Wagepoint Logo

Wagepoint

Simple payroll software built just for small businesses.

Wagepoint Reviews - Page 6

Look no further, this is the one!

I had a support call on President's day and the lady on the phone was super nice and patient given my weird request. It would be nice if there was a built in gross up function whereby I could get the net what I wanted it to be, but this is probably not a feature that many request.

Pros

Least expensive payroll but doesn't skimp on features or support. I use Xero and Xero has an integration for Wagepoint, which is great if you want to escape the expensive near monopoly that is Quickbooks/Intuit. For the life of me I don't know why Xero chose Gusto over Wagepoint as their payroll partner of choice.

Cons

Somewhat counter-intuitive menu. After pay dates you go to hourly even if you don't have hourly employees, but it's simple when explained, you just hit 'Next'.

Great Product. Great Support.

I used the product for one year to run my small business and loved it. I then caused myself an issue and used an incorrect date for payroll period. Not only did Wagepoint customer service help me out, they also noticed a mistake I had made with EI payments, and helped me fix that as well.

Cons

An experience in frustration and bewilderment

We received no benefit from this software. Instead it was a giant waste of time and effort working with this company.

Pros

I do not have any thing good to say about the use of this product. The project was a complete waste of time due to Wagepoint.

Cons

We spent about a week and a half getting it setup. We were told we were good to go. An hour later we were told our account was closed, and could not get a reason. Then, in that e-mail chain of being informed we could not use the service, the message was sent to a different company. If a company cannot be trusted to communicate without improperly sending communications to another party, I could not in good faith trust them to handle our employees banking and other personal information.

Once in, incredibly intuitive and easy.

Pros

I can do payroll in less than a minute. Also, it protects me from myself by taking the deductions out of my bank account to pay the government, so we don't worry about remitting that separately every month anymore.

Cons

It was a little tricky to navigate the setup, but the customer service was incredibly personal, fast and effective.

Wagepoint staff are remarkable!

Pros

I love the ease in which to enter all my employee data, have my own control over input without depending on a customer service rep to call me and communicate information over the phone.

Cons

At this point I don't see any negative aspects. I have not yet tried to input payroll from another area other than my computer at work, so I'm looking forward to trying that out one day.

Excellent service

Wagepoint are wonderful to work with and are always so helpful. It's great to know that something as important as our payroll is being taken care of by professionals who really know what they're doing. I couldn't recommend them more highly and I can't wait to see what they have in store for the future!

Payroll Heaven

Pros

It's so easy to set up payroll and manage it for all employees and pay all the required taxes and set up custom withholdings with their site! No other service makes it this easy!

Cons

It's not very apparent from the start how to add in withholding but a simple email fixed that. They could maybe improve their documentation.

Incorrect T4s

Pros

I've reviewed this product before - it looks good and is generally intuitive.

Cons

Our T4s were incorrect and our accountant said this was a problem with other clients they had that used Wagepoint. Support is limited. You call in and get a call centre, support will email even if you request a phone call and tell them not to email you. After using this product for just over a full year we are on the hunt for something else.

Constantly changing, customer service is sub par

Pros

The interface is attractive and colourful, all back end accounting is done easily and prepared for you. Easy access to the site set up was easy but not easy to customize based on specific needs for different companies.

Cons

Customer services takes their time to review support requests, communication lacks from this company, constantly changing the site and functions making it a learning curve every time you run payroll. Some reports needed they don't even have access to

Hi Tina, I'm sorry to hear that you have been having issues with support. Would you be open to having a quick call to discuss your issues in more detail? Regards, Leena

Wagepoint is simple to use, a great value, and has great customer service

I've been using Wagepoint for payroll for about 10 months. Whenever I have needed customer service, they have been very responsive. I recommend it to any small business who needs a payroll service.

Pros

It's easy to use and inexpensive.

Cons

There were a few setup glitches related to IRS paperwork, but Wagepoint handled them well. I was satisfied with their service.

Great Software. Amazing Support

Pros

WagePoint is very simple to use. I love that the very important task of managing payroll is now simple and intuitive.

Cons

There’s nothing I dislike about it. I would love to process my payroll via an app. Hopefully one day it becomes true.

An Asset to our Small Business

So far the experience with Wage Point has been great. It's taken the burden of completing payroll, writing manual cheques, remitting taxes off my plate. As a small business owner, this can eat up immense time.

Pros

efficiency reliable fast customer service makes your small business feel bigger

Cons

the user experience isn't as intuitive as I would like

Hands on support and set up for all my clients, whether they are my first or fifth.

Pros

Single login for all client files. The support team is able to respond usually same day or at the latest the next morning. Straight forward processing.

Cons

That it won't track advances (issuance and repayments) so I have to manually track to ensure that everyone has repaid.

Be careful - there are some features that need attention to be set up .

Easy to get off the ground - but they've missed some key elements that are frustrating for a small business owner. It is presented as a complete service - but it isn't.

Pros

friendly customer service - quick to respond.

Cons

they don' t file "nil" notices and CNESST is not automatically done in Quebec. We are now looking at penalties because this was missed.

Good tool for wage calculation

Pros

Simple to use and understand Good User Interface

Cons

There should some graphs to show growth more easily. Multi currency support need to implement

above par and definately worth ustilizing as a solid workplace tool.

Pros

The ease of use of the Wagepoint website is amazing. It gives clear descriptions of deductions as well as allows one to keep a solid record without all the mess of paperwork.

Cons

Absolutely nothing, I feel the site is accurate and on point.

Awesome Software!

Pros

As a small business and first time user it's easy to navigate and doesn't take much time at all. I was impressed at how easy they made the daunting task of payroll.

Cons

I haven't found anything I dislike about the product so far.

Best for small scale industry

Pros

I think this is the best payroll software for small scale industry. It's user interface is very simple and customer support is very much responsive.

Cons

so far i have not found any bug in this. It's a great tool and serves it's purpose.

Excellent and prompt customer service

I'm just starting up with Wagepoint and have not processed a full payroll yet, but so far, the customer service has been great. The system also appears to be very user friendly and easy to setup.

Wagepoint, payroll software

Very easy to use, completely on-line accessible and extremely cost effective, all focused on small business customer needs.

Cons

Easy to use and friendly help when needed

Pros

I like the reasonable cost and the friendly customer service.

Cons

I haven't had any negative experiences as of yet. They seem to have all the options of the more expensive software without any downside that I have seen.

Mostly used for paying freelances.

We contracted some freelances for time to time. Most of the people really don't care about taxes, but that's where they are wrong. Sometimes miss calculations can be a headache, wagepoint just does the job right.

Pros

It is great for paying freelances and then forgetting about it, that's just it. Instead of checking things like taxes and other stuff, wagepoint just does the job right. Try it out, you won't regret it.

Cons

Maybe if you have a bigger company, you might want something more robust, but if you have a small company or just willing to pay off some outsourcing, this can be a great option.

My wagepoint experience

Pros

I like that the payroll process is very quick and easy to go through and not stressful.

Cons

I have only been using the software for a short time now and it is my first time using it and so far I have not had any problem.

Easy Setup then no service

Cannot reach anyone after initial setup

Pros

Payroll went easily. Setup was fairly straightforward

Cons

Been calling them for 3 weeks to cancel account. Was super easy to setup but trying to cancel is a nightmare. They tout that you talk to a real person but in fact it is an answering service they use that has no connection to the company and no one from the company actually returns your calls.

Cole Funeral Services

I enjoy using Wagepoint because it has saved me much time in payroll processing. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Pros

It is very seamless, simple and quick.

Cons

That I need to post all the journal entries manually.