UKG Ready Reviews - Page 5

Old system

Pros

Easy to view timecard from previous shifts when viewing from the time clock. Like that this system offers a timeclock (often several throughout workplace) instead of having to clock in or out on a desktop computer

Cons

The Kronos that we have on our computer is very old. Still have to use the Function buttons (example f2) with the numbers to go back and forth between screens. Unable to use the mouse in the system. Several times when using the time clock we have errors that say “server offline” and unable to clock in or out during that time. The fingerprint function often does not work either when clocking in or out.

Good but could be better

Pros

Alot of great features. Happy with some additions and new app. New UI with charts is great for employees and managers.

Cons

Software has some quirks/procedural requirements which are hard to learn when employees don't use on a daily basis. In addition, images and pictures make a better/newer looking image. Implementation was confusing, difficult, and time-constraining. Training has been inconsistent at best. I believe the process has changed since we went through implementation. Trouble getting things to work how they have shown.

I love Kronos Workforce Ready it makes time keeping and payroll so much easier to do!

I had a great Implementation Person that made this huge transition for our company so much easier; without him I would have been lost! He took the time and really walked me through everything to make sure I understood the product completely.

Pros

Kronos Workforce Ready is easy to learn and navigate which makes it easier for me to teach coworkers how to use it! I also really love the Technical Support team they are always quick to get back to me whatever the issue at hand may be.

Cons

I love Kronos Workforce Ready it makes my job so much easier to use however, it is very expensive and I wish they charged per employee not by a rounded number.

Hi Jennifer, We’re thrilled to hear that you had a great implementation and that you’ve found the Professional Services and Support teams helpful in making the transition to Workforce Ready! Thanks for your business, Amy Fafard

Overall, quality product and you appear to address issues in a timely manner.

Pros

The layout of the software is easy to view & numerous reports make for efficient use of time to gather numbers needed.

Cons

The calendar view for checking monthly staffing could be set up better to view. We would like to see (seconds) added to the time of submission for time off requests.

Hello Lewis, Thank you for reviewing Workforce Ready! We are glad to hear of your success in reporting, and that these features enable your organization to manage time efficiently. Also, your feedback regarding calendar views is much appreciated, and we will be sure to engage our product teams on this matter. If you have any further thoughts please reach out to me at jessica.bilafer@kronos.com. Thank you! Jesse

Kronos is a great system!

I'd never heard of it before I joined the company for which I now work, but I will use it here on out for the rest of my working life. I really like it, and its ease of use and ability to have everything in one place is really useful.

Pros

Kronos is intuitive, easy to use, and reliable. I like that it keeps all of our employee information in one, easy to access place. I can check schedules, request time off, check accurals, make requests, and do everything I need to do.

Cons

When there are updates to the app and its related hardware (like the timeclock), we invariably can't use it for a day or two. That can be frustrating, especially on busy days.

End user and hr recruiter

Pros

Kronos system have many attributes that I believe is helpful one that comes to mind is the fact that it’s easy for all users.

Cons

Using the system as a ATS - I found that setting up work flows was highly difficult and the webinar was hard to follow (different user at different level so stop and start and answering questions during the presentation made it hard to follow).

Thank you for the review Tamala! We appreciate that you and your company are finding Workforce Ready easy to use. I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with ATS. Please feel free to reach out to me at amy.fafard@kronos.com if I can be of assistance with this. Thanks, Amy Fafard

Solid payroll, HR, and TLM package with great reporting features

Pros

Kronos Workforce Ready is a truly customizable product, with very robust, customizable reporting tools and good payroll optimization. For mid-sized enterprises it is a solid, cloud-based all-in-one option. ACA reporting tool is great. Flexibility of tools is something we hope our managers and employees will grow into as they become accustomed to non-paper-based payroll.

Cons

Recruitment module and payroll module have weird glitches with tax, unemployment and workers' comp settings that make automation a little hit or miss with the forms; cost center editing is complicated. Global Support folks are very nice, but the depth of bench can vary, so if you find someone you like working with, try to stick with them as much as possible. Basic scheduling (without Scheduler module) is not useful.

Best HRIS software for a small HR Dept

Pros

Everything I need is in one software: recruiting, onboarding, benefits, payroll, performance reviews and offboarding. The employee and manager self-service components are the main reason we switched software and there are no regrets after two years of using Workforce Ready.

Cons

If you are a small HR department, the set-up time might be longer than expected because you have to balance implementation with getting your regular job done.

Hello Kristine, Thanks for the great review! We are thrilled to hear that Workforce Ready is working so well for you and wish you continued success with your business! Thanks again, Amy Fafard

Review on Kronos Workforce Ready

Pros

Kronos has changed the entire dynamic of our HR responsibilities. It has allowed us to keep all of our information for our employees in one place. It is very easy to use and design based on our companies needs. We use Kronos as our employee database as well as payroll.

Cons

Not many cons, but I suppose the navigating through the system just takes some time and effort to learn. Which this is to be expected.

Hello Meredith, Thank you for your review of Workforce Ready! It is great to hear of the successes in your HR organization, and that you have found our products easy to use! We also appreciate your thoughts on training and the learning curve, and our teams are always trying to improve that experience. If you have any additional thoughts or questions, please reach out to me at Jessica.bilafer@kronos.com. Thanks again! Jesse

Easy to use as an employee

This software is very reliable and secure when it comes to the employee's information. Being able to log in and see what HR sees in their system made it easy to see what needed to be updated. Also, being able to request time off through the software eliminated the paper trail of trying to get it signed off.

Pros

Clocking in and clocking out of work was a breeze. Kronos allowed us to clock in/out via the computer or by swiping our IDs at the time clock.

Cons

There were a few times that the software didn't catch a time where I swiped in or out of work. Luckily, my manager is able to go into the Kronos software an immediately fix the time card

Workforce Ready

Good Customer Service when there is a problem or issue with the system. The on-line time entry for employees works very well.

Pros

The Workforce Ready system is extremely user friendly and easy to run canned or custom reports.

Cons

It would be helpful to have a feature in the software when an employee misses an in or out punch, that would highlight the error for the Manager as necessary to fix prior to the end of the payroll week.

Kronos Workforce Review

Pros

I like all the options you have with workforce ready. I have used a different platform of Kronos and it wasn't as user friendly. I like the reporting capability as well.

Cons

I wish the training material was more updated. I find it a bit hard to find exactly what I am looking for. I also wish we were notified when updates happened and what exactly it effected.

Hello Melissa, Thank you for your review of Workforce Ready and I am glad to hear that you are finding the reports and the software easy to use! Regarding training and release notes, please reach out to me at amy.fafard@kronos.com so I can make sure that you are on our mailing list and receiving invitations to our quarterly release webinars and Best Practices training webinars. Those should cover a lot of the topics that you would like to know more about! Thanks, Amy Fafard

Robust system with lots of capabilities

Able to customize to your needs, but a more out of the box system is easier to implement.

Pros

Able to handle all aspects of HR. Timekeeping system is easy to use, handles all of our PTO types and schedules.

Cons

Training and education on products and features. Would like to have more classes available before implementation. Just because you helped build the system doesn't mean you understand situations you run into on a daily basis.

Hi Diana, Thank you for your review of Workforce Ready! We appreciate your honest feedback regarding our training and education, and we will be sure to notify the appropriate teams. It is also great to hear Workforce Ready successfully handles your HR, PTO, and Scheduling systems. If you have any additional thoughts or questions, please reach out to me at jessica.bilafer@kronos.com. Thanks again! Jesse

Software is solid. Kronos Support is solid. Implementation team is terrible.

To have a solid product every aspect needs to be seamless in my opinion. If we were to go back to the drawing board on choosing a time keeping system and I knew what I know now we would go with someone else.

Pros

Once it is up and running Kronos Support is great and very helpful. General system/software is easy to use and has a lot of very useful features. Day to day it does not have much upkeep once it is up and running. The overall software itself is able to be tailored to our needs to an extent.

Cons

Implementation team was terrible. Kronos outsources to a third party. Communication was horrible, very little explanation behind what goes into setting up the system. Our system is now filled with a ton of mess ups that were not able to be deleted due to miscommunication or simply not understanding what the other was saying. It was a horrible experience. For that reason I would urge people to look into a different product.

First HR system

Pros

We are a 300+ employee business and were working with just an access database. The implementation process was so easy and customized for us. I like how much I can customize reports for my business needs.

Cons

It can be a bit clunky for the end user. Also, wish there was more consistency across all parts of the software. For example, I'd like to be able to pull a tag in from an employee record for different types of reports, sometimes something will be available under benefits but not under employee information even thought it relates to the employee.

KRONOS in K-12 Education

Pros

The KRONOS community and the KRONOS implementation team are very helpful in troubleshooting many of the issues that we have, as well as provide insight to how we can use the system better. Always timely in their responses and detailed.

Cons

KRONOS interfaces are not as user friendly as I could imagine. Our district uses an independently developed payroll system which causes some difficulties. Not to any fault of KRONOS, but I believe if we used a mainstream payroll system, we would have seamless operation. K12 education is a perfect storm on its own.

Kronos WorkForce Ready

Pros

Software is powerful and customizable. I like the timesheets, recruitment and hr piece of the software.

Cons

Some features could use improvements such as performance reviews and workflows. I also feel like your documentation could use some work. I tend not to find the documentation useful.

Hi Heather, Thank you for your review of Workforce Ready - it’s great to hear that you are finding the HR features useful! I will make sure to pass along your suggestions regarding documentation to the Product team, this is very valuable feedback. In the meantime, the Kronos Community can also be an additional source for documentation. Thanks Amy Fafard

A well rounded product that is always improving

Pros

The software offers many modules that cover all areas of payroll and human resources. It also is easy to train staff how to use it.

Cons

Some reports and set up areas can be difficult to navigate. It can also be difficult to find information or training on how to set up certain things.

Hi Kelli, Thank you so much for providing your feedback! It is great to hear that Workforce Ready is helping you with payroll and human resources efforts. Please feel free to reach out to me at amy.fafard@kronos.com if you would like assistance with training – we have a number of webinars and other resources that you might find useful! Thanks, Amy Fafard

Kronos Mileage and Time Log

Overall I would recommend Kronos to larger organizations and companies. It seems to be an esay way to log and submit hours, especially when you have staff that work remotely or in several states.

Pros

The Kronos' app is great when you are on the go all the time and need to track hours in real time. I worked as a social worker and was never in the office. I used the Kronos app all the time for my time sheet, which was a huge help since my hours were always different and emergency visits would emerge all the time. The app was easy to navigate and worked with Android & iphones.

Cons

One con is the time off feature. It was a little confusing to navigate and understand how the day vs. date function works. This was something all staff had to reach out to a supervisor for when going to request time off to make sure we were accurately taking the right amount of time off and not adding in extra days.

HR Software will meet but not exceed your needs

Pros

Kronos does the job in terms of managing our over 3000 employees. We had to integrate with Taleo for onboarding to fit our needs, and also a custom solution for an LMS. In terms of managing the employees data and handling timeclocks / timekeeping / payrolls, it does the job efficiently.

Cons

Too many customization options leads to a longer turn on process once you select their software. We've had their software for years and are still working on getting scheduler put in place. Do not self host this software, you will run into problems!

Basic time tracking software

Kronos tracks and displays all necessary information that employees would need to take care of daily timekeeping functions. The systems clearly and simply displays the clock in/clock out functions.

Pros

It is simple to clock in and out every day. Upon logging in, you are taken to the main page where you can punch in and out. That makes it easy and quick to do this task.

Cons

It is hard to view certain information and reports. For example, you have to "view reports" in order to tell how much remaining time off hours you have. The system has a very roundabout way to view this information.

Experience with WFR

Pros

The feature I appreciate the most is the ability to request time-off via the timeclock which has streamlined the process for us in addition to eliminating unnecessary paperwork.

Cons

Reporting capabilities I find very cumbersome. The timesheet view is also very busy and I actually miss timekeeper central in that respect.

Hi Mayra, It is great to hear that you were able to streamline processes and make work a little easier with Workforce Ready! If you would like some assistance with reporting, please reach out to me at amy.fafard@kronos.com and we will do what we can to help. Thanks for the review, Amy Fafard

I cannot recommend Kronos Workforce Ready to anyone

Pros

I can't think of any attribute of the Workforce Ready product that I particularly like. My experience with Kronos is that they produce good time and attendance software, but I personally have not seen any evidence that they have any expertise producing HRIS software.

Cons

The Kronos Workforce Ready product reminds me of an old fashioned data processing program from 20 years ago. It is not at all user friendly or intuitive. I have used it daily for one year and still am frequently puzzled by the way it is organized (or disorganized). I spend significant time searching for the information I want. Incredibly, the turnover calculation function has not worked correctly...

Thank you for your review – I understand you have connected with your sales representative and we are actively working to resolve the issues that you shared with us. While we were disappointed to read about your experience we appreciate your honest feedback and look forward to resolving your issues. All the best, Holly Bouffard Workforce Ready Community Manager

Easy Payroll Processing

I wish that the tax report preparation was right in Kronos instead of BSI. It would be great if Kronos prepared the 941s and state tax forms each quarter.

Pros

I like the ease of payroll preparation and the interface between time & attendance, HR, and payroll. Once timesheets are approved and any employee maintenance is done, payroll is prepared with only a few keystrokes.

Cons

I like the reports, but sometimes there are important missing fields, such as Gross Wages YTD and a complicated formula must be done to get the value you want. But overall they are good reports.

Great time keeping software

Pros

What I love most about Kronos is the ability to edit clock-in and out and also the mobile app. For me, when I am away from the office, training other departments or at a conference and I need to approve time sheets or approve leave, I don't have to worry about getting to a computer to do it. I can just use the mobile app.

Cons

What I like least was the use of Java. It slowed the software down and made it harder to use at times. We just received an update a few weeks ago that took Java script away and now it functions perfectly.