Brilliant Directories Reviews

Brilliant Directories

All-in-one directory & member management software

Brilliant Directories

The support staff is great and contact is easy.

I can experiment with launch a business with a professional package without risking a lot of capital.

Pros

It's an incredible platform for the money comparable with DB's costing many times more. The articles, embedding, galleries and contact are good and flexible. Accessing code gives one the ability to enhance the articles and it's easy if you know code html5, embedding iFrame and jScript. Opens it right up.

Cons

The search is good but could use a multi drop down in the advanced mode like one see's on a car deal site. Not related to the software you need user training lessons on video.

Mysouthwest and BD Partnership

What a pleasurable experience working with Brilliant Directories has been. Both in terms of the directory software and the people behind the name. We had to move over 4000 paying customers from a 10 year old purpose built proprietary platform which had out lived its usefulness to Brilliant Directories software platform. Normally this type of venture has potential for a disaster and trying to find...

Cons

World Directory site ranked 3rd on Google search!!

My World Directory site is now ranked 3rd on Google search!! I am very glad to have engaged Brilliant Directories to host my www.world.directory site. My site was ranked number 16, 000, 000+(sixteen million+) only two weeks ago (for the keyword 'world directory') on Google search, just before I hosted my site with brilliantdirectories.com. I did not at all expect my site to be ranked 3rd on Google...

Cons

Very happy with the service provided!!!

Generally i have been very satisfied with the level of service provided. I found that the site is not quite as 'simple' to configure/design as it was initially made out to be, but i am no expert in web design which may have something to do with it. The level of ongoing support provided more than makes up for this, there is always great advice and ideas on the community section and my directory coach...

Cons

Some of the features dont work

Signed up for the elite package with many of the features. Implementation has taken longer than expected. The functionality is mostly there but the knowledge database is poor (its there online help system) and several of the widgets don't work correctly (advised they only work on static pages so many instances where we cannot use them) Overall they have been prompt and helpful but really need a comprehensive guide on how to edit the site.

Cons

Hi Ronan, Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is always constructive and helpful. The software does so much and we are always coming out with new features, so we understand the need for HELP documentation. We are dedicating the following months to creating useful videos, FAQs, a community forum, as well as a more comprehensive learning center that will help users better navigate the software. As always, our team is here to assist you with set up and answering any questions you may have. Thank you again for your feedback. This helps us improve our overall service and we will notify you as soon as more help documentation is available. As always, feel free to email coach@brilliantdirectories.com for support. Thank you.

ODFF Review

Overall I'm very pleased with the product. It is feature rich! However, elements such as a blog page are not an out of the box feature. These days everyone has a blog page on their business website. It would be nice to have that feature integrated into the backend instead of having to create a separate WP blog and then having BD set up a link to it. Regarding ease of use, it's a huge help if a user...

Cons

Brilliant Directories made the decision easy

The team at BD were very helpful during the whole decision making process. They answered all of our questions and were patient with us as we tried to determine whether BD would work for us in our search for a way to transition our 12 year directory website to something better. We are excited about being able to get upgraded technology and the ability to make simple changes without engaging a high cost web developer for every little thing. The help videos on a wide range of relevant subjects and the regularly scheduled webinars are very helpful. At first We were concerned that the features combined with the reasonable pricing looked like it was too good to be true but so far we have found that it is living up to the promises.

Pros

reasonable price, good support, upgraded bootstrap technology, ability to make changes easily.

Great Easy Way to Bring your vision to reality

It was a great way to finally get the project moving forward. It is functional practical and the one wee free trial helped me to take the system for a little test drive before making full commitment.

Pros

Easy set up, Great support, Cost effective, faster than most set ups I have experienced.

Cons

If you like to customize things it will be needing you to know coding.

Thank you for the review, Hamid! While there are hundreds of built-in point-and-click options in Brilliant Directories, you're right - some more intense customizations might require some coding. But as the website owner, you do have total access to all of the code that makes up your website so those customizations certainly are possible. Glad you took advantage of the free trial to make sure BD was right for you!

Overall Good Experience Thus Far

It's been good. The customer service could be a little more timely. Customer support representative answered all my questions and was patient until I felt comfortable purchasing.

Pros

Basic site and functionality ready to deploy

Cons

Customization seems to be a bit of a challenge. Support could be an issue depending on your expectations.

Hi Sunil, this is great feedback for us! We do guarantee 1-business day response times from our support team. As far as a marketplace for plugins, we just recently began launching add-ons that provide additional functionality to your Brilliant Directories website. Check them out on our website! Thanks again!!

Setting up my site

I think software is amazing, but a little more daunting for those of us to use who are no as tech-friendly. My hope is to have my site up and rolling soon. The kickstart plan us good as it guves you an idea of what to do each of the 4 weeks. What I am not clear about, is where the articles mentioned in week 4 of the launch plan are. I have a done a search in the solution center, but am not finding.."Getting your first 100 members" or how to search for the others on week 4.

Pros

Crisp Clean Allows clients to upload own info. It can be customized

Cons

It takes a good bit of time to work through the list of videos and Setting up your site info. When you enter one video, it takes you on to related articles and videos, and not on to the next one in the actual list.

Just Brilliant!

Our company owns a successful, printed local business directory in Perth, Western Australia. In order to take the directory to the next level, we needed to find a good on-line solution. After checking out several on-line directory offerings we discovered Brilliant Directories. And it is just that - brilliant! The incredible level of support, the ability to get into the back-end and have a...

Awesome Software & Company

I spent close to 12 months of investigation into directory software that I would use to deploy my new directory. It came down to two systems, e-directory and brilliant directories. At first I was leaning toward e-directory as I could host the software myself. When it came down to a decision I fired up each demo side by side to see how the back end would work. It turned out to be a two minute...

Cons

I have just setup my online directory

I have had an excellent experience using this product thus far. It was very easy to setup a basic version of my online directory. Putting up a logo for my website was simple and setting up the categories and subcategories took less than an hour. I am in the process of recruiting members now. I will work on making minor changes to the overall look and some of the content in the next few weeks. I am...

Innovativeness, Quality, and Service

I have been developing a business using Brilliant Directories, searching and evaluating software for more than a year to find a solution that would satisfy my specific and unusual needs, finally settling on Brilliant Directories. It is the most advanced and adaptable directory software on the market. The BD software enhancements made, practically in front of my eyes, over the past year are amazing!...

Cons

Brilliant product, super fast setup and great customer support

First, I have admired this directory a little over a year ago. I consider myself mid level experience in web design. I am very proficient with Wordpress and Drupal but Brilliant Directory is far less complicated. The day I found this directory sometime around June 2014, it was the most beautiful directory I ever saw at that time even without trying out the admin demo. If I didn't buy this directory...

Very Satisfied Customer

Although the support staff and I initially played phone tag I appreciate him hanging in there and walking me through the process. The customer service and support are unparalleled. I wish more companies value potential clients as you. Now that I am a client I look forward to a great, lasting partnership.

Pros

Clean look, user friendly and easy functionality

Cons

Sometimes too much information can be overwhelming.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Shenita! We do know that some users would find an included scheduling feature beneficial. Some of our users successfully and easily integrated Acuity Scheduling with their Brilliant Directories website so that is a viable option for you. Thanks for the review!

Getting started

Brilliant Directories was right on the ball on sending Launch Plan emails and they have oodles of useful videos on all aspects of launching a directory site. I'm a bit disappointed on their follow-through regarding a 1-hour coaching session I'm said to have won; it's been 5 days since the last email I received about this and I'm starting to wonder if I will ever receive this or just be left to muddle through as best I can using the videos.

Cons

Thank you so much for your feedback, Susie! We always do our best to respond to support inquiries the same day but it looks like in this case something had slipped through the cracks. We'll discuss this at our next team meeting, but rest assured our typical response time is 1 business day or less. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention!

For a non programmer this seems easy to get into. Already in one night I have a good base website.

I can see it working well. From our Facebook page we have a lot of interest in our subject and people want to get in touch with business that can service them well.

Pros

It looks like it is very flexible. The videos are helpful. It appears fairly intuitive. I'm looking forward to it working well with our Facebook community.

Cons

The HTML hard coding to adjust a search engine. The coding is different to the video. Can't get back to the original coding.

Best Directory Theme By A Mile!!!

Searched online for many months before coming across Brilliant Directories. The overall layout and multiple options available for not only the directory owner, but more importantly their customers is unrivaled. Also BD customer support is also outstanding. It's great doing business with REAL professionals who are passionate about what they do.

Pros

Over all ease of use and the quickness you are able to make your directory site go live.

Cons

Honestly don't have any.

Thanks for your feedback, Darren! Glad you're loving the software :)

Beyond Excellent Customer Service

The Customer Service from Dennis has always been excellent! Since I have first reached out to him months ago this year 2014 to inquire about Brilliant Directories after searching online for directory scripts he has always answered every question and has went beyond assisting me which I know personally from my experience in Customer Service and Sales is hard to come by. Because of Dennis kindness I...

Best Directory Software

Pros

This company have changed the way our business works, we can make changes with an instant effect and even includes a free mailbox. There customer support is amazing.

Cons

Would love them to have Phone Support but there email support is still very good. 75% of times we get a reply the same day.

Business Directory Software that Saved the Day

We did a lot of research for directory website software, we even lost a lot of money in the beginning with systems that were not as robust. We are more than pleased and highly recommend Brilliant Directories as an all-in-one directory and marketing system. You guys did an amazing job.

Pros

Brilliant Directories has helped our directory become more profitable. It is easy to use and the email marketing tools help us keep in touch with members. We love that our entire staff can work in the same system and that we don't really need any third party applications to run our business.

Cons

They have a lot of flexibility with their system but we would also like to be able to manage all our social media accounts from the system like we do in hootesuite.

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your working with you and value our longstanding relationship. Warm regards, The Brilliant Directories Team http://www.brilliantdirectories.com

Could not be happier!

I was trying for so long to get my site built. There were so many different providers who tried & failed to give me what I wanted. Then I came across brilliant directories! They did it with ease.The support staff was really good at following me up, he was honest & knowledgable. My customer service agent was amazing, nothing was too hard for her to do, she was very friendly & helpful. The site is now exactly what I wanted. I really could not be happier!

Pros

It is so easy to use & very customizable. The fact they don't promote themselves on my site is a really good touch.

Cons

Nothing major, all of the things I couldn't do initially were sorted out by my onboarding team.

Overall of the best.

Pros: -Great support staff -Easy to get started -I know it will be worth every penny once I complete the initial setup -Much better than the competition: more features, better service, more expandable Cons: -More front end customization options would be great. There are items that do not seem to have much customization capability from the front end and require coding changes. *unless I am missing...

Cons

Thank you for the thorough review Rich. We're thrilled you've decided to join the Brilliant Directories family!

so far so great,...

so far so great, I think that more videos for a little more in depth would be great. Overall I was able to set up my site pretty quick, the final details are taking up a bit more time. I am sure that I will figure it all out. thanks!

Pros

easy to use, lot of functions I could never get anywhere else

Cons

I think there could be more detailed customization when it comes to plans and what members can and cannot get.

Hi Jennifer, thanks for the review! Your feedback means a lot we're definitely not done making video tutorials! We've got many more to come so be sure to keep an eye on our YouTube channel for those :)