Brilliant Directories Reviews

Brilliant Directories

All-in-one directory & member management software

Brilliant Directories

Great product

Kelvin has been really helpful all the way through. The support videos are excellent and by the time I have finished I will have a great site

Pros

Simplicity. I have no prior knowledge in this area. The support is fantastic and the visual quality of the site is great.

Cons

Nothing so far!

Thanks for the feedback, Andy! We constantly update our support videos to provide our users with the easiest, most up-to-date support possible.

Cant recomend

overall not happy.remember your entire website is belongs to them. you have limited access.

Pros

cost-effective.many add or services. you have to pay for every additional service.

Cons

I am using this software. Lots of problem and bugs. Finally I shifted to another service provider. they are expensive but stable.

Look no further than with Brilliant Directories

We read a lot of the reviews about this platform before we bought and were very impressed with the raving positive reviews-- thinking there's got to be some people out there that had a negative experience. How often do you experience a company having everything positive all the time? Not often! But this company seems to have it... You will be very happy you join their family, as we are!! Good Luck!

Cons

Wow, thanks for your very kind words Erika! We understand that we provide the engine that will run your business for years to come. With that in mind, we have a hunger to be the very best so that valued customers like yourself can have the latest technology and friendliest staff by their side every step of the way.

Great software!

Simplicity-I found it very easy to use which reduced my time

Pros

The software is very easy to use and customize. Its a best in class product. It has great features and I am looking forward for future products.

Cons

While I only spent a limited time importing members, I did not find it easy to do. Overall, theres not much I don't like about the product.

Excited to start my new business!

I looked at several different programs and this one has all the functionality I was looking for - all for a best price I have found.

Pros

I like the ability to be able to utilize the business listing, events, classified ad and being able to add pages.

Cons

I would like to be able to add an event as the administrator and not have to add them as a business.

Thanks for a detailed review, Andi! As the website admin you can certainly publish an event, you just need to be logged in to an account and do it through the member dashboard. As for registering for an event, we are aware that some users would like the feature. We hear you! It's feedback like this that truly helps us improve the platform. Thank you!

Excellent Customer Support

First 24 hours working with this software and the documentation, customer support and the strong user community compliment this excellent software perfectly.

Cons

Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback, Simon! We understand how beneficial a helping community can be when starting with a new software which is why we have our community forum so that our team as well as fellow users can help each other answer any questions :)

Dennis Tinerino

I have been looking for good directory software for over 12 months, during that time I have looked at a lot of companies offering all sorts of software. I first came across brilliant directories in Dec 2013 and was immediately impressed with what they had to offer. I sent an email requesting more info and was pleasantly surprised when I received a phone call from Dennis to answer all my questions. Today is the 5th Feb 2014 I have placed my order for my first directory. All my fears and worries have been sorted by Dennis he has been in regular contact online and on phone. With this level of customer support I know I have made the right choice and look forward to working with brilliant Directories for the foreseeable future.

Cons

Far too complicated and no flexibility

I learned that you cannot use a generic hosted script and expect it to be flexible and easy to use.

Pros

The look of the templates and the fact that it is responsive design that works on mobile phones. The looks are what lure people to this software.

Cons

No flexibility and extremely complex to set up and use. I have been using various scripts over the last 10 years and this is the most confusing and complex set up that I have dealt with.

Good Place to Start. Dont look for too much. First You Start. Then You Know That it is enough..

I Tried another Soft ware before I choose this. That Looked more difficult to understand and more expensive than this. This has very easy to understand video clips and the System itself looks very user friendly. But I have not really dived into this yet.....

Cons

Thank you Ganeshan for the review! We strive to make the software and our video tutorials as user-friendly as possible. Wish you all the best with your website building :)

This Team is Awesone!!!!!!

I have joined brilliant directories for 2 major reasons, I have searched and researched a great directory softwares and spoke to a few. Here it is, Not only Brilliant Directories look great and navigating is pleasant, but the guys that I spoke to at Brilliant directories are all a pleasure to speak with, very helpful before I joined and after I joined. They respond very quick via email or by phone, which ever you choose. I have joined them and even referred a good friend of mine to them that has much more experience on the web than me. He joined the following day and thanked me for introducing him to Brilliant Directories. Keep up the great work guys. Looking for a very long relationship with Brilliant Directories.

Great Product!

I started using Brilliant Directories 6 months ago after trying to build directories on my own. I found their product to have all the elements that I needed to have in order to launch a directory. They gave me individual support and training to learn how to personalize and customize the directory for my market. I look forward to a long and productive relationship with Brilliant Directories. If you are looking for a directory for your niche then look no further. Brilliant Directories has it all.

Cons

Thank you Joseph for your kind words. We appreciate working with you and look forward to launching more online directory websites with you in the future. Warm regards, The Brilliant Directories Team http://www.brilliantdirectories.com

Great backend software

We chose to work with this software because it allowed us a database without needing to hire a backend developer for our site. Although we wish the homepage offered more configurations of the core elements beyond adding/removing/color change/font change without delving into the code, the ability to have a functioning searchable database is the most useful feature that we simply have not found elsewhere with comparable ease of use.

Cons

Hi Lauren! We fully understand your requests for additional point-and-click options. It's suggestions like these that help us in continuing to improve and add new features to our software. Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts!

Perfect fit for our Minnesota Grown and Minnesota Made business directory

Well it took me two years of looking and researching but in the end we chose to go with Brilliant Directories. It's functionality and flexibility are unmatched and the representative is a wonderful Customer Success Director. Looking forward to becoming one of their many success stories.

Cons

Thanks for the kind words! Dennis loves hearing from happy customers like yourself :) We look forward to hearing of your success!

Great looking product

I researched many products before settling on Brilliant Directories. The most similar product I found was much more expensive. I also found some cheaper directories but they did not look modern. The support files that Brilliant Directories have seem good with a combination of text & videos. I was able to work out most things that I wanted whilst going through the trial. Hopefully they will continue to build on them. The only area that I have discovered so far that could possibly use some improvement is the Customer Service response times. I don't have enough experience yet to see if this is a regular problem or possibly it was impacted by the Easter holidays.

Cons

What an AWESOME tool this is!

I'm the owner of ZipDo.com and I have personally looked over many other Directory offers that are available out there. Brilliant Directories blew all the others away, hands down! It is very user friendly and is ready to go, straight out of the box. Customer Support has been wonderful to deal with and truly care about your concerns. They have always been prompt, courteous and professional. They also provide pre-launch tools and video training that helps you tremendously in getting your site setup and running quickly. Thanks Brilliant Directories for providing me with such a valuable product and service! ZipDo owes you a bit of gratitude for helping us succeed in the Directory business.

Tiresome Customer That I Am

I am not your average customer in the sense that my dificulties in signing up were plentiful not to mention the country I am living in was in the midst of a military coup. My questions were many and my skepticism initially was plentiful but I am happy to say that dispite all of this Dennis was the professional that every review has mentioned previously. It has taken ME many weeks of preparation to get to this stage but happy to say that I have just signd up to Brilliant Directories due in the major part to Dennis and his helpful attitude and look forward to working with him and his team to get my Thai Restaurant Directory, thairestaurantsguide.com, fully operational and make it the success it deserves.

Cons

Amazing Service and Excellent communication system in place !!!

We all get so many emails each and every day and what I was immediately impressed with was the responsiveness to my inquiry just by filling out a single form. So many services may get you almost to the finish line but as the saying goes "you cant be almost pregnant" Every step of the sales process, from the friendly email to the personal sales call brought me full circle, and that's saying a lot for someone who has been online since the beginning of the internet, in fact was voted the "Internet Entrepreneur of the Year in 2001 through Mark Victor Hansen and Robert Allen's Multiple Streams of Income". You went over the top in your sales process. I'm looking forward to unfolding the rest of the package!

Simply The Best!

We've been working with Brilliant Directories for a little over 5 months now and as the title says, they are simply the best. From day one, their service and product has been impeccable. BD has enabled our company to implement our idea of having a national online directory with a small startup budget. Ease of use is paramount and their turn-key technology makes it effortless to start making money from the start. If you or your company is tossing around the idea of launching a directory with BD, do it! The best part of all is that they really care about your success and are essentially your partner from the minute you launch. Thank you, Paul Gonzalez Founder - Legal Fee Financing

Endless possibilities

More than satisfied with the backend and the level of ongoing training and support offered by the staff and friendly, knowledgeable onboarding support from my sales rep. A+

Pros

Great training videos, staff support and level of options for site customization

Cons

So far so good

Glad you're liking everything, Ben! I'll be sure to send your kind words on to Dennis :)

Launching a Brilliant Idea with Brilliant Directories

The Customer Service at Brilliant Directories is by far superior to any other software organization that I've engaged with. The solution is superb and the pricing when on sale is great. The ease of use is adequate and will take some getting used to if you're coming from WordPress. They do need to be a little more up front with letting folks know that there are additional charges to pick out which theme works best for your site. Buying the full license led me to believe that I would have access to any and all tools available to BD customers. Overall it's been good and I look forward to building out numerous thriving directories on the BD platform. Thanks!

Cons

Simply - The best support team to get you started!

I've researched starting an online directory for over two years. I discovered Brilliant Directories script and it's been at the top of my list to watch. I simply love the way this team provides support in getting started to their new clients. I'm looking forward to growing my business with the Brilliant Directory team for a new year! Pros: - Easy webpage editing - Pre-loaded content - Easy Admin Widgets - A1 New Member support Cons: - Categories not displayed on each module - No Spot Light listings / Featured images (events, listing, classifieds, etc) - No upsale to customers - Videos are not listed with business listing or events

Cons

Everything and the kitchen sink

Quick set up - powerful and perfect. I am pleased so far, I took advantage of a sale . Only way I could afford it HOWEVER I feel it is overpriced

Cons

Thank you for the valuable insight, Keele. We understand that the price of Brilliant Directories may not be easy for everything which is why we offer a few different pricing options. But we are working to make it more affordable in the future.

Great features out of the box

I choose to use Brilliant Directories for my construction registry website after considering several options. Brilliant Directories stood out above the rest with all the features that come standard with the package. Other options would require additional specialized programming and add-on work. With Brilliant Directories we can be up and running quickly with the all the bells and whistles. Some key features that helped with the decision were the verified member badges and lead matching system.

Cons

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback, Tony! I'm thrilled that you were able to get up and running with all the features you wanted!

Brilliant Directories Won Out In Our Reaearch!

When my partner and I decided to venture into the world of directory ownership, we were determined to do it right. Our research exposed us to a variety of available options, from complete do-it-yourself scripts/plugins to already-built platforms to fully custom-built systems. Price-wise, these options ranged from below $100 into the tens of thousands with timeframes across the board. The reasons we chose to go with Brilliant Directories included: - variety of design/layout options - flexible, upgradeable platform - ability to go live in days - viable pricing options - awesome customer service and followup system All in all, an overall great package at a superb price!

Cons

My sells rep, made the difference for me. he was very responsive and available.

I was able to reduce my web design cost to a fraction of my past expenditures

Pros

I like the relative ease of use and customization. Within the available themes, I will save thousands of dollars and many hours building my own directory that would never be as robust as what I can do with this software.