Wagepoint Reviews

Wagepoint

Simple, Fast and Friendly Online Payroll Software

Wagepoint

Good Job!

So far it has been pretty good and covers the basics for someone who isn't very pro at all with accounting.

Pros

User-friendly. Decent customer support.

Cons

Doesn't export payroll details for individual staff well.

Great online payroll software for small businesses

Pros

That it is fully integrated with Quickbooks online, easy to use and fits all our payroll needs.

Cons

The set up of the deductions (e.g. health benefits) is a little tricky, as there is not an option for every other paycheck deduction - instead it has to be set up through a client representative.

Hi Bara, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Construction is one of those industries where incomes and deductions can get tricky. Welcome to Wagepoint! All the best, Michelle Mire, Marketing Manager

Tha best customer service!

I'm glad my company is using this software for our payroll. We are always on time with payroll deposits and payroll tax remittances.

Pros

Easy to use, a prompt and professional customer support.

Cons

N/a

Simple and straightforward payroll.

Pros

I love how simple Wagepoint is. It allows me to access my pay stubs and related information online. it means that I don't have to keep a paper record. When I need the information, all I do is login and click the related reports.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about WagePoint.

Bad customer service

Pros

Everything was fine and great at first.

Cons

I had some issu making the payroll and set the right dates. We called many times the customer service but it wasn't helpfull. We asked if the payroll statement was sent to the governement and at the customer service they said yes. I verified with the governement and nothing was send. I don't use the sotfwear anymore .

Hi Amel, In checking the customer database, it appears you're using the version of Wagepoint that's offered within QuickBooks Canada. This product is called QuickBooks Advanced Payroll Powered by Wagepoint. This version of Wagepoint is supported by the Intuit support team. I will share your comments with that team so they are aware of what's happened. The standalone version of Wagepoint (which most of the reviews for this site reference) is supported by Wagepoint's support team. But, know that both teams keep in close contact in order to address concerns. Sincerely, Michelle, Wagepoint Marketing Manager

Young team - Dynamic - Professional and Curteous

We are a Canadian base company with only few employees in the USA and Alex and Ralph were able to answer all queries I sent even the ones I wasn't sure were so easy to read....for they were hard to write.

Pros

simple, clear and very easy to use

Cons

we had to work a little on the "PTO" bank for not everyone get vacation in the US and at times it was tricky...but corrections took no time and were done with "a smile"

Easy to use payroll service

Pros

User interface is easy to use and setup. Integration with QuickBooks Online. Direct deposit to employees.

Cons

Can be limited for large organisations. But customer support and service are eager to help resolve issues or guide using the system. Support documentation is a bit lacking. For example, understanding exactly how one option affects payroll would be great - especially for bookkeepers and accountant that know payroll rules.

Excellent Customer Support

Customer support has been great!

Pros

Easy to trainer clients and use. Calculates stat holidays. Imports journal entry into QBO.

Cons

Currently can not think of what I do not like least about the software.

Hi Norie! Thanks so much for your review. Glad you're having a positive experience so far. We'll be adding more accounting partner functions in the future, so keep a lookout and let us know if you have any additional feedback :) Thanks again! Erika

great service!

This is fast, friendly, and simple to use for a small business. As a CPA, I would recommend to folks looking for an efficient solution.

Cons

easiest payroll software to use

This is the 5th business that I have worked at and signed up with Wagepoint. I wouldn't use any other company.

Pros

So easy to use

Customer service #1

I chose Wage point because they are a Canadian based company and their website made it seem like they were a fun bunch of people. It was easy to set up my account and payroll was easy to do...something I never thought I would say when it came to payroll. On top of all this the customer service is #1, they're quick to resolve problems and respond to questions. I'm looking forward to a long relationship with Wagepoint!

I highly recommend Wagepoint

I would recommend Wagepoint to any company no matter what the size. The system is incredibly easy and efficient to use and the cost is very competitive. The quality of the customer service is second to none and very impressive. The associates are extremely quick to respond to any questions and they are very professional and personable. I am completely satisfied and impressed with everything.

Cons

Look no further, this is the one!

I had a support call on President's day and the lady on the phone was super nice and patient given my weird request. It would be nice if there was a built in gross up function whereby I could get the net what I wanted it to be, but this is probably not a feature that many request.

Pros

Least expensive payroll but doesn't skimp on features or support. I use Xero and Xero has an integration for Wagepoint, which is great if you want to escape the expensive near monopoly that is Quickbooks/Intuit. For the life of me I don't know why Xero chose Gusto over Wagepoint as their payroll partner of choice.

Cons

Somewhat counter-intuitive menu. After pay dates you go to hourly even if you don't have hourly employees, but it's simple when explained, you just hit 'Next'.

An experience in frustration and bewilderment

We received no benefit from this software. Instead it was a giant waste of time and effort working with this company.

Pros

I do not have any thing good to say about the use of this product. The project was a complete waste of time due to Wagepoint.

Cons

We spent about a week and a half getting it setup. We were told we were good to go. An hour later we were told our account was closed, and could not get a reason. Then, in that e-mail chain of being informed we could not use the service, the message was sent to a different company. If a company cannot be trusted to communicate without improperly sending communications to another party, I could not in good faith trust them to handle our employees banking and other personal information.

Quick and helpful response!

I contacted customer service with a question/problem and I had a helpful response within minutes. She put me in contact with who I needed to speak with and my question/problem was resolved quickly. Plus they were very nice!

Cons

Hi Heidi, Thank you for your wonderful feedback :) If you need help with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact me. Regards, Leena

amazing sypport and service

As a small business we have many things on our mind and some times just some times we might not red all the instructions. Never fear the team as wage point is amazing and will kindly guide and correct you Great tool and cannot wait to see what the team does next

Cons

Hi John, Thank you for your positive feedback and being such an awesome customer :) Cheers, Leena

Everything 10/10

Great customer support services (quick and helpful responses), very easy to use, simple outlook which is great

Pros

Payroll processing reminders, double confirmation before processing payroll is a great function

Cons

Not having individual payroll stubs - instead have to go back every single payroll to find a particular person's pay stub. (E.g. If there is sort button for person called Alex, then after I click Alex, the previous pay stubs for Alex will all be found)

No nonsense company

Love love this company and its folks. Always customer oriented and helpful 24x7. Kudos to the team members!

Cons

Great Product. Great Support.

I used the product for one year to run my small business and loved it. I then caused myself an issue and used an incorrect date for payroll period. Not only did Wagepoint customer service help me out, they also noticed a mistake I had made with EI payments, and helped me fix that as well.

Payroll Heaven

Pros

It's so easy to set up payroll and manage it for all employees and pay all the required taxes and set up custom withholdings with their site! No other service makes it this easy!

Cons

It's not very apparent from the start how to add in withholding but a simple email fixed that. They could maybe improve their documentation.

Constantly changing, customer service is sub par

Pros

The interface is attractive and colourful, all back end accounting is done easily and prepared for you. Easy access to the site set up was easy but not easy to customize based on specific needs for different companies.

Cons

Customer services takes their time to review support requests, communication lacks from this company, constantly changing the site and functions making it a learning curve every time you run payroll. Some reports needed they don't even have access to

Hi Tina, I'm sorry to hear that you have been having issues with support. Would you be open to having a quick call to discuss your issues in more detail? Regards, Leena

Once in, incredibly intuitive and easy.

Pros

I can do payroll in less than a minute. Also, it protects me from myself by taking the deductions out of my bank account to pay the government, so we don't worry about remitting that separately every month anymore.

Cons

It was a little tricky to navigate the setup, but the customer service was incredibly personal, fast and effective.

Wagepoint staff are remarkable!

Pros

I love the ease in which to enter all my employee data, have my own control over input without depending on a customer service rep to call me and communicate information over the phone.

Cons

At this point I don't see any negative aspects. I have not yet tried to input payroll from another area other than my computer at work, so I'm looking forward to trying that out one day.

Excellent service

Wagepoint are wonderful to work with and are always so helpful. It's great to know that something as important as our payroll is being taken care of by professionals who really know what they're doing. I couldn't recommend them more highly and I can't wait to see what they have in store for the future!

Incorrect T4s

Pros

I've reviewed this product before - it looks good and is generally intuitive.

Cons

Our T4s were incorrect and our accountant said this was a problem with other clients they had that used Wagepoint. Support is limited. You call in and get a call centre, support will email even if you request a phone call and tell them not to email you. After using this product for just over a full year we are on the hunt for something else.