delinquents' to senior management and provide real-time information very quickly. The Promantek team listen to critiques and act on popular suggestions to make the system a better product.

Cons

There aren't many cons, I have enquired about having a page to list non-rateable items such as future aspirations, training needs, and barriers to improvement, and have been told these are on the development plan for future upgrades. Also our staff have said that the 1-5 rating system feels too restrictive, and that a 1-8 or 1-10 system may be more flexible. Personally I think 1-10 is too much, and a 1-7 rating system feels about right. I haven't enquired about this with Promantek so don't know if it can (or will) be changed or not.

We hoped for better!

We originally selected Trakstar because it was affordable and the demo given to us was good overall. Though this product does the basics, it is still extremely outdated and lacks a lot of intuition. The reports are all saved as PDF's or you can export excel documents. The excel docs are a major mess for the most part and will leave you with hours more work editing them. Once you get everyone's assessment,...

Pros

Affordable, decent design (UI, not UX)

Cons

Difficult UX, can't pull many of the reports you would need, doesn't give you many meaningful insights at all, lots of bugs, slow response by support (they have a very small team), almost every process is manual and takes a LONG time to make changes in the system due to this issue

Hi Jeremy, I am very sorry to hear your experience. You have quite a bit of important feedback. I think it might be best if you and I were to speak over the phone. I'd love to better understand your needs and be able for us to connect personally. I'll reach out to you now to learn more. Thanks for your honesty, perhaps we can better understand your needs soon. Kind regards, Julie Rieken

TRAKSTAR IS AWESOME!!

Trakstar is so user friendly and meets all of the needs of our employees and managers in our jurisdictions across the globe. The service team are so knowledgeable and so responsive, no matter what they are asked and the support page is full of great information! The webinars on offer also provide valuable training on how to make our administrator tasks easier! Love that!!! Recommendations for...

Cons

Hi Kirstie, Thank you so much for your fantastic review. I'm glad Trakstar works for your organization in lots of places worldwide. I also love your suggestions. Here's what I can promise. We track and bring forward every customer suggestion as we build features and determine direction. We do this bi-annually at a Trakstar meeting we call "Festivus." (Seinfeld fan?) At this meeting, we bring forward all ideas and vet them based on demand and need. While we can't promise to act on every idea from all customers, I *can* promise your ideas will be heard by the group. And, fwiw, all of your suggestions are great ones!! Thanks again, Kirstie. Cheers, Julie Rieken