UKG Ready Reviews - Page 6

Absolutely LOVE Kronos

Pros

It's awesome! Super user friendly and simple. can be very customizable to your company. The comp I worked for before this had Kronos and it looked and worked differently than the company I am at now, which shows how customizable it is. Great time and attendance program that can be made exactly how you need it based off your companies needs

Cons

It has gone down a couple times now on the day supervisors need to approve timecards which was very inconvenient but they do keep you updated the whole time on when they are fixing it

Great product

I would highly recommend the product, payroll and scheduling have become a breeze since implementing.

Pros

Very user friendly, robust, and works great for having several offices across the country being on one system.

Cons

Sometimes service requests take extra long to get back when it's a complicated issue. FMLA tracking is quite expensive.

Hi Jesse, Thank you for the great review – we’re so happy to hear that you are satisfied with Workforce Ready! Service response times are something we track very closely and are always striving to improve, so hopefully you will be seeing some positive change. Thanks again for your feedback, Amy Fafard

Initial learning was a little challenging, but I would not choose to go back to what we had before.

Just that, after using the product for 4 years, and getting use to all of the functions, I really enjoy working in it.

Pros

Details of timecards, ease of payroll processing, report writing functions. I like having the weekly timecard view on the detail page and being able to paste notes into the timesheets.

Cons

Not have the 941 and W2 state files within the system. We had WFC and were use to having these features and used the 941 for balancing on a regular basis. Having to upload to BSI is an extra step and not as convenient as having it built in WFR.

A whole new world

We recently transitioned from a finance-based database to Kronos for the timekeeping and HR reporting features. As a multi-EIN company, we needed all of our data under one "roof", and Kronos WFR has provided just that. We quickly realized the benefits of this robust system and decided to not only adopt TLM and HR, but Recruiting, Benefits, Payroll, Compensation, Accruals, and some of the Marketplace add-on features. This software will enable us to streamline processes and share a single platform across dozens of locations in different states.

Pros

Customization, Reporting, Employee Self-Service, time saving, process streamlining.

Cons

Some challenges with integrating with external payroll platform (Great Plains). Resolved by purchasing the WFR Payroll module, which proved much more flexible and time saving for our payroll department.

Need a way to track employee time?

I have to use Kronos daily to enter PTO or vacation time for employees. While there may be a better option, I think it works fine for what our organization needs it for.

Pros

I can easily go in to edit employee time, enter PTO, vacation and more! It's not terribly hard to learn or pick up on. There is also training available.

Cons

Kronos, while working like a champ, is not visually the greatest. The blue and gray schemes get old very quickly. Also, it is pretty slow for software. Perhaps it is due to the sheer number of our employees, but it could be faster in my opinion.

Kronos Workforce

I like that it's cloud base and I can check my schedule and paycheck from anywhere as long as I have my phone or computer near me. Great scheduling and payroll software!

Pros

I like how user friendly this software is and how easy it was to learn. I am able to view my schedule, hours worked and my paychecks from anywhere. I work part time so i like that I can log in and check my schedule at anytime. I can also log in to see my paycheck for that week and not have to wait on my check stub anymore.

Cons

I personally have not had any issues with Kronos.

Easy to use. Difficult to configure.

Pros

We have to give users little instruction to use it. They have no problems. The administration is easy for the administrative users.

Cons

Some of the technical configuration is difficult. It is hard to achieve some of our requirements through the existing configuration. As a result, we have to built custom applications in our HR systems to accommodate this.

Hi Marty, Thank you for your review, it is always great to hear that our users are finding the system intuitive! Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you would like to further discuss some of the issues you are having – I can be reached at amy.fafard@kronos.com. The Ideas section of the Kronos Community is also a great place to share suggestions for future functionality and improvements! Thanks again, Amy Fafard

Kronos has been a good change for our company.

Overall we are happy with our choice.

Pros

We like that it is a complete solution software, you do not have to have different vendors to complete tasks.

Cons

We were disappointed with the performance management and compensation modules. It can not conform or be customized to our way of business. Would like to see more reporting capabilities. Sometimes the turn around time on open cases is slow.

Eileen, It is great to hear that Kronos has been beneficial for your company and that you are happy with your choice! We are constantly updating the Performance Management and Compensation modules, and we would welcome your feedback on how to make them more suitable for your needs – please reach out to me at amy.fafard@kronos.com so we can discuss further. Thanks for the review, Amy Fafard

Brilliant modern, mobile-friendly tool to manage my part-time job

It is one of the best central systems for managing employee & personal information out there. I would strongly encourage organizations to use this when tracking information, training, etc. for employees.

Pros

The mobile-friendly ability is one of the best time management tools I have experienced in the health & wellness industry. I appreciate how my company has migrated many of the other tools we use into this platform; including communication, personal information updates, tech support issues, security issues, upcoming training, online training, seminars, etc. I really appreciate how modern the tools are. I would expect nothing but the best working at Lifetime Fitness.

Cons

I have had a few issues when I am locked out of my account. The process to unlock my account takes too much time to log back in. At least I know that my information will not be stolen through Kronos Workforce Ready.

Kronos has simplified my day to day work, reduced the time required and reduced reporting errors from day one.

I really like Kronos, I would say it is my favorite operating system I have used so far.

Pros

The all in one aspect of Kronos is my favorite thing, it's all in one package. Having the ability to generate endless reports is so very helpful.

Cons

I wish that when running reports you didn't have to expand the search query almost every time. The max may run from 50 to 200 but the original return shows the minimum, say from 10 to 20. I end up expanding almost every report I run. I would like it if they just opened with the max. I think it would save time.

Kronos for employee Pay roll

Pros

This software is not for the smaller type businesses. It pairs well with large organizations that have multiple aspects they research for their business. Such as daily reports on over time, bereavement, holiday pay etc. Can be a good tool to manage breaks and early ins and out. Can create a pattern of schedules for those employees whose schedules don't change.

Cons

There's not too much negative other than it's a large system and there are so many components to it, that training must be an on going aspect for management to take in order to continue being successful using the system. I've been using it for over a year and am still finding new features.

great system

Pros

I like the features and the reports that can be run it's detail to certain info that in my position I feel is important.

Cons

Navigation was bit trying at first but once becoming oriented with the software, it comes with ease ,

Hello Sherrie, Thank you for your review of Workforce Ready! We are glad to hear of your success in using the reporting features! Also, we appreciate your thoughts regarding navigation of the products, and will be sure to notify our engineering and product teams. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at Jessica.bilafer@kronos.com. Thank you! Jesse

Kronos workforce review

Great workforce management tool. Configurable and easy to use for management level.

Pros

Easy to use for members and easy to configure when it comes to logging in and out during work shifts. Leave applications are available and visible for members as well. Total work hours displayed and members can summarize their total workhours in certain pay periods. Google for work integration is a great add on as well.

Cons

Too many features available for members to use which might result onmebers getting confused on what to do.

best value, easy to use platform

implementation was structured, felt comfortable going "live", any tweaks needed after go live are easily and promptly handled by support.

Pros

reporting capabilities, payroll functionality, easy to use time clocks, communication from support if latency or issues arrise, Kronos Community is easy to use and most often I find the answers to my questions there without having to create a case.

Cons

some limitations in FTE reporting, added leave reporting and ACA module after inital purchase--smaller modules seem not as supported or functional.

Great Product, Still waiting for some enhancements

We switched from Workforce Central to Workforce Ready a few years ago. Mainly because we wanted our employees to use there Mobile devices for Employee Self Service with schedules and verification of times. Moving our time keeping to the cloud made sense so that we internally did not have to focus a lot of attention on hosting and securing the Kronos platform with Employees trying to connect from the outside. Overall, Workforce Ready is a great product, but still does not have all the functionality of Workforce Central. However, I know they are working on getting there.

Pros

Cloud based, Ease of Use

Cons

Does not have all the functionality of Workforce Central

An Expensive Letdown

Honestly, just go with ADP and pay more. At least they will be able to help you more with compliance. Kronos was such a letdown and the system looks so antiquated.

Pros

Kronos has some good report features and a lot of the onboarding documentation is easy to collect. You do have the benefit of being with a larger company so they have more customer service people, too, and they have people who specialize in certain areas to give you better help.

Cons

Oh, there are too many to count: - Their compliance features pale in comparison to ADP. They will say they can comply with all state-mandated sick-leave laws, but it requires so much manual work on the backend that you kind of wish you could just do it elsewhere. A huge pain if you operate in many states. - Their "customized fields" that they tell you about in an RFP just don't exist. Anything you...

A must-have for companies

Overall, I still recommend it for employees and employers of big companies. It is secure and saves all important tax documents. Entering timesheets is a breeze. It is very user friendly and reliable.

Pros

The UKG ready is easy to use and I use it weekly on both my phone and computer. It helps me enter timesheets within minutes. Payroll tracking and tax information is essential. All the company benefits are listed in a central place. I can track my leave and vacation hours. It is also convenient that all company messages are delivered in UKG.

Cons

After entering timesheets and saving them, I am unable to edit further before submitting it. The company then has to re-open the timesheet for editing. Another inconvenience is the lack of fingerprint login feature on phones. I also found it inconvenient that the website password has to be changed every 60 days.

Great Service, Great Product!

Pros

I would highly recommend this product. There are a lot of HR systems to choose from but this is one of the easiest I have used. Everyone I have interacted with at Kronos has been very helpful and very friendly! I love the consolidation of information in this program. Everything that you need to know about an employee is in one spot. This was quite the change for our company - we used to have information in various places. Now, by logging into Kronos, I can easily find everything I need. I also enjoy the easy-to-use and easy-to-understand HELP feature.

Cons

Hello Nathan, Thank you for taking the time to review Workforce Ready. We are glad to hear your positive thoughts on the user experience, and that the help feature has been effective. If you have any additional thoughts feel free to reach out to me at Jessica.bilafer@kronos.com. Thanks again! Jesse

Overall a positive experience

Pros

I like the ability to pull almost any data we need on my own. There has been only a couple of instances where we have had to ask Kronos to write a custom report for us and I'm sure with some further training we might be able to do those on our own in the future. The other great experience is the people - just about everyone we've worked with is amazing, from the implementation teams to the technical support staff.

Cons

The customization during implementation was very involved, which I guess can be a pro or a con. There have also been several instances where the system was down for almost a full day. This is completely unacceptable.

Many features and extremely user friendly

Pros

I think Kronos WFR is extremely user friendly. You're able to use the menu or use the search bar to find the area you need to get to. Also, updating configuration is straight forward, you have options and they make it easy to make a choice and make changes. The on screen reporting is easy to use, easy to share and easy to download as well.

Cons

I wish there was a smoother process to transfer employees between different EIN's. It makes sense that you have to term the EE under the old EIN and rehire in the new EIN but as a whole the EE shows on reports twice and makes it look like the termed and then came back. It's just not cohesive.

Everything you need to manage your HR and Payroll needs

Overall, very positive. There is a very powerful resource, but has a steep learning curve.

Pros

It's extremely customizable and has everything you need to manage your company, from HR document management, Payroll, and Time and Attendance. The customer support is great, if there is ever an issue, the Kronos staff is extremely easy to work with in finding a resolution.

Cons

There is quite a bit to learn. I've been using the software for over 3 years and I still don't know half of the ins and outs of the program.

Switching from Workforce Central to Workforce Ready

Pros

Implementation so that more supervisors and managers can work within it. We started entering employees' schedules and it's been a useful tool. The reporting capability is more user-friendly and we have enjoyed using it. It's been a favorable experience.

Cons

It won't do some things that Workforce Central did. Some supervisors had considerable trouble adjusting to the new system. Initial implementation was quite a lengthy process with what seemed like excessive phone conferences and some miscommunications.

Hello Sharon, Congratulations on making the switch from Workforce Central to Workforce Ready! We are thrilled to hear that you are finding it easy to use. Please feel free to reach out to me at amy.fafard@kronos.com if you would like any assistance with understanding the product – we have any number of webinars and other resources that you might find useful! Thanks, Amy

Best timekeeping software

Overall its easier to document and time keep a persons work time using this software.

Pros

We recently shifted to kronos from excel timekeeping. This has made life so much easier. Now we don't need to submit time sheets. It is also easy to apply for leave through this software and the scheduler functionality of the Kronos makes it much easier to punch in and out.

Cons

The user interface of this software is not intuitive. It is difficult to understand. The mobile application is easier to use than the web application. It would be amazing if the UI of the web application matches that of the mobile application it would be an amazing application for timekeeping.

Kronos works for your basic payroll needs.

Pros

pretty simple to use, customer service experiences have been good, reports are easy to build and I like that you can send reports out to other users.

Cons

the site is a little jumpy, when you move from the summary tab to the timesheet tab, it goes directly to the bottom of the page so you have to go back to the top every time.

Hello Miranda, Thank you for taking the time to review Workforce Ready! We are thrilled to hear that you are taking advantage of the reporting capabilities in the product! If you continue to experience screen issues with the timesheet tab, reach out to me at amy.fafard@kronos.com to see if I can be of assistance. Also, the Kronos Community and Support are great resources for information. Thank you, Amy Fafard

Kronos Workforce Central

Kronos Workforce provides reliable timekeeping, scheduling and time off products including biometric scanners for the time clocks.

Pros

Kronos is a trusted and reliable vendor with a trusted product - you know what you are going to get from a Kronos product. Kronos has met our needs when it comes to a timekeeping software.

Cons

Kronos software (and maintenance and modifications) tend to be on the higher side when it comes to cost, but you do get what you pay for with the product and any customizations needed.