Brilliant Directories Reviews

Brilliant Directories

All-in-one directory & member management software

Brilliant Directories

so far so great,...

so far so great, I think that more videos for a little more in depth would be great. Overall I was able to set up my site pretty quick, the final details are taking up a bit more time. I am sure that I will figure it all out. thanks!

Pros

easy to use, lot of functions I could never get anywhere else

Cons

I think there could be more detailed customization when it comes to plans and what members can and cannot get.

Hi Jennifer, thanks for the review! Your feedback means a lot we're definitely not done making video tutorials! We've got many more to come so be sure to keep an eye on our YouTube channel for those :)

THEASTYLIST.COM

I have been playing with the widgets and because I'm not tech savvy its a little hard to make or add changes but I feel comfortable there is support .I appreciated rep starting my platform off with the features I mainly wanted so that left less for me to tweak. Overall I am highly satisfied and am excited.

Pros

the ease of setup

Cons

taking me soo long to figure out where to change info...lol

Thanks for the feedback, Cicley! Just want to mention that our support center is always available with hundreds of support documents and video tutorials. Our community forum is also useful for seeing if anyone else has already done any tweaks you're looking to do! Wish you the best!

NEW MEMBER, JUST SIGNED UP TODAY!

Pros: I am familiar with website design; therefore, I combed the website thoroughly for all of the details that it could offer me in my business venture. Short answer is: "It has most all of what I need for my chosen business niche! " I had a few questions before signing up and they were all answered via returned phone call. Dennis was informative and very helpful in clearing those questions up for...

So far, not bad

On the positive side, Brilliant Directories is very easy, in fact effortless, to initially get up and running. That's good. On the negative side, I'm finding it difficult to understand how to customize the system according to my needs. I am a web developer with years of experience with php, javacscript, SQL Server, etc. I just a simple set of documentation which tells me how I can access the source...

Cons

Hi Nasser! Jason Haloossim here, founder at Brilliant Directories. As a developer you have tons of access to your source code to make higher level edits, queries and more. Join me in our next Webinar Wednesday where you can get free live support on your website and ask questions about where to access things in the your admin area. REGISTER FREE (all are welcome): https://www.brilliantdirectories.com/workshop We do these about every 2 weeks and it's a great way to learn more about how BD works. I hope to see you in the next webinar and will look out for any questions from you. All the best, Jason Haloossim Brilliant Directories

Thanks for checking in!

The site came with premade widgets most of which look great. Please see below the one that is a problem. Looks like you misspelled Local Family Owned and for some reason spelled it Local family Owneds? I attempted to fix your mistake by watching the video "how to edit premade widgets" and it showed me exactly what to do which was open widget and edit text only problem is when I open to edit text all the wording is done in code? YOUR PREMADE WIDGET: bootstrap theme - member results - page title Pizza in Bellingham, , United States Bellingham, United States' Top Rated Pizza LFO = Local Family Owneds

Cons

Thanks for your feedback Kelly. We're excited to see that you have launched your website since submitting this review. Our support staff is always available to assist its customers with any issue that presents itself such as this one. Every Brilliant Directories customer gets unlimited ticket support, as well as full access to our solution center and community forum :)

Excellent Directory Software with many good features included

After researching various methods of setting up an online music directory I decided on Brilliant Directories because it includes many useful features. Other online directory services make you pay extra for some of the functionality or get third party modules for many features that are included with BD. BD can also be customized from top to bottom. The BD software is not the most user friendly (not WYSIWYG software), it helps if you have some tech experience. They have given a lot of thought and planning in the execution of their SaaS to create a "Brilliant" software product. Access to cPanel is a very useful feature as well. I look forward to making MusicXS @ MusicDirectory.com a long term success with Brilliant Directories!

Cons

Thanks for leaving some feedback, Ken! Your website idea was one of the more unique ones we've had - very cool! I'm glad to hear the software is working out well so far. Can't wait to see how successful your music directory will be!!

Best Directory Software available

I researched and tested several Directory products for Wordpress. All of them had significant faults, and none allowed upgrades or downgrades to the existing directory using recurring payments. Then I found Brilliant Directories which is going to save us from a huge problem we would have had using other software. I wasn't sure about stepping away from Wordpress, but the system Brilliant Directories...

New User feedback

Initial contact very good and helpful. Video transferring very good. Still early days but so far all looks good and. Ore than happy.

Pros

Lots of features and training videos.

Cons

It sure yet.

Hi Darren! That's great that everything's working out well so far and that you're making use of the video tutorials and support documentation. Thanks for the feedback regarding a 'bespoke branding package.' Actually, once you upload a logo for your website, that logo will be displayed in the admin dashboard of your website. And of course there's never any Brilliant Directories branding on the backend or frontend of a BD-powered website. Hope that helps and thanks again!

You had me at Hello. (not quite, but almost!)

In the past 10 years I've never been so impressed by any vendor or their representative as I have been over these past days - working with Dennis Tinerino at Brilliant Directories! I am a Realtor and deal with over a dozen technical products that are provided on a subscription basis (such as Brilliant Directories) and I'm normally met with indifference by their support teams... as though I'm a pain...

Cons

From initial concept to launch in just 2 weeks - brilliant!

We've already had a brilliant journey with Brilliant Directories. From arranging an initial call to discuss whether the product was right for us, and then arranging a second call to discuss in more detail, to the online support guidance, which from day 1 has been brilliant. Better than anything we've experienced elsewhere. The customer service team really know their stuff, they are polite and helpful, really responsive, and quick at resolving issues. I wish there was a 10 star button as I would have clicked on this!

Pros

Easy to use, initiative, great customer service and support, access to additional developers who really know Brilliant Directories too

Very poor support

Good functions on website

Pros

I’ve emailed a few times as can’t get a support ticket as forgot password, but no link sent. No reply to emails. Seemed all helpful before purchase and since purchase doesn’t seem interested. I bought a year plan so everyday I’m ignored means I can’t use my website as I need support. Not impressed

Cons

Lack of support as described above, hence I went online to look for reviews to see if others are experiencing the same issue. Feels like took my money & now not interested:(

Very impressed with this solution

Ease of life and running my business

Pros

Very impressed with this solution. they've spent a lot of time putting this thing together and it shows. I'm posting this review because I made my first membership sale 1 week after getting started. Very excited! The setup was pretty easy, not i'm focusing on marketing to get people to my site.

Cons

None i have found. Great price and simple to use. Grateful for capterra showing these guys and them being easy to find and contact during my due diligence time in purchasing

Unbelievable Value

Being able to save time building a membership website is a priceless benefit. The admin area is very intuitive. Even if you could mess up anything, support will help you resolve it. I deleted crucial elements in the setup stage. In less than 30 minutes support had restored what I needed to finish the setup.

Pros

Do-It-Yourself, out-the-box membership website. Awesome tools; content publishing tools, design tools, financial tools, plugins and every tool you need to give members great value. Reasonable pricing. Brilliant Directories over delivers. The support is A++...

One Way To Get a Quick Start

This is one way to start your own directory business. You can check out Wordpress or other CMSes but you will have to pay for your own hosting, deal with comparing and learning all the various plugins, and integrate them all into a functional site. This is easy, fun and integrated. Payment integrated, and all the features you expect from a total launch. It's easy though you may want to know your HTML and CSS, but you can look that stuff up any time. The support seems very busy but they must be prioritized to those who pay extra for hand-holding. It's a little pricey to get started, but it's all there to get you off on the right foot.

Pros

Easy to get started and no worries.

Cons

Price is daunting if you don't know your commitment level.

Hi Matt. Thanks for your review! You hit the nail on the head in terms of hosting and functionality. Our goal at Brilliant Directories is to include all of the features you might need, including hosting, right out of the box. No need for third-party plugins or tools, so everything is guaranteed to work. You're also correct regarding HTML and CSS. The software is hundreds of built in point-and-click...

getting started on brilliant Directories with Dennis T

Customer support representative has been an enormous help in getting us started with our new website. He is responsive, clear in his explanations, and patient. I feel confident in continued support due to Dennis's attention to our needs thus far. Very happy with the service as well as the product. The process so far has been easy and we are very happy with the functionality of the sites being provided.

Pros

functionality, usability, and customizable components

Cons

not sure yet- just started

So glad to hear that Brilliant Directories' functionality is doing what you needed! I'll be sure to pass the kind words on to Dennis :)

Totally Complete in Every Way

Pros

Great support system. I am a newbie and getting support has been instrumental to my success. I have used wordpress themes in the past and always got stuck. I am happy that there is a real live support team to help me when i have questions or need help.

Cons

there is a lot to learn but that is part of the fun. i am able to do a lot of things myself, but find myself emailining support a few times per week, but they always respond back to me within 24 hours so it's not too bad.

Still working on the software side discovering it, but sales support Excellent!

Dear Dennis, Regards the software features, there are so many features which I am yet to discover with your support team and all the tutorials and videos available for the software. All tutorials thus far are superbly created and executed. It was truly a BRILLIANT! experience dealing with you is assisting us with the trial version and the numerous phone calls that you so kindly scheduled in order...

Why I first chose Brilliant Directories

I like Brilliant Directories because of the fresh , clear design, the features and ease of use, although I am finding some learning curve happening as I am a "jack of most trades , master of few" :-) I like the fact they have a payment system already in place. It has way more features than I was expecting. My site looks like I spent 10s of thousands of dollars on it :-) The support and beginner...

Cons

A full-featured online directory website creation software allowed us to build a fantastic resource.

Pros

Just about everything you would need to create a monetised online business directory. Ability to sell advertising, leads and directory entries.

Cons

You need some knowledge of website development to get everything the way you want it, that or having deep pockets to pay the Brilliant Directories developers to do it for you.

Made me feel more confident that I can run a directory

The trial demo was good, but what sold it to me was all the good reviews I read on various sites online. I think there was one really bad review due to technical problems, which didn't put me off. Also the customer service was the best I have ever had for anything I ever bought, including my new car. I was attracted to how everything I could possibly want in a directory was already there, such as...

Wonderful Service

From my first inquiry, to the consultation, purchase and setup. Every step of my experience with Brilliant Directories provided quality service with and excellent product. I would recommend Brilliant Directories to any web designer, developer or business owner.

Pros

Easy of use and setup, various options for customization along with excellent price and customer service. Overall very well engineered product and company.

Cons

Nothing.

Thank you so much, J, for your kind words and feedback. We love hearing how happy users are with Brilliant Directories' software and customer service!

Full Package

My experience with BD has been very positive so far, such supportive guys always on hand to support with site setup. I am a web developer and using BD has saved so many hours of development and planning.

Pros

It's packed with functions and scope for development.

Cons

N/A

Glad the software is working well for you, Karl! Our co-founders, Jason and Matt, come form two different backgrounds. Jason is more the design guy and Matt is more of the developer. So they wanted to make the software easy to use for your average user, but still make it customizable and expandable for developers :)

Business Directory Site with it al

I was searching for a combination of plugins or widgets to do a Yelp type business listing site for a Niche in the medical field "Concierge Medicine" . I had downloaded about 14 plugins and 6 widgets with no sucsess. I have been a developer for over 25 years so I had a list of all the feature that I wanted to find or write. I started searching for themes, and then for software to avoid having...

Just like Nordstrom's....

I have read books about Nordstrom's quality and in my own personal experience, BrillantDirectories is my Nordstrom's. It's weird, life kinda has a way of conditioning us to feel let down with people's promises.....so when BD came along in my life....the experience was a bit 'strange' but I mean that in a very, very good way. Like, 'wait, this isn't normal!' First off, the software is terrific...go...

Terrible Support and Functionality

Pros

Hi if I was to say something nice about brilliant directories now that I've been an admin and developer it would be that as a vision it was a great idea. But on the ground functionality bugs lack of communication just make it impossible I'm almost ready to leave!

Cons

Lack of communication and once you do get a response to your support ticket because there's nobody to talk to Chances Are you're going to go round and round three or four more times I don't know if this is a language barrier or what. It seems like somebody developed this thing and then sort of walked away.