WizIQ Reviews

3.71/5 (114 reviews)
Pros
  • Great virtual classroom Awesome support
  • Easy to use, lots of functions, good customer support
  • The ability to participate and show your work,with others.
  • Live class features in this software is the most important one and i like that
Cons
  • No cons
  • ease of access
  • Nothing i had no problems
  • Goes offline once in a while which is a bummer.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Linda Williams

Live Online Teaching

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-04-25
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
WizIQ allows you to quickly create live instructional sessions. This platform also allows you to sell courses online if you choose to do so. It is easy to use and allows you to incorporate synchronous activities for the learners.

Cons
A number of the features are available at an additional cost, which can make the price increase. For example, the virtual classrooms are available at an additional cost. If you need several, it can become quite expensive.

Aisha LaDon

WizIQ is a great teaching tool

Reviewed 2018-06-25

Pros
I took an online Arabic and Quran course several years ago. The teachers used WizIQ to facilitate the course. WizIQ allows the instructors to teach using slides as well as audio features. I am still able to go back and watch those courses years later.

Cons
There are no cons that I see at this time. I enjoyed using this learning tool and look forward to using it as an instructor myself.

L Collins

Poor customer service and misleading sales pitches

Reviewed 2016-08-17

Been in business for 30 years and never had such a terrible experience dealing with any company. When they wish to make a sale, they call night and day. Then after they have your money they are not so easy to get a hold of. Misleading sales pitch/utter lies led to us parting with money. Then we were strung along for months with their slow customer service and refusal to answer basic questions on the product and integration which they were so quick to mislead us about prior to making the sale. Now after chasing for months for a refund with no reply they have now been in touch to try and sell us another years renewal! Upon questioning the whereabouts of our refund - they have tried to use their failure to obtain more funds from us by saying they will give us a free year IF we pay for another year! Then once we refused and once again questioned why they have not yet refunded us monies paid for goods not provided, we are now told we are beyond the 30 day period for a refund. They refuse to acknowledge this is entirely due to their own slow service and misleading/lying to us as customers on what they can actually deliver. A quote from WizIq today 'we want our customers with us at any cost' - yes WizIQ you do but sadly that cost doesn't involve a refund to your customers but rather trying to scam them out of more money. The cost is always to the customer and never to Wiz. An absolute scam. Beware the slick sales talk which promises much and fails to deliver at every turn.

Response from WizIQ

It feels real bad to know you had to go through trouble. We would like to investigate why it happened and take appropriate action. We request you to share your registered email id with us so that we can look into the account history.

S. M. Hossein Hamidi

We were very unpleasant of customer service

Reviewed 2017-02-28

It took so long to reporting issue, get response from technical support and convincing them that there is a deficiency. After all, the only response we received was that you don't meet bandwidth requirements. After proving that we have enough bandwidth we left with the option of on-premise installation which was not reasonable. The quality was very poor. We experienced 5-6 seconds delay which was not acceptable at all. The company didn't commit to its promises for localization and customization in the time of contract and their behavior was not professional. We paid a lot for this service and we couldn't even hold a successful session with it and unfortunately no one was responsible.

Cons
Poor API's Poo Customer/Partner Support Unprofessional sales team

Response from WizIQ

Hi Mr. Hossein,

It is really unfortunate to know about your experience. We want to assure you that we try our utmost to live up to user's expectations. In this case, unfortunately, we seem to have fallen short of those expectations. And we would like to make amends for it.

Request you to share your registered email id with us so that we can get in touch with you on this and see how we can serve you better in future.

- WizIQ Team

Arshard Azmil

Ideal for creating new courses and sharing it

Reviewed 2018-10-04

We have been using it for a short period now, and will continue using it. It is easy and a better option when you are just a small scheme business.

Pros
Wiziq is very much easy to use, it has a big learning curve but the continuous support from the team ensures you learn all the techniques involved with this. You can create multiple course works, create them in sub folders which feature we use for classes. They can be moderated time to time and still be shared with students too.

Cons
You cannot access wiziq unless you have a very strong internet connection, unfavourable weather conditions begins faulty connections, and even the slightest waver doesn't connect you to the LMS

Hamidreza Ahmadian

Simple, reliable and easy to use solution for classrooms!

Reviewed 2017-12-15

I hold a virtual class, once a week, but no commercial income.

Pros
- Supported by different platforms and the ease of use - The possibility of recording the class - Possibility of sharing the PPT file directly

Cons
- Not fully compatible with arabic/persian letters (on the slides, whiteboard and chat environment) - No audio (only audio) recording possible

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

William Arafelis Jr.

The best tutoring i have ever seen in my life as a student.

Reviewed 2017-02-14

My experience was the best. Thanks to WizIq I was able to bring my math grades up to a 98% average , the person who saw the most improvement was my math teacher. She couldn't believe what one course in a month did for me, I was able to aid other students and recommend this to them. Though none of them joined the program their respect grew for me, also my parents especially my dad were thrilled to see me explain such complex math equations to my 4th grade siblings. Overall i would do this again every summer for the rest of my years as a student. Another great thing that i would like to conclude with is the customer service representative. He was so kind and patient with us , he understood that we were limited in our knowledge of technology. Thank you so much WizIQ

Pros
The ability to participate and show your work,with others.

Cons
Nothing i had no problems

Response from WizIQ

Hi William,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. Knowing that we could help you grow assures us that we're on the right track. Hope to help you further in your future. :)

Stephanie Wright

Terrible Experience with WizIQ

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-08-29

Pros
After our exceedingly negative experience, I can't honestly write anything in this box. Perhaps I could say the salespeople are convincing...

Cons
After multiple tests with our team members, we could never make the WizIQ platform work when more than 4 students were logged on. Our lead teacher also noticed that (even after emailing multiple times asking for assistance) her account was always listed as Trial and not `Premium. When we never received clear information about the Trial/Premium confusion, and when it became clear that the software simply COULD NOT support more than 4 students, we knew this platform would not allow us to offer high quality classes'especially since our enrollment was growing quickly. The process to close the account and request a refund was painful.Last night the problems came to a head when, after one WizIQ employee told us we would receive a refund, another told us that the breakdown in communication had happened inside our own team and that WizIQ was not at fault. Regardless of how big or small the customers organization is, it is the job of WizIQ to dig into issues and discover problems to ensure customer satisfaction. To us, it felt like WizIQ made a huge effort to seem like they were helping'while in reality nothing ever got resolved and we were left with the same questions that made us frustrated with WizIQ in the first place. Now we are so exhausted that even the refund doesn't feel worth any additional contact with WizIQ. We are posting this review as a matter of public interest, in the hope that another young company does not encounter the same problems with WizIQ that we did.

Jose Vita

Great option for elearning implementation

Reviewed 2018-04-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Regardless of whether you're consider using WizIQ for a team members learnning or for selling L&D programs to others, the tool is remarkably recomended

Pros
WizIQ have much of the capabilities that we search for a LMS, like road map of learning advance, administrative features like resource administration, reports, mobile access, import and export tool, and multi format content, communication and colaboration features, we also value the mutilanguage and storage capacity

Cons
We encounter that its necessary to have its own virtual classrooms are there is an aditional fee. Another issue is that if its necessary extra storage costs a few more

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Raymond Fernando

It was good until I came across other platforms such as Teachable, Skillshare

Reviewed 2018-01-10

Pros
1) Able to move files across different courses 2) control over what content is visible only ( and not downloadable) 3) easy to invite new students to enroll.

Cons
1) uploading takes a very very long time 2) no bulk upload as in Teachable 3) can not provide an overview of the course to the students

Aditya vardhan

WizIQ the one of the best one for virtual classrooms and online courses.

Reviewed 2017-02-13

I got to know about this WizIQ app from my GRE trainer, he had a word with me about WizIQ stating that "WizIQ is one of the best thing to learn online and for virtual classes. WizIQ's Virtual Classroom helped me to collaborate in real time during online delivery of classes and training sessions and this software helped me lot for my GRE/Toefl preparation.Learners will find it easy to access the courses they have taken to date and even share their ideas and views on a particular subject, WizIQ allows users of the app to message other users in their contact list which helps to communiacte with each other and encourage discussions on particular topics. I also appreciate customer support team they are very fast in service to customers.

Pros
Live class features in this software is the most important one and i like that

Cons
ease of access

Response from WizIQ

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for leaving us a review here! We are happy we could help you prepare better for your GRE. :)

Hope to keep on adding value to your life.

Meiby Paredes

An option to start in education the lunea

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-03-21

The best thing is that you are only activating the account and a few clicks you can already have your LMS active and virtual space to develop your online courses, inviting your students to interact with the platform

Pros
What I prefer about the software is that it is very intuitive, I remember that in its beginning it was just an application to hold lectures and online classes. Then I evolve to become an LMS integrating different tools that help us as teachers to teach our students beyond the classroom

Cons
One of the disadvantages is that you have few options to create learning objects within LMS, it would be great to develop your own authoring tool to design more interactive materials.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Carl Pyrdum

Increasingly Dated Software

Reviewed 2018-11-20
Review Source: Software Advice

The company seems generally fairly scammy of late. It feels like they've run out of funds and now need to start really squeezing the existing client base for every nickle and dime just to stay afloat.

Pros
At first glance, WizIQ seems like it has most of what'd want in an online learning platform: a stable video chat program with a blackboard and the ability to record lessons. But the seams quickly start to show once you've used it for a few weeks.

Cons
The ability to edit and move text on the whiteboard is very clunky. Drawing shapes, lines, etc. are all very limited compared to other offerings. The recordings of lessons are saved uncompressed, and do not completely replicate the in-lesson look and experience. Unless you purchase a lot of extra storage space, you'll not be able to store more than a handful of previous lessons online, and the costs for storage are insanely marked up. The software itself hasn't really been updated in terms of functionality in over a year. Vital options are buried in obscure menus and hard to track down.

Bhushan Patil

Stable and user friendly

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-06-03

It's reliable and use-friendly

Pros
Technically Stable, user-friendly, very rare major issues, minor glitches resolves within few minutes, useful tools and other features.

Cons
Cannot use Youtube video links to upload videos during sessions. Pricing is annually billed so it could be a concern for startups with low budget.

Amresh Kumar

WizIQ is best platform for online classes.

Reviewed 2017-12-31

Pros
WizIQ is user friendly.easy to use and share any thing if you want.Pointer tool is very good to understand any other person.

Cons
Some time written world miss or erase suddenly.Sometime color section problem during online class...

Antonio Salloum

As instructor, I found this tool a great support for the design and development of software courses

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-03-22

Release from being at traditional physical classroom at specific day/time.

Pros
The virtual classroom and the recording function. It is quite useful to distribute the recorded sessions to those students unable to attend the scheduled day/time.

Cons
Limitations on number of instructor per course. Sometimes courses may require the intervention of more than three instructors. The current version of the tool forces to break-down courses in mini-courses to deal with that limitation. Also, it requires some additional function to deal with a real academy providing full grade per area: e.g. Computer Science Bachelor, Magister ...

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jeremy Miller

Best I Have Found for the Price Point

Reviewed 2015-11-18

Our organization is around 60 people. I use the software for company wide training and group meetings. I have been using the software for over a year now with little to no problems.

Pros
Easy to use. Reliable. Cost Effective. Customer Support has been nothing but excellent. Integration into Moodle makes creating classes extremely easy.

Cons
No Mac App. You have to use the Windows App to get MP4 recordings. Screen Sharing could be better, I find it's quite laggy at times (but not always).

Julia Brodsky

Outdated

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-10-15

The customer service is pretty bad. It too them three months to refund the money they promised to refund.

Pros
I hoped to find the"all included" option for my online school. Unfortunately, the provided packages did not work for me.

Cons
While Wiziq was a great idea when it just came up, it got quite outdated recently. I would not recommend at it's current state, there are many more options, that provide high flexibility and customization.

nirmala chava

user friendly

Reviewed 2017-02-13

I am working as assistant professor in college of education. I presented paper presentation for an international conference. That was first time for me to present my paper online . It was really really user friendly. I did not face any difficulty using this wiziq. i teach psychology to teacher trainees .I uploaded my ppt and introduction chapter of psychology . It is really awesome plat form to share our knowledge. and i am able to create a question paper with that software. it is very easy to use this platform and our teaching learning process also takes place with ease with this wiziq.

Response from WizIQ

Hi Nirmala,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. It always feels great when a user says we made knowledge sharing easy for them in the virtual world. :)

Hope to provide you with an even better experience in future.

David Posner

Great Virtual Classroom

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-09-20

Pros
It was easy to use. the staff made me feel like i was part of. it recorded the classes and the whiteboard. was easy to upload material.

Cons
There was really nothing that i didn't like. The price was a little high for the company i work for.

Joseph Smith

Very easy to use and value for money

Reviewed 2017-09-01

Pros
Easy navigation, simple interface, uncluttered appearance. Whiteboard is amazing. It lets me do all kinds of things, including illustration, calculations, and annotations. I can use graphs to show trends and patterns. Polling is a very useful feature. It helps me check the understanding of my students at any point of time during the class.

Cons
Some time face audio issues. This might be because of the slow internet bandwidth or poor connection.

Youssef Farhat

Excellent app overall, with a few bugs left to be worked out

Reviewed 2017-02-25

Pros
-Very convenient layout condusive to seeing meeting members, chatting with them and using microphone or camera to communicate with them -It's nice that you can toggle between various modes of communicating with others and adjusting their settings individually within the website

Cons
-Mobile app appears to be quite limited, making it an unacceptible alternative to using a computer -There are lots of bugs associated with moving windows around and trying to arrange things the way you want, where windows move off the the screen and are difficult to maneuver. -Video feeds of all meeting members is automatically made to be the same size and there is no clear way to unselect the video feed of less important meeting members so that you can see the person of interest bigger than everyone else.

Ravi Handa

Great App

Reviewed 2015-11-20

I have been using WizIq for 3 years to teach my online courses. The support team has always been really helpful specially Nikhil Sharma and Jasmeen. These guys know what they are doing unlike a lot of other LMSes where it is hard to figure out what needs to be done. Special kudos for the killer virtual classroom.

Pros
Great virtual classroom Awesome support

Cons
Goes offline once in a while which is a bummer.

Tejashwi Kumar

Awesome for online classes

Reviewed 2015-11-18

I have attended and also conducted various classes on WizIQ.. and this is by far the best online platform to conduct any class. The editing features, uploading pdf and then editing it in real time while conducting the classes are simply awesome. Also the fact that you can record the videos in mp4 as well as zipped format provided students with facility to see videos offline. They can also see online on WizIQ site and app. I think this is perhaps the best feature.

Pros
Recording, good sound and video quality, size of offline file, and number of courses available and their diversity.

Cons
Little expensive if you want to use it for just a few classes. Rest everything is just perfect, specially if you plan to be a long term user.

Abe Korn

Excellent Software Product

Reviewed 2017-02-13

I have used this software product from WIZIQ. Overall, it is a great software product. The quality of this product is five stars. It is an easy software application product to use. You can learn how to use it in a very short time period. The software product has loads of features and each one of the features has a different function. Thus, the software product has lots of functionality and capabilities as well. In the area of customer support, the company provides full customer support and is always there to help you when you need it. In my opinion, the product is easy to use so you will not need to contact customer support that often. In terms of the pricing for this software product, I have tried other products and this product gives you value for the money you spend on it. So in other words, it is worth the money you spend for it. Overall, it is a wonderful software product.

Pros
Easy to use, lots of functions, good customer support

Cons
No cons