Booqable Reviews

Pros

Overall a very good and intuitive rental program at an affordable price with great support.

Useful and super helpful product for organizing the rental services we offer in our shop.

Mor ann Y.

Scott C.

Christopher G.

So far that is my main complaint. It is only designs for a brick and mortar shop when so many rental shops are online now.

Jeanne S.

Jorien L.

Just the equipment management software I've been dreaming of

Time savings and management. Simple as that.

Pros

Number 1 - Customer support. I've never dealt with a company who works with you on such a personal level and takes care of basically anything you ask for. These guys are true professionals. After that, its all still so great. The fact that I can manage my inventory, while also populating my website and show what equipment is available to rent saves me an insane amount of time. On top of that, it's integrated with quoting and invoicing. You work out of one database and are able to use it over multiple uses. It honestly couldn't be easier or time saving.

Cons

There aren't many issues that I have with this software. One of things I brought up was to have the calendar subscription for iCal or Google Calendar show not only the Reserved items, but also what items are Concepts. The built in calendar works great when you're on a computer. But when I need to use my mobile, I generally look to my Google Calendar to get a quick glance of whats going on. Going on all of that, a stand alone app would be great as well. These aren't really cons, just things that would improve the experience.

Thanks for the compliments Justin, both on our rental software and our team, that means a lot to us :-) Regarding the calendar; we just released an update that should make it a lot easier to see the status of your orders on the go. Hope that helps! Cheers!

The Best Bike Rental Management & Booking Software

If you're a rental business, go with Booqable. You won't regret it. We get tremendous feedback from our customers on the ease of using our site and the online booking capabilities. The backend makes managing rentals a breeze! You can see my implementation at https://www.napleselectricbikes.com.

Pros

Booqable is absolutely amazing! The online booking integration is hands down the most seamless and intuitive for the consumer/user. I love that we were able to create an online checkout process that felt inline with other e-commerce platforms but in a rental environment. This functionality reduces the friction to booking online and increases the experience before the customer even touches your products. The backend calendar and inventory management is a delight to work with and the payment integration with Stripe is seamless. Honestly, this software is extremely well thought out and is perfect for rental businesses.

Cons

There aren't any cons to this platform. They are constantly adding new features and offer superb customer service.

Easy to use hire/rental booking system

Booqable has solved our previous issue of third party web developers creating custom solutions that require constant projects to build out extra features or fix errors. Booqable is a cheaper option that contains the functions we need. I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] about the functionality with Booqable and he gave us confidence in the product enough to make the switch.

Pros

Out of the box, this system does everything. No complex projects with web developers.

Cons

It would be great if the coupon code part of the site was more advanced - i.e. coupon code only applies during particular dates, with particular products and excludes a category of products

Great for rental business, but lacks nuance

It really is great software for helping rental businesses manage their inventory online, and allows customers to shop and reserve those rental items. However, it lacks a bit of nuance and forces you to find work-arounds if you need something that isn't strictly for rentals. Also a huge turn off is the lack of security deposit feature, which seems ridiculous to me.

Pros

This software does a great job providing solutions for rental businesses. My client originally had a Woo Commerce account connected to her site to help manage her rental business, and it was basically one big work around. Woo Commerce had a rental option, but it clearly wasn't built for the rental business and was insanely expensive. Booqable solved this and provides great, easy to use software for renting out items to businesses.

Cons

It lacks nuance - for example, it has no feature to take security deposits. Customers either have to pay for their whole order up front, or you have to invoice them for the security deposit and then for the final payment...for a rental business, this seems silly. Booqable help says they will "take my suggestion" for further development. For payments, you either have to turn payments on checkout on...

Thanks for your honest feedback, Jessie. We appreciate your thoughts on the security deposit and payment features. I can share some more info with you about the development of down payments. It's almost ready for release. Keep an eye on your changelog, as we're planning on shipping within a month. Stay tuned :)

A-LOT of software for the money!

Best bang for your buck rental software. Easily used by me and my customers, once you're familiar. Significantly reduced my workload and increased the legitimacy of my business.

Pros

Booqable is a life-saver. Being a small business that isnt available 24/7, I was missing out on rental orders that came in at times we were not available. Having a free online webstore that allows my customers to book orders 24/7/365 has reduced our work load, and increased our sales. This has put us on the map.

Cons

I wish there was a way customers could upload documents - i.e, a picture of their driver's license. Or, a way that they could sign a contract prior to booking an order as opposed to just Accepting the Terms and Conditions.

Easy to onboard and use rental software

Great overall experience. It has enabled us to start a rental business from scratch and gross 6k in our first 6 weeks of business.

Pros

The ease of on boarding and use is great. I was able to setup inventory items and spin up a storefront within minutes. But what I like most about Booqable is its Zapier integration and ability to embed store components directly into my Squarespace site. The Zapier integrations are fantastic - this enables me to connect to Google Contacts, QuickBooks, Salesmsg and MailChimp to name a few.

Cons

There’s not many things I don’t like, but if I could have a wishlist, here is what I’d ask for: IOS App - we are so mobile these days, and trying to use a desktop oriented website on a smartphone is challenging. Better reporting - I would like to split out my “written” sales from my “delivered” sales so that I know how much money I’ve truly earned versus the money I’ve not yet earned. This is because all of our rentals are booked well ahead of time.

Best system on the market

Stress free compared to other systems. It covers everything you need to manage products and is very intuitive to use.

Pros

Ease of use and having thing required for my business.

Cons

That it is marketed so well, I fear my competition may start using it.

Less time spent with order taking, more with marketing and sales!

We were using wave before, Booqable is much easier to use, more powerful and does more esp our inventory tracking system.

Pros

Ease of use for an digital immigrant, old gal, like me. In our lawn greeting sign business, being able to track inventory is essential

Cons

I often forget to save the link insert with the price quote. could it be automatically saved

Easy, quick, and effective!

It has been very great and easy the past few months!

Pros

Booqable was the best software for our booking system. It was very straightforward to use and was set up very quickly.

Cons

It would be best if more colours could be customised and the website design could be changed.

Booqable Helps us organize our rental business

It has been a good experience as our business grows. We really need the package integration and faster customer support (it has been promised to us for almost 2 years) Overall it has been an easy to use flexible program and we do like it.

Pros

I like the cloud application allowing us to use it anywhere on any device. We use it on iPads on the rental floor, laptops and desktops on our network. The tracking is good for knowing what gear is available or not. generating invoices, quotes, etc are very well done.

Cons

Needs much better integration for package creation. We offer items both individually and as part of a package with extremely high values ($100,000+ per package) and we need to be able to track every component of a package separately. We hate losing a small piece that may cost $1000 or more and we didn't have it barcoded in separately on a check out. Also it has a hard time integrating with Quickbooks and other accounting software. This would be a big improvement. We also want it to have different levels of user interface. We don't need the rental prep techs to see pricing but want them to be able to check in and out gear.

Booqable for Small Business

I am now finding myself taking phone calls and having to manually put customer information into booqable manually vs. them going through the website, which is not only more work for me, I am wondering how many customers I am losing because the interface for my customers is bulky and not user friendly. The price is also really expensive for a small business like myself, I rent out kayaks locally (only...

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and I was able to build it directly into my website. I loved how easy it was to setup with stripe payments and get started. It only took me about a half of a day to get fully implemented and have a fully functioning website up and running.

Cons

User interface for the customers is extremely bulky and non-customizable. After the customers are redirected to the booqable interface to add to card, checkout, pictures, checkout dates, etc. just seemed like a bulky and hard to use the first time I used it. This is extremely important in my business because my it heavily relies on new customers trying out different kayaks, I am trying to turn potential...

Simple, powerful rental software with fantastic customer service.

Pros

We are a small AV events company that needed a streamlined rental tracking solution. I looked around and did several free trials and Booqable came out on top. The platform is very easy to use, and being cloud-based means we can use it in various locations with ease (we're based on the Gold Coast so we often like to take laptops to the beach to work!) For us, a huge pro is how easily you can take...

Cons

There are features I'd love to have, but of course no software caters to everyone's needs, and Booqable is very reasonably priced. So the following aren't really cons, but just our dream additions to an already fantastic platform. At present there is no packages feature to bundle products together, but this is in the late stages of development so will hopefully be released soon. I'd also love...

Brilliant rental software paired with unprecedented support (it's like magic).

Faster processing of rental orders and good integration with our website

Pros

Booqable's rental software is intuitive, powerful and very fast. Being a browser based system running on the AWS cloud makes it secure and work smoothly, no matter from where we are using it. Planning a rental, printing a rental agreement in front of a client or creating an invoice is just a matter of a few clicks. The modern UI of the program makes it really easy to understand and use. Our associates...

Cons

Specific to our unique business segment, we are still missing a few extra features. These include reports, warehousing locations and package building. We are confident that these features will follow as part of the ongoing development of the system and the Booqable team have assured us that they will be available shortly.

Thank you so much for the kind words, Jonathan, and for mentioning our support team. It means a lot to us! We promise to continue to make Booqable the best Rental Software out there!

Best customer service and easy to use!

It is great and would highly recommend it! Well priced for the functionality, genuine customer service and easy to use. It's also the sort of place I'd like to work if I was in the right country :)

Pros

1. It just works and is easy/intuitive to use 2. Integrates seamlessly with Weebly website 3. The customer service is best in class, the chat is right there, and it's a handful of knowledgeable and helpful team members who are there often instantly or within a few hours with a personalised response. you're really chatting with someone with a vested interest in the business and get to know them by name. Oh and they actually help fixing the issue too, most of the time :) 4. Regular software updates that actually make a difference, based on customer feedback

Cons

There are some glitches and business rules that doesn't quite suit how we work, especially around quoting and invoice creation. I'd like a bit more flexibility here. Would like to see integration with other website providers too, as I picked Weebly only because it worked so well with Booqable (and it really does), but now I'm subject to the functionality in Weebly. It would also be good with add on packs for reporting, analytics or other functionality for smaller businesses without needing to upgrade to fullblown corporate membership. I'm a small business but have a lot going on, but can't justify going to the upper pricing to get the bundles and other extras.

Affordable Solution with Webstore, Barcodes & Very Cool to Use

My experience has been excellent from setting it up, to processing orders & the service team is very responsive.

Pros

Online store was a must. There's very few affordable packages that do this so that really narrowed the field which is surprising because it's 2020 not 2005. It's very easy to use, looks modern, is easy to read & works the way you expect. Barcoding is a great feature. The Pro subscription has unlimited products & 5 users which is just right for our company. My warehouse manager loves it too. Support has been excellent & I was able to integrate it with my Wordpress site.

Cons

The only minor thing was that I was limited in what fields I could import & can't modify products in bulk but that's only an issue when you first set it up.

Booqable works well for our business

We are happy with booqable for the rental part of our business. It does what it needs to do and for the things that are not working as desired (yet!), we can work around it with some help from the booqable team! Customer service is excellent and quick. Easy to get in contact with and friendly from the start.

Pros

After set-up you can immediately use it and it has a clear overview of features in the backend. It does what it needs to do and is very customizable to your needs. We have a very specific product for rent and it needs to run next to our normal online store.

Cons

Not all of our employees understand what's happening in the program and they do make mistakes when handling an order. So the ease of use is not for everyone as easy as I thought. It runs next to our online store, so you see 2 shopping baskets on the page which is sometimes confusing. I'm very happy that the new feature 'Locations' is in Beta, this is one of the features I've been waiting for. There are still some other features I'm waiting for but until then: we can work around it!

Life Saver

It was definitely tough to get setup and had to learn a lot BUT now that it is setup I love it. I make the recommendation to all the other franchises out there to use this system. I use the Stripe integration as well and that's been pretty great. I have a "wish list" in the other part of my review but that will only make what I already have that much better.

Pros

I have my whole team using this and have actually coached other franchises on how to use it as well. Once it is set up then it's fantastic. I have accidentally double booked myself and was SO SURE I hadn't but the system stopped me. After I got done cursing out the software I had to apologize - it was right and I was wrong :( HAHA but that's what it is there for!

Cons

I wish delivery services were more integrated and flexible. I also would love a contract signature plugin like Docusign or something. We have to use and track that separately and it would be great to have it on the reservation level. The online booking calendar is a bit rough from the user standpoint. I wish there was an app as well instead of the mobile version on your phone. Lastly, I wish it integrated with google calendars better than the Zapier option to create calendar invites for deliveries or pickups. We do service and installation of products as well so we can't exclusively use the booqable calendar for our drivers or we might double book a service and a rental at the same time.

Incomplete

I am in Canada. Booqable is in the Netherlands. If you are not online with them by 10am, it is the end of the day for them and you wait for the next day. I asked about this and was told it was a small team and be patient. Some chat inquiries, even during the normal business hours for them, can take a hours to get a reply. It seems to me that they either have too few people for the business they have, or there are too many issues with the app and everyone needs support all the time. In the end, after months of work, I had to cancel and start again with another app.

Pros

The idea of what this software can do is appealing.. it seems to include all the features needed for a clean integration with Shopify, for example. The online booking and payment capture is slick and simple.

Cons

Unfortunately, this app is simply not fully functional, and the discovery of that came at a very high price. My application involved listing products for rent, setting up the pricing, time frames, images, descriptions, etc. Then it went live, and only then (3 months of work) did I learn that the client interface is incomplete, and does not work. Essentially, each online order would need to be manually...

Easy to use and manages all our needs

The system does a great job ensuring we do not overbook our products. It's very easy to see what we have reserved, picked up, and available. Entering new reservations is fast - this is very important when you have someone on the phone or standing in front of you as a walk in. Searching for availability is also very quick - again important during busy times.

Pros

I researched many different applications to support our growing rental business. We rent a combination of Golf Carts, Kayaks, Paddleboards, bikes, and games. This system was by far the easiest to implement and use, and the price is very good. I ran this system in dual with our older method and within 2 weeks of testing, completely switched over. We are in our busiest time right now and the system is running like a champ.

Cons

There is no immediate support option. Support can take a few hours to respond. Fortunately, we have had no technical issues, only questions that were not urgent.

Feels like it was made for me

Rental inventory management, tracking and online rental portal administration

Pros

Booqable was straightforward to set up and flexible enough to cover most of our needs - the trial period was generous enough for me to learn my way around the interface and get most of my inventory entered, so I effectively didn't even pay for Booqable until after I started making money with it. Plus, it's very affordable compared to other inventory management products, and those don't even have the...

Cons

Booqable doesn't handle everything I need it to yet, there's still a couple features missing to handle some of my oddball, fringe rental items. That being said, the team at Booqable is very easy to communicate with and have tipped me off that the last couple features I need are being worked on right now, so hopefully soon I can update this review to reflect that.

Pros

It's very inuitive and easy to use. It has almost all the features you need to address your needs when it comes to equiment rental. The UI is clean and the program gets updated regulary. Booqable is the perfect tool for our rental operations. Although a stand alone application would be nice, we don't really miss it. The webbased version allows us to service customers, even when on the road. It's the best buy on the market if you are renting stuff.

Cons

Nothing that prevents us from working with Booqable, but there are some nice-to-haves that we would appreciate, such as the possibility to pull a list with all products that will leave on a certain day, so you can prepare all the goods in advance, without having to print each and every picking list individually.

Great Product, Excited for Future Updates

This product helped us create a customer friendly, web based rental platform.

Pros

This program is easy to set-up. I'm guessing that training my staff will be very simple also. The ability to have different pricing structure is great, tags make it simple to search for products, and customer tags will allow us to assign discounts and track when those discounts expire. Overall this product fits nearly all of our needs. The service from the Booqable team has been amazing. The team is open to hearing our needs, and made it clear that they have additional features in the works! The price of Booqable is great. It does a lot, but doesn't cost a lot.

Cons

Things that could be improved: Additional payment gateways. We prefer Authorize.net... when working at an institution, it's a pain to get additional payment gateways approved. Adding packages. Many rental places use packages to provide deals... this feature will hopefully be coming soon. A way for customers to self identify they type of customer they are would be nice. We provide pricing based on a customers classification. We are working to educate our customers of the pricing... this has to be done on our rental home screen. One more improvement would be a store with some customization. I plan to host our rentals on a separate page, however, it would be nice to direct them to the Booqable store instead.

Affordable and easy to use!

Pros

Booqable keeps track of our inventory and reservations, customer information and financials on an easy to navigate webpage. Automatically having our inventory updated with each new order eliminates shortages and double-bookings! I like that you can use Booqable anywhere - just by logging in on any device! It is very easy to use and provides many great features for an extremely low price compared to other Rental Equipment software.

Cons

It took quite some time to get everything set up (all of my inventory and their specific settings). Some features are only unlocked when you pay for an upgraded plan.

Fits the needs of my camera rental company better than anything out there, with support to match.

Pros

It took a long time to find rental management software and when we found Booqable it wasn't perfect, but the staff was very communicative and listened to our needs. They would very quickly send out new builds with features that we requested, and continued to improve day to day. It wasn't long before everything we needed was there, along with a lot of other features that we didn't even know we needed, and that improved our business. These days, you often see apps come and go, and support emails go unanswered, but with Booqable I feel that they are there to help and improve constantly. So what do I like most about the software? It does everything I need it to, but most importantly, the people behind it are A+.

Cons

Booqable is a life saver!

Excellent! Tracking of orders to avoid over booking is fabulous! I have been using this product for over 3 years. I love watching the product grow and streamling processes just keeps on getting better.

Pros

The standout feature for this product was affordability and the easy use of tracking inventory. I had searched the internet thoroughly then stumbled across this product and was very excited. Quotes and Invoices are laid out very professionally and I love the use of the email templates when sending quotes etc. these are a time saver.

Cons

Linking in an accounting software that could stream line my tax returns at the end of the financial year, Not sure if this is achievable as i am based in Australia. In saying that i still find it very easy to manage my book work.