Zinc Reviews

Pros

Seamless Greenhouse integration, flawless support, innovative approach, fantastic flexibility.

Sarah B.

It was the first time for me to use, and i was happy that it was quick and easy to manage.

Annamária S.

Cons

We're using it to reference between first and second interview. I was worried about candidate pushback but haven't really received any.

Sarah B.

Kept kicking me off/ saying there were errors, but it all went through in the end.

Jason L.

It didn't say which company was asking for the reference in the email request or during the reference check so that was a bit confusing.

Julien S.

4.8

Easy to give references; helps kickstart the process and provides structure

Pros

Keep in mind I've only used this to write a requested references for friends. A lot of the time when asked to provide a reference, it can be hard to construct from scratch. Zinc made this really simply by providing direct questions and easy to access keywords to describe an individual. Furthermore, it creates questions ahead of time to help you really focus on communicating what is necessary.

Cons

Typing experience is a bit strange (buggy?) - I found when pressing backspace to remove a letter after a new word and a space that it would also remove the space as well leading to a bit of a confusing typing experience at times.

Zinc's Customer Service is Amazing!

Pros

Zinc is very easy to use once you get the hang of how things work. I also love the fact that you can text the references instead of calling them. It is a real time saver! Also, the customer service I receive is impeccable! Customer service reaches out to me at least once a month to see how everything is going and responds when I have an issue in a timely manner.

Cons

At first, using Zinc through greenhouse was not very intuitive, but once I figured how to use it, it is easy as can be!

Pros

being able to conduct an interview over the computer rather than in person

Cons

kept kicking me off/ saying there were errors, but it all went through in the end

Pros

I like how well it integrates with our ATS. It's easily built in as a step in our Greenhouse processes, and integrates really well into our process. We started using this product when we added references between first and second interviews. The support has been outstanding, every minor issue receives prompt attention and we had total support during setup. We're a tech company and I like how slick the interface is; it allows responses via text and we get the responses more quickly that way. The system is also highly customize-able.

Cons

I really don't have a ton of constructive feedback. It's working well for what we need and we can change as our needs evolve.

Great way to do reference checks!

Pros

I appreciate how easy Zinc was to use and that I was able to submit my reference on my own time. I much prefer this to doing a reference check via phone!

Cons

Not anything glaring that I could think of! Perhaps there could be the ability to submit the review in the email that was sent (vs taking you to the Zinc website); I'm thinking something to similar to submitting a Google form.

Employee reference

Pros

I used it to provide a reference for new employment. I liked I had to answer clearly formulated and structured questions plus there were also 'answer choices'.

Cons

I really wished to have a summary on what I have submitted. A kind of 'send me a copy' option would be great.

Pros

That's my first time using zinc to give reference. The interface is very refreshing and easy to understand. The questions are well designed, very direct and specific. I filled out the form within 5 minutes without any issues. Using Zinc is way more comfortable than getting a call from a person from the HR department that makes you feel like being interrogated. I would definitely recommend Zinc to my network.

Cons

This experience is quite good and I didn't have any negative comments on the product. Maybe next time.

Used for a professional reference

I was asked to provide a professional reference and received an email request to a written reference via Zinc.

Pros

- It was easy to use - The whole process was seamless

Cons

- It didn't say which company was asking for the reference in the email request or during the reference check so that was a bit confusing - References done automatically like this are very impersonal and there is value in talking to someone about a reference. The questions were very generic but I guess this is from the company who used the software and not the software itself

Great accessible software

Great for references! Wouldn't use another service.

Pros

Easy to integrate, feels quick and easy for those filling out references, which can be a long and thankless task, clear, simple design and easy to integrate into the business.

Cons

None, very strong in terms of design and functionality, would recommend.

Easy to Use

Quick, easy, simple. I could see if you had numerous reference to get how this would make it so much faster.

Pros

As someone who had to reply to the request it was very easy to use. The questions were very straight forward which made it easy to respond. The link took me straight into the software.

Cons

I was confused because I got two requests since the person held two positions with us.

Easy to use (as a user)

Pros

Could easily write an opinion of a former employee when asked for.

Cons

It didn't seem obvious at first how long the survey would last.

Easy to use, gets the job done!

Pros

Customisable, easy to integrate with current tooling, great UX for our users.

Cons

None so far, we've only been using it for 3 months.

Thank you for providing us with a review Dan! Your feedback is very much appreciated.

Zinc for Doctors referencing

Excellent I wrote and sent the reference in 5 minutes

Pros

Online reference All relevant areas covered Ease of use for refree

Cons

I thought it was a hack because I didn't know about it before

Convenience

Pros

Convenience and flexibility to respond to questions

Cons

People would like some suggestions or option for open ended questions

Zinc Software Review

Used it for references

Pros

Esay to use not much knowledge needed to use it

Cons

Nothing that I think can be improved. Great tool

Does what it says

Pros

The software is easy to use and convenient.

Cons

Detracts from human side of review process