Brilliant Directories Reviews

Brilliant Directories

All-in-one directory & member management software

Brilliant Directories

Have not started using it yet, but have had an in depth look at the demos, videos and support qs

On surface level it seems very comprehensive and should speed up development of a directory site much better than independent modules and messing around setting them up. One Con may be that it is not built on top of wordpress, which makes a lot of our other modules and software we use redundant (we are developers and have many favourite modules we use for various parts of site building unrelated...

Cons

Much more than just software, it's a whole system of excellent training, support, and improvement.

It's practical and easy to use.

Pros

We knew from the beginning that we would need support as we developed our first directory site. When we were comparing the various products available, we paid careful attention to customer service. I even called the customer care numbers, just to see what happened. Now that we have chosen Brilliant Directories, we haven't been disappointed. Our first launch has been made much easier thanks to their first-class documentation, videos, and, of course, people.

Cons

I suppose the price could always be better, from the customer's point of view. A Wordpress theme, for example, could cost substantially less. I understand that you usually get what you pay for, though, and I feel that Brilliant Directories offers great value. More themes would be nice. It would be awesome if there was a theme specifically for our niche. I'm sure that more themes will be coming in the future.

So easy to use

I had purchased a wordpress directory theme and was trying to set it up. What a nightmare. It looked horrible, it was difficult to use, I even tried hiring someone to help and they had a tough time navigating it. So I tried Brilliant Directories 14 day free trial to see if there was much of a difference. It was like night and day. I didn't need a programmer, or a fiverr gig or anyone to help. I was able to do it myself. Easy to use, great tutorials, I am so glad I tried it. Thank you.

Pros

Cons

I'm not sure how customizable it is in case I want to add some bells and whistles.

Thanks for dropping us a note, Peter! We hear you loud and clear - WordPress is great for blogs and simple websites, but when it comes to building a directory/membership website, WordPress just doesn't work. It's often too difficult to get the dozens of plugins and themes to play nice with each other. Customization with Brilliant Directories is incredibly easy thanks to the hundreds of built-in design settings, but if you want to totally transform your website, some CSS adjustments may need to be necessary, though most people don't find it to be. Thanks again!

Affordable way to start your own website business!

I recently bought a lifetime license to Brilliant Directories on behalf of a nonprofit organization I am involved with. It is the second time I bought this software for a nonprofit. My experience each time made me confident that the company provides excellent services, good training and tutorials, and on top of that is in a range of affordability even for new nonprofit organizations. And there is almost unlimited growth with this system, so an organization is not boxing itself in by choosing a less expensive system which they will have to replace as they grow. Brilliant Directories should be able to take any organization or business as far "down the road" as they choose to go.

Pros

Affordability and the fact that a "lifetime" license option exists.. so you don't have to worry about a monthly payment for the remainder of your organization's life.

Cons

It is too early to tell. I hope that the concept of "members" can be changed. We won't have members but we will have customers.

Hi Ginny, thanks so much for the review! We love being able to make the job of non-profits a bit easier which is why we offer a discount for non-profit organizations. As for your comment about differentiating members from customers, we hear you loud and clear! We are actually in the process of changing some of our backend admin terminology to address this very issue. These suggestions mean the world to us as we do try our best to implement user suggestions. Thanks again!

Goodbye Wordpress - Hello Brilliant Directories

Pros

Processing member monthly payments works simply and I get reports on past due payments. The setup was very easy, what i like most is that it's centered around generating revenue from paying members. After the setup i was ready to start billing members for their memberships and buying leads, also special banner ad placements around the site.

Cons

i took my time researching because it was the more expensive solutions, but i'm happy i went with Brilliant. You do get what you pay for and it's clear that there is value built in.

Best Directory Platform with Best Service

Excellent experience and they continue to get better.

Pros

Easy to use; robust features; fast and great customer support and customizations; can instantly grow your user base

Cons

Nothing to be honest... it’s been an amazing product

Just Starting Out

I am just starting out but I like the layout and features I have seen. I am excited to develop my site. I think someone with basic WordPress and cPanel knowledge can grasp the basics of setting up their own site.

Pros

I like the Admin portion from what I can see -- I've only had access for 12 hours

Cons

The instructional videos need to be updated that show some of the new menu features.

Thanks for the review, Dan! While we do offer access to cPanel, in most cases it's not necessary to access at all - almost everything can be accomplished from the regular admin panel. As for CSS, the software does include hundreds of point-and-click design settings so CSS is only necessary if you really want to dive deep and totally customize your website's design. And regarding APIs, for any required integrations, like payment gateways for example, we do supply support documents and video tutorials so anyone should be able to go about those tasks without a problem. Thanks again and we loved chatting with you in our Weekly Webinar :)

Best Directory Service

Nice Onboarding process - Very clear instructions to setup a new website from scratch. Especially enjoy the video tutorials.

Pros

Cons

No page templates to choose from. (html coded) - No Trial/Free membership - Sitemap not working with search engines

Launched my directory in minutes

I recommend requesting a demonstration with Matt so he can show you exactly how the software works and how it will automate your business so you can focus on marketing and selling. They have so many amazing built in features that you have to see to believe. They also have marketing and web design services you can resell to your members in addition to making money on the listings and selling of leads.

Pros

Matt and Jason are rockstars. I signed up with them and by the very next day my business directory for notary agents was online. I then uploaded my list of contacts and used their schedule email feature to invite them. Within 2 months I have had over 100 paying members sign up and now my directory is profitable. My members use the system to invite their friends to recommend their businesses. When I google any name in my directory, my website appears on the first page of google results. Loving it!

Cons

No cons just yet. I am very happy thus far and I am working to launch a few more directories. Fingers crossed.

Thank you Erin for your kind response. We value our business together and look forward to developing more directories for your niche ideas. Warm regards, The Brilliant Directories Team http://www.brilliantdirectories.com

Dennis is a GEM!

Started with a wordpress inspired theme for business listing but when I came to know about BD and its features, I was sold. Thanks for Going the Extra Mile Dennis.

Pros

Members area, ratings and search functionality.

Cons

For a startup, forking a huge amount of money isn't a good start

Thanks for your feedback, Richie! I'll be sure to pass the good words on to Dennis :) As for the negative of having a somewhat high payment, we totally understand. This is why we did away with our one-time fee and have switched over to much lower monthly plans. It's feedback like yours that helps us improve our product day in and day out. Thank you!

Kudos to Dennis Tinerino

I worked with one of the cusutomer support representative on getting my company set up with Brilliant Directories and the experience was great. He explained the product and services well and kept me informed on new developments, opportunities and news, which helped me to make an informed decision to join. I have not fully dived off into this system and setting up my site but there were an adequate amount of tutorials and information provided to walk me through each process to ensure success so I'm confident that I should not have any issues moving forward with Brilliant Directories. Support has been great thus far and by that measure I'm anticipating continued great customer service and support. Thanks guys!!

Cons

Thanks for the feedback, Christopher! We understand how valuable video tutorials can be and how much easier they are to follow than outdated text documents. This is why we put a lot of time and effort into producing quality video tutorials to hep users like yourself quickly set up your website. So glad Dennis was able to help you out and provide you with some valuable info! Thanks again!

Besides Excellent Product they have Excellent People

I have commented previously on this platform about this wonderful software. Since I did not have enough room in my previous post I returned to continue where i left off. more now about the people at Brilliant Directories. In a few words again; the software is awesome. After having muddled through other similar software's, this one is like a breath of fresh air. Amazingly easy to use , robust, rich...

Cons

And the Search Stops with Brilliant Directories!!

I sell software to school districts and colleges for a living, and In my opinion, Brilliant Directories is one of the most impressive platforms I have ever seen. I evaluated BD for over a year, and quite frankly, it is the most technologically advanced directory software on the market today. But it doesn't stop there. Although BD is so ahead of the game and is feature packed, it is simple enough for...

Pros

Brilliant Directories offers flawless simplicity; is feature rich and reliable; and has an awesome theme selection each with a beautiful user interface.

Cons

There are absolutely no cons.

It's great to hear that you're enjoying our themes and the simplicity of the software. Thanks, Jennifer, for your review!

Brilliant is the Word!

My experience in purchasing and using Brilliant Directory software has been a delight. This software is extremely powerful with tons of capability and most importantly flexibility. Great help from service team who helped me evaluate Brilliant Directory software for my application. This software is great!

Pros

Flexibility to adapt to custom functionality. Great value!

Cons

The learning curve is a little challenging at first, but that's because there is so much function and ability to make custom changes. After a few hours, it becomes easier to make your custom changes. Excellent support helps answer your questions.

We're thrilled you're loving BD, Bob! We do everything we can to minimize the learning curve as much as possible through our library of video tutorials, support documentation, community forum, onboarding packages, customer support and more. We truly value your feedback and will continue doing more to help new users get up to speed quickly. Thanks for the feedback!

It truly is brilliant

I've spent the better part of a year working with various directory systems, mostly built on WordPress. These systems were buggy, slow, expensive, and prone to plugin breakage. It was a frustrating experience getting them to work. I was skeptical of Brilliant Directories until I tried it out. Wow! With their system, I had a working directory in minutes that was fast and simply worked. One...

Cons

Wow Michael, thanks for that! Our team works hard to offer a platform that is unrivaled in the industry when it comes to how it can be customized to fit your needs. We're excited to see your final product!

THE BEST MEMBERSHIP SOFTWARE EVER!

WOW is all I can say, as a developer and marketing/tech company this software has changed my life. I now have a tool that I can use to help my clients build the website of their dreams. Not only are the features incredible but the customer support is #AMAZING. I have three sites from Brilliant Directories and I plan on having 5-10 by the end of the year. I have even learned some new tricks about...

Pros

Custom Features, Easy to edit, Customer Support

Cons

Some of the code can be overwhelming for non developers

Excellent company--great customer service. Intuitive, highly customizable directory interface.

I have had the pleasure of working with Dennis Tinerino over the past couple of weeks in securing five brand new directory websites. I had worked with him earlier this year when he helped me set up two directories and again most recently this December. In every interaction with Brilliant Directories, he has consistently risen above my expectations and provided me with truly exemplary customer service....

Adding second directory

Good, The support staff helped me out and honored the 2 for 1 deal I signed up for back in April 2015. When I went to the dashboard, I did find it annoying not to find the Admin Account easily so I could change my temporary password. I think I found it eventually in the support page. Not sure why it is not in an obvious place on the dashboard.

Pros

So much is in place and ready for me to fill in the blanks.

Cons

Seemed like multiple layers. with dashboard then the CP panel. Just need to learn how it all works I guess and then it will be clearer to work with.

Hi Paul. Thanks so much for your suggestion to place a link to the admin password settings in the dashboard - I'll bring this up in our team meeting tomorrow! But it's directly accessible from Settings > Admin Settings. In there you can change the password for your admin account. Regarding cPanel, though you do have complete access to it, you should never really find yourself needing to access it. You should be able to manage every aspect of your website directly from the dashboard. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Started off rocky but much better now

Dennis did a great sales job. He answered all my questions and also provided links to policies and videos and got back to me within 24 hrs. After the sale I was a bit lost. The videos I watched before getting started did not make much sense to me because my admin panel was different than the one I was viewing on the videos. The previously answered questions were also confusing given my different...

Cons

Excellent experience! All of my questions were answered and the staff was eager to learn my needs.

Ease of use for the front end user

Pros

The ease of use on the front end where the actual users will be. Everything is easy to find and is presented very professionally. Your image is set apart from others just by using this software. I also like the willingness of the staff to get me in touch with a preferred coder that knows the system for all of my custom design needs.

Cons

Coming from Wordpress and not knowing a lot of coding skills it will be a learning curve using a whole new platform. But like anything the more time you spend with the software the easier it will get.

Brilliant Directories Is An Absolute A+

Brilliant Directories is amazing. From the first moment I reached out to them through their website, the experience has been terrific. The system is the cleanest directory system available in the market today, bar none. The people at Brilliant Directories are top-notch, and are always ready to assist in every way possible. I have worked with a lot of companies, both as a business owner and international...

Cons

Thank you for your kind words, Andy. We enjoyed working with you and appreciate your feedback. Warm regards, The Brilliant Directories Team http://www.brilliantdirectories.com

Great software! Lots of back-end support for managing members and your business!

The platform has good tools for establishing pricing packages and member features. It also has email templates for communicating with members. Another great monetization feature is the Lead Generation tool. I also like the availability of a Developer Marketplace where I can find developers who are familiar with the platform and can customize my website the way I want it. My "Customer Success Agent" (sales agent) was very nice to work with, and she ("CJ") spent 1.5 hours on the phone with me explaining the capabilities of the software and getting me comfortable with the purchase. I'll be getting more familiar with software as I populate and customize my directory, but I've had a good experience so far.

Pros

Management features for controlling accessibility to features by members so I can customize pricing plans to fit my business model; Also the lead generation!

Cons

The overall appearance of the out-of-the-box solution is not especially aesthetically pleasing. I like the look and feel of the Templatic directory platform from a User Interface perspective. I plan to configure my BD site to integrate some of those features.

GREAT product - just be aware of the pitfalls!

This is a great new product if you have the time to go through a learning curve. The owners and training coaches are very understanding and helpful, I have liked working with Ernesto. The basic system is genius in its concept, however I believe that this Brilliant Directories product will be only good for those who can dedicate a lot of time to adding their own content, photos, write their own...

Super user-friendly!

I highly recommend Brilliant Directories for anyone who is interested in starting a directory website. Both their software and customer support are first class! I've been interested in holistic health for a number of years. I've found it hard to track down reputable holistic health care providers, so last year I decided to create a web site where holistic practitioners can list their services (and...

Cons

This is simply a business in a box and ready to go!

I have spent months reviewing all the softwares here on Capterra and many other forums and have have so much feedback to share about them all. I particularly choose Brilliant Directories first because to review because they were the most pleasant to deal with and got in touch with me right away and answered dozens of my questions day after day. I spoke to their competitors and they actually bashed...