Workpop Reviews

Workpop Reviews

Workpop

Online job marketplace & hiring platform

4.85/5 (26 reviews)
1,704

David Mangold

Great value for your money

14/07/2017

Pros

The software is easy-to-use and makes it simple to source candidates, decline or favorite applications, set up interviews, and even handle all the onboarding and HR paperwork electronically on Workpop Dash so we don't have to do everything on paper anymore. It's greatly simplified our hiring and HR process and saved us tons of wasted time when dealing with employee turnover. They also have a transparent and tiered pricing system so that you know what you pay every month and you can always pay more for additional exposure when you need it and without having to post on multiple sites yourself and track applications across platforms. Plus, by having everything go through Workpop, it integrates easily into their HR system and our payroll system. Finally, they have a mobile app that allows me keep track of my candidates in real-time so that candidates don't have to wait for a quick/simple response like a confirmation. Their customer support is also top-notch.

Cons

The software is still developing so occasionally there are changes to the interface and certain functionality moves around or changes. For the most part, they are good at letting us know about changes ahead of time and the updates are generally to make improvements or add functionality. The other issue we've noticed is that it is somewhat confusing having multiple hiring managers manage applications. Conversations thread and application updates are not always clear to everyone.

Alice Liu

I love work pop it is a game changer for managing hiring and HR paperwork.

14/07/2017

Much easy to organize and manage new hire process and employee's file. I also love how simple the resume is when I print out using work pop format. It works!

Pros

Browsing candidates resume and availability and instant message function. I also love the digital storage for all the HR documents.

Cons

Sometimes the upload document function would froze up so I had to try multiple times to load a HR document to employees profile

Madelyn  Alfano

the team at work pop are professional friendly and knowledgeable.

14/07/2017

you only need to post in ONE PLACE it is a site that young energetic staff look for work and that is a big plus!

Pros

easy to use. easy to post and respond and they reach a broad spectrum of people looking for work in our industry across the many platforms

Cons

some of the modules tend to be pricey for a company of 450 employees. I realize that they have to be price fair to all small and large clients (which is a good business practice )but I wish there was a discounted module for larger restaurants.

Yoya  Takahashi

Workpop is simple, easy to use, and is well polished . It makes finding candidates a breeze.

14/07/2017

Make hiring so much easier and it so stream lined. It's truly amazing and easy to use.

Pros

They have a large pool of candidates and they have found me many great employees. I love being able to post on one site and have the option to have it post on multiple job boards for difficult positions to fill. They have streamed line the hiring process for us which is one less thing I have to worry about. It's so user friendly and intuitive that any one can use it right away.

Melissa Singer

Great experience with workpop overall!

14/07/2017

Candidates for positions that are consistently good and abundant.

Pros

The software is easy to navigate, there are pictures of candidates, the number of applicants we get is impressive, the quality of the candidates is consistently good, and the company has great customer service.

Cons

Not all candidate applications are fully complete and some don't have pdfs or other downloadable resumes attached.

Jessica  Sorgini

Workpop has been a fantastic help in sourcing high quality candidates.

14/07/2017

Pros

Easy to use, great sourcing tools, easy to find and hire someone fast. Before using Workpop, we were wasting time posting on tons of job boards and we didn't get the volume of candidates that we needed. After Workpop, we never had to worry about sourcing again. And Workpop makes looking at applications much easier. I like how you can filter applicants by distance and shift availability.

Don Camacho

Have been able to hire much more quickly and posting jobs on all boars easier and can review apps

13/07/2017

Pros

Ease of use, lots of great candidates, ease of communicating w/candidates quickly since they get a text message and email notification

Mike Frampton

Just completed a two month trial and so far everything is work as advertised.

13/07/2017

Time and money savings in recruitment and on-boarding.

Pros

It covers the whole personnel process. From job search, applicant selections, on boarding to employee management.

Cons

No real cons, but have put requests in for enhancements that with help manage employee documents and communication.

Judy Mowatt

Very easy to use and offers more than just a job posting board

13/07/2017

Hired a qualified candidate.

Pros

Includes pictures of candidates. You can post multiple jobs for one month. In the dashboard you can organize and tag your favorite candidates, tag the ones you declined, and tag the ones you interviewed and post your non-public comments. Customer service is prompt.

Cons

The cost is a bit high for a small business who may have only one job to post and they auto-bill you every month on your credit card. You have to remember to contact them to cancel before they auto-bill.

Shawn Walchef

Workpop transformed the time spent managing HR for our restaurant group!

13/07/2017

TIME. Quality Candidates who have to set up a profile of valuable information for our pre-screening process. Ease of use to update HR Docs for all current staff.

Pros

We love the ease of use for not only our executives but for our managers in the trenches. We also love the ability to find qualified candidates and not have to rely on Craigslist. Workpop allows us to have a streamlined efficient digital process for all thing HR.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review, Shawn! We're glad to hear you've found Workpop to be so easy to use and you've found our support team to be responsive and helpful. We're thrilled to be working with you!

Hailley Field

Easy way to review a high volume of applicants!

13/07/2017

Candidates that were only interested in our position, location, and salary range.

Pros

I love the interface and how easy it is to sort and review candidates. I also like how you can see the relevant details including current contact information for each applicant. I also like how the salary is specified so that the applicants have that information upfront and don't waste their time.

Cons

It seems as though the way the job postings are put into the world is a little secretive. I was never quite sure what we were paying for or what the sparks/features were actually doing. This may have been because I did not handle billing on our account but it really isn't clear.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review, Hailley. We're glad to hear that you like how easy it is to use the Workpop platform. Regarding sourcing, we use artificial intelligence to select the ideal combination of job boards for your budget to maximize qualified applications -- based on your job title, industry, geography, and many other relevant signals. Then we monitor and adjust bids for you, using real-time traffic and application data, so you get the best possible return on your sourcing investment. Since things are always changing, you don't always see which job boards your post is on at a given time, but we know we are maximizing your budget to get you the best possible ROI.

Krista Roberts

Workpop has a user friendly layout, making it really easy to navigate and recruit effectively.

12/07/2017

Pros

I like the user friendly layout. I'm able to look through lots of candidates quickly. I also like being able to mass message candidates.

Cons

I wish there was a button that could mark a candidate as "reviewed." Additionally, I still have trouble recruiting people from high income areas.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Hi Krista, thanks for writing a review about Workpop. We're glad to hear that you've found our platform to be user friendly, and our messaging tools especially valuable.

Right now, there are default buttons to mark candidates as Favorites, Declined or Hired. For those that you have reviewed that you have decided not to hire, you can put them in the Declined folder which will automatically send them a message letting them know. Additionally, we're currently building functionality that would allow you to create any folders that you want, so creating a "Reviewed" folder will soon be possible!

Danielle Rowe

Fast and friendly. Everyone at workpop wants to ensure the quality of their product!

12/07/2017

cloud based on boarding system, more efficient correspondence between candidates, fast ATS

Pros

User friendly on both sides; employee and employer. The interface is appealing. The follow up messages that are generated reach candidates through email and text which illuminates the possibility of someone missing a notification.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review, Danielle. We're glad to hear that you've had a great experience with Workpop, especially with our powerful messaging platform that integrates with SMS and email.

We're always working on new features, and we're glad to hear that you're looking forward to using them.

Peter Swanson

Received a number of good candidates

07/07/2017

Found some good candidates

Pros

Ease of loading a job description Ease of reviewing description. Notifications of new applicants. Happy with the candidates. Most actually had many of the necessary qualifications

Cons

The cost of the service given I was looking to hire just a single minimum wage employee. Some trouble getting billing charge card in account but Customer Service helped me resolve it.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review, Peter. We're glad to hear that you've had a great experience getting qualified candidates.

Regarding cost, our subscription is month-to-month, so the good thing is that you only need to pay when you need to hire, and you can pause your subscription when you don't. We're glad to hear that our customer support team was able to resolve your billing issue.

Thanks for using Workpop!

Karl Bunker

We used Workpop to hire an Exec. Dir. for our non-profit. It provided great features and support.

06/07/2017

Broad distribution of our job opening and excellent tools for communicating with applicants.

Pros

Workpop's best feature is that, after submitting your job opening, the opening is sent out to multiple other hiring sites to expand visibility of your opening. We received significantly more applicants than we anticipated and had an excellent pool of qualified people. The software is also designed to provide all the information about an applicant needed by a hiring organization. You also have the benefit of being able to communicate with applicants entirely within the software if desired so you only have to give out additional contact information to the candidates you want to.

Cons

The cost to post a single job opening was more than we had expected to pay. As a small non-profit the regular fee was all we could afford so we weren't able to use some of the advanced advertising features.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review. We're glad you've enjoyed our automated sourcing capabilities and found great quality candidates through the platform.

Although we do charge to use the platform, you may pause or cancel your Hiring Essentials subscription anytime, so you can pay only when you need to hire, and pay nothing when you don't.

Erica Ventura

Workpop was an excellent tool for finding the right candidates for my up and coming boutique.

06/07/2017

Pros

All of the tools that are available for the hiring process are perfect for a start up or a corporate structured company. I love that there was an app I could easily access anywhere, anytime.

Cons

I do not love that there is not a place to keep notes on candidates privately (that I saw). Also, I wish there was a separate place to put candidates that we had interviews with.

Frequency of use: Other

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review. We're glad you're enjoying our hiring tools. We do offer the ability for hiring managers to leave notes and ratings on applications in order to better align on feedback across the hiring managers, but they are purposely not private only to the person leaving them, so that the other collaborators can see them and respond.

As for your request to add in a separate stage for interviews, we are working on a revamp of our process that would allow all hiring managers to customize the stages of the hiring process, so you will soon be able to place interviewed applicants in a separate folder. Stay tuned!

Billy Weander

very simple to use and well laid out.

30/06/2017

I have been able to easily hire some really good candidates.

Pros

I like being able to message the client right away. I also like that it alerts my email when ever i have a new applicant.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear that you've had a great experience with Workpop, especially with our unique messaging platform that gets candidates to respond right away.

Deirdre Richards

I appreciate the details you're able to provide so it isn't just an anonymous resume

29/06/2017

A few new employees

Pros

That we can see a picture, a cover letter if they have one, we can message them directly, overall it's great software.

Frequency of use: Other

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear that you've had a great experience using Workpop!

Tim  Hughes

Love the ease of the Workpop software and highly recommend it!

28/06/2017

All pertinent information on all applicants. Our company has hired two dynamic applicants via Workpop!

Pros

The Workpop software is extremely reliable and very easy to navigate. The information the software provides is all encompassing on every candidate no matter how little (sad face) or how much (happy face).

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear that you have had such a great experience with Workpop.

Robert Bereny

Easy and customer friendly platform and reasonable quality leads

Able to find staff.

Pros

It is easy to use the software, I am able to track candidates, can easily repost a job posting. Overall the site has a good design.

Cons

There is no (or at least I am not aware) secondary access possibility for my manager, and I as an owner does not want to share login IDs.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review! We're glad to know that you've had a great experience with the platform.

Actually we have always had the ability for users to collaborate with colleagues by inviting them (using their separate email address) to share access to individual jobs (and applicants for those jobs). And in the next week or two, we are going to be rolling out a more robust location-based permissions system that allows you to grant differing levels of access to your employees at one or more locations. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to reach out to support@workpop.com.

Katy Zanville

I get great candidates from workpop. Better than any other candidate database without a doubt!

Great candidates

Pros

I like the way we can sort through applicants and have multiple users on each account. I also like how we can star and reject candidates easily.

Cons

It's difficult to renew a job posting. I wish it was a one or two step process versus the lengthy it is now. I also find the bonuses (extra charge) difficult to navigate.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review. We're glad to hear that you've gotten great candidates via Workpop. In response to your concern about "renewing" a job, actually, it's very easy to re-publish a job on Workpop. All you need to do is turn a previously published job back on with just one click, from your My Jobs page. You can also duplicate a job, and modify it from there if it's similar to a previous job. If you have any trouble, feel free to contact us at support@workpop.com.

yu zhang

Good

28/06/2017

Pros

It will be showed the candidates' photo. We can see the candidates' available time easily. and also we can communicate with them.

Cons

The payment just for monthly not for daily, and we can't cancel by our-self, but the service is good.

Frequency of use: Monthly

8/10
Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear that you've appreciated being able to see candidates' profile photos and shift availability, and that you've enjoyed our messaging system, which seamlessly syncs with SMS and email to notify candidates about new messages so they can respond right away. We do only offer monthly subscriptions, but you can pause or cancel your subscription anytime, which you can easily do by emailing support@workpop.com. We're also adding in-product cancel and pause buttons very soon to make doing that easier.

Michael  Thauer

Workpop has made looking for new hires as well on the on boarding so much easier!

28/06/2017

All electronically done paperwork. All employee files paperless and in one location. Great customer support. Good candidates found for hiring.

Pros

I love that all our paperwork is now electronic and that all employee files are kept neatly stored here as well.

Cons

Not much! It's been a pleasure to work with. There are sometimes a few glitches and the customer service has been very good about getting them fixed!

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear that you have had a great experience on the platform, and that our customer support team has been prompt and helpful in responding to any issues you've encountered.

Pedro  Mendez

Wonderful to work with - makes the process of reviewing candidates nice and easy

28/06/2017

Able to review and find candidates fairly easily. The job posting capabilities are extremely easy to use.

Pros

Very easy to post jobs, extremely simple to review candidate profiles and resumes. Makes contact with potential candidates fast and easy via their messaging.

Cons

There is no resume search on the site, and it would be extremely helpful if this feature could be added to the site to make it a one-stop shop for candidates.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Thanks for your review! We're glad to hear that you've had a great experience with Workpop. Regarding your request for resume search, you can currently search within the resumes you have received from applicants for your jobs. Our product team is always working on making sure our candidate network is as valuable as possible to our customers, and is considering for the future resume search of candidates who have not yet applied to your jobs.

Chris De Camp

So far I am impressed!

12/08/2015

The simple fact that made my job post even better by adding multiple pictures really blew me away. I never take the time to write reviews, but tip of the cap to you Workpop, you earned it.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Workpop

Thanks Chris! Glad to have you on Workpop and excited that you enjoy the process so far. Thanks for taking the time to review us and good luck with your job postings!