Wagepoint Logo

Simple payroll software built just for small businesses.

Wagepoint Reviews - Page 4

CD

Crystal D.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing,

Most User Friendly Payroll Company I've Used to date!

Pros

The website is very easy to use both as administrator and an employee. I've used other payroll companies (Payworks & Ceridian) both as an administrator and an employee and found this very user friendly compared to other sites. Everything is very straightforward, explanatory and easy to find.

Cons

I have no complaints about Wagepoint to date. Everything on their website is very user friendly and easy to find. I haven't had to use customer service yet for anything however our administrator has and I know he's said they have been incredibly helpful any time he has required any help or had questions.

DT

Dana T.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Easy paycheck

It has saved ton of time and money and able to keep track of everything in one spot

Pros

Keel up with timesheets do payroll all in one saves time and money

Cons

Can't say anything negative at this time

Internet, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Mistake made by Wagepoint in RL-1 Tax File at the same time as tax season started

Pros

Normally I would have posted something positive, but please take a look at the CON instead before thinking about using Wagepoint.

Cons

The main reason why I'm posting this review: After receiving instructions to send the RL-1 tax file to the government before a certain date, I mailed it as soon as it was ready.Two days after it was mailed, I received an email from Wagepoint telling me that they made a mistake in the tax file. Their solution? Don't mail it. A little too late for that.I now have no option but to wait for Wagepoint to respond. It's unacceptable to have a company dealing with taxes to send out "mistakes".

Hi There, My name Is Jack and I am the customer advocate here at Wagepoint. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this issue has caused and completely understand your frustration. I Know how extremely stressful the year-end can be. With that said, I do see that this issue has been escalated to one of our support reps who is working to rectify this matter ASAP! Again, please accept our apologies for this error. Have a great day

GK

Gurmohan K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Very Good Experience

Overall I have had a very good experience and if I ever need to I email the support team who are very prompt in responding

Pros

I enjoy the step by step process in inserting my employees information and their salary is automatically generated. It’s very quick and not time consuming.

Cons

I wish that each page would save automatically. You have to manually click the save button and if you leave the page without clicking that save button, you lose all the information entered and thus waste your time.

Thank you so much. It's great to hear from someone who's invested in smiles as much as we are.

MS

Marko S.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Amazing customer service, easy platform

We're a small company and used Wagepoint from day one. The team has been fantastic in helping solve issues (like adjusting EI), educating us when we do something for the first time (like letting go of a staff member). The software is easy, but the customer support is truly the best part.

Pros

Ease of use. At first I was doing manually payrolls each week, but then got set up for automatic payroll and that made everything feel like magic.

Cons

Would like some additional support for when hiring a staff member to pro-rate their first pay automatically, but right now customer support helps with that.

CD

Charles D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Very User Friendly Software

Definitely a WOW factor.

Pros

The software is excellent for small scale operations. Very user-friendly, interactive with QuickBooks accounting software, easy to work within. Any time we have had to reach out to Customer Support, the speed of response and quality of response has been beyond impressive. Highly recommend Wagepoint for payroll administration and processing of payroll.

Cons

Would not suggest anything negative from our experience with this software.

KP

Koren P.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Wagepoint ROCKS!

So far it's been amazing. I can't speak highly enough about their support team - truly exceptional. The platform is easy to use, they have lots of great articles and support is always there to assist.

Pros

Support! Their support team sets the bar VERY high for other software companies - their response time is great (even with our time zone variance!) their staff is very friendly and helpful! They make me look like a rockstar to my clients! Clients love this app.

Cons

The reports....I never know which report I'm needing. I'd like to see a YTD report that shows ALL employees and totalled - similar to the sage detail report - clean and simple.

Actually, we think you ROCK!

JA

Jesse A.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Incredible Customer Support

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our team member at Wagepoint is honestly the reason we stay with the company. She responds to emails in minutes, and always has simple and easy advice that solves our problems or answers our questions. She is awesome.

Cons

There are some limitations, but overall it gets the job done.

Easy to check paystub and t4s

I am able to easily review my pay information each pay.

Pros

It is very easy to check my paystub each pay and see my pay information. I am also able to easily view my t4 for taxes.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about Wagepoint. We use it specifically for pay stubs and pay information so no complaints.

JS

John S.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Wagepoint to the rescue....

"Thank You" for such a great payroll program. I was audited last week by the state tax department of WV and everything was perfect. I was able to go onto the Wagepoint website and pull off all the documents that the auditor had requested. I overpaid $173, but that was paid in by me, (my fault), before I switched to WagePoint. Thought you might like to know that it was a great audit and I was of course a happy camper. Your customer service people are also great to work with and they return phone calls very promptly. Super happy that I switched over to WagePoint, it is saving me hundreds of dollars a year compared to my old payroll system.

Pros

You can put it on auto pilot and it makes payroll life easier. It only takes me 5 minutes or less to do the payroll.

Cons

nothing I can think of...

PD

Popy D.

1-10 employees

Love Wagepoint, makes my life so much easier!

I don't often write reviews but this software makes my life so much easier and they have the best customer service ever. We run a software company and they model the type of customer service every company should offer. They respond to our questions right away and go above and beyond. They are also readily accessible via telephone, any time. Even during 'off' hours, we'll get a response.

Cons

Hi Popy, Thank you for being so awesome :) Customers like you make all the difference, and we wouldn't have made it as far as we have without your support. If you need anything at all, you know where to find me :) Cheers, Leena

Vipin P.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Good Payroll Software for a Small Business

I wasn't the one who implemented the software but overall it worked great without much hassle.

Pros

It was easily integrated with our scheduling software and our bank. (Deputy)

Cons

It took us a almost a year to initiate direct deposit with our bank so we were using WP just to generate paystubs but once we started doing Direct Deposit in Canada it would give us errors while processing Payroll.

SR

Shivam R.

Excellent Customer Support

Pros

. Very knowledgeable staff . Prompt service . Easy setup and workflow . Caters to all of our business payroll needs

Cons

There is nothing obvious that jumps out for me.

Hi Shivam! Thanks for your positive review. If you have any questions or feedback that come up in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out :) Thanks again! Erika

KM

Kelly M.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Pros

This software is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

There is nothing at this time that I don't like.

Hi Kelly! Thanks so much for your review. Please let us know if you have any feedback in the future. We're always looking for ways to improve our software to make it more user-friendly for our customers. :) Thanks again! Erika

MR

Marcelo R.

Banking, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Good software for payroll and pay stub management

I use Wagepoint once a month to access my pay stubs to do my personal finance management. It does the job, but could have a better UX and more advanced features.

Pros

I like how easy it is to access my pay stubs from my computer or mobile device in a few clicks. This software is simple and straightforward, however it's missing some features and could have a better user experience.

Cons

The user experience is definitely outdated. It's not super intuitive to navigate the tool to find what you need. Also, this software doesn't provide a high degree of customized searches or filtering. There could be more formats options for file download as well.

JI

Jeffrey I.

1-10 employees

A Game Changer

We became wagepoint customers when I discovered I have no gift for running payroll and figuring out the various taxes my company is subject to. Wagepoint saved our bacon! Good folks with an incredibly easy product.

Pros

Super easy to use, superb customer service.

Cons

I've never had a problem since we've switched to Wagepoint.

Hi Jeff, I know you hear this a lot from our team, but we think you're pretty amazing yourself :) Thanks for all your support, and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. If you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us at anytime. Cheers, Leena

CJ

Cris J.

Startup using Wagepoint for over 2 years

We were looking for a platform to automate our payroll processing. Wagepoint proved not only to fulfill our processing requirements, but its quick response on all our questions impressed us.

Pros

Wagepoint is simple to use, does not require deep knowledge of the payroll calculation. Great support, all features required for processing our payroll.

PP

Peter P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Ode to Joy

Ideal for small business; cost effective, easy to use, intuitive navigation, does not require any payroll experience, employee new hire and termination process is simplified, data entry is seamless, able to have hourly and salary employees on same account. Staff assisted with the initial set up to ensure I would have the right withholding, IRS and state document.

Pros

So easy. Almost too easy. I run payroll in less than 5 minutes. Entering employees is super easy. Intuitive navigation without a lot of excess fluff.

Cons

NA

LT

Lindsay T.

Payroll support

We had an issue with the processing date for payroll this week. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the support team were fantastic helping us ensure the payroll went through on the correct date. It involved instructions and confirmations for a wire transfer, and they helped us through every step of the way, making sure we made the deadline to process.

Pros

The support team is always very helpful, and it is very user friendly.

Cons

Had some issue's last year with the end of the year processing T4's, an error in the software on Wagepoint side caused them to be closed early and we ended up having to do them by hand, as they could not fix the error.

GB

GENICE B.

Simplicity

Pros

I like that the software is User friendly software. The simplicity of the software makes payroll a cinch.

Cons

What I like least about the software is not being able to contact a person directly. Every business should give the customer an opportunity to speak directly to a person.

Hi Genice, Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately, at our current size, we don't have the ability to provide dedicated phone support. We have an answering service in place that ensures all customer calls are picked up and converted into support tickets. That said, as our company grows, we will continue to focus on how we can improve the customer experience. Regards, Leena

SG

Stacy G.

Makes things really easy

We've switched over to Wagepoint this year and are very happy with the service. The platform seems to be missing some features that the dev teams are adding, but the bulk of the system is there already. Customer support is top notch and fees are affordable. Really looking forward to seeing how it matures.

Pros

Easy to use, quick to setup, makes payroll painless and offers features that are quite useful (reverse net salary calculators, things like that)

Cons

It is missing some accounting features that would be extremely helpful for small businesses moving to their platform. Things like tracking banked vacation (and how much has been spent to date) on salary wages, and a wizard for configuring year-to-date amounts when migrating from another payroll system in the middle of a year. You can do these things but it requires correspondence with customer support to have them manually fix them for you. I am told that their dev team is working on solutions already though, so pretty soon we should have this functionality.

RP

Rosalie P.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Excellent customer service and a huge time saver!

Pros

The biggest reason for choosing Wagepoint was the ease of use and how much time it saved me. This includes reporting and paying all payroll taxes. I was able to focus on other aspects of our growing company.

Cons

I wish there were more choices for types of income. I should be able to add my own without having to ask them to be added.

JQ

Jordan Q.

Construction, 1-10 employees

USER-FRIENDLY

I went from an absolute nightmare with ADP payroll and then was introduced to wagepoint software. The customer service and user-friendly program online was just what my company needed. Customer service is on standby to assist you with any questions or concerns that you might have and they are there to walk you through any obstacle. This payroll program has made my work load more manageable and I'm very pleased with my decision to switch to this company.

Pros

Do it yourself Quick and simple I really like when they send you reminders through email to process your payroll because some times running business can be over whelming so it's nice to have someone by your side

RF

Ross F.

Construction, 1-10 employees

These guys rock.

I've never had better customer service than I have with Wagepoint. I can do everything online and when I do have a question, these guys have gotten back to me with an answer literally within 10-15 minutes.

Pros

The incredible responsiveness of the customer support team.

Cons

I've yet to find a downside...truly!

DF

Derek F.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing,

reliable, trustworthy

Pros

It works well and has been proven to be very very very reliable most of the time. I am just trying to reach 50 characters by now, I don't run the system I just receive payment from you

Cons

It has screwed up a couple times on late payments but very infrequent. Seems to work most of the time when it should