YM Careers

Job board software for associations and publishers

YM Careers Reviews

Pros

The YM Career customer service is superb. They provide us with great marketing templates and help us keep up-to-date on current trends.

Kryste F.

Kelly S.

APTA appreciates the fact that Your Membership's Career Center platform is super easy for our members and employers to use. A good user experience is critical to the success of any platform.

JULIE H.

Brittany P.

We have a hard time pulling out the data we need, although they attempt to provide any KPI you would ever need. This may be an issue of semantics with our lingo and YM's.

Amy S.

I don't really have anything negative to say about YM. In fact, I've recommended YM to another client who is about to sign on.

Earl M.

4.6

Great Platform for Job board or Career Sites

Excellent

Pros

UI design Job Panel Network of job openings feed

Cons

So far I have not experienced anything I would call a con.

Hi Brian, thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that your experience thus far using YM Careers has been a great one, and that you're enjoying the new UI design as well as the Pane View.

Your Membership career center platform

I've worked with my team at YM Careers now for over 15 years. I've been blessed to have the same amazing account management team [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for the entire time, which speaks volumes about YM's ability to retain good talent. They are responsive, smart, hard working, and dedicated to my success as a partner. They understand the challenges I face and work hard to make me look good every day!

Pros

Cons

The YM team clearly researches their customers and spends a great deal of resources keeping their platform top notch. I can't think of anything I don't like.

Hi Julie,thank you for your review! We equally appreciate our relationship with you and your association as loyal partners. Having a user friendly platform that also provides a great user experience will always be one of our main goals and objectives, as well as continuing to do our due diligence in order to remain the most trusted job board provider for associations.

Easy, turn-key career center solution

The professional-looking site has been well-received and successfully driven non-dues revenue for us too!

Pros

YMCareers seamlessly set up (for free) our customized, branded career center very quickly and effectively. They were able to pre-populate our job site with similar positions from other sources. YMCareers was also able to integrate their system with our membership database for a single-sign-on (SSO.)

Cons

Customer service is responsive, but adding new features is a bit more cumbersome and sometimes there were typos and other lack of attention to detail - but the overall experience has been positive.

Hi Eleanor, We are so happy that you and your members are pleased with the career center. And so excited to see your note about driving non-dues revenue for your association! We strive to ensure that our implementation process is seamless, delivering a top-notch product that drives revenue to your organization and helps your members find new opportunities that meet their professional goals. We continuously work to provide the best customer service and will take your feedback to expand our self-service tools and enhance our support. Best, Dawn DiLorenzo Director of Marketing YM Careers

Your Membership Job Board

Pros

Easy to use, good support team and pricing suggestions

Cons

Reporting capabilities need to be enhanced

Hi Shari, thank you for your review! We will continue to work on new updates, features, and capabilities to provide our partners with the best overall experience.

Great add-on to our association; Bonus revenue sharing and benefits

Overall, our experience has been very fluid and great response time from their team regarding some basic questions. We haven't seen any issues at all and have been running for 2.5 months with a good amount of usage.

Pros

The implementation was simple and launching it wasn't confusing for our staff or members. With any new software, the biggest concern is how easy will it be for our members to use. So far, no questions, no complaints and our members have figured out how to utilize it.

Cons

The interface could be improved a little, maybe some customization. There is basic customization allowed but overall it's basically a copy over from their other job board sites. However, it works and that's important. So many system's promise a lot and don't deliver, this did deliver.

Hi Alan, Thank you so much for your review and we are so happy to hear that the transition over to YM Careers has been so seamless for both your staff and members! There are a myriad of customizations that can be done to the platform so feel free to reach out to your partner services rep if there's something that you feel would benefit your members. And we are so excited that in just under 3 months, you are already seeing its value! Sincerely, Dawn DiLorenzo Director of Marketing YM Careers

YM Careers is great!

I can spend my time on other things now. The platform has decreased customer inquiries significantly and YM customer service has been fabulous! I love the marketing YM creates - and I use it to bring our membership to the site.

Pros

The online purchase and management of job postings is intuitive for our customers/members. The site is set up allowing both employers and job seekers to quickly and easily navigate to find what they're looking for. YM continues to update the site/interface to improve usability and include new desirable features. YM was compatible with our database, Personify.

Cons

We had no statistics before we switched but I would still like more statistics - amount of time spent on each job post, number of jobs viewed per user, etc.

Hi Karen, thanks for your review! We're to hear that YM Careers has been the right choice for your association. We pride ourselves in providing all our partners with a comprehensive understanding of all our offerings, and making sure the platform is user friendly from both an administrative and member/job seeker side. We also continue to work on new developments with reporting stats for our partners and hope to have some new updates soon.

There is NO competition to YM's Job Board

Did I say this company and product rocks yet? I had a VERY dismal time with another job board provider, the account rep had an always full mailbox, the tech team while relatively supportive was not very stellar, and the owner of the company literally yelled at my VP once. The quality of care, product and service and caliber of professionalism at YM cannot be understated. And see above for the amazing customer service. Truthfully, for a nice job board site, you would do yourself a disservice not going with YM (and you will probably get some headaches).

Pros

For the software itself, it's very easy to use on both the front and back end. Running reports, helping customers as the administrator is very simple and most of it is out-of-the-box yet customizable to our industry and needs. It is really so easy to do everything I need, including pulling numbers on specific products or users. To post a job on the front end or a resume is incredibly easy as well....

Cons

The things I like least about the software itself is that I cannot find any issues to help fix! I literally have zero complaints--which is weird for me.

Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for such an amazing review! Our team works so hard to provide our customers with not only a stellar technology solution that is continually updated and improved, but expert sales, marketing and support experience to help you improve member engagement and increase non-dues revenue! On behalf the entire team here at YM Careers, thank you so much and please be sure to reach out to your dedicated partner rep if you ever need any help! Best, Dawn DiLorenzo Director of Marketing YM Careers

Great Job Board Solution

I have worked with YM Careers for several years now with our Job Board and online Career Fairs. The customer support is excellent. It truly can't be beat. Everyone is super helpful and responsive making it so easy on the client. So many things are completed on YM Careers end so the client can just sit back. The Job Board pretty much runs itself and YM Careers does a great job with marketing and provides the client with great promotional tools. I'm very happy with this company.

Pros

I like the ease of use. It does everything that is needed with little maintenance.

Cons

I wish it was easier to update marketing content such as ads. Currently this needs to be done through YM Careers and can't be done through an admin portal.

Thank you Kelly for your awesome review! We are excited to hear you're having a great experience with YM Careers! I wanted to let you know you CAN download the native files for any ad, HTML email, banner, and more on the YM Careers Marketing Resource Center which is available under the Marketing tab in Admin to edit in Adobe. Because we know that not all of our customers have an in-house resource to do this, our team can edit the files for you. All you have to do is talk to your Customer Success Manager and they can enter a creative design request to our Marketing team. Best, Dawn DiLorenzo Director of Marketing YM Careers

Risk-free way to add member value & increase non-dues revenue!

Partnering with YM Careers helped us raise our profile to continually become the most invaluable resource to people in our industry. Our Career Center is now a major tool for exposure within our industry. It also allows us to capture more non-dues revenue from member organizations that don't fall within their traditional advertising/exhibition/sponsorship budgets. We're now capturing revenue from their Talent Acquisition budgets that were previously not coming to our association.

Pros

The fact that YM Careers runs it's own sales operation and then pays out a royalty to the client, makes this a completely risk-free way to add tremendous value and increase non-dues revenue! It also allows small staff associations to largely "set-it-and-forget-it" once they've determined their market segment and added the appropriate links to their own websites and newsletters.

Cons

Even though our AMS is also within the Community Brands family, there still isn't really a true integration with our AMS. New Career Center leads should automatically feed into our AMS, but unfortunately, this still doesn't happen.

Hi Brock, thank you for your review! Becoming the premier resource for talent and jobs in your industry is one of the benefits we want all our partners to experience, and we are happy to hear how valuable your association has become to your members and industry professionals. We are also continuing to work on our integrations with our AMS products to provide a more seamless experience for you.

ISBA Career Center

We seldom have any issues, when we do they are addressed immediately and resolved.

Pros

Ease of use, and provides us with an extra revenue stream.

Cons

No problems with this software. It is better than anything we had previously used.

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! Our team at YM Careers works hard to develop career center technology that is easy to use, and helps our association customers better engage with their members and drive non-dues revenue. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for being a YM Careers customer! Best, Dawn DiLorenzo Director of Marketing

F. H. Review

we are a nonprofit organization, and we use the Career Center as a benefit to our partners. Our partners are Engineering companies of a variety of disciplines that are souring talent and recruiting NSBE members. We host a number of events every year. We want to ensure the software is either meeting or exceeding the needs of our partners.

Pros

When working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], she is always so informative and professional, and she listens and understands the needs of our partners with respect to their use of the NSBE Career Center. She assists me in remedying problems; however, she assists me with respect to brainstorming to determine how to meet and exceed the needs of our partners.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a long time to implement new project initiatives, but I can say since working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] she goes and above and beyond with respect to following up with me about the rolling out of new software functionality that is designed to meet the needs of our partners.

Hi Franco, thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that our partner services team has gone above and beyond to provide exceptional customer support and exceed expectations as well. We strive to keep our partners up to date with our product updates and answer all questions that may arrive and provide further explanation.

Great non-dues revenue source

We have been a YM Careers customer for many years (including the software's previous iterations as CareerBank, etc.). We are very happy that , as part of the Community Brands umbrella, we were recently able to implement a single sign-on system with our main website, powered by Aptify (also a Community Brands product).

Pros

YM Careers enables us to provide a full-featured, niche job board to our members without having to develop or purchase any software ourselves. The revenue-share model has enabled us to have a stream of non-dues revenue, while providing a very valuable service to accounting job seekers and employers. The back-end admin areas allows us to track all of the transactions and user information and manage discount codes.

Cons

In a perfect world, we would love to be able to host the functionality within our main website rather than on a separate website.

Hi Rachael, thank you for your review! We strive to continue in our quest for innovation by integration and provide our partners with more to come!

ManufacturingJobs.com

Pros

I have been using YM Careers job board software since 2003. It works flawlessly bringing together my employer and jobseeker clients. Never a question on how to post a job from employers or how to respond to the ads from the job applicants. Several employer pay options are available including credit card, invoice, or check. Real-time dashboard gives me a quick reference to traffic and sales data.

Cons

No complaints on our YM Careers partnership. They have many years improving their processes and that continuous improvement mentality is reflected in the product.

Steve, Thank you for being a customer for 13 years! We are so happy to hear that the platform works so well for your members and employers, and for your team! Please do not hesitate to let us know how we can continue to improve our products and services! We will be releasing lots of great new functionality this year! Best, Dawn DiLorenzo Director of Marketing YM Careers

Excellent Career Center

Very happy. We were able to provide additional member benefits to our clients at no extra costs.

Pros

We launched our Career Board about a month and are very pleased with the result. It was a long process screening different job boards and finding the solution that would be a perfect fit for my client. We are a non-profit and having the ability to use such a sleek and enhanced software with no upfront costs is definitely a plus and huge advantage for us. The revenue sharing model is fair and also provides additional value and opportunity for us to generate some revenue (through upgrades)

Cons

Nothing thus far. The software is pretty intuitive and the YM team worked with us on building the site that would match our branding. There were some limitations in the design but we found a work around. I guess one of the cons is that their marketing site has been downs and we can’t download their marketing resources directly. There are a lot of interesting promotional materials and we look forward to being able to utilize them directly. Now their support team sends us the files we request.

Hi Tamara, thank you for your review! We're glad that through your screening process it led you to YM Careers. Branding and marketing your Career Center to fit your audience is extremely important for awareness and we are thrilled you are happy with our marketing & branding resources. We will continue providing our customers with the most innovative software platform to continue to generate non-dues revenue.

YM Careers has a quality product and some of the best customer service

What I like most about YM Careers are its customer support services. Our account representative is efficient, fast, knowledgeable, and will assist us with our questions to ensure we got the right solution to our challenges. They even help to anticipate the future needs of our organization and membership, then advise how we can better serve our members with their product services. Truly one of the best customer service experiences I've had the pleasure of working with. It's as if they are a member of our staff!

Pros

As a program manager, I appreciate the quality of administrative control that I have behind the scenes. I've been using the product for under a year, yet the ease of use and the quality of support I can provide our users is excellent! Their products are so well-tailored to our industry; we are considering adopting a second service because of the quality and easy-of-use of there products and services.

Cons

What I've suggested for future consideration is for YM Careers to consider better integration of single-sign in if we use multiple products. It's a challenge to our members when we have to provide them various usernames and passwords if we were to use different products/services from YM Careers.

Thank you for your review! We are pleased to hear that your experience using our product has been an easy and productive one! We also continue to work on our integration points to better provide a better overall user experience for members.

HDA Review

Pros

Our members and potential employees find it relatively easy to access and enter their information.

Cons

We honestly don't have any complaints at this time.

Gilberto, Thank you so much for being a long-time YM Careers customer and for your positive review. We are so happy to hear when our customers find our solution easy to use and valuable to their organization. We host regular webinars on various aspects of member engagement, marketing to members and driving revenue so be sure to join us on a future event! Also, review your Admin regularly for new content and resources to help make running your career center and little easier! Best wishes for a successful 2021! Dawn DiLorenzo Director of Marketing YM Careers

Clean career center

Pros

This is a clean design and well maintained, software that allows us to have many options for sales of career posts. We definitely love the network that allows customers to syndicate jobs to other career centers, including diversity network.

Cons

Backend feels a little bit dated and our share of sales is sent in a monthly check instead of a daily transfer.

Hi Seth, thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that your association is enjoying the many functionalities and options our career center platform provides, especially the diversity network! We will also keep your feedback in mind as we continue to work on updates to our backend.

Why We Use YM Careers

Have used YM Careers for almost 12 years and have found when we have a problem (which is rare), we receive the appropriate customer service and resolution. We've worked together to build and maintain a strong and positive relationship.

Pros

What we like most about the software is... Good financial tracking; great and responsive customer service; reliable job and resume database; easy to use; priced reasonably.

Cons

What we like least about the software is the reports are limited.

Hi Pat, thank you for your review! We pride ourselves in our ability to identify and resolve problems our partners face to ensure the value of their partnership with us.

ASRM Career Center with YM Careers

The ASRM's experience with YM Careers has been extremely positive. YM Careers continues to innovate and upgrade their software leading to more options for us and our members. We have a dedicated service representative with YM Careers who is always knowledgeable and prompt to give us information on new offerings and opportunities.

Pros

This software meets a variety of needs of ASRM users. It's easy to both post a job and search for a new position. I especially like that a user can purchase job posting add-ons to help with discoverability. It has a self-contained messaging system that allows users to search for a job while holding down a current position. And their marketing tools are amazing - so useful and constantly updated. The Career Fair module is a must for our organization. It is both easy to use and implement allowing employers to easily connect with job seekers during our annual conference.

Cons

I think that there's a little bit of a learning curve for our members who are physicians and do not often read instructions sufficiently but this is often solved by YM's customer support.

Hi Angelina, thank you for your review! We strive to continuously meet the needs of all our customers and those of their members/users to provide the best experience possible.

The software easy to use

SIAM has successfully partnered with YM for 13 years on our Job Board. YM upgrades the Job Board site, software, and is proactive with introducing new products. My contact, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], works closely with me to convey new ideas, strategized, market, and offers valuable insight. Most recently SIAM has partnered with YM for our Virtual Annual Meeting (AN20) and Virtual Career Fair. SIAM will partner again with YM for our next Virtual Career Fair in 2021. I look forward to collaborating with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the future.

Pros

The software is intuitive for all user levels.

Cons

I did not require additional training but was offered the resources to assist me.

Hi Kristin, thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that our partnership is still going strong and you're happy with the offerings we provide. We strive to continuously provide new ideas and strategies for our partners for many more years.

Ease of use and accessibility

Pros

We have hands on, instant access to our platform. The ease of controlling the pricing, discounts, promotions and approving messaging is a wonderful feature.

Cons

There are none we can think of at this time.

Hi Karla, thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that your experience with YM Careers has been a positive one. We strive to deliver the best platform to our partners that is easy to use and efficient, while allowing partners to have full access and control to use it as needed.

Used for Resume Database and job board

Mari is a savior and could not function without her!

Pros

The filtering, and candidate report were most beneficial to our sponsors

Cons

limit of functionality. No bulk download, when viewing resumes, there is no identifier that you already viewed etc.

Hi Brittany, thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that Mari excels at providing you with support when needed. We also continue to work on new updates, functionality, and capabilities in order to provide our partners with the best overall experience.

WORTH IT!

The organization and I are very pleased with YM. It requires very little time and pays off in spades. We've been happy for years.

Pros

While I personally use the software infrequently, others have used it extensively and love it. It literallyy pays for itself!!! I get notices from YM and respond immediately because I know if YM is contacting me, it's important worth my time. You can't go wrong with YM!

Cons

Thank you for your review. We are excited to see that the YM Careers platform pays for itself at your organization. And thank you for your recommendation to a new customer! Best, Dawn DiLorenzo Director of Marketing YM Careers

Great Review

Very Good.

Pros

Easy to use and always innovative with the job board market. Fantastic website and ability to measure success

Cons

Nothing Really. I cant see myself using any other.

Hi John, thank you for your review! We hope to continue providing innovative ideas for our products and our partners who contribute to our success.

Software & People That Help Host a Thriving Career Center

YM Careers has been very helpful, responsive and great at training. They take the time to make sure all admins of the software are given the opportunity to learn the capability of it to host a thriving career center.

Pros

I really like how user friendly this is for both job seekers and recruiters. There are many features for the seekers to utilize during their job search, such as resume review, job alerts, etc. This is a really well developed platform.

Cons

The admin side of the software does require some training to understand and learn. There are a lot of features for the software administrator to take advantage of, it just takes some investment to learn the full capability of it.

Hi Marian, Thank you for your review! We aim to provide both job seekers and recruiters with the best user experience. Our features such as resume review and job alerts that you mentioned enable us to further provide job seekers with the ability to find their next career opportunity, and help to continue making your career center a thriving destination for job seekers and members.