Award Force Reviews - Page 5

Award force deserves an award

Pros

The ability to go digital across the board on our events has saved up countless hours of work! They really thought through the whole system and how to take onsite judging and scoring to the next level

Cons

at times, the software can be limiting and hold you back from making some easy changes but the improvements and time saved over the old school way of physically tallying more than makes up for it!

Easy to use with great support available

Regained time usually spent on manual admin tasks

Pros

Easy to use once you get the hang of it. You can use fields for other programs making it more time efficient the more you use it.

Cons

Having to refresh every time you make a change as you are building. Using two screens makes the build much easier.

Pros

Very intuitive, easy to use, powerful yet extremely customizable

Cons

None that I can think of, to be very honest. Perhaps I was not able to explore the software as much as one of my colleagues.

Money, time and resources well spent!

Using a designated and bespoke product like AF, has taken out so much stress and uncertainty around getting the nominations in and judged remotely. we had over 1000 entries that needed to go through a very clear and strict judging process (in light of being fare and transparent ) We could let judging take place remotely and smoothly, with the confidence of our data security and personal reputational image being protected.

Pros

Everything! Especially the rep our account tech support manager. she was on hand 24/7 with not just support, but with solutions, and confidence building techniques to help me take charge of the growth of our work. The platform itself, is slick, very user friendly and a 100% reliable. It gave us the confidence we needed to launch our first annual HEAT awards. this has gone so well, we are already pencilling in next years campaign. Award Force have been the first and only platform I have used for this task, but I wouldn't dream of going anywhere else. In the grand scheme of things the cost was extremely good for all the benefits we obtained, and even though our event programme is over, we are still able use all the data for our analysis and personal development.

Cons

In all honesty I have very little bad to say about the whole experience. If you really pushed me for a balanced review, I would have to say that on a couple of times and considering I emailed support up to 4 times a day in the build up of our launch. that if our designated manager was out of the office or had finished for the day. The person that took over sometimes was a little enthusiastic to come back with a response and not grasp how slow I was being. That's really nothing bad just maybe a pointer for the future that they get a summary of the clients habits and personal synopsis before responding to a query.

Thank you for your wonderful words, Matt! Specially appreciate the shout out to Rachel! Thank you also for the feedback about the support received from other members; we are a global team available 24x5 and feedback like this is valuable for us to be able to give more personalised service.

Great support, intuitive, submitters and judges love it!

This company really gets the importance of support. When onboarding, it's easy to get overwhelmed, worried, stressed, and panicked. We did not experience any of that when onboarding with AF. Our rep was with us the entire way. Our millions of questions (and sometimes duplicate questions a week later) were happily answered, she listened and used our particular nomenclatures when responding. I also love the "sanity check" that is offered when a new program is added. Having someone review our program before we go live is invaluable.

Pros

I love that is is easy for our members and judges to use. That ease of use helps with them participating in the awards program in subsequent years.

Cons

Nothing major comes to mind, but I have a couple of minor dislikes. I wish there was better sorting capabilities on the screen views. Not all columns can be sorted. Also, some times our I need to provide reports to our board that the system doesn't provide. Luckily I can download everything into excel and create my own "ad hoc reports when needed.

Award Force has been a life saver

Despite a few glitches here and there, Award Force truly has been a lifesaver for me and my organization -- it has streamlined the award process so much for us, which makes life easier for our users/nominators, and also frees up my time to do other important work, including giving feedback on submissions to increase the overall quality we're seeing. Keep up the great work!

Pros

I run an awards program that gets more than 4,000 entries a year, and before we found Award Force we were allowing people to submit by just sending us a PDF. It was a huge effort to collect them all, a waste of paper to make a "packet" for judges to read, and a colossal pain to notify the winners and losers using a mail merge. Award Force is like a godsend in that regard -- it allows me to keep all the entries in one place, have the judges evaluate them right with in the system, and then I can notify winners and losers right from the system as well. The software allows me to program my questionnaire so submissions are automatically separated into the appropriate category, easily assign judges, and help users from the back end.

Cons

The software can have a steep learning curve for new users (I onboard new judges all the time as we hire new people and it can be confusing at first). I wish some of the language was more intuitive. The system also sometimes can run slowly if I have a lot of tasks running at once on a big set of entries. And I think this is a problem on the end of my users (they work in places with very strong spam filters), but sometimes the notifications I send don't arrive where they're supposed to. I suspect they're getting caught in quarantine, but it causes some extra work for me on the back end having to look up individual submissions.

Awards tool for my awards program

Overall experience is good with the tool. easy to set up and reviewing and run the nomination report. but the bug issue is keep happening all the time. this make me not very happy with this tool.

Pros

The structure, the analysis report, export the data I received. allow the attachment for people submission

Cons

there are some bugs happened in last couple of days when I open my nomination process to large audience.

Hi Betty, sorry for your troubles. From the support email we last exchanged, it seems the problem happened because of a setting issue. Your colleague Carl later switched it on and everything worked as expected. If there's anything else you would like to report, please let us know asap!

An Amazing Option for Project Management

Pros

It's amazing! It looks great, the forward facing aspect has gotten many compliments. You can customize and tweak so much that you can make it work for almost anything! And the price is great! Customer service is very responsive and so helpful! They clearly know their stuff.

Cons

-The built-in spreadsheet function is not great. -You can't have a submission from an anonymous source or without requiring a login. -If you want to have a lot of programs/ applications open at once, that tab view can get pretty cluttered and overwhelming. It would be nice if you could hide them by category or something.

A great fit for our contest

Last year, we chose Award Force to replace a competitor that was going to raise its price by an unreasonable amount. A year later, I wish we had chosen Award Force sooner! Easy to use for administrators, contest entrants and contest judges. The price is very reasonable and we are excited to start up our contest using Award Force for the second year in a row. Customer support is outstanding.

Pros

1. Ease to implement and manage for administrators. 2. Ease of use for end users (contest entrants). 3. Great set of tools to set up and use the contest judging component.

Cons

Just one thing. Wish the company could allow us to use our primary online payment vendor. We have an existing account for one that does work, but it'd be nice to consolidate and have just one product to deal with in terms of online payment. That said, Award Force has already listened to our concern and our request was forwarded on.

Value for Money, Infinite Customization, GREAT Customer Support

We used AwardForce to run a two-round (semi-finalist + finalist) grant application process that required two different applications and two rounds of judging. AwardForce made the application and judging process easy, and customer support couldn't have been better.

Pros

I appreciated the level of customization that was possible, which makes this product flexible for different needs and even changes mid-stream. Perhaps the most valuable was the highly responsive and friendly customer support team via email or phone, which I leaned on frequently.

Cons

The in-app reporting views are limited, so I ended up exporting data to Excel to do certain kinds of sorting, filtering, and other data analysis. Also, the process of assigning judges was cumbersome in my case (instead of set judging groups, we assigned different combinations of judges to different applications - which was a multi-step process).

Application for Best Scientific Image Contest

AwardForce fits very well with the requirements we have in the competition for the best scientific image. The price is not low, but it has paid off because of the very good support and the great variety of features.

Pros

The support for the setup and for the time when we ran this years' contest was perfect (and we are not quick on the draw with such very good ratings) and the support is one of the main reasons why we intend to further work with Award Force. In cases where support was needed very urgently and quickly, the response was fast and very competent. The broad range of features gave the flexibility which we needed when we set up the contest for the first time. The pre-configured features made setup and use during the contest easy and convenient. The evaluation options of the judging results were very comfortable and at the same time so detailed that we got very good bases (Excel files) for our own evaluations.

Cons

In some respects, the user interface was not very convenient/user-friendly for the judges in the case of our contest (too much scrolling, something like an overview table was missing).

Review - Rina Park

It's been really good overall, especially because the support team has been super helpful and friendly. Award Force allows us to execute all the awards we have, in the complexity that we want (we can customise the settings to match each award). It's also straight forward and easy for the jurors to use and judge the entries, which is a big plus point.

Pros

The product is versatile and the support team is TOP! Whenever I had a question (simple one or complex), the support team got back really fast and was very helpful and friendly. It's also great that we can request for short Zoom call to solve the problems. I find it very helpful and efficient, than to send numerous emails back and force.

Cons

It takes some time to learn the system. There are so many features (which is good), but it also makes it harder to learn the functions. Now that I'm used to using the system, it's not a problem, but in the beginning the interface was a little confusing (e.g. you are able to access the judging from the judging menu and also settings > judging, only "one" form editor for all awards)

Excellent Awards Platform!

Very happy with them.

Pros

very user friendly and quick response for any queries!

Cons

nothing really. am happy the way it is now.

After the learning curve: the relief!

It was not quite so easy on the Admin end because the system is complex and allows for many configurations, but the customer service is stellar! I got replies to my queries regardless of day or time within a few hours, and even had a few video calls. I am a fan !

Pros

We use it to allow design students to upload their work at the end of the year. Setting the system up to meet our requirements was challenging because there are so many options, but once it was configured the students found it very easy to upload their work, and even sent some fan mail. They could revise their entries up to the deadline, we could specify the acceptable file types and everything worked smoothly. We also invited reviewers to comment on the work , that too was very easy on the user end.

Cons

There are a few odd things here: it is , for instance, not possible to sort all entrants by their last name, only by their first. If a judge is already in the AF system they have to use their previous password to log in which can cause confusion. With the help of AF we set up an algorithm that randomly assigned student work to reviewers and you would think that it would be easy for the computer to...

Thank you for your honest review, Ingrid! As much as we love fan mail, we also like to hear about the pain points of our clients. Bulk downloading is a slow process for sure and we have some ideas to optimise and improve it in the future. Some other interesting insights too which have been passed on to the Product team.

Building Designers Association of Australia benefits from Award Force

Award Force ensures that the format of the entry material is consistent and predictable, whilst still allowing the entrants to be as creative as they like with the content of the material. The participation is about 2 - 3 times more than it was 10 - 15 years ago before Award Force. Whilst I can't attribute this increase wholly to the software (there are other factors), my colleagues and I can't imagine how we would have dealt with the volume using the old methods.

Pros

The software saves us time and energy by storing the material, categorising it, and allowing entrants to manage the submission themselves until close of entries. Even then, entrants are permitted to resubmit incomplete content if necessary, which saves us a lot of filing. Centralised storage that is backed up and accessible to anyone (with permissions) is a relief. We're pleased when entrants give us feedback that they find the process simple & intuitive. It's very convenient for the administrators to be able to export customisable reports. I could go on and on...

Cons

We haven't got around to asking the helpdesk about this feature yet (perhaps it already exists), but we can see some benefit in providing the capacity for an entry to be able to be a "linked copy" of the primary entry. Rather than making a full duplicate of an entry simply to enter into a different category. It would be useful if all the common content was linked between each instance, and there was the capacity to provide additional content specific to the linked category(s) if required. I don't think this functionality exists currently, but if it doesn't I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on it already.

The support on Award Force is the best I have EVER experienced

I inherited an open Award season to manage and was able to come up to speed fairly quickly due to the intuitive nature of the platform and the SUPERB support I got from Award Force e.g. one on one training calls, common help tips embedded in the platform (ie don't have to go to another screen and back and forth but can take action in the platform with the tips right there on the same screen), and extraordinarily fast responses to my emails asking how to do certain things. I am managing our 2nd season and it is going very smoothly and I am digging deeper into the functionality that is available. This is our team's second year using the platform and it works extremely well for the needs that we have and I highly recommend the SW if you need to manage an Awards program.

Pros

The program is fairly intuitive so the learning curve is not too steep. And for the times when I have needed help, the response time and quality of support is unparalleled in my experience. I send an email, within a few hours no matter what time of the day or night I send it, someone from around the globe answers me. If further assistance is needed e.g. a call with someone, it can usually be set...

Cons

I have come across some small functionality that I would like to have such as a bit more ability to "pretty up" my email broadcasts or filtering by 2 different dimensions to randomly assign entries for judging. With that said, the SW really addresses so many of our main needs that these issues are not an issue and I have been able to create workarounds if needed.

Thank you ever so much for your raving review, Gillette! We can't stop the high fives :D We will continue to improve and add time saving features so you can continue managing and growing your program year on year!

Award Force is incredible- easy to use and very easy to customize for our Award program requirements

-Ease of use -Highly accessible with information that is always available - whether on a desktop, lapto, tablet or mobile device -Eliminates virtually all manual paper work that our previous system required - Easy to contact all users or subsets of users via email using the Broadcast Message feature, which was something that previously we had to do using email and determining who we needed to contact

Pros

The Award Force management and support teams were incredibly helpful during our entire selection process, set up phase and implementation. There was always someone available for answers, no matter that we are located in the US and their main office is in Australia. From our initial conversations as far as what was on our "must have" list and our "nice to have" list of features, AF was able to make...

Cons

There is very little that I don't like about Award Force. But if I had to pick one: since the system is used by multiple award program clients around the world there are a few small areas that don't quite give us exactly what we need and that weren't able to be changed for us. However, these are just a few small items and through conversations with our AF implementation manager we devised ways to get...

A dream come true for Award Managers!

When we realised we needed to up our game with online entries for our Awards we researched every product on the market. The investment was quite significant for our annual not-for-profit Awards so we needed to ensure we made the right decision - and we now know we did! Every single member of the Award Force team that we've dealt with from our initial enquiry through to ongoing support has been an...

Pros

Award Force is so easy to use, yet delivers a thoroughly comprehensive solution. The system is so clear, intuitive and logical it's an absolute pleasure to use. You can navigate your way around without ever getting lost or confused, everything is exactly where you'd expect to find it and you always feel completely in control. From the clean and clear layout you may initially be fooled into thinking...

Cons

I have to confess that I have struggled with this question, but the ability to sort by all of the fields within a view would be helpful. It would also be helpful to be able to configure bespoke reports for export, but it's not exactly a chore to have everything exported and then just choose to keep the ones you want. The things I've mentioned above may well be possible, I'm by no means an expert on every aspect of the system and I find new features and options every week!

Wow, thank you for such wonderful feedback, Ped. We'll do our best to keep helping and to keep innovating!

Award Force helped our program become completely digital. The entire process worked so well.

Ease of time on the administrators end. Ease of use and uploading ability to make all things electronic on the users end. Wrap up after the award process was so simple! That was the best part. Even though there is a cost that we didn't have before, our organization found that the benefits outweighed the costs. We needed to be all electronic and needed to alleviate the time component from the administrators, who are all volunteers. This program did that for us.

Pros

The ease of use on the user and the administrator ends was great. The administration learning process was not complex and Award Force staff took the time to train us. The entry process for the users worked so well. It was simple! The part that sold our organization was the wrap-up portion. We didn't have to do much of anything and the program did it for us. Our members could login and see the winners' entries. This saved our admins a ton of time compiling award winners and sending them out to everyone. That was an amazing process! I would definitely recommend this, and have, to other organizations if they want to go all digital and have a simple back-end process to administer, and help the users get their information entered and then received quickly.

Cons

Like any software, you have to learn it. It takes a little time at first to learn, but once you do, it is not hard to utilize. The Award Force team was very helpful through that process, though. There are some unique ways to find information within the software, so it just takes working with it to gain an understanding. The payment system was something that we had to inform our membership of, since this software is based in Australia, when using an United States credit card, it is best to charge all entries at one time and not individually, as they card will question foreign purchases and possibly shut the card off temporarily. This happened to us, but once we realized why, we explained it to the membership and then it worked fine.

A dream to use

See my review

Pros

Everything. Award Force is by far the best awards and judging platform I have used. Once you understand it and how the modules integrate with each other, it is ridiculously smooth and easy to use. Only the other day, I set up my next season. The longest part was inputting the name. Adding entries is quick and smooth. Modifying or cloning takes seconds. The judging platform is very comprehensive...

Cons

Can't think of anything....the only two tiny little things: 1. The PDF headers can be a bit overwhelming (it would be nice if we could resize them) 2. Could do with extending the broadcast facility a bit so that you can filter who you send messages to more But I stress these are tiny little issues that do not actually affect my work

Great All round system and support

Award Force for me is the complete package, ease of is second to none and the options available within the system will cater for awards small or large, simple or complicated. Level of support is brilliant with personal service and quick turnaround. Which is a must for Award event & program managers.

Pros

The software can be customised to suite various award types as a result is versatile. It's certainly great for awards programs with multiple awards under different categories. It is easy to use and modify even after set up. Good reporting capabilities and great dashboard. Many options for judging of awards and can include different rounds as well. Good branding opportunities within the system, whether it be for your own awards program or your sponsors & partners. From the research I have done this system is the best and is priced well. The level of support available is great whether and you get to speak to a real person, from initial set and an ongoing basis. Many others don't offer this level of support.

Cons

There really isn't anything I don;t like about it. It more than suits my needs.

Wow, thanks Chris! The team really appreciated your positive words. We promise to continue to deliver on the value and support you've come to expect from Award Force.

Amazing and professional, with great support team.

More entries than expected and we saved a lot of administrative fees. Their support team is very helpful and fast in responding, which was a big plus for us.

Pros

For our Biennial of Slovenian Design we needed an intuitive and adjustable system. We were hoping to make administrative processes more efficient. After a detailed e-call, we were confident that we will be working with professionals who understand their clients. They translated the system in our language: it has only 2 mill. users, and has characteristics that are hard to work into english-based interfaces....

Cons

Some specific features didn't have a lot of flexibility but we managed to go around it with their help.

Award Force Review

Pros

Award Force easily has the best customer support I have experienced with a product. They were timely in returning my calls and emails, and were extremely helpful in helping me customise the product for my organisational needs. Having been new to the software this year, I was able to be quickly become confident in my use of the product. The platform had zero technical issues even upon launch. I had no reports of any difficulties of users logging on or submitting entries. The reports generated from the entries were very fast and provided a high level of detail which I was able to analyse for my organisational requirements.

Cons

At times it was a bit difficult to locate the appropriate field when trying to make a change/text edit to the platform. This is when I would contact support and they were able to identify where I could make the change. Other than that, the other improvements identified were less about the system itself and more about how we could customise it next year to better suit our organisational needs - e.g. extra fields.

A fantastic platform from which to run our annual awards program

Use of this software has greatly eased our administrative processes in managing our annual awards program. It has greatly improved the entry process for entrants.

Pros

Having previously run our annual awards program via submission of hard copy entries from entrants in 2017 we moved to use Award Force software - allowing us to build a custom online platform via which entrants could submit their entry portfolios, and we could easily manage the process from the back end/administrative end of the entry portal. A seamless operation - and very easy to use - allowing us...

Loving this program!

It is easy to use. The help articles and videos are also really good.

Pros

We used a different program for three years for my association. It became harder to use each year. After helping two other associations on judging their awards, we got to work on Award Force and really loved it. So when our three year contract was done with the other program, we switched to Award Force. We love how easy it is to work with and also how all of the content is arranged for the administrators. We only started the process in 2020. We created our awards program, opened the awards and people started submitting their entries. Then COVID hit and we cancelled the awards. But up to that point, we did not have any problems. Oh - and our other program did not have a shopping cart. For our members, this was a game changer.

Cons

Nothing so far. We are just starting our second year with the program and did not get to the judging part last year due to COVID. But many of us have been on the judging side for other associations who also have Award Force and it was easy.