bike.rent Manager Logo

bike rentals with frictionless software

bike.rent Manager Reviews - Page 3

PS

Philip S.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Good with some potential improvements

Good from desktop but weak from Smart Phone

Pros

Affordable and inventory very easy to update

Cons

Smart phone compatibility issues as my business is based on mobile deliveries

OE

Oliver E.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Plug and play

It was really a tool to get online booking live for us. Havent used a lot of the other functionality yet but that will come in time. Overall its been very good for a small business and looks to have good potential as we grow.

Pros

Pretty easy to set up and use "out of the box" - I didn't want to have to become a software developer and BRM was pretty easy to implement for someone who isnt an IT person.

Cons

Processing payments is a bit confusing. For a smaller fleet, I had to use workarounds to manage our inventory as i wanted to. Reservations view isnt really compatible with a laptop screen.

JM

Jeff M.

Great solution for bike shops

We're a small shop but do a big rental business. We really needed a comprehensive system that was within our price range, and BRM was the answer. We've been using it for a year now and it has improved our efficiency greatly, plus the Online Booking Wizard has reduced our workload tremendously. I was going to give only 4 stars for ease of use, but I have to say that simplicity hinders flexibility;...

Cons

Hi Jeff, many thanks for the kind words, and great review. We've got some good innovations coming for 'ease of use' too, to try and earn a real 5*!

JS

Jean Sebasrien L.

Sports, 1-10 employees

Amazing service and product!

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team at Bike Rental Manager were very fast and efficient in getting my Fatbike rental business up and running.

Cons

Didn't find anything so far, it is very user friendly and on the occasions that I had a difficult time with certain features [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team were very fast and helpful to help me out.

Hi Jean Sebastien, many thanks for your kind words. It has been a pleasure working with you so far and we wish you and your Fatbike business the best of luck moving forward!

Alex Jose Angel O.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Best out there

100% commitment. They solve problems and everything works!

Pros

Easy to understand, not to complex! I managed to be online up and running in 1 day!

Cons

The user interface can be more "adaptive" when you resize windows some buttons can be hidden.

Hi Alex, many thanks for the kind words. Appreciate the feedback about 'adaptive / responsive' behaviour on all screen sizes. We will continue to make improvements in that area. As ever if you have any specific suggestions / feedback feel free to reach out to the team. Happy Renting!

sw

samuel w.

Five stars across the board for good reason!

BRM has taken what was a menial and time consuming task and streamlined it into a simple and flexible platform that puts convenience at your fingertips and time back on the clock. Their software is easy to learn and has helped push my rental business to the next level. It's allowed me to easily integrate the choices both my clients and I need directly through my site and thus the power in the hands...

Cons

Hey Sam, many thanks for your very kind words! We'll continue to strive to make it even better rental platform, for renters and shops. Doug

OO

Ondrej O.

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Does what we need and the support is great

Brm allows us to offer customers smooth and easy experience doing their online booking, as well as a quick in store booking interface. The most critical ux facing the customer has minimal obstacles.

Pros

Smooth work flow after using the software for a while. Web interface and user experience on the front end is great, and it does a lot of work you wouldn't think of for you. Support is amazing too.

Cons

Searching for settings or features can be a bit tricky, the ux is constantly improving but still has some ways to go.

PR

Paul R.

We use BRM for our extensive hire fleets across 5 locations

We have been using and developing BRM for our stores for the last 3 years or so and can say we are getting on well with the system utilizing most of its features now. Really does a good job of booking out our bikes in advance and on the day of what can be really busy at times, keeping and over view of the service schedules and usage of each asset. Reasonably quick for staff to use on the day with...

Cons

Hi Paul, many thanks for your kind words, we are striving to make it even easier to use!

AO

Ashleigh O.

Sports, self-employed

Brilliant Service

Brilliant. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is great.

Pros

It is set up in a way that makes it very intuitive to use.

Cons

Only because my business is different to other bike hire businesses, it would be good to have inventory management capabilities that deal with the complexities of the different services my company offers. Therefore meaning the meta model in place enables both bicycles and bicycle accessories to have a one-to-many relationship to the various service packages offered.

AT

Andy T.

Best investment any rental business can make!

I wish we would have known about BRM years ago, it has completely changed our rental business! At first we were just thrilled at how nice it was to be able to see live inventory and have an accurate rental inventory at all times. Recently we added the online booking feature to our website and started using the EVO self registration in store, the results have been amazing! The amount of reservations have dramatically increased allowing us to be better prepared for each day, and the self registration system makes walk-in rentals faster and more efficient than any process we have ever tried. The bottom line is, BRM saves us hours of work everyday while at the same time resulting in by far, the best rental experience we have ever been able to offer.

Cons

Hey guys, many thanks for your kind words! We look forward to making it even better...

OV

Olivier V.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

New Customer Review

Pros

The product is built to serve a specialist market -- and therefore the designers often know the issues ahead better than new customers. This and the.simplocity of set up have helped a great deal.

Cons

'd like to see more customer service / communication features like SMS , whatapp or Facebook messenger integration. But I gather it's on the roadmap.

TS

Tanner S.

Sporting Goods, 51-200 employees

Good company

Pros

Multiple Locations is an incredible feature that has worked well for us as well as the online booking ability.

Cons

I would really benefit with a customer support phone number for issues that arise that need to be fixed right away. the help ticket works but is slow and my issues wont get resolved until at least the next day.

OO

Onno O.

Great tool to lend many bikes

Pros

easy to use, great support, nice staff, We have been looking for a long time to get a software like this, which specializes in the bicycle rental. Keep it up

Cons

It would be nice if there were all menu items in German. Then the incorporation of employees would be a little faster. But you can not have everything ;-) We are happy so far!

CP

Cody P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Well laid out

Pros

I like how simple the tabs are on the side

Cons

I’ve just started using it and mostly use the maintenance tab so not much to comment

Hi Cody, many thanks for the kind words. If you do want any help with the maintenance tab, or anything else, please do reach and we can supply training. Happy Renting!

JK

James K.

I can finally stop pulling my hair out!

BRM has allowed me to take all the information I used to juggle around in my old calendars, spreadsheet (and brain...argh!) and feed it into a very powerful tool that lets me focus on providing a great service to my rental customers. The developers are ever-improving the software and provide excellent and timely customer service. Now that BRM is integrated with Lightspeed Retail, revenue is streamlined with our retail bike store. Many thanks to the BRM team!!

Cons

Hey James, many thanks for your kind words. So nice to hear "....powerful tool that lets me focus on providing a great service to my rental customers" That's exactly what we set out to do!

CP

Carl P.

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Program review

Overall a good program and concept, however not everyone in our shop was able to understand the system

Pros

Only allows available bikes to be reserved.

Cons

Difficult to tell what bikes I have available for same day use. Had trouble getting the online to reserve same day.

LY

Luke Y.

Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees

Got me up and running fast

It's been great and now I get the hang of it I find it very easy and reliable. No paper or fuss. Keeps track of all my bookings. Easy to edit. Stoked to work with you folks. Looking forward to automation!

Pros

User friendly, customisable. Response rate. Backup. Pricing. Online booking system for mobile

Cons

Sometimes confusing

LS

Lauren S.

Sports, 201-500 employees

BRM survey answers

The opportunity for people to be sure that they will have gear waiting for them is very important to us.

Pros

The ease of use once you get started. Good

Cons

Being able to get answers to questions a bit sooner.

KK

Kerstin K.

still I think I just use 30% of the possibilities the software offers. It offers all I need

Cons: - not multilingual - I can only use the software for renting bikes, if I sell something (e.g. bike clothing) I need a different software (causes difficulties in the accounting. How to invoice: 1 rent of bike + 1 bike jersey? Have to do it seperately Pros: - good service - fast overview - good to handle

Cons

Many thanks Kerstin for the great review! Just a note to say that the online part is multi-lingual - English, French, German & Spanish so far. Correct, we don't currently support retail within BRM, but retail-lite is coming winter 2016!

GC

Grace C.

Excellent

BRM is simple and easy to use and is the efficient way of managing your bike rental system. I have found that for a small rental company out in the pacific, it makes monitoring and managing inventory hassle free and the customer service and technical assistance is beautiful - screenshot your problem with an email to them and they respond instantly. Thank you BRM!

Cons

Hi Grace, many thanks for your kind words. Its great to hear nice words about our support - it is something we work very hard on and place great importance on. thanks, Doug

RG

Reuben G.

Retail, 51-200 employees

yeah good yeah

awesome!

Pros

Good for renting bikes good for maintain our demo fleet too

Cons

few floors on the portal its self e.g limiting rented amounts per day.

MG

Michelle G.

outstanding service and responsiveness to client needs

in a sector that requires very specialist knowledge, BRM is the only package that does precisely what it says on the tin. software for managing a fleet of rental bikes. developers respond quickly to issues and functionality is being enhanced constantly.

Cons

Hi Michelle, many thanks for your kind words. We are also striving to get a 5 in the ease of use box! we are constantly working to improve the user experience, so please continue to send in any suggestions. Doug

CD

Cassie D.

Answer to all of our problems!

This has been great for sorting out our hire and demo fleet. It took a little bit to get used to and we had a few teething problems but now I don't know how was survived without it! Would recommend it to any bike shop or hire bike company.

Cons

Thanks Cassie for the great review! Really glad to hear it's been so helpful for your business.

AT

Andro T.

Great software for bike shops

Easy navigation, control of payments, overview of rentals, calendar view.. Basically very user friendly software ideal for bike rental companies.

Cons

Hi Andro, many thanks for taking the time to do a review, and for your kind words.