VSys One Logo

Volunteer management tool for healthcare & education sectors

VSys One Reviews

Suggested alternatives

get-connected
everyaction
offero

We went with VSys as a system more than 10 years ago and we are still very happy with it. The customer service (phone, webinar, in-person) continues to be OUTSTANDING.
My biggest problem is finding the time to explore more things and do training on the system.

Amy Faith L.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

A Real Game Changer in Volunteer Administration and Metrics Reporting for Senior Leadership!

I have worked in volunteer administration for close to 25 years. I have seen a thing or two when it comes to data collection and volunteer tracking software. In my time, I have never worked with a more sincere group of people than the staff at Bespoke Software. My organization is currently two-years post merger and we're working with VSys to merge all of our hospitals into one cohesive system. With...

Pros

With customization of advanced exporter and custom column reports, VSys One user tools and reports offers the ability to create performance-based dashboards when saving data to Excel, creating a graphical gauge that tracks the throughput of volunteers and lets you monitor volunteer successes throughout your system. We recently created a thermometer to provide leadership with reports on numbers of...

Cons

At first, the cost was a dissatisfier among top leadership, but it is well worth the price. They say you get what you pay for. VSys is the Rolls-Royce of Volunteer Administration Software, it simply inspires greatness and makes data tracking simple!

PD

Patricia D.

Cottage Health Volunteer Program

we are able to manage over 1,000 active volunteers, we especially like the ability to communicate with some or all volunteers as well as documenting all interactions. We are able to customize the database to meet our best practices and procedures.

Pros

The pros are have a robust database that handles all of our daily operations, from an on-line application that when accepted is downloaded right in to the database. We also like the ability to customize to our services and requirements (national, state and local guidelines and to customize to our hospital's culture and policies, The help line is fantastic and are very knowledgeable and patient. they are responsive to requests and upgrades.

Cons

The scheduling is great.... but I would like to add phone numbers and to be able to color code the training volunteers vs the trained volunteers.

FH

Francisca H.

Supportive, Kind and Knowledgeable

Pros

Ease of use. I feel as if the VSys One system works well to manage large quantities of volunteers (we support over 300 active volunteers). I enjoy the features allowing for reporting, volunteer attendance tracking, and the overall setup of profiles. I had to complete a cleanup of a VSys One database recently and enjoyed the ease of deleting larger quantity of information. The team at VSys: project manager [sensitive content hidden] and the customer support team is incredible to work with. They were understanding and supportive with every meeting! I would describe the team as supportive, kind and knowledgeable. It was a pleasure to work with them.

Cons

Many features available, so at times it can be very difficult to understand all properly. More training sessions would be helpful!

DC

David C.

Needlessly Complex

The product line is confusing - VSys One, VSys Lite, VSys Live, VSys Kiosk, VSys Live Kiosk. A few key features that were promised by the project leader have failed to materialize. My sense is that again, they have a product that can do many things, but they don't know how to package their own product or create a user interface friendly for customers. The business model is one of paying for a support subscription post-implementation so they don't have much of an incentive to change.

Pros

I can't deny that it is powerful. It will make reports and track data. The phone support is decent.

Cons

See the title of the review. The user interface as the administrator is cumbersome and non-intuitive. There are too many steps and serpentine workflows to accomplish basic tasks such as creating a job assignment or building a new training.

SZ

Scott Z.

Medical Practice, 10,001+ employees

It's the only volunteer program you'll need.

Our department is much nimbler and more responsive with VSys One, VSys Kiosk and its products (VSys Live and Online Training Module). We've stopped using paper since everything we need is stored in either a cloud based environment or on our own servers (your choice). Implementation was a breeze. They worked with our IT department to ensure they were compliant with our rules and we were up and running in no time. All of our data transferred over. We didn't have to start from scratch.

Pros

Everything. Amazing customer support, custom lists that update automatically, flexible reports you can create, you can come into work and have reports waiting for you or send Assignment calendars to your volunteer area staff contacts. VSys Live applications (no more paper). Training and shift sign up, automated confirmations and reminders. Volunteers can sign in and out of their shifts on their phones and add patient contacts with the mobile Kiosk The list goes on and on! If you can think of something you'd like a volunteer management program to do, VSys One can do it and so much more!

Cons

While amazing there are a few minor quirks that arise from time to time. The interface is dated, but that's just window dressing. Once you alert support, they can usually find a fix or add a feature. I asked for a progress bar for the Online Training Module we purchased, and it was there the next day! When you call for support you get a person who will help you until the issue is resolved. You don't have to go it alone! If you email support, you can get a response quickly and sometimes it's from the creator of the program! They want your experience to be a good one!

ET

Eric T.

Multi-Branch Hospice Volunteer Department

Overall it has been good. The initial integration was a little haphazard and felt rushed at points, but the ongoing support and follow up with the agency has allowed us to completely transform and smooth out our on boarding process for volunteers. The company is very accommodating to our needs and questions, sometimes creating new things that the software couldn't do before.

Pros

-Customization is awesome. You can really make the product look and feel however you like for you as the administrator and for the end user. It has a lot of features that can both mold to your current workflows, but also enhance and automate your workflows. -Customer service is one of the best features of this organization. Their live representatives are very knowledgeable of the product and it's features and willing to help work through any issue that you are having. -customize able reports and bulk changes. Whatever I need to pull out of the database in whatever format is accessable.

Cons

-The fact that the program is so customizable also means there's more than one one way to accomplish the same task or reach the same goal. This does mean that different from people Vsys can have different "go to" ways of completing items. This can lead to some frustration. -The flow of information/data in the software can feel a bit cumbersome. There's not 100% consistency in the software screens when working in the "setup" of different functions. This requires one to really understand how every "data point" or term in VSys connects throughout.

SH

Suzanne H.

Museums and Institutions, 51-200 employees

Customer Service Can't be Beat!

We are able to manage our legacy volunteer data (16K records), our current roster of active or recently active (2K records), communication, job history, training, implement automated features like background check surveys, and maintain schedules for volunteers in multiple roles effectively. And when I need assistance, it's there at the other end of the phone!

Pros

While the entire database is robust enough to more than meet our organizational needs, the very best part is the awesome support team that is always available to me. We implemented this program about five years ago, and it's been able to help us manage a tremendous amount of information about our 800+ volunteer program. The fact that it's on the cloud also helps us because we can access anything we need regardless of where the volunteer management team is physically (a plus in Covid times!).

Cons

The challenge with such a strong database system is that it can be hard to master if you are not a daily user. However, the team is working on updates and have been very open to my feedback about changes and improvements from the user's standpoint. If they keep going with the focus on user experience, it will continue to be an industry leader.

DR

Denise R.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

VSys is a great database

I love that we always have support when we call in for help with VSys. Everyone at the office is helpful and if they cannot figure it out they ask for help from another VSys staff member.

Pros

I use VSys on a daily basis and am the primary administrator. We use VSys for multiple different operations such as volunteer management, donor/account management, partner agencies we work with and all the jobs we send our volunteers to. Along with this we love that we can create letters types and be able to pick the letter need and customize prior to sending and saves to the volunteer or donor profile. VSys has saved us time running reports and having the ability to save them all with the criteria we need. VSys has so many other options we are not currently using but plan to in the future.

Cons

The only complaint I would have is I wish more screens talked to each other. Some processes we have to do manually which takes more time and some reports do not have the ability to do some things we need but we have learned to work around or just manually handle it.

MF

Meg F.

Excellent Volunteer Database

Volunteer data is in one place. It took several years to get the funding to get this software. The company were so understanding and patient. It makes my job infinitely more doable.

Pros

I love the fact that everything is in one place. The people at VSys are second to none. Even when I'm being less than intelligent they are patient and walk me through what must seem to them as easy. The fact that you actually get a person is wonderful. Doing monthly timesheets for volunteers is now a breeze. Running reports means that I can easily get requested information. Being able to run OIG/SAM in no time at all. Makes it easy to do monthly checks

Cons

I sometimes find it difficult to find the report that I'm looking for. I am not very computer savvy and find it difficult to edit settings to make it exactly what I'm looking for. I often end up calling but I feel a little guilty at calling for things that I should be able to do.

JM

Jessica M.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Essential Software for Volunteer Management

I used Vsys every day for 10 plus years and was very satisfied with the software. Not using it anymore as I am no longer involved in volunteer management. It allows you to track volunteers (we had 2,00 plus volunteers) throughout the volunteer life cycle from volunteer application, to communications, supervision and inactivation. Very comprehensive. Their tech support was great as well. Very satisfied with their team overall.

Pros

I like seeing the individual profiles for each volunteer and the communications aspects and integration with other platforms (e.g. background check companies).

Cons

Our server was remote so sometimes that system was a little slow. It is a great software and just wish the speed was there.

JN

Jessica N.

A Hospital/Healthcare System’s Experience

VSys is a crucial tool for the niche and often underfunded world of volunteer management. It allows for the unpaid workforce and its related business processes to be managed, reported on, improved, and implemented. Once a user understands and grasps the functionality and features, the system can be leveraged to take a volunteer program to new heights.

Pros

VSys One provides a plethora of tools, features, and functionality - this opens the possibilities of numerous process improvements/enhancements. A volunteer program can set/determine whatever parameters or fields unique to their program. Various tools and features are also cross-functional, meaning there’s customization capabilities for each user as well. People with various work styles, technical skills, and preferences can use the system to their unique liking.

Cons

With the option of endless customization, there is also no singular right or wrong way to use the system, which then does require a decent understanding of how to utilize the technology and database. There can be various learning curves for different members of a team. The reality of process improvements and enhancements capabilities is also that it requires time and effort - which can be difficult for an understaffed team to find the time to learn and use the system’s new features.

Thank you for your response. We recognize that because VSys One is so powerful and allows users to configure the software to meet their specific needs, it does take a while to learn the system. We address this by including training with implementation and providing unlimited live (real humans) support as well as having pre-recorded training videos and monthly training webinars on specific topics. We’ve added a new service called SMARTHANDS where our staff (former volunteer managers who used our software extensively in the real world) take on doing configuration for clients who are understaffed or just need another set of hands. You can learn more about this service here: https://www.vsysone.com/pages/smarthands

CS

Christine S.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Florida Park Service - VSys One and VSys Anywhere

VSys One is a lot to learn and multiple ways to accomplish a goal to get it to do what you want -- that's a pro and a con. This is where regular responsive customer service really matters. As a Program Manager I’m super pleased with my regular support contact at VSys. If all of VSys's clients receive that level of service from their designated VSys support person and are as pleased as I am, then you should have no issues getting clients. It really matters who you work with weekly and for emergency troubleshooting – their knowledge base and demeanor (not making you feel like an idiot when it's user error) is sooo important.

Pros

Flexibility – We are able to customize what the volunteer sees and what staff see to meet both needs. Parks recruit volunteers for their greatest needs – a first for us. Volunteers browse opportunities and apply, creating their own profiles, then self-administer required training and acknowledgements, and self-enter service hours. This saves significant staff time! Accessibility – Volunteers and staff...

Cons

VSys One is a lot to learn (overwhelming for many non-tech types) and multiple ways to accomplish a goal to get it to do what you want -- that's a pro and a con. See next question

HS

Heather S.

Libraries, 201-500 employees

Impeccable Volunteer Records

The customer service is extraordinary, even when we stump them and they have to call us back after conferring with team members. This product allows us to enter one time and longtime volunteers, track the location, the task, the individual or location hours, the certifications, the awards and complete letters or reports on court/school mandates.

Pros

Creating volunteer accounts is very user friendly and it is easy to add new data collection points specifically for our program (i.e. we have 34 locations to track). We also can keep years of data in one place, which is helpful when middle school volunteers come back as seniors in high school and need a lifetime report.

Cons

Our organization demands a firewall that doesn't allow for a cloud based program. Since we have multiple people entering data, it would be great to run a report on who entered items on a specific day for quality check purposes.

MG

Mandy G.

Satisfied VSys Customer since 2008

The overall experience with VSys One has been fantastic. I highly recommend VSys One for your volunteer management needs.

Pros

Since we implemented the system in 2008, we have more than doubled our program capacity and impact. We have anywhere from 400-600 active volunteers at a time. Vsys allowed us to streamline and automate most of our onboarding. We can quickly communicate with our applicants and volunteers. Scheduling is much more effective and efficient. The database is robust in its functionality allowing you to...

Cons

There is a steep learning curve for new users.

KV

Karina V.

Evolving the Technology is Key

I've spoken with other VSys One users from other hospital facilities, and was initially surprised at how differently they organize their data from us. But then I realized that this is the beauty in the products...we can turn it into what works for us. This has really made my overall experience with the product a great one.

Pros

I started using VSys One about nine years ago when I joined my organization. They had purchased it about a year prior, but were still very green in figuring out the different features. What I love is that the product that we have today is not the same from nine years ago. It has evolved based on customer's feedback and requests. I appreciate being able to call customer service with a problem, and then learning that there are features that are there to suit my needs.

Cons

Initially, there were constant webinars being offered that assisted new users in learning more about the system. That has not happened for a while, and I know that getting that going is a large task. In the meantime, I appreciate the catalogue of prior webinars available on their website for our newer users to learn from. I've often referred our newer staff to those, as well as the online documentation to search for answers.

JC

Janice C.

VSys is Great!

Although it does take some time to learn and utilize all of the features, utilizing the online manual or calling support will usually get your needs fulfilled. Support staff are extremely responsive.

Pros

Everything we need to do has a place in this software. It offers far more than we need.

Cons

The references to html content confuses me and complicates some things. Sometimes the page layouts are not so pretty to look at.

KG

Kimberly G.

VSysOne Review (2019-2021)

Data management and access is probably my most valuable use. The more I learn about VSysOne, the more valuable it becomes. Again, the support teams, VSysOne and VSysLive have greatly enhanced my learning and comfort with the product.

Pros

Orientation and other checklists. Storing and tracking required documents such as background checks, health records. Reports are also very valuable; most are user friendly but more education would be welcome. Your support teams are awesome. They know their product and can you usually resolve any question promptly. And, when they don't know an answer, they're not afraid to seek out assistance from their team members. VSysLive is especially responsive and effective.

Cons

The "thinking" - it's nice to know the software is doing something but it could be faster - especially when opening a profile - something we have to do multiple times. I can understand it is calculating data for a report, but looking 'stuff' up shouldn't take so long.

PC

Pamela C.

Performing Arts, 51-200 employees

Great Company

I love working with VSys One and all of those that give support. VSYS has always given exceptional customer service. We had a unique situation and needed some of the program built specifically for our theaters and they were so helpful in building a product that met all of our needs

Pros

The product is very easy to use even for some of our users with very limited computer skills.

Cons

Some of the reporting features are a bit confusing and don't always give the information immediately needed.

MF

Megan F.

Wonderful Product

My overall experience has been excellent. I have worked at two different organizations who use Vsys. Each organization set it up differently (Vsys is very customizable), and Vsys staff members are always there to help.

Pros

I love all of the features Vsys One offers. I can run reports on almost anything, automate most of our onboarding process, and keep track of health documents, trainings, etc. My favorite features include the job slots/calendar tool as well as the automatic emails that remind volunteers of their schedule each week. It is also wonderful that they have support (real people!) that you can call for any help you need.

Cons

The software takes some time to learn just like any other software. There are multiple ways to do everything which is good, but while you are trying to learn if people show you multiple different ways to do one thing it can be confusing.

VSys is Amazing

The entire team at VSys One is amazing. They are the most responsive support team I have ever worked with.

Pros

We now keep data in one system, where we used to have 3+ systems to do this VSys Live allows volunteers to manage their own data (e.g. we don't have to run hours reports for our volunteers, they can do this themselves) Love that my staff can access information remotely, don't have to be in hospital to access database

Cons

The functionality is so huge that we are still learning about it everyday. It's been 4 years and I feel like I am using about 50% of the total functionality. I don't think this is a con though. We know that if we need a new function, it is probably already available and we just need to learn to use it.

AL

Allyson L.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

This robust program meets our needs

VSysOne has been a game changer for my department. VSysOne is so fully integrated in every part of our daily work I am not sure what we would do without it.

Pros

This product is robust and can handle almost anything that a Health System Volunteer Services program might need. Our Education and Learning Services Department and Medical Staff Department have also signed on and are managing student requests through VSysOne.

Cons

This might be a con for some people, but there are multiple pathways to the same outcome in this software. This might be confusing for some learners of this program. I like the flexibility. We are currently using VSysLive and have a cloud based set up. Sometimes our service runs a little slow.

BW

Brian W.

MFB VSys Review

Pros

The possibilities with VSys are endless. The ability to create custom forms with pictures, links and attachments is great. Also being able to have volunteers upload requirements makes the onboarding process much more efficient and eliminates the need for paper. Customer Service is also very helpful and can work through any problems you might have.

Cons

The possibilities are endless but there is A LOT of behind the scenes effort that goes into creating the forms and pages. Unfortunately, VSys is not the most user friendly operating system when it comes to creating forms and the reporting tool. it helpful to have customer service set those up but again it is a lot of work. There are also times when systems that have been in place for awhile just stop working, such as notifications and or sections on forms.

JB

Johanna B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,001+ employees

What else do you need?

Awesome! Every single person we work with is consistently personable and extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

Pros

It's capable of doing almost anything you need it to and on the rare occasion that it doesn't, the software team at VSys either makes it happen or finds a work around. Best support team ever, software or otherwise! Also really appreciate the control we have to be able to readily adapt the software to meet our specific needs.

Cons

Scheduling for multiple shifts per day, such as two shifts, every two hours, 24/7. We haven't found a great way to create and then be able to share with staff, in a format that's easy for them to read. That being said, we haven't tried to use any of the scheduling tools in quite a while so perhaps it's time to give it another go.

JD

Jenny D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Best Software Out There

I recommend this software to everyone I meet because the look and feel is appreciated by our volunteers, the reporting is one click and includes all the details you could ever imagine, and it saves me at least 20 hours a week (compared to my previous software), so I can be away from my desk more and with our volunteers. I truly am thankful for VSys One and look forward to the many, many more years ahead!

Pros

The AMAZING customer service by all members of their team. Fast email response time, via phone and/or email, even the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] will reach out and ask if I have any "wish list" items that can possibly be included in an upcoming update. The reporting, customization, all of the above is great.

Cons

To be honest, I don't have anything negative to say here, which is great!

ME

Meredith E.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

VSys Platform and Customer Service is Great!

Let me qualify my previous answers/ratings above by stating that I am not tech savvy. Therefore, the customer service team at VSys is what makes it such a wonderful company. They are patient, knowledgeable and very friendly. I appreciate your customer service team very much for they make navigating VSys much easier thus allowing me to do my job without the frustration of endless troubleshooting.

Pros

I like the easy access to our volunteer information through VSys and the different ways to manage it and run reports.

Cons

I find that the software is not intuitive at times and that I need to call customer service often for guidance and support.