All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Workday HCM

Unified human capital management and talent acquisition

Workday HCM Reviews

Pros

It is a simply designed website that is easy to navigate and makes viewing your benefits and picking your benefits or even changing your benefits simple and hassle free.

Brian D.

Read the full review
Workday makes it super easy to keep track of everything as far as my benefits go that I have here at work. It's easy to navigate and very easy to use.

Tanner M.

Read the full review
Great app to connect employees with the company for HR reasons. Being able to submit my PTO time from my phone is super helpful, as well as tracking my paychecks so I know what money is coming in.

Read the full review

Cons

I found it difficult to edit my hours when sometimes I would accidentally input the wrong times into the wrong date.

Teia R.

Read the full review
It is somewhat hard to navigate through changing personal info. There are multiple different areas you have to go on your profile depending on what you need to update which can be confusing for users.

Corinne M.

Read the full review
The location of the buttons is awkward, and the navigation is not very intuitive.

Read the full review

So glad my company switched to this, it makes everything so much easier!

Very good timesheet system

Having so many people in the company, it is very time consuming to manage HR related things for everyone on top of having new recruits. It is easily accessible for the current employees (can't say much for the new employees). I can access and make changes at home or at the office.

Pros

I like the ease of entering time worked and the time off request policies. That system works very well for my colleagues and I am able to revise entries and easily submit it to my supervisor. Sending reminders to everyone about updating info in workday is another good feature that we utilize often. It is also nice to have the quicklinks feature as it makes things easier to find in a time crunch. The payroll feature has been useful to me as well, I like being able to go back and see past checks.

Cons

The process can be tedious. Whenever I make a change, it goes through upper management. The goals and self appraisal process were also very confusing. There were multiple steps and I didn't see why it needed to be that way. They should've just made everything available online instead of us having to upload a word document of our goals and appraisals.

Workday for Recruitment

Overall the experience has been ok, but if you are looking for a true ATS this is not the answer unless you make some serious tweaks to the setup.

Pros

Ability to use as ATS as well as HR database and tie candidates to employee once hired and onboarded.

Cons

Inability to see candidates on Requisitions that are assigned to other recruiters / users within Workday.

Workday is probably the best human capital management too in the world right now.

Every big organization needs a human capital management program. Without Workday, this wouldn't have been possible. Especially in big companies like Agoda, where there are many requirements from stakeholders such as GDPR, Data Privacy, and Security, these are things that many of the competitors couldn't do.

Pros

Workday is probably the best human capital management in the world right now. Learning Workday opens wide opportunities to various jobs. As a Workday HCM beginner, it might be overwhelming, but after one training course and a month of practice, Workday HCM can easily become a simple thing. Workday HCM is important as it is the core of other Workday modules such as Workday Security and Workday Business Process Architecture.

Cons

Workday is definitely an expensive tool that is only utilized by big companies. It is going to be rare for small to medium size company to use Workday. It means that, if you are going to quit a company that uses Workday and would prefer to find a job in a similar fashion, it has to be a large size company. Workday training is also kind of expensive, yet it is not a one-on-one training but a group course instead. Workday Support is very technically useful, however, it might take some time for an issue to resolve and they don't provide live chat support. Workday Learning is something that my company has issues with the most.

Half-Baked Cake

I've used the Recruiting module for three years now, I can't help but wonder if the development team has involved an experienced recruiter when developing the module. I honestly don't think that Workday is ready to roll out to the market. If you are the decision maker consider buying this application, you really should include your recruiters' opinions.

Pros

The look and layout of the worklets are the only things I can praise about.

Cons

The business processes are too disconnected to count. The security level is so high up that a small change requires the product admin. (or whoever has the security level) to configure it at the backend. Pre-screening questionnaires must be pre-defined and pre-populated in the system - you can’t adjust the questions according to the requirements of each job at the time of Job Requisition creation. Trying...

Workday simplifies the way we manage employee information

Centralization of employee information. We used to have to access different systems for different aspects of an employee porfile. Now everythiing is one place: - Payroll - Performance review - Employee vacation tracking - Job description and salary details

Pros

I can find everything related to my profile as an employee in one place. Whether it is information related to my salary, payroll, time off/vacation, job description. It's all managed in one application. Also, the yearly performance reviews and goals are more simple to enter and submit.

Cons

Some of the screens are not easy to use. The buttons are sometimes confusing. For example, submitting a request for vacation seems cumbersome as there are different buttons that seem to do the same thing displayed at the same time.

Workday HCM software

Fantastic product that gave me all the insights I needed into my team. I was easily able to onboard and verify to-do documentation.

Pros

Value. One simple word. Workday's HCM platform is the Bentley of HR software. It's easy to use and provides incredible insights to employee and company data

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to maneuvering through the product. Our implementation took several months and the transition wasn't as smooth as we had hoped.

Workday is a useful Payroll and Human Resources tool

I like working with it. The interface is clean and uncluttered, I can quickly enter time, request a day off and look at my pay stubs. Transitioning from Paycom was really pain free except we did not get charged for health benefits the first pay period and got ALL of it charged the subsequent pay period.

Pros

I like the simplicity with which employees can track their time worked, ask for time off, and see their pay stubs.

Cons

I wish it would let you stay logged in. I have to log in many times a day

Great for managing Comp workflows, but not for analytics/reporting

Pros

1) Ability to audit change logs: who made what change when, who was it approved by, was it later edited or rescinded, etc. 2) The ability to mass rescind changes is a lifesaver; you can filter by data input date range, specific input files, individuals / business units, etc. 3) Quick learning curve to get familiar with the interface, new comp team members can get ramped up in no time.

Cons

1) While reporting within the tool does exist, I always found it lackluster compared to what we could build on top of it with Tableau or custom dashboard tools. 2) Doesn't do a great job of interacting with equity data, particularly vesting data. We always created custom tables in SQL and fed them into Workday for reporting purposes, didn't trust using it as the system of record for equity. 3) Difficult to make corrections to a comp change record without manually rescinding and updating subsequent comp changes (which can be VERY tedious).

It Has the Features You Need But Not the Usability Employees Want

From what I’ve observed, Workday is a robust tool and is often considered the industry standard because it is effective at what it does, even though its usability could be improved.

Pros

One of the best things about Workday is the ability to customize it to your company’s needs. For example, allowing administrators to upload a company background image is a nice touch. It’s also robust, allowing you to generate spreadsheets from data and tables (such as payslips). It also has some nice illustrations with micro-interactions.

Cons

Workday has poor usability and user experience. Features are not as intuitive or easy-to-use as other human resource software, such as Namely.

I use this tool on a very regular basis and this is a fantastic tool for any company to have

Pros

I love the fact that this platform provides a very easy and succinct way of giving me everything I need which can be found very quick and very easily. If I wanted to book in holiday or check other reportings then I can simply access the platform and the cloud automation optimizations make this a quick and simple experience.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this product.

Finally getting away from PDFs

Pros

The best part of about Workday Performance Management is the ability to get away from manual processes. Previously at our company, we had to write our self-evaluations in a PDF document that was submitted to our managers. Then the manager could choose to write something completely different or utilize what was already written by the employee. Ultimately, the manual process left out information....

Cons

The biggest con for me is the lack of stating what can be improved. This could be a customized field that my organization failed to incorporate. If that's true, then maybe the improvement could come from WorkDay itself on best practices. But every employee wants to shine a light on all the good they did throughout the course of the year. It is just as important for each employee to shine a light on the things they could do better, or improve upon for the next year. Another con for our organization was the length of time it took to implement WorkDay within our systems. It was far from an easy task that took thousands of man-hours to implement. However, now that it is implemented and people are using it, it seems to have been worth the effort.

‘A platform for employees to speak-up’

comparatively, ‘workday’ is an efficient, effective and affordable system for an above average organization.

Pros

Many companies lose their talented employees due to failures by the top management to recognize the contributions made by certain employees for the growth of the organization, which goes unnoticed by the hierarchy which creates a negative opinion towards the management by those employees. HCM tool makes a positive impact as a go-between the employee and management and WORKDAY has made substantial...

Cons

so many beneficial features are incorporated in the system that it takes a fairly big effort to familiarize. As this is a HR centered software with access to each member, we find difficulties in getting the full potential due to cultural diversities by way of language barriers (non-English speakers).

New HR Tool brings some challenges and benefits

MY organization switched over to Workday and I had the chance to use this tool for a while now. I'll say that it's a lot easier to pick up and the available info to learn it was easy to grasp as well.

Pros

You can pretty much find any HR related features/questions/information in one spot. I was able to consolidate my benefits options, PTO, reviews, in one spot. I also think that it's certainly more robust/ takes a lot less down time than our previous software. Besides that Workday comes with the standard user logins, password setup, online time-sheet, etc. that I expect. I really like the ability to edit my own info very fast. I can change things like benefits or dependencies quickly rather than going directly to my HR's office.

Cons

My one complaint is that I used to be able to directly edit some of my team member's info and reviews from our old platform on my own. I think whether it's due to lack of access rights or just how my HR department has set it up, I can't do that any longer. It's a more lengthy process of getting it manually updated from my end and through some parties outside my immediate department.

Money pit - a software company that charges you for regular updates to their software

Everything you do with Workday costs money. Forget the annual licence cost, that's only part of it - every time you send an email or phone support you are on the clock. Twice a year when the software gets updated you are required to pay consulting fees to Workday or one of their service partners to test that the update actually works at your end. Most new features and enhancements are not provided...

Pros

The workflows are really good, particularly for recruitment and performance management

Cons

The interface is unusual from a UX perspective, and everything is very rigid. Workday offers little flexibility or user customisation, unless you are happy to spend a fortune with one of their service partners. Their expensive user training courses are absolutely appalling for adult learners - 4 days in a classroom flicking through a 500 page bound workbook, anyone?

Learning Curve, but Allows for a lot of Consolidation

Complex so far, but also rewarding to have a single platform to build off of. There are a lot of things that need to be monitored at once, but again, having things consolidated will make those efforts much easier, along with leveraging the consistent updates from Workday.

Pros

Consolidating one-off software into a single solution. We were utilizing separate candidate tracking software, performance review software, employee profile details, and more. Workday offers all of this, and once everything was ported over, it has become much easier to manage and there are now several other offerings that can be taken advantage of from a data analysis and management standpoint.

Cons

The onboarding and internal training required is extremely robust, however, essential. This is not an overnight switch, it will take a lot of time and internal training, to achieve the top uses of this powerful platform, but the expectation is that it will be very worthwhile.

Difficult to learn without paying for courses but still a solid option

I have only been using Workday for a few months. After taking all of the integration courses and starting to build integrations I am reasonably comfortable with the back end but no front end knowledge which is required to test at least the inbound integrations. Be prepared to spend days researching certain topics before coming up with answers. I recommend hiring a consultant to help in house developers learn the tools and functionality if you decide to go with Workday.

Pros

-Basic functionality for end users is intuitive and easy to use. -Lots of options for integration with third parties -Easy to use, custom, report capability with the option to expose reports as services (RaaS). -Fairly easy to learn and use add-in for Eclipse for complicated integrations (Workday Studio).

Cons

-Training is expensive and is basically required to do an implementation due to lack of available reference material. Recording the online training for future reference is not permitted -The workday community site is cumbersome (searches are not ranked according to relevancy and it can take many hours to find what you are looking for). Some workday studio components don't seem to be documented at...

Workday will make your day go more than okay!

Workday I am so glad it is becoming a lot more common in the industry and I love the convenience that the product provides to the consumer. It expedites the process of applying to positions on a lot of major corporations' websites.

Pros

I love the fact that you can upload your file onto their platform and everything is already prefilled in for you with great accuracy. Yes, other sites do offer that same kind of service but I do notice when applying the file onto the form to prefill, most other sites aren't as good in entering data in the correct fields. The interface is easy to use as well and does not take a long time to load.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like about the product is the fact that depending on the carrier using the product, your account may or may not be saved. Which is no big deal, you just create another account for each consumer's page you are visiting and wish to register on.

Makes it so much easier to apply jobs

Pros

All professionals know how exhausting the application experience can be. Despite being skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced and reaching to the last level of the interview process, for some unknown reason it is always given to some brown-noser or somehow was already promised the job to someone else and thus professionals are back to square one in the application process. This makes it so easy as it carries over the information from your resume and is intelligent enough to fill the entry fields accurately.

Cons

While very accurate, I wish it would also carry over my skills, languages, certifications. Workday would be the number one option. I also wish that Workday increases its marketing to make it a household name for applications - all companies should be using this software to recruit employees.

Workday makes it very easy to choose which benefits work best for your family and your needs.

I feel like worday is a great program to use. Especially if you have a large business and you want to deliver a wealth of information to all of your employees at their convenience vs. a time you want to select. The platform can also allow for users to access it from their own home PC's so they can truly do what they need to on their own time. As an employee, I felt like that was a great feature.

Pros

I used workday benefits for over 7 years with a property management company that I worked for. Each year we would log into workday to view the current benefits available and choose which benefits worked best for our needs and our families, if any. IT was super easy to use. They would show you on workday side by side what benefits provided which coverages, and at what costs. You could even use a comparison...

Cons

Sometimes while using the software, it would "hiccup" when switching between coverages and I would have to re log in and get to where I was. It was truly a mild issue which wasn't frustrating. This also my have had a LOT to do with the internet I was using and not the actual program itself...

Powerful Interface Human Resources System

Pros

Workday Recruiting has taken our HR needs to the next level. Where can you you find a software that has the combination not just for your HR needs but for finance and planning as well. Each time I have board meetings at the bank, I feel secured that I can extract all the information I need from this software. It didn’t just keep my work organized, but also gave me the ability to track data ranging from time sheets to expenses which is what I basically needed. I’m so glad we invested in this software which has lightened my workload in half.

Cons

My only pet peeve with this software is when you encounter an error while posting a job opening, you’ll need to redo the whole thing again. Unless I am missing something, there is no option to resubmit, but it makes you start the entire process all over again.

Workday HCM - a very logical system with lots of steps!

This is a good, all-in-one system for organizations that wish to use just the one system.

Pros

- A good dashboard that makes it easier for the user to navigate around - Looks sleek and simple layout - Has a decent recruiter dashboard if you're using this as an Applicant Tracking System - A good one-stop shop for logging holidays, expenses, illness, development plans

Cons

- The system can feel 'clunky,' at times and there is a latency when you're trying to do free-hand search in the search toolbars - The Recruiter platform doesn't allow you to build talent pipelines as easy as competitor systems - Reporting for a user can be limited

I use workday as a end user

it is awesome.

Pros

I use workday as a end user in my orgination.In workday what i like most is helps to maintain transparency between management and lower employee.In workday any employee can see full hierarchy of his/her organization so their is no hide and seek between management and employee.Employee can see his all year performance,his role in organization detail ,his profile,training,skill everything in one single place.and for company also it is easy to track each single employee detail like performance,skills,work history.

Cons

I dont find any thing which I dont like in workday as it make transparency in organization so I will suggest to organization to use workday so it increase employee's trust on organization which is very necessary for any organization.

Easy access for all

There couldn't be any easier to use software for the simple task of keeping track of honest work hours in the workplace. It's one more thing to help take stress off your mind and be able to focus on your actual work you came in for.

Pros

As an employee to clock in and out, you really are just looking for ease of access. That is what Workday provided for us. Simple access and capabilities on our phone or desktop and easy to check and approve time cards to keep track of work hours. Easy to see reminders when you forgot to clock in or out and easy to fix when the mistake is made.

Cons

In my time using it, nothing has ever gone wrong or confused me to the point where it wasn't an easy fix. For my job and the purpose we needed from Workday, there was never a con to using it.

Workday Review

Very useful tool in regards to managing employee information and hierarchy. On the surface, it is a very easy tool to manage. However, as you get deeper into the functionality, it becomes overly complicated.

Pros

The interface is very user friendly in regards to time cards, benefits, and important documentation.

Cons

The reporting functionality is incredibly complicated. Building/setting-up reports takes a ton of time and trail & error.

Great tool

its great experience so far, once you get the idea of the google like experience when using the tool its super simple to use. its a game changer in our organization in the most positive way

Pros

workday platform overall its one of the best tools available in the market these days, it allows you to configure your environment in the tool to adapt it to your business needs, what I like the most is the capabilities to filter information from candidates and allows you to create a pool of candidates that can be slice and diced according to your needs in your organization, the reporting modules are self service oriented, so you can easily create your reports and kpi to track the effectiveness of your recruiters, there is no single piece of data that this tool is not tracking about your candidates, if you feed it properly and configure it according to your needs it will help you and increase your productivity amazingly.

Cons

Workday costs are high, is not suitable for a small company, the cloud technology they offer os great but it comes with a cost.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.