WorkStory Logo

WorkStory

Save hours by automating your employee performance reviews.

WorkStory Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.93/10

Reviews by rating

This way we can appreciate every employees best efforts, recognize them, is give constructive feedback on areas that could be improved. All working toward the greater good.
I like the tool, its very easy to use and invites to give feedback that you hadn't thought about, and its the kind of feedback that will improve the result as a whole, more than individually.
It's a very good value, the customer service is terrific and it really helps simplify and streamline the evaluation process.
Still having trouble incentivizing people to leave accurate ratings and reviews on people and to do it consistently. Many of them just give 5 stars and the same comment for everyone.
It asks me frequently for feedback on co workers i have had no experience working with, and it also asks me questions that are worded in confusing ways.
How frequently the software requests us to provide reviews and that some questions are too similar so sometimes it's hard to draft different responses.

Rafael Orlando R.

Great 360 performance review software

WS allows us to provide specific, actionable feedback to our teammates. Managers and their team members are able to have deeper conversations by both working off of the same, objective data provided by the team members' peers.

Pros

Being able to have teammates be consistently reviewed by their peers every week by asking simple, specific questions, has made our ability to have detailed, objective performance reviews with teammates at any given time a key value addition to working on our teams.

Cons

It does not yet have the ability to be customized with company colors. I have requested a couple of custom features (which the WorkStory team is implementing on adding as I type).

Thank you Rafael Orlando for taking the time to provide us with a review! We love that you're taking full advantage of the process - having team members evaluate continuously so that you can provide objective reviews at any time throughout the year. As mentioned, we're continuously working to improve based on feedback like this so that we can provide the best possible experience for our customers.

NS

Neville S.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Great way to remove the hassle out of 360 reviews

I was looking for a 360 review software that 1) doesn't take more than a few seconds, 2) can be done completely within Microsoft Teams, 3) aggregates the data for our users to use/see immediately. Workstory hits on all the points above. Most of the challenging part of using the software is on the backend but they have a team ready to assist with this whenever needed.

Pros

Completing a 360 degree review can be a tedious process, especially if you have a large number of colleagues you work with. Workstory effectively removes the hassle out of the review process by drip feeding the questions one at a time. Being able to complete the questions fully within Microsoft Teams also helps reduce downtime for reviewers as they don't need to navigate into a separate platform to provide their feedback.

Cons

The backend or administrator view isn't great. It's not too intuitive in terms of where I'm supposed to go to view certain information. Adding/removing/modifying questions for multiple users can also be a bit of a hassle if I want to do it myself. Thank fully they've got an incredibly responsive team that helps with this process.

Thank you Neville for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful and detailed review! We are thrilled to hear that Workstory has been an effective and convenient way for you to manage 360 reviews. Removing the hassle from the process is exactly what we aim for. We appreciate you highlighting the areas for improvement in the administrator backend and modification of questions. Your feedback is invaluable...

Md

Marius d.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Workstory Work in Progrss

Pros

Getting some positive transparency feedback.

Cons

The idea that it can be used to measure your performance.

KS

Karinna S.

New Users in an Organization

Pros

I like the real-time, immediate feedback.

Cons

If you are new to an organization, you are not going to have any reviews. And there could be more suggestions and recommendations about how to give objective and comprehensive feedback.

Hey Karinna, thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We're happy to hear that the real-time feedback collection is proving beneficial! Your point about feedback education is quite important. We try to supplement the organization's own internal training and direction by offering materials via our onboarding processes. It's helpful to hear your thoughts so that we can find other ways of continuously reinforcing positive feedback practices elsewhere throughout the process. Please feel free to reach out with any follow up questions as you continue to use the WorkStory platform!

LD

Louis D.

Construction, 11-50 employees

My Workstory Experience

Pros

The features I like the most are that you don't need to monitor your account, the app prompts you when your feedback is needed. I also enjoy the ease of use and dashboard navigation.

Cons

The only con I have is the randomness of the questions. I think that if you had the option to choose which categories you would receive questions from it would be helpful and minimize the amount of "I don't know" answers you would receive.

Louis, thank you for taking the time to provide your review! We're glad to hear that the ongoing feedback system allows you to provide valuable information for your team members in a way thats quick and easy while also giving you a way to see your own feedback. As for the questions - we certainly understand. Those are informed by the roles and questions set for your fellow team members. If you feel that some of the questions do not apply, please inform your team's administrator and they can easily swap or remove the questions that don't apply. Let us know if you have any questions and thanks again!

PB

Paul B.

Construction, 11-50 employees

We like what we're seeing so far

So far its been very good. I would recommend to other small businesses.

Pros

WorkStory allows you to collect reviews of multiple employees over a longer period of time so that you're not cramming during review time.

Cons

The dashboard can be slightly clunky and I don't understand how to use the reporting feature.

Hey Paul, happy to hear that you're enjoying the experience so far. Appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. You hit the nail on the head with regard to the process - making reviewing an ongoing experience so that formal performance reviews are quick and easier to put together...all while your fellow team members benefit from having continuous feedback throughout the year. As for the dashboards and reporting, we have some great FAQs that include walkthrough videos which might be helpful: https://home.workstory.team/faq/creating-a-report Happy to assist directly if needed. Feel free to reach out! Thanks again for the review!

NS

Naomi S.

Textiles, 51-200 employees

Honest review from an employee whose company has been using this

Great! Nothing to really complain about

Pros

I like the kind of questions it asks, the fact that it works with Microsoft Teams, and I especially love the AI generation of summaries - I found mine to be very on point with what my colleagues think of me

Cons

The participation count when it sends me summaries of how much I participated before I can even complete the last few questions

Hey Naomi, thank you for the positive review. We're happy to hear that you enjoy taking advantage of the review process via the Microsoft Teams integration and that the automatically generated performance summary has been helpful! We appreciate your comment about the participation summaries and will incorporate that into future product development discussions. Thanks again and please feel free to reach out with any questions.

LC

Lindsay C.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Very useful in the workplace!

Pros

I love to see feedback from my employees and see where my strengths/weaknesses are!

Cons

Sometimes I’m asked to review people within the company that I don’t know so I can’t give them an accurate review.

Thank you for taking the time to review WorkStory and provide your valuable feedback! We are so glad to hear that you are finding the platform useful, especially for gathering actionable feedback from your team. Being able to understand your strengths and areas for development is crucial for any manager, so it's great that WorkStory enables those insights for you. You raise an excellent point regarding...

SK

Steve K.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Work story feedback

Pros

The surveys are ok. I'm not sure how relevant they are.

Cons

This feels somewhat like we're judging each other and I prefer not to do that.

GG

Gene G.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Gene’s review

Very happy with the product. Easy to use, well designed.

Pros

It gives you chance to complement Your colleagues

Cons

Nothing at all. It works very nicely. I can’t find any faults

NR

Nicholas R.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Review of WorkStory

I think WorkStory is great. Is is very easy to use and there is a lot of application. I think the hardest part is figuring out how do you apply the information that you received. There is a ton of data, and feedback. It can be hard to keep track and really figure out what you can do with all of these insights and ensuring that your managers and others are taking advantage of it. As such if you are using Workstory you for sure need to have someone who is staying up to date with it. Who is thoughtful enough to interpret the feedback, provide insights and to encourage others to use it.

Pros

I have not seen anything on market that does what WorkStory does. There are a lot of feedback programs out there but they take a lot of work and can be very distracting. I like how WorkStory integrates easily into Slack. Reviews can all be done in Slack, so no having to go into another program to do your review. I like how you can schedule reviews on a regular cadence and get prompted to give feedback with specific questions. It is also nice to go into their dashboard as an employee or manager and to see what people having been giving you for feedback. As a manager you can also see how your team is doing as well. The process of doing a review is very simple and really takes someone just a minute or two a week to fill out.

Cons

Workstory is great software. a couple of things that I think could be improved on 1) It can be hard to manage cadence and quantity of reviews. For instance, when a new hire joins the team you need to set them up to ensure that they are getting reviewed and are reviewing others. There is no way that I know of currently that shows you a nice summary of all employees and who they are reviewing and who...

Nicholas, thank you for taking the time to provide such an in-depth review of WorkStory. We appreciate that you like the simplicity of the process and the fact that we take advantage of the Slack integration to help you collect performance data in a quicker way. Taking just a minute or two a week is exactly what we strive for, for our end users. Thank you for describing your thoughts around frequency...

GS

Gabrielle S.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

So much easier than survey-based performance reviews.

We're saving a ton of time and effort with WorkStory. From an operational perspective, my HR department and I don't have to spend hours managing the performance review process anymore - following up with team members to get theirs done. For managers, they can be much more effective in sharing targeted performance opportunities with their team members. For employees, they don't have to worry anymore about filling out forms for each other (we do 360 reviews) twice a year. More importantly, they can see how well they're doing throughout the year and work to improve themselves with the help of the team's feedback.

Pros

WorkStory is so easy to use because it works entirely through our Slack workspace. Our team simply answers one-off review questions as they come in, throughout the week - just as if they were chatting with another team member. Then, based on all of those answers, we can clearly see and share how well team members are performing throughout the year, rather than having to wait for performance reviews to take place.

Cons

I feel like the platform could benefit from having a more robust system for pulse surveys. We're able to take advantage of it now, sending various cultural questions to our team, but it would be nice to craft groups of questions at a time rather than one-by-one.

Thank you Gabrielle for taking the time to submit a review. We sincerely appreciate your willingness to be open and upfront with your experience. We're happy to hear that our platform is saving you and your team considerable time throughout the year with your performance management practices. Your insight on the pulse survey feature is helpful and we'll be sure to review that portion of the experience to see if we can improve the process. Thank you again and we look forward to our continued partnership with your organization!

AB

Armand B.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

WorkStory helps us collect data across the entire review period without relying on our memory

Support has been excellent! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and his team are very responsive and have been open to our suggestions. Very happy with WorkStory!

Pros

We are a Microsoft Teams company and I love that WorkStory integrates seamlessly with Teams. Poll questions come through on a Teams Chat channel and allows users to quickly answer the question in just a couple of minutes.

Cons

I am hoping that we will eventually be able to customize the end of year/period reporting to easily pull in all of the comments for the period along with the summary ratings.

Thanks Armand for the kind words! We're happy to hear that the integration with Microsoft Teams has made it easier for you to collect information and give you a more accurate perspective on employee performance. Reporting is a key aspect of our process - giving you and the employee a quick and clear understanding of the data. We will be sure to keep you updated as updates are made for this specific feature. Glad to hear you're enjoying the platform and our team!

SL

Sean L.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

My favorite tool in our tech stack

The team is fantastic! They respond within 12 hours (most the time sooner) are willing to walk anyone through any part of the process and the value of the tool is tremendous when compared to avoiding the damage you face with letting a bad culture develop and avoiding HR nightmares.

Pros

The ability to track employee performance over time allows me to have a record of key players and more importantly call out those who are not the right fit. Usually it is a struggle to gather enough documentation which further degrades the culture. This allows us to reward the over performers and get the bad eggs out asap.

Cons

Logging in and getting it connected to slack is a few too many steps. We have lots of people who speak Spanish and those who aren’t the best with technology in the restaurant industry. If there were only 1-2 that would be ideal but I understands making things extra simple is even harder. A Spanish translation would be amazing too!

Sean, thank you for your review - "My favorite tool in our tech stack" is a great title! We're happy to hear that our approach helps you to more quickly identify top/bottom performers and take action as necessary to preserve the team culture. We understand the importance of making a quick connection to Slack and are already implementing a new process to accomplish this. As for the language support, we do have some options on that front and will be reaching out to see if we can work with you on a solution. Happy to hear that you're a fan of the team as well! Thanks again.

AM

Andrew M.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Work Story Review

Again, I think it's a wonderful service. I see it being implemented in my work and I know that my managers take the ratings very seriously and account for what is missing in our pre-shifts and focus points each week.

Pros

I love how it connects to Slack effortlessly. This helps as I am typically only on Slack for work and thus can simultaneously submit my daily or weekly WorkStory. The parameters are also extremely clear and easy to use. For my restaurant, we have clear values that we try to uphold as servers, and WorkStory was easily programmed to represent those and rate one another.I like the option of being anonymous as well as it allows upper management to potentially focus on and correct any behavior not up to our standards.

Cons

As a server using the software, I find it extremely easy to use. I know it took a bit to get me set up via Slack, but once I was, it was seamless. I think if it's not connected to an app such as Slack, the emails and constant signing in stopped me from actually giving feedback. Potentially making the sign and review process as seamless on the site/via reminder emails may incentivize other businesses that may or may not have the service connected to a group messenger such as Slack.

Wow Andrew, what a great review, thank you! Very happy to hear that your Slack-centered workflow allows you to take full advantage of WorkStory's continuous evaluation process. Thank you for the feedback regarding the sign in and review process. This is helpful for us to have. Thanks again for being such an active user of the platform and we hope you and your team will continue to benefit from using the service.

IC

Ian C.

Great Platform for Real-Time Insights

Pros

The most likable piece of WorkStory is how it's goal is to allow employees the ability to grow and improve their skills much sooner than a yearly or bi-annual review. With offering real-time feedback and a useful dashboard where you can see your scoring per category, it really gives you both a) validity in your own skills and performance and b) the ability to see what areas are a bit lacking so you can proactively improve your weak areas in a more timely fashion.

Cons

The hidden feedback. I have received a few negative notations over the duration we've tried this platform, and when hiding, it goes to your manager only and, if not received with the review, itself, can allow for negative feelings to harbor and grow and, as a result, decrease moral of either the employee, themselves or a greater being which, in the long run, could hurt the overall purpose of WorkStory and the reason for installation into a company.

Hey Ian, thanks for the fantastic review and thoughtful feedback. We're glad to hear that you find our platform helpful for providing real-time feedback and improving your skills throughout the year. We appreciate your input regarding hidden feedback. Some teams feel like they'd need to provide that extra layer of protection so that team members can be more honest and constructive with their feedback...

SL

Sean L.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

A modern and efficient review practice for companies of all sizes.

Our review process has become much more streamlined thanks to WorkStory. We are able to use a new-aged method with more conventional ways to help better the progress made by those working for our organization.

Pros

Integration was simple and customized to our specific organization. The costs are very reasonable and help fill a role in the review process that can otherwise be time consuming and frustrating. The client relations are excellent. The way in which the software can be tailored to the client is robust and flexible.

Cons

Our main challenge thus far has been with employee engagement, but has slowly improved once familiarity is gained.

Thank you Sean for taking the time to provide a review! Customization is a key factor to the process and we're happy to hear that it has been helpful to you and the team. Similarly, it's nice to see that your team is engaging fully with the streamlined process now that they are more familiar with things. Also, glad to hear that you've had a pleasurable experience with our customer service!

HS

Heather S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Performance Evaluation in Real Time with Real Results

Pros

WorkStory (GetSpeedBack) has been a game changer in improving how our management team is providing constructive feedback to our team members on their skills and abilities. By answering randomized performance questions on a regular basis, we are able to provide support before a skill/knowledge gap becomes a liability and also provide authentic gratitude to those meeting and exceeding expectations, rather than waiting six months to a year to provide formal performance feedback. The software is easy to use, convenient for busy professionals, and was breeze to customize to our needs. Personally, I always dreaded the task of performance evaluations, but with WorkStory I look forward to answering a few questions weekly and using the insights regularly in 1:1 meetings.

Cons

Integrating WorkStory into our business processes was extremely easy. After adjusting some settings, we were able to find a frequency that satisfied our management team.

Hey Heather, thank you for the review! It's good to hear that your team is able to identify and provide support to your team members, more quickly, as a result of the continuous performance management process. You put it best with, "rather than waiting six months to a year to provide formal performance feedback"! That's exactly what we're after. Glad that our frequency settings were able to be customized to fit the needs of your team as well! Appreciate you taking the time.

RM

Roy M.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Revolutionizing Feedback with WorkStory

WorkStory has undoubtedly changed the game in feedback collection and analysis. It's a user-friendly interface and seamless integration with various platforms make it a go-to tool for our businesses It empowered our company to make data-driven decisions for improved employee satisfaction.

Pros

Workstory gave our team the hands-on approach we needed to capture relevant feedback in a more timely manner than yearly reviews

Cons

We ddi not have any issues, once we got everything setup

Thank you Roy for the fantastic review! We're happy to hear that we enabled your team to collect relevant feedback throughout the year while also facilitating data-driven decisions.

NB

Natalie B.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Big Process Improver

Pros

Quick and easy wait to leave and receive feedback. I think this is a huge improvement on our process as a company. Being able to easily leave realtime feedback cuts down on extra information that I need to keep track of.

Cons

The interface can be a little clunky. When a review comes in via email, it is not always clear whether clicking the score will submit the feedback or if it is required to click submit on the window that opens. When in the web application, missed reviews could just show at the top of the screen one at a time without having to open a different page. Would be nice to see some more positive feedback like a colored background on the feedback chart. e.g. scores of 60 or above are green, anything below is orange. To counteract the subconscious assumption that anything that scores below 90/100 needs improvement.

Thank you Natalie for providing your review! Happy to see that our process is an improvement on the standard performance evaluation practice at your company. Really appreciate your detailed feedback on the review steps and dashboard items. We couldn't agree more that visuals, outside of the metrics, are helpful in communicating performance concepts more quickly. We will be sure to bring this into our team's product discussions as we strive for clarity and ease of understanding. Thank you again for taking the time!

DW

Daniel W.

Workstory Product Review from an SEO agency

Once we spent time with the onboarding and the appropriate questions to ask and grouping different departments together to review people who they work with we were able to take a big step towards insightful data. We were able to have actionable data ready for us to give people during their yearly reviews. Peer reviewed feedback goes a long way compared to just the opinion of the boss.

Pros

I liked how it fits into the day to day as a quick question. Doesn't feel as time consuming. I like the options to leave anonymous feedback, you get better insights that way.

Cons

Hey Dan, thanks so much for providing your review! Happy to hear the automated question approach fits in well with your workflow during the day - that's one of our main goals. We also appreciate the information related to the team responses and your insights on spending additional time with them to generate helpful feedback and data - providing more than just the manager's perspective. This is something we're always pushing for and will continue to strive towards with our partners.

Shamir D.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Helpful tool is getting consistent feedback!

Overall it has been a great experience! The team has been very helpful and responsive, including providing recommendations and taking feedback.

Pros

It's great that it is designed specifically to gather ongoing feedback in small snippets.

Cons

At times the use of the tool on the backend is not as intuitive as I would like, making it a little challenging to make changes or to look at the data the way I would like.

Thank you for the review Shamir! We're happy to hear that your overall experience has been great and that the team has been helpful. We love that you're getting what you need out of the ongoing feedback and we'll reach out to make sure you're able to access the data so that you can pull out the most relevant aspects to support your decision-making.

JA

Jordan A.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

The feedback you never knew you needed

Pros

I like this software because its so easy to use and implement into the systems in place already. For example, we use slack at my organization and WorkStory actually can be put as an add-on so whenever you have a review to do they just message you! It's so easy to stay on top of. Not to mention you get to read reviews from your peers on different subject matters. This feedback is critical to either getting better at your job or getting recognition for hard work!

Cons

The only bad thing that I have encountered about this software is when someone new starts it will start asking you to review them, but if they have only been there a day or two there is nothing to review them on!

Hey Jordan, thanks for the great review - love the title! Happy to hear that you've had a beneficial experience receiving feedback from your team and that you're finding the process via Slack to be so helpful. As for the newest team members - if your organization would like to get them started right off the bat but you don't have anything constructive to share, you can use the "I'm not sure" option when reviewing. This doesn't count against you and doesn't leave the new team members with "generic" feedback. Thanks again! Please feel free to contact us with any questions.

TM

Tina M.

Our Story with WorkStory

From the HR seat, this has been a really positive experience from beginning to deployment. I'm still learning, but feel good about the tool and am seeing more buy in to it as time goes on.

Pros

I like that the performance review questions are 'delivered' to the manager via Teams so it couldn't be easier.

Cons

I'm still getting to know all the ins and outs of the software. I'd love if there was a user guide/manual, however any time I have a question, it is responded to within the day with easy directions/feedback.

Thank you Tina for taking the time to provide a review! We're all about trying to make things easier by delivering the reviews as part of your team's workflow - as opposed to making them a big time-suck at different points throughout the year. We'll be sure to pass along our latest guide to using WorkStory. We're continuously updating it and hopefully that can help lead you through different aspects of of the system. So happy to hear that you've had an enjoyable experience with our team as well!

JM

Jacqueline M.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

WorStory is an amazing software for employee performance reviews

sometimes I receive too many review requests in one day

Pros

That it is so easy to leave a review for the partner. I like the settings for the review. Sometimes, the review can be very constructive and you do not feel comfortable about the other person knowing who wrote the review. It's better to keep it anonymous.

Cons

there could be a better variety of questions and more specific.

Hi Jacqueline, thanks for the fantastic review! We're happy to hear that you find the review process to be easy and that you can take part anonymously if you'd like. As for the questions, this is great for us to know. In future, we can work with your team admin to add to the variety of questions and also to make them more specific to your team. Additionally, the frequency of the review requests can be changed - so if you find they're coming in too often, your manager or admin can dial them back as needed. Please feel free to reach out with any questions! Thanks again Jacqueline.