Wagepoint

Simple payroll software built just for small businesses.

Wagepoint Reviews

Pros

Our clients love that the employees have their own log on to retrieve paystubs and annual T-slips and W-2 slips. Overall - best quality payroll service out there.

ML

Monika L.

Wagepoint is the most efficient, easy to use, cost-effective and accurate payroll service on the market. The reporting is great and the support team is fantastic.

ML

Monika L.

I real appreciate Wagepoint Support Team's help. The excellence of the support team is the top reason for me to recommend Wagepoint to my clients.

JJ

Jane J.

Cons

OMG I am fuming mad writing this review. They make me so angry, and I am not an angry person.

CM

Craig M.

We run into issues with this when converting clients sometimes that result in pay disruptions for employees.

JW

Jaclyn W.

Sure, but that'll cost you upwards of $100. Additionally, the reports failed to indicate my corporate FICA contributions, so I almost missed taking that substantial deduction.

RS

Rory S.

How would you rate Wagepoint?

VW

Vanessa W.

Owner

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

So easy to use

Transcript

Vanessa W: Hi, my name's Vanessa. I'm a president. I give Wagepoint a five out of five. For more reviews,...

Great option for Payroll

Transcript

Alita: Hi, I'm Alita. I'm an office manager. I give WagePoint four out of five stars. For more reviews...

Excellent customer service

The software helps manage employees on different schedules, contractual and permanent. It makes it easy to pay workers, calculate taxes with ease and directly deposit the salaries to the employees using the software. It is simple to understand and user friendly.

Pros

I must comment on the customer support team, they are always ready to help and respond to customer queries. Is it very useful in paying contractual staff daily , weekly and montly.

Cons

It is only suitable for small organizations, this limits its use in large multinational companies.

Best Canadian Payroll

LOVE wagepoint, always there to help and give assistance when you need it. Super easy and clean

Pros

Ease of use Clean interface Excellent service

Cons

Partner program New client setup and onboarding

Helpful and Prompt Customer Support

Time saver for year end reports and remissions.

Pros

Relatively easy to set up and implement. The customer support is also very competent and helpful.

Cons

The reports you can generate are not particularly customizable (and often not very helpful). I am also a Canadian user and it does not apply provincial labour laws to payroll (just federal). I also use Deputy for our schedule and time sheets and the uploads are not ideal (overtime, holiday pay, and sick days all need to be manually entered and retracted from time sheet uploads).

Thank you for the outstanding customer service

Love navigating easily to client files and collaborating with clients!

Pros

We love that the interface is mostly easy to navigate (for us and for the employees/employers who use it)

Cons

Navigating reports can be challenging and changing settings too but customer service is available to help tweak what you need from your payroll program.

Hi Denise, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we'll keep working making the reports easier and even more user-friendly. Michelle

Most User Friendly Payroll Company I've Used to date!

Pros

The website is very easy to use both as administrator and an employee. I've used other payroll companies (Payworks & Ceridian) both as an administrator and an employee and found this very user friendly compared to other sites. Everything is very straightforward, explanatory and easy to find.

Cons

I have no complaints about Wagepoint to date. Everything on their website is very user friendly and easy to find. I haven't had to use customer service yet for anything however our administrator has and I know he's said they have been incredibly helpful any time he has required any help or had questions.

RUN RUN RUN AWAY

Terrible. Spend an extra 5-10 per month and go with a company that will actually help you out. I have done payroll for over 20 years. Ive done it by hand and have used other companies. I decided to try to save some money and went with wagepoint. BIG mistake and ended up costing me more. I had an issue on one of my end of year forms that needed to get fixed. simple fix. or should have been but getting...

Pros

price is the only good thing about their service. Despite the price I would never ever recommend this service to someone. The customer service TERRIBLE. Don't ever expect a phone call back.

Cons

Zip, zero, zilch customer service. The customer service terrible. The user interface is not very good either.

Hi Craig, First, let us apologize. Second, let me pass this directly to our head of support who will reach out to speak with you directly. Michelle

Pros

We are a not-for-profit and do not have a wide selection of business professions who have expertise in the various small business departments such as payroll or HR. Wagepoint and their support staff feel like they are those professionals we need and provide outstanding support and service to us.

Cons

While there are a number of canned reports available to use (for no additional charge), I would like to see more of these reports made available.

A life/time saver!

Nothing but positive things to say

Pros

This software was so easy to use and so much better than our old payroll department which used to be onsite. Our payroll in never late, never has any mistakes.. human error is nil. we are also so thrilled with the customer service which answers immediately. Absolutely worth every penny!

Cons

Nothing - we love everything about this product

WagePoint is Awesome

It has been easy learning payroll using wagepoint. Customer service is great and very fast at providing help.

Pros

easy to use, great customer service, fast response

Cons

reports are confusing. Takes a bit of time to break all source deductions of EE and EP down to enter into accounting

Hi Tina, I'm really glad to see that you are happy with our app and our service. I'll be sure to share your feedback re: the reports with our dev team and see if we can make the process smoother for you. In the meantime, if you need anything else, please feel free to reach out to us via support@wagepoint.com at any time, and we'd be happy to help! Regards, Leena Thampan Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Excellent software and service.

We've been really happy with Wagepoint overall. It's a time saver and has been extremely easy to use. The few times we've had questions, the customer service has given us solutions immediately and were extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with!

Pros

Easy to navigate. The employees can look up their info easily. No problem setting up and removing rotating employees. Excellent customer service.

Cons

I really haven't had any issues that have disappointed me.

Wagepoint is easily the best payroll service we've used.

Pros

They respond to email questions *immediately* - an absolute treat to deal with. I never have to wait long for an answer (like, a couple hours at MOST), and they're more interested in making sure that they've solved your problem and you're satisfied than just "getting rid of you".

Cons

Sometimes if you wait till the last moment to process your payroll their servers are busy, but it doesn't happen often.

Very Good Experience

Overall I have had a very good experience and if I ever need to I email the support team who are very prompt in responding

Pros

I enjoy the step by step process in inserting my employees information and their salary is automatically generated. It’s very quick and not time consuming.

Cons

I wish that each page would save automatically. You have to manually click the save button and if you leave the page without clicking that save button, you lose all the information entered and thus waste your time.

Thank you so much. It's great to hear from someone who's invested in smiles as much as we are.

Amazing customer service, easy platform

We're a small company and used Wagepoint from day one. The team has been fantastic in helping solve issues (like adjusting EI), educating us when we do something for the first time (like letting go of a staff member). The software is easy, but the customer support is truly the best part.

Pros

Ease of use. At first I was doing manually payrolls each week, but then got set up for automatic payroll and that made everything feel like magic.

Cons

Would like some additional support for when hiring a staff member to pro-rate their first pay automatically, but right now customer support helps with that.

Easy paycheck

It has saved ton of time and money and able to keep track of everything in one spot

Pros

Keel up with timesheets do payroll all in one saves time and money

Cons

Can't say anything negative at this time

Very User Friendly Software

Definitely a WOW factor.

Pros

The software is excellent for small scale operations. Very user-friendly, interactive with QuickBooks accounting software, easy to work within. Any time we have had to reach out to Customer Support, the speed of response and quality of response has been beyond impressive. Highly recommend Wagepoint for payroll administration and processing of payroll.

Cons

Would not suggest anything negative from our experience with this software.

Wagepoint ROCKS!

So far it's been amazing. I can't speak highly enough about their support team - truly exceptional. The platform is easy to use, they have lots of great articles and support is always there to assist.

Pros

Support! Their support team sets the bar VERY high for other software companies - their response time is great (even with our time zone variance!) their staff is very friendly and helpful! They make me look like a rockstar to my clients! Clients love this app.

Cons

The reports....I never know which report I'm needing. I'd like to see a YTD report that shows ALL employees and totalled - similar to the sage detail report - clean and simple.

Actually, we think you ROCK!

Incredible Customer Support

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our team member at Wagepoint is honestly the reason we stay with the company. She responds to emails in minutes, and always has simple and easy advice that solves our problems or answers our questions. She is awesome.

Cons

There are some limitations, but overall it gets the job done.

Easy to check paystub and t4s

I am able to easily review my pay information each pay.

Pros

It is very easy to check my paystub each pay and see my pay information. I am also able to easily view my t4 for taxes.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about Wagepoint. We use it specifically for pay stubs and pay information so no complaints.

Wagepoint to the rescue....

"Thank You" for such a great payroll program. I was audited last week by the state tax department of WV and everything was perfect. I was able to go onto the Wagepoint website and pull off all the documents that the auditor had requested. I overpaid $173, but that was paid in by me, (my fault), before I switched to WagePoint. Thought you might like to know that it was a great audit and I was of course a happy camper. Your customer service people are also great to work with and they return phone calls very promptly. Super happy that I switched over to WagePoint, it is saving me hundreds of dollars a year compared to my old payroll system.

Pros

You can put it on auto pilot and it makes payroll life easier. It only takes me 5 minutes or less to do the payroll.

Cons

nothing I can think of...

Love Wagepoint, makes my life so much easier!

I don't often write reviews but this software makes my life so much easier and they have the best customer service ever. We run a software company and they model the type of customer service every company should offer. They respond to our questions right away and go above and beyond. They are also readily accessible via telephone, any time. Even during 'off' hours, we'll get a response.

Cons

Hi Popy, Thank you for being so awesome :) Customers like you make all the difference, and we wouldn't have made it as far as we have without your support. If you need anything at all, you know where to find me :) Cheers, Leena

Excellent Customer Support

Pros

. Very knowledgeable staff . Prompt service . Easy setup and workflow . Caters to all of our business payroll needs

Cons

There is nothing obvious that jumps out for me.

Hi Shivam! Thanks for your positive review. If you have any questions or feedback that come up in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out :) Thanks again! Erika

Pros

This software is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

There is nothing at this time that I don't like.

Hi Kelly! Thanks so much for your review. Please let us know if you have any feedback in the future. We're always looking for ways to improve our software to make it more user-friendly for our customers. :) Thanks again! Erika

Amazing Full Features Automatic Payroll!

It's been excellent and I hope to stay with them for years. I'm able to run my business without worrying about the headache of payroll.

Pros

I decided on this product just for the automatic tax filing of the 1099s/W2s and quarterly reports on my behalf. Anything to help save me time from doing any tax work is fully appreciated. The website actually goes well above and beyond with the free reports you're able to generate for your needs, the flexibility of modifying payments and running one time payments, it's so fully featured I'm amazed at how it's able to stay so cheap and offer so much.

Cons

If I had to name one thing it would be the lack of easy documentation for doing more complex payroll activities, such as garnishing an employee for child support but a simple email to their support email and I got my answer.

Good software for payroll and pay stub management

I use Wagepoint once a month to access my pay stubs to do my personal finance management. It does the job, but could have a better UX and more advanced features.

Pros

I like how easy it is to access my pay stubs from my computer or mobile device in a few clicks. This software is simple and straightforward, however it's missing some features and could have a better user experience.

Cons

The user experience is definitely outdated. It's not super intuitive to navigate the tool to find what you need. Also, this software doesn't provide a high degree of customized searches or filtering. There could be more formats options for file download as well.

Great so far!

Pros

It's been a year since we came onboard and we couldn't be happier with the product and the level of customer service their team provides. We used ADP prior to Wagepoint and running each payroll was just dreadful. Wagepoint is superior to ADP and running payroll with Wagepoint is really simple and smooth. We are glad that we made the switch a year ago.

Cons

No major downside, their price is on point.