UKG Ready Reviews - Page 3

Heritage Communities reviews UKG Ready

We are working hard at getting our employees to do more for themselves. However, most of our employees use the mobile app and need assistance.

Pros

I do like the detail and multiple tabs for employee records. So many changes recently to the look and feel is frustrating at the moment but I hope it will get easier over time.

Cons

My biggest complaint is that not all fields are date driven. The fields that can be "added" for changes work fine, allowing us to capture the history of changes without having to pull the audit trail. However, the fields that can only be changed (with no effective date) make it hard to understand the history. We have many employees who change their status often and it would be better if all fields had effective and end dates. Benefits Accrual on the Profile and Tax changes are especially frustrating.

WR User of 7 Modules

Kronos has been a God-send. What started out as a "HR" software that "HR was stuffing down our throats" has turned into a great tool used by the entire organization. Many team leaders are now taking time to look through Kronos to see what other processes they could put into Kronos so that we can go more paperless. We call it "electronifying" our processes.

Pros

I like how Kronos is continually investing in improvements and enhanced features. I love that clients get to vote on items in the Community and that we can see what's coming down the pike.

Cons

I'd like the job aids to be in an editable format so that I could add to them with more company specific information. Currently, the pdfs aren't editable so I use them as a guide to get me started on created my own. We'd really like a project management solution. We looked at the Scheduler module but it does not allow for the tracking of projects or scheduling of equipment, only employees.

Kronos Workforce Ready

We like Ready much more than Central as it was able to handle more of our HR needs.

Pros

All paperless with hiring an applicant from application to full time paperwork. We are then able to track benefits and performance within the system.

Cons

There are updates that are pushed thru Kronos and with being on the cloud you don't have much choice. However they do send out announcements and training prior to any switches.

There's no single "right way"

Overall, I like it. But we SERIOUSLY under-utilize this system and I'd like to remedy that.

Pros

For people that learn differently, this program is good, there are several ways to accomplish the same task. I like that I can find nearly anything I want (employee related) in just a few seconds.

Cons

For people who like black and white (like me), I just want the easiest and fastest way to complete a task. I don't like that there are different rules for different functions. I can do XYZ if I'm trying to report THIS, but I can't do XYZ if I'm trying to report THAT. I wish all rules applied to all functions. I also don't like that Kronos isn't smart enough to figure out detailed functions. For...

The time keeping system that brought us into the new age.

The clocks are resilient and easy to use, none of our employees have any complaints.

Pros

It is quick, accurate, and cloud based (so it is available everywhere). It combined our 4 locations, and digitized our PTO system while allow us to use the same access card for time keeping as we do for a door access system.

Cons

The biggest con for us is that it does not integrate with our payroll system (we use paychex flex). We are able to export hours from Kronos to Flex. Another con would be that the App feels a little out dated.

Hi Steve, Thank you for taking the time to review Workforce Ready! It’s great to hear our products have been easy to use, and that your employees are successfully utilizing our clocks. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the integration to your payroll system, and will be sure to send your thoughts to the appropriate teams. If you have any additional thoughts, please reach out to me at jessica.bilafer@kronos.com Thank you! Jesse

Kronos workforce ready

The support overall is good but it takes too long to get to the people with knowledge. I wish the ticket process were streamlined to send the more technical and difficult tickets directly to the next level.

Pros

Flexibility in implementing modules. I like that it is not a buy one get all. You can use the feature as you want and turn on others later on as well as purchase other pieces as add ons.

Cons

The performance review module is week and not tied to goals. The compensation module is very disorganized and creates too many lines of data for each single transaction causing a lot of manual clean up on a regular basis. The applicant module is not flexible enough.

Hi Elisa, Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Workforce Ready. I am glad to hear that you are enjoying the flexibility of the solution. I also appreciate your candid feedback on what you would like to see improved. I wanted to let you know that the ability is tie goals to the annual review will be available in our October release. I would also be happy to coordinate a call...

Efficient time tracker plus more. A lot more.

Pros

Clocking in before and clocking out after your work hours is the main role of Kronos workforce. It is efficient and user friendly. But it's way more than a time stamp tracker. You can access your vacation credits, request for one, track it and link it to your schedule viewer. You can approve and review your time card, payroll cannot process your time card unless you approve it. It assures that discrepancies can be fixed before it moves forward. It has tons of features, i don't think i can cover everything in one go.

Cons

Some of my coworkers advised that they can access the clock-in capability of the program outside our closed network. I understand that it's web based but this might cause integrity issues. I'm not sure if that featured can be tailored to be locked out if your not logged in the company's network.

Workforce Ready Review

Pros

Ease of use; cloud based program - data is available from any log on; multiple reports available to use for various needs.

Cons

Multi-factor authentication for those customers who only use the timekeeping software has really limited our employees from using the software. We dont keep private information in our records for Kronos and if the employer could "opt" to use the multi-factor authentication that would increase our employee's usage and ability to take care of their own needs. Instead, payroll is having to take of their needs because they have difficulty logging in.

Hello Kelly, It is great to hear that you are taking advantage of Workforce Ready being in the cloud! As far as multi-factor authentication is concerned, I will certainly pass this along to the product team. Please feel free to reach out to me at amy.fafard@kronos.com if you would like to discuss it further. Thank you for the review, Amy Fafard

Great Software with wonderful Customer Service

Overall great product. It is user friendly and they have a great support team. The only thing I wish they offered was additional onsite training past the initial setup.

Pros

If any issues arise, they have a wonderful Customer Service team to help. They are knowledgeable and are quick to respond.

Cons

After the initial setup and training, any additional training is offered only online. I took over the HR position about 6 months after implementation so I had to figure a lot on my own since the previous HR person was not available to train.

Hi Carla, Thank you for your review! We appreciate that you find the product easy to use and are very grateful for your kind words about our Support team. Regarding training, please reach out to me at amy.fafard@kronos.com – we offer some one-on-one online training options that might be a good fit for your needs (on-site training is also available through our partners), and we can discuss what works best for you. Thanks, Amy Fafard

5 years and counting

Pros

I have been using Kronos Workforce Ready for almost 5 years and am very satisfied with the product. The system is easy to navigate, simple to key in the information, has the ability to run ad-hoc reports and also customize and export them in multiple formats. I also use the system for my payroll processing for almost 500 employees on a bi-weekly basis. The system is simple and has clear workflow to follow for quick and easy processing. If I ever run into an issue, I am able to place a ticket via phone or online with Customer Service and they are pretty quick with getting back to me and assigning me someone who knows how to assist me with my problem.

Cons

Some system functions/packages need to be purchased separately but that is pretty standard when purchasing this kind of a system.

Time Corrections

As a mid level manager I still have not used Kronos to its full capacity, in the future at my company I will be trained on how to use it further. From what I do use it for now it is a fairly easy program to use. I look forward to more training and using it for more.

Pros

Pulls up easily with internet access to punch in and out. As far as making time card corrections it is a fairly easy process once you have taken the training and have done a few corrections. Without taking the training or being trained by someone, I would not attempt to do any time corrections for employees

Cons

The way the hours are shown on the earnings time card are misleading at least for the company I work for, if you are one that likes to calculate what you would be making this may be difficult. Functions a bit slow, seems as if it is the actual program and not the internet speed.

WFR Review

Overall we have been happy moving from Workforce Central to Workforce Ready

Pros

Easy to use for admin as well as employees. Self service is very easy to implement Allows employees to review pay statements and print, W2's, review time sheets, request time off, and review their profile Security functions for data access has a variety to set up multiples levels for managers to view employees. Reporting is great, easy to use and create your own reports Ability to have HR, Payroll, T&A, Leave, Benefits, Recruitment and more hosted by Kronos in the cloud No more legislative updates, version updates or consulting fees to do updates. All updates are done for you. Once you understand the configurations of policies it is easy to make adjustments. Tech support is always helpful to make any changes.

Cons

Some features still need development for attendance and leave especially. Functional and can use effectively but could use improvement.

Bobby's Likes and Dislikes

Kronos did most of what we needed it to do. The biggest issue we had was the fact they over-promised the capabilities of what Kronos could do. After signing our contract and committing to the software, we found out it couldn't do the accounting we needed it to do, so we had to invest in a separate software to handle our accounting issues. Then we found out the onboarding didn't work the way we needed it to, so we had to invest in another software for it. Then it wouldn't communicate with our new accounting software, so we had to invest in yet another software. So all in all, the cost became to much.

Pros

I love how simple it is to export the data. I also love the many options of exports it's capable of doing.

Cons

The reporting systems are very complicated to work with. Most of the reports I had to create couldn't be done in Kronos. I had to export the data to excel and create the reports from excel.

Good HRIS System with Improvement needed

A more simple and general training or user guide would be better for first time user in understanding how to start using the system.

Pros

Usage are fairly easy to locate data and info. Reporting are one of the best feature in this system as it is very versatile and customizable in adding or deleting info to achieve desired result, exporting the report is quick and comes with many formats. Some of the built in lookup function comes in handy and saves time.

Cons

Some of the wordings in the system are not as direct and can be mistakenly understood (Such as the Accrual function), only when explained by customer service in the true meaning it can be used correctly. There are certain info that exist in the system but not able to be add to a customize report, which sometimes cause time consuming effort to combine multiple report or manually adjust after export. A few Government labor filing forms has incorrect info when auto filled. Need to adjust manually afterwards.

Workforce Ready is a good product that has been able to solve most of our pain points.

Pros

We like the ability to easily see the entire team's time on a dashboard that can be customized to our individual preferences. The ability to approve time sheets for multiple employees easily and quickly is also a highlight of the product. The reporting function is easy to customize reports as needed and share them with others.

Cons

The only con that really has impacted us has been the inconsistent performance. It has been inconvenient because the system has been non-functional on the days we are trying to close out time tracking to process our payroll. This happened consistently for 4 payrolls over an 8 week period. While there were many people at Kronos working on the problem, it never seemed to have the root cause handled so it would not continue to occur.

Good product

Pros

Web based so I can access anywhere/anytime, user friendly, good report options, strong security, better payroll functioning capabilities than our previous system.

Cons

Repeat logins, requiring some info to perform certain functions but it's not required when setting up an employee, double entry on different screens, does not give a warning that an employee is not going to get a check when performing payroll, turns off benefit automatically without warning when an employee's hours drop below a certain point.

Hello Gretta, Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoy a lot of the Workforce Ready functionality! I wanted to let you know that there is a way to prevent session timeouts from happening at regular intervals. In the Workforce Ready solution, navigate to Company Settings then click on Profile/Polices and then click on Security - this will enable you to edit your security profile. Once in your profile, under “Timeout Settings” you can modify the “Max Inactive Time” to the desired time. If you have any questions on this, or would like assistance with any other issues, please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email at holly.bouffard@kronos.com. All the best, Holly Bouffard Community Manager, Workforce Ready

Kronos Review

Pros

Overall, Kronos is a software that allows for many different functions. My organization generates almost all of our HR reports from the information contained within the software and we also use it for timekeeping and payroll.

Cons

From my perspective, the biggest con I have with Kronos is that the system is not very easy to navigate and it needs to be modernized to stay up with the times as far as providing a welcoming experience for users.

Hello Michael, Thank you for your feedback - we are always interested in hearing from our customers how we can improve our solutions. One of the biggest focus areas for Workforce Ready in 2017 is improving the user experience, so you should expect to see positive changes in the ease of use throughout the year and beyond. All the best, Holly Bouffard Community Manager, Workforce Ready 978.947.5173 holly.bouffard@kronos.com

Everything you need

Overall I do think that Kronos Workforce ready is one of the best systems out there that has a lot to offer in one package.

Pros

I love how all of the different aspects of human resources is woven into one system in a comprehensive and easy to use system, once you know how to utilize it properly.

Cons

Quite a number of our employees are not so tech-savvy and have a hard time with all of the different steps it takes to do simple tasks e.i. logging in or correcting their time...

Hi Diane, Thank you for taking the time to review Workforce Ready! It’s great to hear of your success in using our products for human resources purposes. We also appreciate your thoughts on the employees’ user experience, and will be sure to route your feedback to our engineering and product teams. If you have any additional thoughts, please feel free to reach out to me at jessica.bilafer@kronos.com. Thank you! Jesse

My Kronos Experience

Overall I think I remain very neutral in it all. There are many aspects of Kronos I like, as it has reduced some of our inefficiency's, but at the same time it has added some new ones as well. We decided to do a slow transition, region by region, and it seems to be working well for us.

Pros

Coming from using Workday - we like Kronos for many of its simple access tasks. We like how easy it is to search/find an employee, we like how the system has allowed us to combine our HR system with out payroll system. We have grown to also like the applicant tracking side, it has been a nice transition from using ICIMS.

Cons

The transitioning from our old systems to Kronos has been a bit of a struggle. We had a very low grade implementation team at the start of go live for us and eventually we had the entire team re-spun with new people. It was difficult enough for us to be concerned with transitioning systems let alone our implementation team changing entirely. We were promised many efficiency's to eliminate old inefficiency's and very little of that has actually happened.

Kronos definitely belongs at the top of the list for managing workplace payroll and HR tasks

I have found that working three prn medical jobs that all relied on Kronos never gave me any difficulty with managing my time sheets nor my access to various documents or tax forms. When I switched to full time and was educating people I was training, the new hires took very quickly to the process of working with it. Overall I prefer this system to any other I have worked with.

Pros

Employees find it very simple to engage with and take control of their own paperwork and needs. The system also assists HR with managing complex data for high volume companies while still feeling appropriate for use with small ones. When employees have two jobs that both utilize Kronos, the platform is able to distinguish the two separate companies and maintain unique log ins for both.

Cons

The only real downside is that it interfacing with the timekeeping system at the job site so if a punch gets missed on the last day of the pay period, the employee has to interact with HR in order to correct the discrepancy. Some employees are not good with that skill and HR has to backtrack from the report Kronos generates. This is really not the fault of the software though but rather an issue with the employees.

Great Software

Using Kronos has significantly reduced the hours spent handling and filing paperwork on each employee. Employee reviews, job goals, reward and disciplinary matters are all handled through Kronos. Employee basically have access to their entire work history. They also have access and ability to print their W-2 and ACA form.

Pros

Building reports within Kronos and being able to print the data in various formats has been one of the greatest features of Kronos. I love having the ability to take a candidate from the application stage to the hiring stage within the same process and have all hiring documents completed within the system. Lastly, having the time keeping system also be within the same software makes Kronos the best interactive software we have used to date!

Cons

The least favorable feature of Kronos has been not having the "back button" work at all times, regardless of where you are within the software. Too often, there is a need to restart a process.

Kronos for timekeeping

Pros

We use kronos at the hospital where I work. We use it to sign in and out. There is a different code for clocking in and clocking out for lunch. Sometimes I forget to clock in and out with kronos, so I just put my clock in and out time in the notebook at the charge desk and the person in charge of timekeeping manually enters my log in and out information. Everyone is aware of the earliest time that you can clock out without it showing that you clocked out early. For example, you can clock out at 4:58pm, and it still counts as clocking out at 5pm.

Cons

The phone that we use at my hospital however runs a little fast, so if my cellphone says 8am, the kronos phone already says 8:01, and clocking in late shows up and is frowned upon.

My Opinion

I have had a wonderful experience with UKG Ready ever since we became a partner in 2016,2017ish - This is by far the best Payroll/Time/HR platform I have ever used

Pros

I love the Software & how customizable it is, however more importantly I love the software support. The Support team is the best II have ever had the pleasure to work with & very knowledgeable of the entire platform (UKG Ready is ours)

Cons

Sometimes the "look & feel" updates confuse our clients & cause a boat load of calls when an update happens. It is too time consuming to make \a standard operating procedure on the updates because they happen so frequently. It would be awesome if UKG could release a "Guide" on the new look & feel so we can pass along to our clients when an update happens

Kronos Review

I enjoyed working with the Kronos system. I also enjoyed everybody that we ever worked with. They were very pleasant and always willing to help. If they did not know the answer, they found somebody that did.

Pros

For the most part it is very user friendly. I loved some of the reports that I was able to utilize. Also the dash board with the attendance list, etc on it was very nice.

Cons

It did take quite awhile to get it tweeked to our needs for a payroll system. We never did get the PTO/Vacation/etc. to work right. That was part my fault for not having enough time to spend with somebody to get it completely set up to our specifications.

Strong time management payroll software

Very satisfied. We have 15 locations with about 120 people punching a time clock. It works well for our company

Pros

I appreciate the ease of use from an administrator standpoint. Reports are easy to design and build. Makes my day easy. The ability to pull up an employee and find everything in one spot is useful as well. The payroll process is simple to use.

Cons

Not so much the software but I currently do not have a direct line to my representative. I either make a call and leave a message or send an e-mail and wait for a response.