Wagepoint Reviews

Wagepoint

Simple, Fast and Friendly Online Payroll Software

Wagepoint

Cannot do payroll without it!

I want to say a big Thank You to the support team! They saved my day many times!

Pros

1)processes are easy to follow and adjust. 2)Customer support team are amazing!!!

Cons

If I have to say one, sometimes it is hard to get reports as exactly what I want, but not a big trouble to me. Still functions perfectly.

Great for founders

Pros

I LOVE Wagepoint. I can't imagine having to do all this stuff myself - entrepreneurs shouldn't be spending time on things like getting all the accountys right, worrying if they've made the correct filings with the government etc. My employee (hopefully making that plural, soon) loves it too, and he is not easily impressed by UX/UI.

Cons

The only think is that with the Xero integration, the reports don't export automatically. So, every two weeks, I have to go in and push a few buttons to send it to Xero. Honestly, not that big of a deal, and still way better than any alternative, but it will be awesome when they add that automation.

Hi Tom, Love received and much appreciated. I'll also pass the notes on the Xero integration to the team. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. All the best, Michelle

Amazing Support

Wagepoint support is AWESOME. They are quick to respond to my questions and needs, very helpful and knowledgeable, very thorough and honest in their answers, and so friendly! I would absolutely recommend this team to any small business owner, they are just wonderful.

Pros

Everything an employer needs for payroll Set it up once, and it automatically handles payroll going forward Changes are at your fingertips Very reasonable fees compared to other payroll companies Great communications regarding deadlines, changes with holiday paycheck timing, etc.

Cons

I don't know where to find everything in the software when I need to make a change - but that is only due to my lack of experience/training in the payroll process and infrequency using this product; this is where Wagepoint's wonderful support team comes in and talks me through, step by step, whatever I need.

Great payroll software and service, but could use polish

Pros

Love the series that come with the software. Payroll is fast in most cases. Track app is also really cool, but in obvious beta. Really looking forward to it becoming fuller (would be amazing to see scheduling and timesheet management!). Customer service is e-mail only, but they are super helpful and thorough.

Cons

The whole interface is a bit dated, and for some reason, everything is squished into a small division on a page. Making the window bigger doesn't show extra information. It seems limiting, and the next two issues probably stem from this design choice. Paying vacation is a pain. You have to take the accrued vacation, then divide it by their pay, so you can add it to the pay in HOUR format. Why...

Hi Hans, We are making some design upgrades to the product (estimated release by the end of Q2 2018) that I think will make the process a lot smoother for you. If you are open to it, I'd love to share the designs with you and get your thoughts. Regards, Leena

GREAT and EASY to use

Use wagepoint for my payroll service and love that it is quick and easy to use. Helped us when our accounting program stopped being supported and tax tables were not available.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to access reports

Cons

That vacation is only accrued by percentage instead of hours as all our employees receive 3 weeks vacation and the accrual in wagepoint does not accurately reflect this. None of my employees are receiving notifications that their pay stubs are available.

Hi Nicole, Thank you for your kind words, and we also appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We took a look at your account set up and noticed that employees had not been invited to set up their Wagepoint self-serve accounts. We have taken care of this on our end, so moving forward, your employees will receive an email notification to let them know their pay stubs are ready for viewing. As for the vacation accrual, would you be interested in a demo of our paid time off management app, Luna? It's fully integrated with Wagepoint and vacation balances are automatically updated. It might help with the issue you are experiencing. Either way, I look forward to hearing from you. Regards, Leena Thampan Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Great Customer Support

Pros

Easy to use with tracking hours and importing into the bi-weekly processing.

Cons

Processing Terminations and ROE's is done after processing rather part of the processing. It's an extra step and can easily be missed.

Great for small businesses!

Easy to use and most clients are happy with the product. Their payroll remittance compliance and accuracy of the information improves significantly over manual processing.

Pros

I like the auto-run feature for all salary business as well as the easy to use software for processing pay periods.

Cons

The cutoff of 9:00am PST can be challenging to meet. It is particularly hard to make work if you run a Thursday pay date after a Sunday pay period end. We run into issues with this when converting clients sometimes that result in pay disruptions for employees.

Perfect for our Small Business

Pros

Wagepoint's customer service is incredible. They never judge my limited knowledge of payroll processing and taxation issues, and always provide very clear instructions and options when issues come up. Not only that, they hold my hand through any troubleshooting that needs to take place (and often do it for me . . .). The system is fairly intuitive, and there are processes in place to prevent any major catastrophes from my lack of payroll knowledge!

Cons

It's tricky to figure out the pay periods (paid from -DATE- to -DATE-) because we are in a gig based industry, so predicting future compensation is not possible. Likely there is a solution that can be found in the Q&A and tutorials, but I have not explored it yet.

Easy to use and stress free

We originally used Sage Business Vision, a desktop product from the early 90's. It was garbage. Wagepoint allows me to spend time on important financial analysis rather then getting stuck in the weeds with payroll and remittances and missing filings. I never have to print out paystubs or T4's anymore. I can check it on vacation or send off-cycle payrolls in emergencies from anywhere with a browser.

Pros

The support team is amazing. The UI is intuitive. The remittances are stress free now. It's quite flexible.

Cons

There's not much not to like honestly. Maybe an easier way for employees to reset their own passwords when they forget them.

Assistance

The service when needed is extremely professional, helpful, and we are assisted in a timely manner. Anytime we have made mistakes we were assisted immediately and effectively. I appreciate greatly the service they provide and would recommend users to this software. It is very important to run a business efficiently and when you need help and have any concerns it makes our business run much more smoothly to have these tasks completed fast and correctly. The staff are extremely polite, understanding, helpful and ready to assist in any way which we value greatly.

Pros

Software is extremely easy to use and navigate.

Cons

I do not have any complaints on this product since I have used for the past year.

Wagepoint - great payroll service at a very reasonable price

Have used Wagepoint for about 3 years and have only had 3 or 4 instances when I needed any assistance. Each time they solved my issue in a super prompt and friendly manner. I have had previous experience with a different major payroll service provider and they are not even in the same league as Wagepoint when it comes to Customer Service.

Pros

Website is very friendly; easy to learn, easy to use and an average payroll requires very little time to complete. We don't even have to distribute paystubs. Wagepoint does that for us by providing each employees with online access to all their personal information.

Cons

Nothing is perfect but I can't think of any suggestions for improvement

Great customer service

Excellent customer service

Pros

Save time at calculating the holidays and issuing the Yearly reports to CRA

Cons

The communication is through email rather than phone

Thanks for your feedback, Susana. It's very much appreciated.

Helpful and Prompt Customer Support

Time saver for year end reports and remissions.

Pros

Relatively easy to set up and implement. The customer support is also very competent and helpful.

Cons

The reports you can generate are not particularly customizable (and often not very helpful). I am also a Canadian user and it does not apply provincial labour laws to payroll (just federal). I also use Deputy for our schedule and time sheets and the uploads are not ideal (overtime, holiday pay, and sick days all need to be manually entered and retracted from time sheet uploads).

Thank you for the outstanding customer service

Love navigating easily to client files and collaborating with clients!

Pros

We love that the interface is mostly easy to navigate (for us and for the employees/employers who use it)

Cons

Navigating reports can be challenging and changing settings too but customer service is available to help tweak what you need from your payroll program.

Hi Denise, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we'll keep working making the reports easier and even more user-friendly. Michelle

Excellent customer service

The software helps manage employees on different schedules, contractual and permanent. It makes it easy to pay workers, calculate taxes with ease and directly deposit the salaries to the employees using the software. It is simple to understand and user friendly.

Pros

I must comment on the customer support team, they are always ready to help and respond to customer queries. Is it very useful in paying contractual staff daily , weekly and montly.

Cons

It is only suitable for small organizations, this limits its use in large multinational companies.

Best Canadian Payroll

LOVE wagepoint, always there to help and give assistance when you need it. Super easy and clean

Pros

Ease of use Clean interface Excellent service

Cons

Partner program New client setup and onboarding

Most User Friendly Payroll Company I've Used to date!

Pros

The website is very easy to use both as administrator and an employee. I've used other payroll companies (Payworks & Ceridian) both as an administrator and an employee and found this very user friendly compared to other sites. Everything is very straightforward, explanatory and easy to find.

Cons

I have no complaints about Wagepoint to date. Everything on their website is very user friendly and easy to find. I haven't had to use customer service yet for anything however our administrator has and I know he's said they have been incredibly helpful any time he has required any help or had questions.

RUN RUN RUN AWAY

Terrible. Spend an extra 5-10 per month and go with a company that will actually help you out. I have done payroll for over 20 years. Ive done it by hand and have used other companies. I decided to try to save some money and went with wagepoint. BIG mistake and ended up costing me more. I had an issue on one of my end of year forms that needed to get fixed. simple fix. or should have been but getting...

Pros

price is the only good thing about their service. Despite the price I would never ever recommend this service to someone. The customer service TERRIBLE. Don't ever expect a phone call back.

Cons

Zip, zero, zilch customer service. The customer service terrible. The user interface is not very good either.

Hi Craig, First, let us apologize. Second, let me pass this directly to our head of support who will reach out to speak with you directly. Michelle

Easy paycheck

It has saved ton of time and money and able to keep track of everything in one spot

Pros

Keel up with timesheets do payroll all in one saves time and money

Cons

Can't say anything negative at this time

WagePoint is Awesome

It has been easy learning payroll using wagepoint. Customer service is great and very fast at providing help.

Pros

easy to use, great customer service, fast response

Cons

reports are confusing. Takes a bit of time to break all source deductions of EE and EP down to enter into accounting

Hi Tina, I'm really glad to see that you are happy with our app and our service. I'll be sure to share your feedback re: the reports with our dev team and see if we can make the process smoother for you. In the meantime, if you need anything else, please feel free to reach out to us via support@wagepoint.com at any time, and we'd be happy to help! Regards, Leena Thampan Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Wagepoint is easily the best payroll service we've used.

Pros

They respond to email questions *immediately* - an absolute treat to deal with. I never have to wait long for an answer (like, a couple hours at MOST), and they're more interested in making sure that they've solved your problem and you're satisfied than just "getting rid of you".

Cons

Sometimes if you wait till the last moment to process your payroll their servers are busy, but it doesn't happen often.

Very Good Experience

Overall I have had a very good experience and if I ever need to I email the support team who are very prompt in responding

Pros

I enjoy the step by step process in inserting my employees information and their salary is automatically generated. It’s very quick and not time consuming.

Cons

I wish that each page would save automatically. You have to manually click the save button and if you leave the page without clicking that save button, you lose all the information entered and thus waste your time.

Thank you so much. It's great to hear from someone who's invested in smiles as much as we are.

Amazing customer service, easy platform

We're a small company and used Wagepoint from day one. The team has been fantastic in helping solve issues (like adjusting EI), educating us when we do something for the first time (like letting go of a staff member). The software is easy, but the customer support is truly the best part.

Pros

Ease of use. At first I was doing manually payrolls each week, but then got set up for automatic payroll and that made everything feel like magic.

Cons

Would like some additional support for when hiring a staff member to pro-rate their first pay automatically, but right now customer support helps with that.

Wagepoint ROCKS!

So far it's been amazing. I can't speak highly enough about their support team - truly exceptional. The platform is easy to use, they have lots of great articles and support is always there to assist.

Pros

Support! Their support team sets the bar VERY high for other software companies - their response time is great (even with our time zone variance!) their staff is very friendly and helpful! They make me look like a rockstar to my clients! Clients love this app.

Cons

The reports....I never know which report I'm needing. I'd like to see a YTD report that shows ALL employees and totalled - similar to the sage detail report - clean and simple.

Actually, we think you ROCK!

Excellent Customer Support

Pros

. Very knowledgeable staff . Prompt service . Easy setup and workflow . Caters to all of our business payroll needs

Cons

There is nothing obvious that jumps out for me.

Hi Shivam! Thanks for your positive review. If you have any questions or feedback that come up in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out :) Thanks again! Erika