Alert

Rental management software for events, tool, heavy, and more

visit website

Alert Reviews

Glenn P.

I'm sure as we continue forward we'll find all kinds of other wonderful aspects to this software. We are so pleased that this is the way we decided to go when trying to choose.

Beth N.

Very Satisfied with their product, we have used it for about 25 years. Easy to navigate, excellent support team.

Lonnie J.

Cons

Documentation and instructions are week. Limited options: spell check, cut and paste option just not work on all parts of the system.

Kenny P.

Alert was not the first operating system we tried. Unfortunately it was not the second system we tried either.

Stacey W.

Keith C.

4.6

Good Customer Service, Strong Ownership

Alert has helped us improve our purchasing process with their PO module including serial# tracking, job costing, automatic price increases. In general the wide variety of reports available and massive capability of their software has helped us improve our business in almost all areas.

Pros

Customer Service Oriented. Technology experts who are able to explain tech issues in simple terms without going over your head. Customer service experts who are able understand your problems and come up with unique solutions. You get the feeling that the owners care about their clients, and it trickles down to the staff at all levels. You can call and speak to people who want to help you fix your problem and they constantly improving and taking feedback.

Cons

Special projects and general responsiveness seems to be somewhat hit or miss depending on the individual you speak to. You may have to follow up for status opposed to waiting to hear an update. Way more hits than misses through, especially lately.

Thanks for the great feedback, Tim! It's been our pleasure working with you. - Kara

SUPER EASY!

Alert has been great to work with from start to finish. They spent a great deal of time with us during setting up to make sure our system operated the way we operate our business. Very patient! Our installer was quite patient and took care in addressing every detail. We are very pleased with our system and all the information it provides, from ROI info to maintenance of equipment to utilization...

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Expensive.

Easy to Use

Pros

It is very user friendly and easy to navigate around.

Cons

I feel like I am limited to what I can do within the software.

Hi Ashleigh - thanks for the review! I'll personally follow up with you to see what else I can show you about Alert. Kara

Alert Software Review

Alert has been by our side supporting our company and our needs since we started on the software over 25 years ago! As our business grows and changes the software and those that run the company are always there to help us adapt and adjust to the chances. The user's group that they have created is a valuable tool in our industry to find another avenue to solving problems or learning new ways to do things. The leadership team is always willing to listen and help find solutions to our unique needs. Having such a responsive software company is almost unheard of in our ever growing technology world. We have a confidence in our software that allows us to focus on other things. This kind of dependability is crucial in our success.

Pros

The way that it can be customized and changed to fit our needs at any time with no extra cost to us. There are always new modules and expanding and upgrading their features.

Cons

There are times that it is slow to work. There modules that do not work well together but work good independently. This is something that they need to work out.

Jennifer - thank you for the kind words! It has been a privilege to work along side you. Your suggestions at our User Group have been invaluable. - Kara Lawrence, Co-President/CEO

Alert Review!

Alert Management Systems does a lot of great things beyond writing a contract. Features are mostly profit based. The downside Alert is still very very soft on documentation, instruction, and examples of how the feature works or came be used. When you get an upgrade or purchase optional program it's just gets installed, that's sometimes you might get a quick overview but for the most part, you are on your own to figure it out and use. Sometimes they are that quick and easy - other times we do struggle. The Alert "shorts" are good but they have a limited number of them.

Pros

Adaptable to my way of doing business. Support is very strong and responsive. Custom Programming ability.

Cons

Not a fast system to learn. Documentation and instructions are week. Limited options: spell check, cut and paste option just not work on all parts of the system

Kenny - thanks for the candid feedback! We know that documentation is lacking so we're certainly working towards improvement. - Kara Lawrence, Co-President/CEO

could not operate our company without Alert

We have had Alert since 1999, the system and their support have been a key reason we have grown from $1m to $10m in 18 years. In the last 18, we have grown and Alert has been able to grow with us, we have never been concerned that we would outgrow the system. We found the key has been going to user group meetings, this has allowed us to help direct development and help keep the system as an industry leader. We could not operate our company without Alert.

Pros

Alert was built for the rental industry, we have found they understand our problems and bring solutions for handling them.

Cons

Screen size is an issue, as monitors get bigger, Alert needs to reformat to fit the newer bigger monitors

Will - your suggestions over the years have made Alert EasyPro the industry leader it is today! We're honored to be growing with you. - Kara Lawrence, Co-President/CEO

Why or why not

I have worked in the Rental Industry for over two decades. This time has allowed me the opportunity to use, abuse, achieve and curse Rental Software. We made the switched to Alert in 2014, and of course we all where kicking, screaming and hand holding with the support staff. However, after some time had passed and the dust settled and she went back to Colorado, we were able to transition and take advantage...

Very Satisfied Experienced User for almost 15 Years

Started using Alert EasyPro back in 2002 with full line Contractor Equipment Rental Company. The base system is very user friendly and support staff is on point when needed. The best part of the Alert system is the add-on modules. It allows you to get what you want and what you will use instead of paying for something you do not need or will never use. The system simply grows and adapts with your business...

Pros

Flexibility for the system to adapt to your business needs.

Fantastic rental software!

Our rental company started using Alert in 1999. We have been exceptionally pleased with the both the program features and ease of use. However, it is Alert's customer service and technical support that truly distinguishes them from the competition. Alert's programming and support staff not only has the technical knowledge and experience to produce and support a great product, they also understand how rental companies operate. I recommend Alert, without hesitation, to anyone looking for rental software.

Pros

Great features, ease of use and the best customer service in the industry.

Cons

I

Alert Software is AMAZING

Inventory is accurate and real time up to date.

Pros

I have used Alert for over 15 years. I have been on 3 other systems in my 28+ years of Event Rental experience and ALERT is by far the easiest to use, most accurate and drilled in for this industry. The fact that users are the key to upgrades yearly speaks volumes! No other company in the industry does that.

Cons

Currently no having any issues with the software.

Thanks, Michelle! We've enjoyed working with you through the years and are so glad that you're part of our Alert family! -Kara

So much bang for your buck!

Let me start by saying, my business does not do any rentals at all. I set up another rental business for a friend and this was the recommended software from a veteran in the equipment rental business. I am a plumbing supply and bath & kitchen showroom and was lucky enough that this software works wonderfully for us, too! We are sharing the building with the equipment rental gentlemen. We are all thrilled...

Pros

Customer service is fabulous; software is user-friendly and "dummy-proof." :)

Cons

I wish that the sales screen were at the top of the page instead of rental...but I understand this isn't a real complaint, as the program is geared toward rental companies!

Bennett Equipment Loves Alert Easy Pro!

We have been utilizing Alert Easy Pro for ten years!! The software has paid for itself many times over. Ease of use and constant upgrades make it number one in our book! Support is always there when it is needed, which is rare.

Pros

Integrates well with our accounting software and ease of use by operators is key. Alert management allows users to have input for upgrades.

Cons

Had to think a while on this one, there is no "perfect" software for each individual user but Alert Easy Pro makes adapting their features to individual users a breeze.

Eddie -thank you for your thoughtful review! We've enjoyed working with you the past decade and look forward to many more! - Kara Lawrence, Co-President/CEO

Feeling like part of the Alert family!

We have been a customer of Alert for over 15 years, and in the rental business for 44 years. I can tell you, we use to write rental contracts the old fashion way, by hand. When rental software became available, we chose someone other than Alert. We had a good experience with the firm we had chosen for our POS system. When they went out of business, they highly recommended Alert. We investigated...

Alert is easy

Alert EasyPro is an easy fit for our complicated rental management needs. Alert does a good job of blending functionality for the event rental user and general rental user. I find the staff always willing to consider the client needs and tries to find solutions to our day to day issues. We have used several POS systems and have never before experienced a software supplier that took client feedback so seriously. Alerts annual user conference is a testament to a commitment to their customers.

Pros

It's flexibility between serialized and bulk items. Everything is point and click. Many reports are already available in the knowledge base.

Cons

Number of characters in each field.

Excellent Company

We have been using Alert Easy Pro for the past 8 years in Greensboro, NC. It works well for both our tool & equipment division, as well as our event division. Whenever we have an issue, we have always experienced fast and effective support. Their annual conference in Colorado Springs not only offers great education on how to optimize usage of the software, but also on many other aspects of the rental business. Hundreds of rental operators from around the Uniited States and a few from other countries come each year.

Pros

Simplicity and ease of handling our inventory and customer database.

Cons

We tested "Dispatch" portal that Alert offers and were not able to make it work for us.

Many Years of User Experience

In 2008 we had to make a decision between to software platforms, (acquisitions had different systems) and we reviewed, analyzed, discussed and chose Alert. Over the years many new features have been added that really work for us. The annual User Conference is pretty unique in many ways and has brought us in close contact with users around the country who we can call at pretty much any time with questions and queries. The staff at Alert strive to support their clients and have a treasure chest of knowledge and experience. Constantly evolving is necessary these days and this is what maintains the Alert reputation.

Pros

Ease of training new users. Dashboard features.

Cons

Should think more for us!

Alert Easy Pro user since 2013

This software has been an excellent tool for our company. The reporting is very robust and the user interface is a very quick learn which helps with new staff members. The option to customize also makes this software a great fit for us.

Pros

Customizable; User friendly; Robust reporting options; Simple accounts receivable and invoicing; powerful dispatching module; powerful sign and rent (mobile signature) module.

Cons

Must learn the reporting system coding to really extract powerful reports (takes a bit of time and effort to really learn it); The sales (retail) inventory functionality could use some enhancement.

Fantastic software!

We replaced a 16 year old rental software system with Alert EasyPro. I can not tell you how thrilled we are to be working with Alert. Alert is easy to use for such a comprehensive program. Our employees transitioned easily and quickly became proficient on Alert, which was important since we did our install at the beginning of our busy season. The new document center is amazing! Literally saving me hours of work by allowing me to email large quantities of documents within minutes. However, I think what I love most about Alert EasyPro is the company itself. Everyone that works there, from ownership down, is always so pleasant and helpful. If I have a question there is always someone just a phone call away.

Pros

easy of use fantastic customer service

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like

Long time Alert user.

We purchased our system i believe in September 1992. Since that time we have been through several revisions etc. Alert has always responded quickly to any issues that have arisen. With out hesitation i would recommend them. We are no longer in the rental business, but still continue to use their soft ware to operate our retail store .

Pros

The soft ware is relative easy to use and understand. I can have someone writing a ticket in a matter of minutes.

Cons

i would like a little more flexibility in writing some sales reports.

Alert Pro are the Pros!

From the time we converted from Rental Advantage 1 year ago, the Alert Pro Team has been there every step of the way. Their conversion support - fantastic, training is in depth, our company had it's best year. We own the software, and they help us customize it. I would highly recommend considering Alert Pro if you are looking for a quote, invoicing, dispatch, delivery, fixed assets and reporting software. We are still implementing all the features.

Pros

Live Reporting, cyber query, excel, cloud managed option, invoicing, product kits, interface with website

Cons

Need more custom fields

Alert review

I have used alert for five years now. The software is easy to use. The customer service staff is very helpful and efficient in fixing problems or helping with issues.

Pros

It is user friendly. Reports can be easily generated and sent to excel.

Cons

You cannot change an item from one rental class to another.

Joyce - thank you for the review! I, too, like to put all my reports on Excel for easy manipulation. We're putting the rental class change on the voting list! - Kara Lawrence, Co-President/CEO

Fantastic Customer Service

Business is about the relationship. At Alert you aren't a number. I don't give a customer number when I call, just my name. I have used Alert software since 1989 and will not consider any other software. The features of this software are extensive and can do virtually anything I want to do, all I have to do is ask. The Alert users group and the fact that future revisions are customer driven make this a very customer friendly and responsive software solution.

Pros

Ease of use and support.

Review of Alert Easypro

We have been with Alert since 1989 and have been very happy with not only the software, but the service. When I call them, someone always answers and is very helpful. Anytime that I have special projects that I need to do, they help me sort out how to implement them effectively. The software is kept up to date and they are always coming out with new technology to help us run our store. It is nice having at least one part of the business that is effortless!

Pros

It is easy to use.

A Great All Around System for Rental Companies

We have been using them for a long time and they have always treated us well and addressed any questions or issues we have had over the years in a timely manner. Also like how you can just call them up and actually talk to someone pretty much right away. Thanks Alert for all the support over the years, Great company to do business with.

Pros

Easy to Use, Easy Set up, Good Features, Easy to Teach new employees the system.

Cons

None really

Alert Review

We have been with the Alert system for 25 yrs now. The ownership and support staff has always had our growth and interests in mind. I would not hesitate to recommend this software.

Pros

EASE OF USE

Cons

Mike, as a Special Event Top 30 company, we're excited to have been by your side and bear witness to your phenomenal growth these past decades! Thank YOU for making Alert EasyPro better and better each year! -Kara Lawrence, Co-President/CEO