Wagepoint Logo

Wagepoint

Simple payroll software built just for small businesses.

Wagepoint Reviews - Page 9

Wagepoint to the rescue

Great customer service and easy use of product.

Pros

As an accounting firm that processes payroll for many clients, it's nice to have a payroll software that is easy to use. Our clients love the online portal and we love that employees can update their own personal information. Wagepoint support is great, and helps us with the set-ups that are less straight forward. Thanks to Wagepoint year ends are a breeze.

Cons

Reporting, I wish list would be that when I find a report that I like that there would be a way to bookmark the report. Also better reporting that shows the remittances made to Quebec and Federal. Right now this all in on report. Also an approval process, so that once I have submitted payroll, that there was a final approval process by the client.

Hi Tracy, Thanks for the great review. Your feedback on the reports will be shared with the team. Michelle

Must Use Payroll Software

Wagepoint is our go-to payroll processor. It is super user-friendly, for both myself as the administrator and for our client's employees. We have 16 of our clients on Wagepoint, and that number is continuously growing as it's the processor that we recommend if our current/new clients are looking for a change, or haven't even started on payroll yet.

Pros

Wagepoint is extremely user friendly. They make all the functions super easy to find and navigate around the pages. Their customer support is extremely professional, and I have only ever had wonderfully helpful people. You are able to integrate to QBO and "push" your payroll journal entries to your payroll clearing account. Super easy to reconcile! Wagepoint submits ROEs, T4s, source deductions, WSIB, and EHT on your behalf. Never have to worry about manual payments!

Cons

Wagepoint is still growing, and it has some functionalities that are still in the works, such as being able to break out CPP and EI in a journal entry for separate departments, or being able to pull in project codes and times from T-Sheets to classify employee's work times automatically instead of manually. All of the basic+ functionalities work wonderfully though. The only viable method of customer support is through email, which can take a while if something is super urgent. Calling in can get you an 'urgent' status, but you still have to wait for someone to contact you back instead of being able to talk to someone on the spot.

The epitome of getting what you pay for

The customer service is atrocious; I have an email chain documenting unimaginable buffoonery. The height of their incompetence would be hilarious on a show like The Office: I emailed to confirm they weren't making tax filings for a quarter (as I was in the process of transitioning to a competent service). They left me a voicemail that unfortunately the filing had already been made because apparently...

Pros

I was initially attracted to (and eventually chose) this payroll provider for its simplistic cost structure: $22/payroll with all tax filings included. That turned out to be false - if you don't run any payrolls in a quarter, the cost for literally filing a bunch of $0s more than triples to $75. Additionally, I initially liked what I thought was a straightforward and user-friendly interface. That also ended up being false, with the clunky functionality not allowing for granularity such specifying which filings to make in a quarter or personalizing reports.

Cons

It's incredibly clunky, unable to be personalized and reports seem designed to be confusing and not align with each other. Want to specify that a tax filing not be made with one agency this quarter? Too bad; it's all or nothing. Want to compare quarterly tax filings with payroll reports? Sorry; they're formatted completely differently and unable to be modified. Want just a comprehensive year-end report? Sure, but that'll cost you upwards of $100. Additionally, the reports failed to indicate my corporate FICA contributions, so I almost missed taking that substantial deduction.

Best Payroll processor for Canadian integrated SME

Easy to setup, easy to use (if integrated and hell if you're manually entering payroll data).

Pros

Takes care of all fiscal matters, ROE, and integrates with Collage & Quickbooks Online.

Cons

Importing data is ridiculously badly implemented. Logic around hours worked should be improved (defaults to expected work week - holiday or vacation hours). Obscure vacation hour impact leading to potential double pay if not careful. Absolutely requires holding a payroll auxiliary to sanity check Wagepoint.

Love the ease of use

Very easy to enrol at the beginning, they make it easy to use.

Pros

I love that all all need to do is to enter everyone's hours and the rest gets calculated for me. No need anymore to calculate holiday pay, it's all populated.

Cons

nothing I can think of at this point in time.

Very pleased

I have been very pleased with the level of support I have received. In particular, Wagepoint did a great job solving an issue after the recent transition in November 2020 out of "QBO advanced payroll."

Pros

I am grateful for the automatic export of journal entries to QBO and the employee classing features which help a lot with management accounting and generating reports.

Cons

The setup is a bit challenging and the price is a bit steep for my smaller clients.

Does everything you need

I recommend Wagepoint to all my clients. It is easy to reach customer support and use.

Pros

This software does everything you need it to do - it definitely competes against the market leaders (Ceridian, ADP) and is significantly less expensive.

Cons

I would like some more advanced reporting options.

Idiot-Proof Software

I always hated calculating stat holiday pay. Wagepoint takes care of everything. I don't have to submit employee hours or anything. They also take care of remitting the taxes to the government, another thing I hate.

Pros

Easy to adjust employee wages. Easy to add/remove columns eg. Commission, Bonus, Stat Holiday, etc... They calculate Stat Holiday pay. They remit the payroll deductions for you. Easy to create and view reports.

Cons

There was one time that I wanted to look up an employee's pay stub, but it had not been created yet. Not a big deal, but that's the only negative I can come up with.

Fantastic Product

With the size of our plumbing company I'm thrilled with this product.

Pros

The ease of use is my favourite aspect of the Wagepoint software.

Cons

My wish list would consist of being able to flag reports that I use frequently. Not a huge concern but it would be nice to have your favourite reports section.

Great option for all sizes of businesses!

Pros

Wagepoint is quick and simple to use. A great tool to process payroll for my client and pay employees directly.

Cons

Wagepoint fits my client's needs exactly, and allows me as bookkeeper to process payroll painlessly.

Service Extraordinaire!

The AWESOME support team provides answers almost instantaneously for any questions or concerns. This type of response and caring are beyond my wildest dreams. Very seldom have I had to wait beyond 24 hours for a response, which may ask for further clarification of the question or it could be the needed answer and action requirements are spelled out for dealing with the problem at hand.

Pros

Wagepoint is very user-friendly and intuitive.

Cons

Silly as it may sound.....the pulldown menus....not being able to use the "triangle" and having to just click into the box has played havoc with my mind. There used to be a "knowledgebase" where you could go and easily find a solution to your problem without having to overthink how I need to ask the question to get an answer, before having to send out a note to the support team. This has now gone by way of the dodo bird and quite honestly I feel it should be revived.

Hi Gerry! Thanks so much for your positive review. In relation to your concern about our knowledge base - we switched systems a few months back, so the KB is now housed at wagepoint.kayako.com. You'll be able to find all our updated articles there for your reference :) We appreciate you being a customer and sharing your feedback! Please reach out if you have additional questions or recommendations. Thanks again! Erika

Wagepoint is my go to for payroll

Terrific Canadian company - happy to have them in my tech stack!

Pros

Wagepoint support is by far my favourite part of using it; the auto run feature and employee portals are also great

Cons

The reports could be much better; sometimes I have a hard time finding what I need to report on specific employees or departments