Drakewell Reviews - Page 2

Good

Very functional

Pros

Ease of use and functionality. Good support.

Cons

It is web based so if I do not internet it will not update

Hi Chase, Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback! One of the best things about Drakewell is that you can run it from your phone. Anywhere you have the ability to make a phone call or check your email from, you should be able to use Drakewell from as well. That being said, we are aware that some rig locations may have poor service which can inhibit seamless utilization of Drakewell in real time. We are in the process of developing a way to run Drakewell without internet, that will automatically pipe the information entered when sufficient internet service has resumed. This is expected to be deployed to the field within a few months. Feedback from users like you is what drives innovation in the Drakewell platform, so again, thank you for your time and comments.

I have used Drakewell for about a month now.

Pros

I like the choices of current activities to chose from. Having software that everyone can look at with a username and password is great for information sharing. When emailing reports sometimes people don't get the email, or a new name is forgotten on a distribution list.

Cons

Their isn't a page that I can update MWD tool usage hours. It would help also if their was a spot to mark when the MWD tool went in the hole and when it came out. That way you can track downhole hours and circulating hours seamlessly.

Hi Robert, Thanks for reviewing us! Regarding MWD tool usage hours and BHA In/Out, these are actually very easy to update. Check out our User Guides at help.drakewell.us. We will reach out to NZone and ensure you get some additional Drakewell training! Drakewell

Newbie

Pros

It is pretty straightforward and easy to find what you are looking for. Being brand new to the industry, I was hesitant to jump right in on the platform but it is intuitive and easy to learn.

Cons

I mostly use to verify information and it would be nice to switch between jobs easier, or maybe I just don't know the program well enough yet.

Welcome, Newbie! Thank you for taking the time to review us. Each URL in Drakewell is unique. You can have multiple jobs open in different browser tabs at the same time - this will help you switch between jobs in a more seamless way. If you still have questions about the ease of navigating in Drakewell, check out our YouTube channel or email support@drakewell.us. - The Drakewell Team

I am a well planner so I input plans and offsets

Pros

I like that the guys in the field can visually see what they are doing with plots. I like that i can import the plans from text files.

Cons

I do not like that on pad wells i have to import the same offset wells each time and then i have to update the finished well's surveys before the next well starts. I do not like having to look up the vertical section azimuth of each offset well. I do not like having to name the exact well i want to delete it.

Hi Patrick, First thank you for taking the time to give us feedback! We work very hard to make sure Drakewell is easy to use for all of the stakeholders. We are currently looking at ways to make it easier to pull in "as-drilled" wells from other jobs in Drakewell as offsets for a new well. Regarding having to name the well path before you delete it--this is by design--and was actually a recent update. We had many drillers deleting entire survey records when we simply asked "Are you sure you want to delete this well path?", so we had to put a higher level of protection in place. Thank you for being highly likely to recommend us! We will keep working hard to make your job as a well planner easier. - Drakewell

Drakewell Review

Pros

Drakewell allows customers ease of access with well information.

Cons

Survey retention needs to be updated.

Hi Calvin, Thank you for the great review! We will reach out to you directly to understand what you mean by "survey retention" in greater detail. - The Drakewell Team

Drakewell has been very easy to use. Every tab and function on the site is very self explanatory.

Pros

The 3D plot feature and the how you are able to see and utilize the Anti-Collision feature. The third feature for me would be the projections to the bit.

Cons

Jermaine, Thank you very much for taking the time to review us! Drakewell

Navigating the numerous features provided by Drakewell is seamless and exessively user friendly.

Pros

The ease of feature access on drakewell is paled in comparison to no other software. The submenu transition to alternate data access points is fantastic.

Cons

The mobile access could be ironed out a touch more. The manual closing of the submenu access point becomes repetitive and could be altered.

Hi Marcel, Thank you for taking the time to review! A "mobile clean-up" is in our queue. It is awesome to hear that you're using it on your phone! We designed Drakewell to be as accessible as possible in order to make it easier to do your job. Keep up the feedback. We love it!

None

Pros

Not a lot. Have not found anything useful about it from a field aspect.

Cons

Directional projections are difficult and extremely time consuming when figuring for different motor yields etc. No local inventory /shipping tickets.

Hi Steven, Thank you for taking the time to review us! Our hope is to make projecting ahead in Drakewell easier and seamless. We do have a series of tutorials on our YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsoM0Zb4HwSexNpLOB_p8RczYYe0nPfMh We would also be happy to jump on a call with you and review any questions you have. Email us at support@drakewell.us to schedule! - The Drakewell Team

DrakeWell Review

Its internet based and i can utilize any computer to provide real time solutions.

Pros

Going green. Less hard copies to send in at the end of well.

Cons

Not being able to copy BHA's from well to the next and so on with multi well pads. I would like to copy and paste in a BHA and use as a template changing minor details.

Bobby, Thank you for taking the time to review us! Copying a BHA from well to well is something many have inquired about and we are looking into. Thank you!

To slow for the internet speed in the field

None. It slows me down and makes me work after my shift to catch up on entries.

Pros

Report files look ok. Can access from anywhere.

Cons

Too slow, needs internet to run. Not a big fan of the way things are laid out.

Cory, Welcome to Drakewell! Thank you for taking your time to give us feedback. One of the best things about Drakewell is that you can run it from your phone. Anywhere you have the ability to make a phone call or check your email from, you should be able to use Drakewell from as well. That being said, we are aware that some rig locations may have poor service which can inhibit seamless utilization...

1st time user

Overall...good. had some hiccups but easily recovered. The assets page works well but EVERYONE needs to be onboard.

Pros

Less calculating for the Directional driller.

Cons

No TFA. Dont like the way the BHA's are printed. Either pdf or excel.

Justin, Thank you for taking the time to review us and for the feedback. The BHA reports do contain a lot of information. We have plans to make improvements to these over time! Thank you! The Drakewell Team

Good one stop shop for basic information and communication between field and office

Pros

Drakewell is a fast platform on both mobile devices and PCs. I can easily navigate on my phone too.

Cons

I am not a big fan of the layout and the way different sections do and do not work together. There is a lot of redundancy which I think could be eliminated.

Hi Mickey, Thank you for taking the time to review us! We will reach out to you directly to understand a bit more about the redundancy and layout. Everyone's configuration is different, so there may be some features Aim is not utilizing. Cheers, Drakewell

Good program with more potential

Pros

Very easy to use, flags anything that needs corrected before saving to prevent errors and gaps

Cons

Unfortunately cannot fill out post run data on bhas unless you fill everything in. Makes it more difficult to get prepared on post runs before the bha is out of the hole

Hi Mike, Thank you for the review! We will reach out to dig deeper into the BHA post run report completion.

MWD Review for Drakewell

It is hopefully going to take place of other files and paperwork that I have to fill out. At this moment it is just another place I have to fill in the same information that I fill in elsewhere. But I do see it being useful once my company goes to using drakewell 100%.

Pros

That when filling out sections that if it was not complete in certain areas it told you what needed to be put in.

Cons

When I fill out my run summary I have to have all the info needed to save the report. It isn't an option to partially complete it as we drill for that run.

Hi Griffin, Thank you for taking the time to review and give feedback. It should eventually replace the paperwork you have to do. We will also look into giving you a way to partially complete information in a BHA.

Good system unless internet was down.

Minimized paperwork and more efficient having all job information on one program.

Pros

Easy to trabsfer items and infi from job to job especally on multipad wells. And all paperwork on one system instead of keeping up with unnessary paperwork.

Cons

When internet or server was down no way of getting to important job information needed to do job at hand.

Very easy to use just takes some getting used to.

Easily enter data and send reports to home office. They can also see your progress and any issues you may be having real time.

Pros

Easy to enter daily data and surveys and I especially like the 3D view on the plots. The copy previous data button is a plus in my book.

Cons

Needs some way to do projections and interact with plots for distances and projecting. I was using WinServe before but it had a lot of glitches in it.

Hi Tommy, Thanks for the review! Regarding projections, have you played with the Targets at the bottom of the Directional tab within a job? If you'd like some additional information on these, please reach out to us and we'll get a training session set up. Cheers, Drakewell

Works great so far

SO far I like it. Has been a great program.

Pros

Fairly easy to operate. Easy to edit components, And enter daily activity.

Cons

There is no tab on top after being in the (Motor strap) window, having to back page

Inventory

Drakewell helps us keep up with inventory

Pros

How we are able to keep up with Drilling and inventory

Cons

Having to entering all the info for each tool

Hi Kevin, Thank you for the review!

Honest Review

Rough! Many overtime hours put in trying to get this to work "Real Time"

Pros

You can put a logo on the home page.

Cons

It does not work for tracking assets or inventory. It takes too long to use.

Hi Scott, Thank you for taking the time to review us. We know you are busy and appreciate your honest feedback. We reached out and have a plan forward to help ease the pain of transition to a new system and to ensure that we are assisting in the right ways.

Drakewell Review

Pros

Real time format on summary screen is easy to read and follow history

Cons

Takes way to long for updates to happen.

Hi Tammy, Thank you for taking the time to review us! We appreciate all the time you have spent with us in training and giving feedback and we will continue to improve the platform as quickly as possible! We are constantly releasing new features and functionality--these are listed at http://help.drakewell.us/recent-updates.html

It was great

I just liked the program all except keeping track of the rigs operations

Pros

The software is easy to you especially for someone starting out. It gives you everything you need all in the program

Cons

Having to keep track of everything the rig is doing

Hi Kodey, Thank you for reviewing us! We apologize if you have had a less-than-helpful experience with our customer support. This is good feedback that we take seriously and will work to improve upon in any way that we can! - The Drakewell Team

A drill with Drakewell

Drakewell does the job for me. Not only does it make work easier, it helps me maintain service quality minimums

Pros

Major challenges faced by oil-service engineers is the event of a possible or potential well proximity crisis, as well as providing the right drilling trajectory to avert the potential dangers of such compromise. Drakewell provides features that specify collision distances thereby helping engineers to come up with the safest design of service.

Cons

Despite being an amazing software tool, the need to use it online becomes a bottleneck as real-time data may be needed from the permutations made on the software and so, an advent of poor internet connection becomes a stumbling block.

I like the software a lot... I knew absolutely nothing about it but was able to figure it out mysekf

Pros

User friendliness, portability of the network. No glitches. All in all not a bad program at all... especially for the older guys.

Cons

Intent based software can be a bit of an issue at times. Anyone can access a job and mess things up.

Hi Cody! Thank you for taking the time to review us! We work very hard to ensure that the system makes your life easier. I see you rated us 3/5 on customer support. This is an experience we'd like to address so will reach out to you directly. Thanks!

Extremely innovative and user friendly!

Pros

The software has the most valuable tools built in for easily accessible functions. The 3D graphics make the reporting functions easy to view and share.

Cons

I'm ready for the newest functions to come available and they are still in development! I wish some of the functions were ready for the client to access from their own device.

Dale, Thank you for the review! We are actively working on the Client Portal so that you can increase the transparency and ease of communication between you and your clients. Thanks! Drakewell