Brilliant Directories Reviews

Brilliant Directories

All-in-one directory & member management software

Brilliant Directories

Review Summary

Pros

After having muddled through other similar software's, this one is like a breath of fresh air. Amazingly easy to use , robust, rich of features and incredible support.

Ray J.

Brilliant Directories provides the total package when it comes to software for directories. They have the most innovative and user friendly options and features available.

Andrew J.

Luis R.

Cons

However, when you receive an email from someone who you have just spoken to on the phone that has no relation to the phone call, it comes across as a little fake.

G E.

Victoria B.

Customer support is below average with no customer orientation. One of the incidences where they did not accept a bug that led to a loss.

Wow, does this have lots of features...

Love it

Pros

But they are sort of the Feature Creep situation where by adding all things -- and they have a program where if we help design a new feature we can get a royalty....

Cons

Sort of complicate -- could have a better series for onboarding -- like here's a series or 12 Videos to watch -- like 10 minute videos.

Love it for two big reasons!

Loving it and loved the service. Super quick and responsive service.

Pros

There were two reasons I bought Brilliant Directories within hours of discovering it! Firstly, the software itself was far better than any other directory I had found by far (including the horrible experience of trying to build one on Wordpress with ListingPro). Secondly, the service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]called me within minutes of my inquiry and patiently walked me through the platform. She was super clear and very helpful and I "walked" away with 3 licenses!

Cons

Nothing yet - I am still building it but it's clear to me that is is excellent.

Customer Service

Pros

I'm a huge fan of organizations that have great teams. I am just now diving into the software and thus far it's been pretty easy to use. More importantly, the team has been great to work with. As an owner of a software company myself - customer service is something I am big on. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the BD team have been a pleasure to work with.

Cons

I have nothing to complain about at this time.

Starting your directory reality for the Entrepreneur

Pros

I really loved the fact that, budget didn't stop me from purchasing the software. They will work with you as long as you keep an open dialogue of communication. You are able to see a demo of the software before purchase. The website is fresh with good quality webpages, and does not look mediocore. You are offered all the comforts of a basic directory website for users attempting to get started. For...

Cons

Has video tutorials with how to do's that so not reflect current software uprgrades, so when watching the tutorials on how to do certain functions it does not match your version which can be very confusing for someone who does not know much about computer software. Videos are time consuming, to learn each function. If you make any errors on spelling trying to remember how to get to that part of the...

It´s really a great product

Pros

First, it was the perfect option that we need for our real estate directory/membership website. It´s just intuitive and simple to use, I bet if you have no experience in web design and I ask you to craft something within a couple of hours, without using the tool ever, you will be able to get something. And all of the add-ons, OMG! That´s what I love the most, almost everything that you can think to add to your brand new website is there. Now, something I admire is that BD openly invites you to compare their product and services with other options, and that´s not something that all companies do, for me, that says a lot of trust and confidence of what they have to offer and that makes me feel I am with the right company.

Cons

To get the UX and UI to the next level you need a coder. But that doesn´t mean it is not good, it means that if you want to add a functionality that you don´t see or if you want to give it a totally different design, then you can get a coder to work on it.

These guys are truly passionate about letting normal people own productive and customisable websites

I managed to create a website which allows me to work from home and make some extra money to help with the bills. I created a top-notch website with no knowledge of programming or coding, thanks to the great work done behind the scenes by everyone involved with Brilliant Directories. They are truly passionate about their work, and it shows.

Pros

My previous website built by another company started falling to pieces due to the fact that the programmers wanted to charge me an arm and a leg for every comma or full stop I needed to add. I could not do any alterations myself, even though they had promised that I would own the code. In the end, I lost all my google rankings and it became ineffective. I was about to lose all my members and 3 years...

Cons

Even though Brilliant Directories offer website templates for most types of businesses, varying from Yellow pages type, to Real Estate to Events to Jobs, if you have a website concept that doesn't fit exactly into a template, then you need to do some customisation. For this you need to pay extra. The learning curve increases the more different your concept varies from the templates. There are so...

Out of the box directory business model

The fact that I can test my business model is very good. I was able to quickly get a directory site up and working while I was planning other aspects of my business like the marketing etc...

Pros

With Brilliant Directories, it's very easy to get a directory business up running very quickly. It has so many templates to choose from to suit your business needs. There are so many ways you can customize your site. From the colors to fonts etc... Also, I believe that its very SEO friendly for not just me the admin but other businesses who list their business on the site. Looks very professional.

Cons

Few things I don't like. 1. Brilliant Directories hosts your websites for you. I would've liked to host my sites on my own servers. 2. Some of the VIP add-ons could've been given on the frontend for free. Just simple things like social logins should've been free. 4. Businesses can't seem to create their own categories. We the admin of the site have to create these. Would so much better if the businesses created the categories & sub-categories and these get added to the search functionality. 3. Nothing to help retain your users. Something like a built-in customer loyalty program would be really helpful to keep users coming back.

Best software to build a business directory

Pros

All the tools needed to launch a directory in same day

Cons

More payment gateway options which works in recurring payments is missing. More design of layouts of home, search results and members profile pages required to match today's need..

Great software great service

Pros

The customer service is awesome they walk you through every issue that comes up with patience and professionalism

Cons

I don't like that a lot of the self help videos are difficult to find. What I'm looking for never seems to come up in the search

Great company overall. Would highly recommend!

Pros

Very intuitive software Great customer service

Cons

lots of moving parts to learn if you're not experienced.

Brilliant and Caring!!!!

I'm grateful that I found brilliant directories, the fact that the support team is so patient, understanding, and eager to help my business grow is amazing. I feel like I not only found a great product, but I'm a part of a business family that's down to earth, and genuinely want my business to be successful. I'll never forget what Jason did for me, for anyone to take the time to give valuable help and advice at no cost says a lot to me about that person's character. I'm just so thankful to have found a company that's not all about just making a quick buck off of you, but that really wants to see your business succeed. Thank you so much Jason, and the entire support team, you guys are AWESOME!!!!!

Pros

I like most about this product is the ease of the video tutorials, and the prompt response from the support teams, they really helped me set up my directory with minimal stress.

Cons

I don't like that I'm not able to understand the development side of the software. Things that I'd like to implement into my site I'm not able to, because I don't know how to read codes, and scripts.

Hi Doris. We can't thank you enough for your amazing feedback. We're thrilled that you've been successful with the software. Regarding the major customizations that may require some coding, we hear your complaints. This is our development teams number one priority at the moment. We truly do appreciate your honest review. It's what helps us continue to improve the software for our amazing users like yourself :)

Good software, but must know HTML, CSS and Javascript to get the full benefit

There was definitely a learning curve with this software. I was not aware that so much HTML knowledge was necessary. Even the support is answered in a way that tells you to go in and change some HTML, which I think is misleading. I am not that knowledgeable in programming languages and I'm finding it difficult to go in and make some of the changes I need to make. The term 'widget' is also misleading....

Pros

I like the payment features, especially the fact that members can upgrade their plan on their own. I also like that the software comes with payment processing built right in. The geolocation is also a great feature.

Cons

As I stated above, too much programming knowledge is needed to get the full use of the software. I think future updates need to address this issue and help make it more user-friendly. Also, it is difficult sometimes to find where you need to go to make certain updates - the section titles are not clear.

Hi Victoria, thanks so much for your feedback! The Brilliant Directories platform was designed so that anyone, despite their experience level with HTML or CSS, can successfully launch and manage a directory website. While more complex edits and customizations do require the editing of some HTML or CSS, the majority of the website settings are either point-and-click or drag-and-drop. We truly do value your input and will be sure to keep your suggestions in mind for our future updates. Many of our upcoming updates do reflect your suggestions to incorporate even more point-and-click options that don't require any HTML or CSS knowledge. We love hearing what our users have to say so that we can continue making the platform even more easy to use. Thanks for the review!

The only Directory platform you'll want or need...

I wanted to open an online directory and did my research online. I didn't have alot of money or time and wanted something easy to setup without hours and dollars spent customising as i'm a perfectionist. Enter BrilliantDirectories.com I paid their comparatively tiny fee and placed the directory theme on my domain. The default theme is good but the ability to edit it is very easy so I spent a...

Pros

AFFORDABLE EASY TO USE NO COMPETITION GOOD TECHNICAL SUPPORT HIGH QUALITY TEMPLATES GOOD SEO RELIABLE SERVERS ALL BASES COVERED HIGHLY CUSTOMISABLE

Cons

NO CONS THAT COME TO MIND

Hi Paul, Thanks so much for the stunning review - we're glad your directory has taken off without a hitch! We understand how important good tech support is to our customers. We typically respond to tickets within 1 business day, though we do appreciate your understanding if it takes slightly longer. Our team is always just a click away to help make your dream website a reality. Cheers!

Confused by support emails and options

Have been getting regular emails about support. One that arrived the other day said would cost $2000. to set up my website, and want to know, how much of a setup is that? Will you find an appropriate template? Set colors? Upload my logo? Discuss with me and set options for membership levels? Discuss with me and upload categories from plan? Can you send me any links from websites you...

Cons

Hi Susan, Thank you for your message. We are always happy to help - especially if this is your first directory website with us. 99% of users can start customizing their sites with colors, images, text, membership levels and more after watching some of the GETTING STARTED video guides. Here's a link to find some easy video guides to show you how to set up all the aspects of your directory website....

Finally I have made a decision!

I have been looking for a platform for creating business software and its vendors directory. I analyzed many Word Press Directory Themes available on the market and decided not to compile my system from numerous plugins but to use integrated platform devoted for this purpose. After comparing Market Grabber, eDirectory and Brilliant Directories platforms I have chosen the last one. Pros: 1. Convenient...

Pros

1. Convenient directory structure. I will use Listing feature for Vendors and Product feature for software systems. 2. Continually developing leads generating module. 3. Perfectly developed users training and support system (videos, documentation, community forums').

Cons

1. There is not possible to set up hierarchical structure for products feature. 2. Products rating and review functionality is missing. 3. Not very flexible pricing setting system for different membership levels. It would be nice to set additional payments for every category and service area.

Hi Ceslovas. Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you've found our training and support resources helpful. We are constantly adding new material to our Support Center to make sure our users have as many resources at their disposal as possible. I also appreciate the cons you laid out - these help us improve the software. Regarding the pricing system for your different members, while individual membership levels are limited to the pricing options you set for them, you can create more niche/specific membership levels for certain categories or service areas. You can then set different payment options for those - just another option :) Thank you again for your feedback!!

My Great Experience with Brilliant Directories

It has been exceptional, I love the videos like I told representative, I stay up late at night just watch them. They are great educational tools. The conference calls are great because you get to learn from other entrepreneurs from all over the world. I didn't have that experience with the other company., or maybe they didn't stress it enough as Brilliant directory does. The other great experience I had in the last few days, is the call that I get from the owners of Brilliant directory, representative a co-owner calls me to congratulate me on my site. That tells me that they are paying attention to what new business owners are doing, it tells me that they are not just for our money, but also for the success of our business. That is key!

Pros

I really don't know where to start. There are so many great features that brilliant Directories offer. I love the different themes and ideas that the Brilliant Directory provides for me and my company. I have been with E-directory for several years, and I sometimes feel that they don't want to be bothered, on the other hand, I get the feeling that the owners and staff of Brilliant Directory make me feel that if they don't help us to succeed they won't succeed. That is a great attitude to have in any business. At first, it bothered me about the 15 minutes call they grant us, but after 2 sessions with Representative, he was able to show me how to build my site in less than 15 minutes.

Cons

Cons I can't speak of any. I haven't had any bad experience as of yet I don't foresee any, they are very organized with their product, knowledge, and training.

Great Software and Awesome costumer service but not efficient support

I signed up for the system because I can see the potential of the system but I am having difficulties in using more advanced setting due to lack of information and support. 3 stars for ease of Use and 1 star for Customer Support because it is easy mainly to do very basic things demonstrated with the videos provided. It was very easy for me to understand how to implement the menu and add new items...

Pros

I wrote in my feedback

Cons

Inefficient Customer support

Hi Cristina. Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We hear what you're saying and we will do everything we can to improve our customer support. Sometimes our support team gets a bit back logged when an influx of support tickets are submitted, but we are committed to our 24 hour-maximium response times. And while our users wait for a response, we do encourage them to browse our free support center which has hundreds of support documents and video tutorials, along with participating in our community forums. But I absolutely understand where you are coming from and we will be working to improve our customer support. We sincerely thank you for your honest feedback, it's what helps us make our product and support even better. Thank you!

Fantastic product, easy to use

Such a beautiful, practical product which you can start using straight away. The team at Brilliant Directories are terrific and there are many avenues to find support if you need it. Excellent value for money considering this is a complete website that you can start using to generate income after just a few steps. Navigation from both the back end and front end is easy, user friendly and fast. Easy to integrate with my existing wordpress site through links - I love that it is a stand alone product. Really happy!

Pros

How user friendly it is and the clean layout and design. I also like that it is a stand alone product. The features are comprehensive and I know will be excellent value for my customers.

Cons

The upload of the categories didn't work for me via the csv file however I am yet to discuss with the support team what I may have been doing wrong.

Hi Delyse. Thank you so much for your honest feedback. We are thrilled the software is working as needed. I completely understand where you are coming from regarding support and that is a major facet of the company that we are currently working to improve. Feedback like yours helps us in doing that. Thank you!

I highly recommend Brilliant Directories!

I have been with Brilliant Directories for several years. Their platform is the absolute best for running a powerful directory. Working with reps. is really phenomenal. It is really amazing to me that I can easily set up and run a powerful membership website. What I love the most about Brilliant Directories is their outstanding support staff, hundreds of online step-by-step videos, Webinar Wednesdays,...

Pros

Having the 50+ dynamic add-ons provides me a website comparable to those of billion dollar companies.

Cons

My experience with Brilliant Directories has been PERFECT.

If you are looking for a directory template or software, Brilliant Directories is all you need

I just want to thank you for the last 8 weeks working with all of you incredibly awesome people at BD. I want to thank you Dennis for finding a great yearly solution, the warm welcome, your vibrant and uplifting personality and your proactive 'it can be done' attitude. I want to thank Gaby for being an incredible first coach, you listened to every concern, always guided me in the right direction...

Cons

Honest Review - as requested.

Going to focus in the negative, which is probably want you want to hear. Before I start, I love your product and I'm looking forward to adding more directories in the future. OK, the bad stuff. 1. Reading through previous posts, over a year old I read that restricted access admins still cannot be created - this is essential to a large directory!! 2. Your offer to make a one off payment rather...

Pros

read previous

Cons

as above

Hi Andy. Thank you so much for such an honest review. We truly do appreciate it as it's reviews like yours that help us improve our software each and every day. Regarding your concern with implementing a feature to limit admin access for "lower level" admins - that feature is in the pipeline and our development team is working diligently on it. Regarding the one-time payment, I understand your concerns. In fact, we've recently switched over to monthly payment plans and have done away with our one-time payment option. Thank you again for such an honest review. We take everything to heart and we will absolutely be using your review along with every other review to improve our company as a whole, our customer support division, as well as the software itself. Cheers!

My opinion of Brilliant Directories

I would like to share my brief opinion of Brilliant Directories Our team have looked into many directory softwares before we decided on BD. We are experts in WordPress sites and have created and still run a number of WordPress based directories We have purchased 3 FULL licenses from BD as we fully believe this is the best directory software available. BD is 99% ready to go live from...

Cons

Brilliant Directory is a dream product for directory solution

I find them very professional in service. Great training materials and documentation.

Pros

The best part of Brilliant Directory is it complete integrated solution looking at almost all aspects needed by the business group, associations or community. Starting from membership to classified, real estate, product catalog almost everything is there to serve a business group or community. Before coming to BD, I have tried many other solution which solves on pieces of the puzzle but does not...

Cons

Initially price seemed to be on the higher side comparing other solutions in the market. But once started using it and exploring the features, it was worth investing. If one is really intending to be in the business for long time, life price will start making sense. Post moderation feature could have been an integral part from the beginning, but now it is there.

Brilliant Directories Software Review

This software is good in terms of functionality as it manages subscriptions nicely and wraps the directory functionality into one. However, the user interface is pretty confusing. It takes a long time to figure out how all of the pieces are connected (i.e. where links are stored, how to change forms, how the forms connect with widgets etc.) The UI and the flow could be more user friendly and obvious....

Cons

Hey Tali, thanks for the feedback! There definitely are a lot of options included in the Brilliant Directories platform. Our Quick Start Video series (available right in your admin dashboard) lays out a good starting point for basic setup of a website. We also have our Support Center with hundreds of searchable support documents as well as our community forum which our support team monitors. Regarding...

Brilliant Directories - The Best the Internet Has to Offer

I have just activated my second directory with BD. I activated my first one after months of searching for a platform that would meet my needs and the second one after maintaining my impression that a more robust, feature rich and easy to use product for creating your own on-line directory does not exist. - anywhere at any price. Period! Everything required to run a successful and profitable directory...