Wagepoint Reviews

Wagepoint

Simple, Fast and Friendly Online Payroll Software

4.67/5 (166 reviews)

Pros
  • Our clients love the online portal and we love that employees can update their own personal information. Wagepoint support is great, and helps us with the set-ups that are less straight forward.Tracy L.Read the full review
  • They make all the functions super easy to find and navigate around the pages. Their customer support is extremely professional, and I have only ever had wonderfully helpful people.Kaitlen C.Read the full review
  • Wagepoint is the most efficient, easy to use, cost-effective and accurate payroll service on the market. The reporting is great and the support team is fantastic.Monika L.Read the full review
Cons
  • OMG I am fuming mad writing this review. They make me so angry, and I am not an angry person.Craig M.Read the full review
  • Silly as it may sound the pulldown menus. Not being able to use the "triangle" and having to just click into the box has played havoc with my mind.Gerry K.Read the full review
  • I also use Deputy for our schedule and time sheets and the uploads are not ideal (overtime, holiday pay, and sick days all need to be manually entered and retracted from time sheet uploads).Laura G.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Tracy Lampron, CPB

Wagepoint to the rescue

Reviewed 2020-01-24

Great customer service and easy use of product.

Pros
As an accounting firm that processes payroll for many clients, it's nice to have a payroll software that is easy to use. Our clients love the online portal and we love that employees can update their own personal information. Wagepoint support is great, and helps us with the set-ups that are less straight forward. Thanks to Wagepoint year ends are a breeze.

Cons
Reporting, I wish list would be that when I find a report that I like that there would be a way to bookmark the report. Also better reporting that shows the remittances made to Quebec and Federal. Right now this all in on report. Also an approval process, so that once I have submitted payroll, that there was a final approval process by the client.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Tracy,
Thanks for the great review. Your feedback on the reports will be shared with the team.

Kaitlen Coburn

Must Use Payroll Software

Reviewed 2019-07-26

Wagepoint is our go-to payroll processor. It is super user-friendly, for both myself as the administrator and for our client's employees. We have 16 of our clients on Wagepoint, and that number is continuously growing as it's the processor that we recommend if our current/new clients are looking for a change, or haven't even started on payroll yet.

Pros
Wagepoint is extremely user friendly. They make all the functions super easy to find and navigate around the pages. Their customer support is extremely professional, and I have only ever had wonderfully helpful people. You are able to integrate to QBO and "push" your payroll journal entries to your payroll clearing account. Super easy to reconcile! Wagepoint submits ROEs, T4s, source deductions, WSIB, and EHT on your behalf. Never have to worry about manual payments!

Cons
Wagepoint is still growing, and it has some functionalities that are still in the works, such as being able to break out CPP and EI in a journal entry for separate departments, or being able to pull in project codes and times from T-Sheets to classify employee's work times automatically instead of manually. All of the basic+ functionalities work wonderfully though. The only viable method of customer support is through email, which can take a while if something is super urgent. Calling in can get you an 'urgent' status, but you still have to wait for someone to contact you back instead of being able to talk to someone on the spot.

Jason McDonald

Waste of Time and Money

Reviewed 2019-07-20

Run away!

Pros
It had the appearance of functionality. At first, I thought they understood the withholdings and filings that needed to be made.

Cons
We had issues from the moment we started the setup process (which was not as straightforward as the web site led us to believe ). Many things needed to be clarified and corrected after the setup process and Wagepoint was not available for quick contact most of that time. Customer service is nearly non-existent. But the final reason we left was that their ACH processor, NatPay, suggested our business was related to products we have nothing to do with and WITHOUT PROVIDING ANY DATA placed the burden of proof on us. This happened without warning and Wagepoint simply parroted their inquiry. In fact, the evidence they asked from us was our URL, as if that would have proven anything. I could have given them any URL I wanted. This silly request from an already difficult little Canadian company (Yes, based on Nova Scotia) was not worth my time, trust, or effort and we fired them. Now, we pay them nothing to do what we were already half-doing to begin with to support our completely legal and ethical company that has nothing to do with the shady business they suggested. I would disagree with the user whose review stated you get what you pay for with Wagepoint. I did not pay to be irritated by a service company.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Jason,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience while getting set up with Wagepoint.

As a payroll company, we are required to put all prospective customers through rigorous screening before we can do business with them. While we're attempting to better our processes, there are times when legitimate companies get caught in the risk filters. This might be the case with your company. Unfortunately, as a company policy, we cannot override those decisions. I understand your frustration and I'm sorry that we couldn't work with your business.

Sincerely,
Shrad Rao, Wagepoint CEO

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Gerry Kennon

Service Extraordinaire!

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-11-04

The AWESOME support team provides answers almost instantaneously for any questions or concerns. This type of response and caring are beyond my wildest dreams. Very seldom have I had to wait beyond 24 hours for a response, which may ask for further clarification of the question or it could be the needed answer and action requirements are spelled out for dealing with the problem at hand.

Pros
Wagepoint is very user-friendly and intuitive.

Cons
Silly as it may sound.....the pulldown menus....not being able to use the "triangle" and having to just click into the box has played havoc with my mind. There used to be a "knowledgebase" where you could go and easily find a solution to your problem without having to overthink how I need to ask the question to get an answer, before having to send out a note to the support team. This has now gone by way of the dodo bird and quite honestly I feel it should be revived.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Gerry! Thanks so much for your positive review.

In relation to your concern about our knowledge base - we switched systems a few months back, so the KB is now housed at wagepoint.kayako.com. You'll be able to find all our updated articles there for your reference :)

We appreciate you being a customer and sharing your feedback! Please reach out if you have additional questions or recommendations.

Thanks again!
Erika

Markus McDaniel

Wagepoint Rocks!

Reviewed 2019-10-18

I very much enjoy Wagepoint - and if there's any struggles or questions, the support team is a quick email away. Their support team finds you the answer and actually helps you, which is why I didn't bother using QBO's built-in payroll... Their support team is nowhere near as helpful as Wagepoint's.

Pros
Compared to other softwares, Wagepoint sorts things in logical places, which in turn makes things easy to find. Learning the layout comes with ease. The auto source deduction remittances have also been a huge life saver - less things to worry about!

Cons
If there was a con, like a missing report or details we wanted to see, we simply suggested and asked if something like that could be created... And a couple months later, they actually made it happen!

Craig Mortensen

RUN RUN RUN AWAY

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2020-03-17

Terrible. Spend an extra 5-10 per month and go with a company that will actually help you out. I have done payroll for over 20 years. Ive done it by hand and have used other companies. I decided to try to save some money and went with wagepoint. BIG mistake and ended up costing me more. I had an issue on one of my end of year forms that needed to get fixed. simple fix. or should have been but getting a hold of someone that knew what needed to be done and then actually getting them to do it was a nightmare. On top of that they charged me $400 to have it done. Fine, I paid it. It was partially my fault. They were supposed to make all the corrections and make the corrections so it wouldnt happen again. NOPE!. Shame on me I continued to use them for the next year. Lo and behold the next year the same thing happens and then they want to charge me again to have it fixed when I already paid them to fix it the first time and they never made the changes. OMG I am fuming mad writing this review. They make me so angry, and I am not an angry person. PLEASE do yourself a favor and go with someone that will actually help you out and not try to rip you off and charge you twice for something.

Pros
price is the only good thing about their service. Despite the price I would never ever recommend this service to someone. The customer service TERRIBLE. Don't ever expect a phone call back.

Cons
Zip, zero, zilch customer service. The customer service terrible. The user interface is not very good either.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Craig,
First, let us apologize. Second, let me pass this directly to our head of support who will reach out to speak with you directly.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Michael Sovereign

Top Canadian Option for Payroll

Reviewed 2019-10-24

It is the only payroll software I use for my clients and is the recommendation I make to others when consulting on payroll software. Wagepoint is a great company with incredible people. In the past 18 months I have been using Wagepoint I have had nothing but incredible service and happy clients.

Pros
Customer support is incredibly fast, efficient and knowledgeable. Product is easy to use and thus my recommendation for small business owner's doing their own payroll. Reports are better visually than other payroll providers. Great value for money.

Cons
I don't like the prefill on the stat holiday calculation based on 1/28. In reality stat holidays are bit trickier to calculate in Alberta than a straight formula.

Virginia MacCuspic

Wagepoint Payroll System Review

Reviewed 2019-11-08

Ive been using wagepoint for over 3 years and I love it and use it with all my clients that need payroll services

Pros
Ease of use and excellent customer service and price

Cons
Possibly the fact that I havent integrated it with QBO but I havent tried recently

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Virginia! Thanks so much for your review.

We're glad you're having a positive experience so far. If you're looking to integrate Wagepoint with your existing QBO account, you can follow our step-by-step guide to get yourself set up: https://wagepoint.kayako.com/article/58-quickbooks-online-integration

Hope this helps! Thanks again for being a customer with us :)
- Erika

Anonymous

Does everything you need

Reviewed 2019-12-04

I recommend Wagepoint to all my clients. It is easy to reach customer support and use.

Pros
This software does everything you need it to do - it definitely competes against the market leaders (Ceridian, ADP) and is significantly less expensive.

Cons
I would like some more advanced reporting options.

Susana Perez Ramirez

Great customer service

Reviewed 2019-12-06

Excellent customer service

Pros
Save time at calculating the holidays and issuing the Yearly reports to CRA

Cons
The communication is through email rather than phone

Response from Wagepoint

Thanks for your feedback, Susana. It's very much appreciated.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Monika Lunan

Best Payroll Service out there!

Reviewed 2019-10-09

I can rely on Wagepoint to be able to process payroll efficiently and accurately on a daily basis. If I need help, the support team is there to answer any of my questions and or solve anything that is out of the ordinary.

Pros
We are a mid-size accounting and bookkeeping firm and payroll is a large part of our services for both Canadian and US payroll. Wagepoint is the most efficient, easy to use, cost-effective and accurate payroll service on the market. The reporting is great and the support team is fantastic! I never have to worry about payroll processing. Our clients love that the employees have their own log on to retrieve paystubs and annual T-slips and W-2 slips. Overall - best quality payroll service out there!

Cons
None so far and I have used this service over 3 years!

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Monika,
We are beyond delighted that you and your clients are so happy. Payroll is mission-critical and it doesn't have to be a pain.

Jane Jiang

We use lots of Software. Among them, Wagepoint is my most favorite one.

Reviewed 2019-12-07

Wagepoint support team helped me a lot. They created customized GL for my client, created incomes and deductions codes for my clients. Whenever I have question, I always get help. I have learned a lot from the support team. So professional and powerful a team.

Pros
Easy to use, friendly, professional, functional. I real appreciate Wagepoint Support Team's help. The excellence of the support team is the top reason for me to recommend Wagepoint to my clients.

Cons
I hope the deductions can be imported in the near future. I like the earnings import function.

Janine Burge

Excellent customer service to back up a very user friendly product

Reviewed 2019-12-06

Aside from the report period variation described above, Wagepoint has been very easy to use and the customer support (when needed) has been very quick and helpful.

Pros
-Very user friendly for business owners as well as bookkeepers -Easy set up and clean dashboard -Employees love direct deposit and ease of access for paystubs/T4's -Business Owners like the WSIB and Tax payments

Cons
We recently underwent a payroll audit and had to produce 12 months of reports. Although the source deductions must be calculated and remitted monthly by Wagepoint on the back end, the only reports available on the user side were based on pay periods. Since my client has weekly payruns, it was very tedious to download each week and the auditor was not thrilled having to consolidate it and try to match monthly remittances.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Nancy Addison

Ease of Use and Auto Run

Reviewed 2019-10-22

We required an online solution for payroll to integrate with our cloud technology. Not being payroll specialist ourselves, we have found WagePoint support invaluable. Their response time and insight is amazing!!

Pros
We have found WagePoint software to be intuitive and easy to implement. Their auto-run feature is fantastic! Set it and forget it for salaried employess. This has been a huge time saver for us. We have only recommended WagePoint to our clients since our first introduction to them two years ago. WagePoint fits well in our cloud environment.

Cons
There has been no query that support has not been able to address and solve for us. Our payroll needs are not advanced and WagePoint has been able to meet all requirements. We really have no cons to mention.

Carleen van Hoesel

Great product!

Reviewed 2019-11-13

Pros
I really like the ease of setting up a payroll to run and how simple it is to pay hourly and salaried staff. Updating employee data is simple. I also like that a GL can be assigned to particular earnings or deductions. I also like getting the confirmation email after the payroll has been submitted as a peace of mind to know that it's been processed. Customer support, although only through email, is amazingly fast and often resolve an issue within two messages. Integration with other timesheet apps is easy and makes processing payroll that much faster. The online support documents are helpful when you need a high level or quick answer to a question.

Cons
I find the reporting is very limited - it would be nice to create a custom report with specific parameters, as well as a choice of output options on the report. Some reports are only available in a pdf format, which is not always the best option. I also find mapping the chart of accounts for accounting integration is difficult and it is almost impossible to find where an error is without involving assistance from Customer Service.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Caitlin MacGregor

Best payroll provider!

Reviewed 2016-06-27

We switched our payroll from Ceridian to Wagepoint 2 years ago. I dreaded having to login to Ceridian because it was so archaic and not user friendly at all. It was so hard to find information. I could feel myself getting emotionally frustrated. I hated that I was asking my employees to also use such an outdated piece of software that would also cause them frustration and pain. Then I switched to Wagepoint and my biggest regret was that I didn't switch sooner. Wagepoint is sooo easy to use, it's incredibly automated and their team is incredibly helpful. I never have to worry about anything with Wagepoint. I never miss a payment, I never pay late because of a holiday. I love that it modern and easy for my employees to use. Using Wagepoint is the best decision I have ever made when it comes to payroll!

Pros
Automated. Payroll happens seamlessly every two weeks. Beautiful easy to use interface. Excellent Customer Service. I'm never late with payroll because of a holiday. My employees enjoy using Wagepoint.

Cons
I honestly have never come across a con while using this software. Anytime I've had a question I get immediate support.

Celeste Percy-Beauregard

This software will make your life so much easier!!!

Reviewed 2016-07-25

Wagepoint is so easy to use! Friendly staff who will go above and beyond-- couldn't imagine doing payroll without them!

Pros
-Ease of use-- this software makes complete sense. -Great staff with a fast response time. -Love how staff can check their own paystubs and T4s on their own online account-- environmentally friendly and time-saving not having to print them each time!

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Celeste,

I'm so happy to hear that you love the app and our service. Amazing customers like you make it easy for us to go above and beyond :)

If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're always here for you.

Leena Thampan
Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Alison Giovannetti

Amazing Payroll Software!

Reviewed 2016-08-03

Wagepoint has been attentive to our needs and thorough with their service from the beginning when we started working with them in 2010. All the support staff are fantastic to deal with and the software makes the payroll part of my job a whiz.

Pros
Fast customer support, the ability to process everything myself, the ability to customize payroll needs, the use of automated reporting and automated remittance and the ease of use

Cons
Xero integration does not work in the easiest way for all customers

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Alison,
We're just as excited about having you as a long time customer :) Thank you for all the kind words, and we appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback.
I'll be sure to share your comments about the Xero integration with our dev team and and see if we can make it even better.
In the meantime, if you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us via support@wagepoint.com, and we'd be happy to help!
Cheers,

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Krista Hare

The best choice for a small - medium business

Reviewed 2017-03-21

We have been with Wagepoint for almost 3 years now. There are a couple of features that I would like to see added, but otherwise the UI and functionality are quite good. The thing that really sets Wagepoint apart is their customer service. I am always impressed by their attentiveness, accessibility and ability to fix all of my problems!

Pros
The customer service and the intuitive UI. I also really appreciate the reminder emails.

Cons
I would like the software to pro-rate pay if I have a new employee starting mid pay period. I would also appreciate the option to rollback the payroll if I catch an error (however, their CS can do that for you if you ask!).

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Krista,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. We are actually working on a mid-cycle feature that will prorate the pay based off an employee's hire date, even if they start mid pay period. We'll be sending out an email notice when this feature is released along with some other exciting updates :)

It is feedback like yours that helps us improve our product. Thank you for all your support.

Cheers,

Jennie Moore

Wagepoint will eliminate your payroll pain

Reviewed 2016-06-23

My practice was eager to streamline its workflows as it related to payroll. We have fully embraced Cloud Technology and with such needed to find an online solution for payroll. Since implementing Wagepoint our firm has saved roughly an incredible amount of time, we now can focus on what our client really want.....Feedback.

Pros
Not sure if 1500 characters is enough to mention all the Pros. So here they are in short form: Employee Portal for employees to view T4 & Paystubs and change address info. Direct deposit. Auto remittance to CRA for payroll deductions. Auto remittance to WSIB for workers compensation premiums, auto Record of Employment generation (perfect for seasonal clients), EHT remittances, easy reports to export to Quickbooks Online or other cloud accounting solutions. Employees can divide pay into 3 CDN$ bank accounts. Multiple pay groups allowed. Easy to implement. Customer service totally ROCKS!!! Easy request to auto populate deductions....AND HERE IS THE BEST PART.....it automatically calculates Stat Pay!!! Whoot Whoot!

Cons
I would like to see more time keeping applications be able to integrate into this platform.

Dana Rodenbeck

One of the Best Payroll Softwares

Reviewed 2019-02-01

Wagepoint is very easy to use and has always provide the most accurate info and reporting. Not only is it an amazing payroll software but their customer support is the best I've ever seen. I never have to worry about running into problems because I know that they will respond quickly and help me resolve and issues I have.

Pros
This software is extremely user friendly, it provides reminder emails, I am able to customize payroll and the deductions needed, and the customer support is the best I have ever experienced.

Cons
I do not have any complaints with this software. On the rare occasion that i have an issue, their customer support if on top of it. I never have to wait and always receive a quick response.

Deborah Shure

We love Wagepoint!

Reviewed 2016-07-25

Wagepoint has provided amazing support and service. Their product is exceptional, and their response to any situation is quick and reliable.

Pros
Wagepoint is available 24/7, is so simple to use, and is accurate an reliable.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Deborah,

We love you right back :) Thank you for being so awesome and supportive as a customer. We really appreciate it.

If you need anything at all, feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're always happy to help.

Leena Thampan
Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Laura Gay

Very fast responses!

Reviewed 2019-11-06

Great - we love the software and the customer service!

Pros
The team at Wagepoint is amazing and their response time is impressive! We have contacted them twice in the last two days and they have responded back within minutes. The software is so easy to use!

Cons
The one thing I would recommend is that Administrator's have the ability to update their team members and the ability to assign clients to those team members rather than having the whole team able to access all the clients. This would help from an internal controls perspective.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Laura! Thanks for your positive review.

We're so glad you've had a good experience with our support team! We take great pride in our friendly service.

Per your note on internal controls, that's a great suggestion about assigning roles within your partner account. We're currently working on updating a number of features for accounting partners, so we will definitely take this feature into consideration.

Thanks again!
Erika

Summer Ridley

Cannot do payroll without it!

Reviewed 2019-12-03

I want to say a big Thank You to the support team! They saved my day many times!

Pros
1)processes are easy to follow and adjust. 2)Customer support team are amazing!!!

Cons
If I have to say one, sometimes it is hard to get reports as exactly what I want, but not a big trouble to me. Still functions perfectly.

Hans Ning

Great payroll software and service, but could use polish

Reviewed 2018-04-25

Pros
Love the series that come with the software. Payroll is fast in most cases. Track app is also really cool, but in obvious beta. Really looking forward to it becoming fuller (would be amazing to see scheduling and timesheet management!). Customer service is e-mail only, but they are super helpful and thorough.

Cons
The whole interface is a bit dated, and for some reason, everything is squished into a small division on a page. Making the window bigger doesn't show extra information. It seems limiting, and the next two issues probably stem from this design choice. Paying vacation is a pain. You have to take the accrued vacation, then divide it by their pay, so you can add it to the pay in HOUR format. Why not just have the information available on the main payroll screen and add it as dollar amounts? Strange manual work for a product that is so automatic otherwise. Adding tips is a strange too. You have to manually choose to add tips every time. Should be configurable to always show tips column, for example. Reports could be more customizable. Like totals for specific time periods. Quebec support could be a bit better.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Hans,
We are making some design upgrades to the product (estimated release by the end of Q2 2018) that I think will make the process a lot smoother for you. If you are open to it, I'd love to share the designs with you and get your thoughts.