WonScore Reviews

WonScore

Platform for assessing, analyzing, and comparing candidates

4.47/5 (165 reviews)

Pros
  • The ability to help narrow down applications from interested candidates. It helps us out with the hiring process by ensuring that candidates were able to do well on testing.Bonita M.Read the full review
  • The software itself is user friendly and easy to navigate. The support chat box was very helpful and responsive when having questions on assigning users.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • The software helps filter through candidates effectively and is worth the cost. Our company is proud to know that we employ intelligent personnel thanks to this product.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • I am somewhat confused with some of the emails that I receive from Wonscore.Jim S.Read the full review
  • We often get people that do not complete the assessment - not sure if that's a problem with the software or they just lose patience.Doug L.Read the full review
  • I am not sure if this is a negative but some applicants start the process and quit without finishing essentially deciding they would rather not get the job than finish the assessment.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Carlie Kathleen Goulet (McChesney)

Best Applicant Tracking Software that I demoed.

Reviewed 2018-07-10

Pros
I love the clean layout of the site. It is super easy to use and set up and customize. The customer service is spectacular and any time I have suggestions or feedback, I am "heard." They are "common sense" and if a recommendation is made on how to improve their system, they take it to heart and make it happen. I LOVE LOVE LOVE jobsoid!

Cons
Texting is only one way - outbound. Responses are not received which is super annoying. I love everything else which makes it totally worth it. :)

Erica Savage

ALWAYS USE THIS RESOURCE! IT WORKS!

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-03-06

Overall, I have been satisfied with the product. We have used this testing for over two years at our office and it never fails to accurately assess candidates. The monthly fee for this service is worth the money you'll save in the long run hiring the wrong person.

Pros
I like the ease of use for using this product. It also allows me to save past candidate information and evaluate who may be a good fit for our team. Another great system the software contains is the ability to flag when someone may be trying to answer questions untruthfully and you can initiate retesting. I have used this test for candidates during pre-hire screenings, and also in the probationary period. It always works. If the person scored well, they perform well. If they didn't, they don't. It's so simple! Such a time saver on investing in someone who ultimately is not a great fit for your organization.

Cons
The software had an update about a year ago and I can no longer access the 1.0 version results for existing staff. We are also work in a specialty of the health field, but the job descriptions are more generalized. Maybe in time this can be more tailored to niche markets.

Anonymous

Easy to Navigate, Easy to Use!

Reviewed 2020-03-03

Customer service is extremely responsive. We feel that by utilizing Wonscore we are able to weed out the candidates more quickly who may not be a good fit for our organization. Makes the life of a Team Developer easier!

Pros
I love how much detail I get in the new 2.0 version. The notifications that the candidate has started and then completed are very helpful, and if you need to re-send the tests, re-launching is a piece of cake! Being able to save as a pdf and send to managers is a snap, too.

Cons
The only thing is we wish could be better is the integration with our ATS for version 2.0. We still have the results coming across as version 1.0 since 2.0 does not integrate, but as far as we can tell that is not a Wonscore issue.

Andrew Gomes

Taking out the IQE was a big mistake

Reviewed 2018-12-14

Bad b/c they took out the IQE. We switched to the 15m online CCAT. It's way better.

Pros
Offered IQE. They used to offer IQ Equivalence Score, but they took that away so as not to hurt anyone's feelings.

Cons
1. The Personality and Motivation stuff has little real world correlation/value 2. They jumped on the latest bandwagon craze of political correctness, and removed the IQE, in favor of some subjective "Cognitive Assessment" that they made. They don't want people to see the reality -- that there are racial differences in IQ, and that IQ is the strongest correlate to job performance (and success in life in general)

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Dan Johnson

Helpful tool, but only part of the puzzle

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Wonscore has been a great point of reference for us and does help give you an idea of who you're talking to, but it probably shouldn't be the deciding factor. We've had high scores fizzle out and lower scores thrive but overall, we've been able to increase the level of our employee hires.

Pros
Easy to use. Easy to move employees to different job profiles to see potential fits within the company. Very easy to learn. Lots of job profiles. Provides a good starting point for evaluations. Good support when needed.

Cons
Because job profiles are prebuilt, they make assumptions about what skills are needed. If you have the chosen job but you don't use all the skills they assume, that could create misleading test scores. Candidates can only be archived and not deleted short of asking their support (as of writing this).

Heidi Hodson

Helpful in sorting through recruits

Reviewed 2020-03-03

It has been a very helpful tool in my hiring process.

Pros
I do like that it provides a great avenue for sifting through new hire candidates. I am able to eliminate undesirable candidates at a much earlier stage.

Cons
I feel that some of the tests are too long and repetitive. We seemingly lose a lot of candidates mid-stream because of this.

Kelly D

Overall effective product

Reviewed 2020-03-03

It is a good tool for candidate fit.

Pros
Easy to send out, results are easy to interpret, does what it is supposed to do.

Cons
There isn't anything I can think of at the moment, it is effective for what we use it for.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Carly Brault

Review of WonScore

Reviewed 2020-02-27

Overall I think it has helped the company with bringing in solid candidates and I enjoy that it is really easy to navigate. I also like that you can make reports for us as well.

Pros
I like that you can really determine a candidate with the results that we get. If the results are high we can see that in the interview, same if they are low. That helps us make great picks on candidates for the job we are looking to fill.

Cons
What I like least is that we cannot pick the questions. I think some of the English questions, or the word ones are not beneficial for us and wish we could have an alternative. Many people mention that they have never seen or heard of the words before.

Response from Wonderlic

Thanks for your feedback! It means a lot to us as we strive to continually improve our product.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Tyler Wadsworth

Good Product

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-03-03

Good tool, it's not a silver bullet and doesn't replace the need for an interview, but it enhances the interview process and can make it more productive leading to a higher potential for success with a hire.

Pros
Easy to retest and re-profile candidates that have already taken the test. Gives some broad level insight into the candidate and helps narrow in questions to ask during the interview process.

Cons
What the product gained in ease of use and universality it lost in some the detail you used to get from the older WonderLic platform we were on. In some cases is overly broad and general without enough specifics. Sometimes single reports give contradictory findings about a candidate in multiple areas

Karen Gates

Don't hire without it!

Reviewed 2020-03-10

Pros
Evaluates candidates against criteria for success in the role - almost as good as a crystal ball!

Cons
It is sometimes difficult to figure out how to resend if an applicant doesn't get the software right away.

Amber Lee

Wonscore from Wonderlic Review

Reviewed 2018-08-30

I think it is a great benefit for the value. I like that it is easy to use and it is a yearly subscription versus cost per assessment. I would like to be able to explain why candidates scored they way they did to hiring managers. Also, I think I great feature would be that candidates are emailed their results once their assessment is completed.

Pros
Very easy to administer assessments and view the results of assessments. I like the ability to assign several administrators so that hiring managers are able to administer and review assessments on their own. More often that not, we have found that candidates we chose to hire despite their assessment results were bad hires and the assessments were pretty accurate.

Cons
If there was a way that I could easily provide hiring managers what exactly their candidates were being assessed on for each position easily that would be a great help. Most of my hiring managers don't question assessment results, but sometimes, for example, a candidate will score low on stay, but they have been working for us as a temp employee for 3 months. I would like to be able to explain why that candidate scored low on stay.

Lorena Afa

The experience with Wonscore has been great and enjoyable.

Reviewed 2018-07-10

We have a lot of faith in the platform, in terms of trusting that if someone scores well on the assessment, that they're likely going to do well in the role. We also really like the personality portion of the assessment, although we don't always interpret it verbatim because we look a lot for alignment with our core values and such as well.

Pros
I like that it is fairly easy to use. You no longer have to submit a request for new tests (for new positions). You can simply add your own new test and either send the candidate an invite or the link to the exam. It seems to be pretty easy for the candidate to use with no instruction needed from my end. You also get notified of when someone beings and ends testing within Wonscore. I also like that it provides the motivation and personality tests along with the cognitive ability portion.

Cons
At first, I needed some guidance from customer support in terms of how exactly to use the software. I would say as a non-technical person, that it isn't the most straight-forward platform I've used, but once I got some assistance from support one time and played around in the platform myself, I now understand the gist. Also, I wish there was a little more explanation as to how certain scores on the bell-curve work, but even with that statement, I know I could find more information about it if I were to dive in deeper into their website.

Great Personnel Assessment

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-12-18

This test allows us not only to hire appropriately for a given position, but it also helps us to understand the value of all of our positions as part of the greater organization. Knowing the ideal scores for each position shows us just how much experience and education a person needs to accomplish the responsibilities, how much different roles should be paid and rewarded, and the pathway for growth that a position should allow for an employee.

Pros
The original Wonderlic assessment makes hiring a breeze! I can feel confident that selected candidates are capable of accomplishing their newly assigned roles appropriately. It's also a very easy test to give, and I love that it only takes a candidate 12 minutes to complete, so that it's not overly taxing or intimidating.

Cons
The newer tests for personality and motivation don't seem accurate at all. We've tested several existing employees as well as candidates for hire using these two tests, and the results never seem correct. I wish we could use the Wonderlic test as a standalone without having to incorporate the other two results as part of the overall Wonscore score.

Courtney Smith

Great for processing new candidates

Reviewed 2018-10-29

Pros
We have used this service for seeing if candidates are a right fit for our company before hiring and it has been super helpful and insightful. People will tell you how great they are, but this simple testing helps give more information about them. Simply asking candidates to take the test alone has narrowed down our applicants. Then seeing how they test in certain areas based on the job they applied for has been great for deciding whether we will push them further through the hiring process or not.

Cons
When taking the test myself just to see what kinds of questions are asked, I wasn't sure I was in full agreement with how the personality questions scored. Some of the questions didn't seem like they should actually apply or able to base someones personality fit on.

Kari Wainwright

We use Wonderlic for every candidate who comes on-site! It is a key part of our interview process.

Reviewed 2018-07-16

Smarter hiring decisions, better internal promotion considerations, and overall a more sound interview process that provides concrete insight.

Pros
I love how easy it is to search for an individual's results. We need access to these scores regularly to make hiring decisions, promotion consideration, and hiring profile analysis. I can always find the data I am looking for!

Cons
So far, we have yet to find a Wonscore calibration that fits the job description of our highest volume role (an entry-level sales position).

Glennon Reidler

Adds additional layer of information to use in considering candidates

Reviewed 2018-07-13

Pros
It is easy to use and administer, easy to review, and easy to understand. Helpful guidance when selecting between several good candidates.

Cons
There seems to be limitations to the types of positions available for roles within a company. The existing job descriptions may not quite match with roles in a company.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Victoria Muzyka

We currently have Wonderlic assessments and find WonScore's enhancements helpful but miss the detail

Reviewed 2018-02-01

Pros
The 'roll up' scoring - WonScore Average and how we have it integrated with our ATS - iCIMS. Also ease in reading/understanding the scoring.

Cons
Doesn't include the detailed reports per candidate it once did and our Hiring Managers found that useful in their conversations/interviews with candidates.

Pretty accurate personality test

Reviewed 2018-11-27

The tech support has been great. They eagerly jump on a call to answer questions and give us clarity on issues. They have answered any and all questions we have had.

Pros
I like the new results feature. It helps explain the results a little bit better and easier to read. We are able to explain the results to our hiring managers better if need be for them to understand the reasoning and give good questions to ask the candidates.

Cons
It is sometimes hard to map jobs to create the most accurate assessment for a specific job. We have done our best to map them out, but sometimes it is questioned.

Anonymous

Customer support was always very helpful and made the experience great.

Reviewed 2018-07-16

The benefits of this product were definitely its ease of use. It had a very simple display which was great considering we are a larger company who has many employees using Wonscore daily. It's design was very easy to maneuver and understand.

Pros
I like the simplicity of the site the most. It was very self explanatory and didn't have too many features which might have given an overwhelming experience.

Cons
I didn't like how it did not allow you to benchmark your own employees. I am not sure if this was an option that was offered or not, but bench marking would make the scores much more applicable to our own organization.

Livia Smith

Great candidate assessment

Reviewed 2018-09-23

It's a great tool to use to predict how candidates will perform in a certain position.

Pros
It is easy to use and is a good predictor of success in the position.

Cons
That it doesn't let you know if there are duplicates when sending assessments.

Betsy Wolf

VP of Human Resources

Reviewed 2018-12-18

Wonderlic and all of the team members I have dealt with there are professional expereinced and always there to help us with all of our hiring needs.

Pros
It is easy to you and administer to new hires

Cons
There is nothing that I do not lkike about Wonderlic

Anonymous

It is an easy to use system with accurate results

Reviewed 2018-07-10

Wonscore helps us make a more informed decision in our hiring process.

Pros
I love how easy it is to select a job that matches our Open Requisitions, and how easy it is to send the assessment to applicants. One of my favorite features is the direct link to the job, which makes it simple to add it to an email to an applicant.

Cons
I felt like there was not enough training to understand the results given. I do not like how the Open Jobs are displayed: the font is too big and there is no option to have it displayed as a list.

Jim Slingerland

The benefits of Wonscore....pros and cons

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2018-12-18

Overall, the results that we received, were definitely beneficial. It saved us on two occasions from making a "wrong" hire. So, yes, I am satisfied with the service we received, and the price we paid was worth the monthly investment. I feel that the initial 3 month investment was fair and affordable. Had the contract been longer or the price higher, I probably wouldn't have used Wonscore. After the 3 month contract, the month to month availability is current with what I see with other types of vendors. For a small business like ours, the terms and price worked out perfectly.

Pros
I thought that the pre-screen employment test was accurate. I had one of my employees take the test so I could get a good read on what other applicants were seeing, so I could do a comparison. I was amazed how accurate the test scores were. I compared one of employee's scores with their actual ability, and it was almost 100 % right on. This result gave me additional confidence in the Wonscore testing process. I also like the tracking and progress regarding an applicant's testing.

Cons
I am somewhat confused with some of the emails that I receive from Wonscore. One of the emails I received said that I could log into my Wonscore account and based upon the applicant's score, there would be specific interview questions that I could use as a guide. But, after I logged into the account, there was no reference to any questions to use as a guide for the interview. I tried to navigate through the website, but to no avail. This email message came up several times. Maybe, the interview questions were based on MY review of the test scores, not Wonscore's?? Confusing.

John Cox

Two thumbs up!

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Pros
The ease of use while qualifying candidates makes this a no-brainer step for any organizations' hiring process. The amount of time spent here is minimal - especially measured against the ROI. We feel this is an integral part of our process and makes us stronger as a company.

Cons
Really nothing comes to mind, the software is very refined.

Scott Boren

I have been using it for 2 years. Easy to use. Helps us make hiring decisions

Reviewed 2018-07-10

Pros
The product is very easy to use. Able to copy link into an email template and use over and over. Straight forward instructions and easy to learn too

Cons
I wish I was notified when someone completed an assessment without having to login. It should be more automated. I wish there was more detail on job descriptions and what is being focused on